The Sisterhood

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FD45
FD45
888 Followers

"Why didn't they survive? It sounds like they did everything they should have to keep afloat."

"Have you heard about ValuJet?" Brenda asked.

"Yes...wait....I think...wasn't that that airline that had that fire, killing everyone one board? I think they went out of business."

Brenda smirked at her. "No. It didn't go out of business. It had a PR nightmare on it's hand and figured the smart move was to change it's name. It's still running strong...just like the Sisterhood. It just has a new name. They are a bit more selective about who they accept and keep these days." She looked Rebecca straight in the eye.

"What job did she offer you?" Rebecca asked, trying to change the subject.

"This editorial gig. People write greetings or stories or all kinds of things on our blogs and in our book. I'm the one who goes over all of that, looking for mistakes and correcting them with my scarlet pen and then I send it back to them. Supposedly, it's so they can approve of the changes, but I really send it back to outline their errors so they don't make them again. Everyone makes mistakes. The smart ones don't make them repeatedly. It saves a lot of work in the long run."

"Well, it's nice that they finally forgave you and got you a job in another sorority."

Brenda smiled brightly. "Yes. And I so love the work. It's nice to be able to contribute something positive. After making such a wreck of my life, it's good to meet people who are keeping it together and understands the value of what they have before they throw it all away."

She glanced at her watch. "Oh dear! My flight leaves in a couple of hours. I need to run. I'm sorry for boring you with my story."

"Oh, it was facinating! But you didn't verify any information."

"So I didn't." She pulled a small white binder out of her purse. "Here. There are so many sisters all over the country that sometimes I do some research myself, make a few guesses and fill in the entry, then verify it with the person before it goes to print. This is one of my rough drafts. Why don't you look it over when you have a chance and I'll leave you one of my business cards." She reached over and squeezed her forearm "Keep me updated on any changes you want to make in your life."

Rebecca took the notebook and card automatically and glanced at the later.

Brenda Cuthbert Marketing Consultant XYZ Industries He should wish his wife to be beyond suspicion. Caesar

"I thought you said you were an editor."

"Oh...marketing is how I pay my bills. My calling is editing." Then she left.

The housewife wandered into the living room, gathering the tray and it's wreckage and brought it back into the kitchen. She poured herself another glass of iced tea and paged back to the W's. She couldn't find her name. Mentally slapping herself for her silliness, she turned back to her maiden name of Nesbit. Her tea forced itself the wrong way and she spat all over the page.

There was her picture with a large red A scratched over it.

Rebecca Nesbit Formerly Rebecca Wright

Marital Status: Married Divorced Address: 421 Billings Blvd Unknown pending settlement Membership Status: Good Standing Under Review

Rebecca looked at the entry for a long time. Shakily, she walked to the phone and dialed. "Hello? Hi Judith. This is Rebecca. No, I'm fine. I sound funny because I swallowed something wrong. Stop fucking laughing! This isn't funny! No I didn't forget anything. No, I don't want to talk to Phil. I want you to cancel my gym membership. Yes, today! NO! I don't EVER want to talk to Phil again! Tell him adieu. Yes, I'm very sure. Good bye and it's been nice knowing you."

First she burned that page on the stove burner and carefully swept up the ashes. As she gathered the glasses and used tissues, she figured that she'd have plenty of time to change into something nice for when Bob got home. She had some editing of her own to do...

Fin

My apologies that I couldn't fit in a single Mustang.

For the aspiring writer, just to give you a sense of how it's done, I went over this story about 10 times and I still find errors. Just an FYI.

FD45
FD45
888 Followers