The Silent Chronicles: Silent Birth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My eyes kept shifting to the door as I pushed as hard as I could. The Lurkers feet were joined by more. They could probably smell the blood now. I tried to keep as quiet as I could. I felt the baby's head tear through. I held back a gasp and shifted forwards some more. I reached between my legs and felt my baby's head. The tears came faster and the next contraction came. Wrapping my hands around my baby's neck and bracing against the wall, I bit down on the towel again and pushed with all the strength I had in me.

The urge to scream was overwhelming but I had to stay silent. When I thought I couldn't push any longer my babies' shoulder came out followed by the rest of their body. My mouth fell open and I sat up and reached for my baby. As I brought my baby to my chest I noticed that it was a girl...I also noticed that the cord was wrapped around her neck and she wasn't breathing. Frantically, I pulled the cord from around her small neck. I held her in my arms and shook her trying to jolt her to wake up. But she didn't move. She was slowly loosing color, going from a bright pink to a dull purple. I brought her small face to mine and closed my mouth over her nose and mouth. Taking a deep breath I sucked in through my mouth. I felt mucus spurt into my mouth. I turned my head and spit it out on the floor. I turned back to my baby and breathed a little puff of air into her mouth. I rubbed her chest and waited while still slightly shaking her.

I couldn't stop crying. Please, I thought, don't let my baby die. I repeated the process and held her in my arms. That's when I heard the best sound I have ever heard in my life. She cried! She let out a high pitched wail. I hugged her tightly as her arms and legs kicked out, angry at the cold and shock. My happiness was soon replaced by fear as the Lurkers that were outside the bathroom door, heard her and started pounding on the door.

Chapter Seven

I screamed and wrapped her up in the towel and placed her between my legs. I reached out to my gun that was perched on the edge of the tub and prepared to shoot. The first Lurker busted through the door. I fired 3 times and he went down. Another came through and I fired again. After a 3rd Lurker went down and made a sort of body plug in the hole in the door I tossed a handful of marbles through the whole. What had to be 6 more Lurkers came shuffling around the corner, growling, coming straight at me and my newborn daughter. I didn't have enough bullets left and I knew that, but I wasn't going to just give up.

Just before the first one made it to me a huge flash of light enveloped the apartment. It stunned the first Lurker and I shot her down. Figures all in black busted through the windows in the kitchen and living room. The Lurkers were momentarily stunned. I could hear what sounded like a helicopter roaring outside. The black figures advanced and shot down the remaining Lurkers with automatic assault rifles. I screamed and clutched my baby to my chest. One of the figures approached me, an arm out. I held up my gun and aimed.

"Wait miss! Miss, we're here to help you!" He held out a hand towards me. My outstretched hand was shaking.

"Miss, everything's ok. It's ok." He kept repeating the phrase as he used two hands to cup my own that was holding my gun in a death grip.

"It's ok, your safe put it down". Panting and in pain I lowered my arm and let the gun slip into his hands. More camouflaged soldiers helped me up and covered me in a sheet. One of them carried me and my daughter down the stairs and outside. I held my baby close to me.

Outside the street was filled with Humvees and tank. A helicopter circled above. More people in tactical gear lined the streets. Some had on the initials of the Boston Police Department; others said FBI and some were in army camouflage. The man who was carrying me placed me gently in the back of one of the Humvees. He was the one who spoke to me before; the one who took the gun from me.

"We were in the area when we heard screams. That's when we saw the blood leading to the apartment. Your safe now, we'll protect you." The Soldier said. His voice was deep and reassuring like you could be on fire and if he told you that you would be unharmed you would believe him.

"I don't need protecting." He took off his army helmet and placed it on his hip. He was blond with short cropped hair, green eyes and a dimple in his left cheek. The Soldier looked tired like he hadn't slept in awhile and his beard had grown out but it suited him.

The handsome man let out a slight laugh then smiled at her. "Yea you're probably right. You've taken care of yourself so far." He noticed my shaking hands. "How about just some medical attention for you and your baby then?"

I just stared at him. My whole body was shaking and tremors were rippling through me as my body came down from its Adrenaline rush after such a traumatic experience. I just nodded.

"What's your name by the way?"

I didn't recognize what he said at first. My name?

"Miss?"

"A-a-anya. My name is Anya. And this is Rose."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Nikoli." The soldier smiled brightly and ran his thumb down Roses' check while staring at me softly, Rose let out a slight cooing sound.

Then Nikoli shut the door and signaled everyone to get ready to move out. I held Rose in my arms and leaned back against the seat. I let out a sigh and looked at my baby. Somehow during the whole dangerous, life threatening ordeal, she was fast asleep, sucking on her fist.

"Ok little one, let's do this."