The Success Story

Story Info
Jimmy becomes a success story of his own PI firm.
4.5k words
3.96
52.9k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
terrunt
terrunt
99 Followers

The rain was bouncing up and down on the asphalt of the highway. The wipers on my Lexus could barely keep up. It was like I was looking through Vaseline at the tail-lights of the car in front. The weather fitted perfectly to how I was feeling now.

I had received the telephone call at 4PM.

I looked at the clock on the dashboard. It was a little past 6, and I didn't care.

My name's Jimmy O'Hara.

I'm one of the founding members of a company called SecuriTech. We handle large scale security set-ups. Bugging, sweeps for bugs, CCTV, alarms, electronic gates. Anything to do with security, we do. It has led to a few embarrassing incidents where we've been called to do a bug sweep, only to find out that one of our technicians has placed the bugs. This happened a couple times where a spouse was suspecting of cheating.

I'm 6'1" and I tip the scales at around 240 pounds. I'm not a small guy, and it helps.

Weirdly, I didn't like CCTV and the like. I thought that we were increasingly headed towards a society where you couldn't fart in private. But there's money in it, and I'm good at what I do. I started as a technician for a small firm, and once I knew enough, I branched out, actually buying the firm I previously worked for. I offered the boss a managing position and he accepted. For some people it's not just about the money. I am one of those people. Just because I don't like the idea of a big-brother society, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy my job.

---

Two weeks previously:

I had been at a business convention where a major supplier was showcasing new products, and it had been held out of town.

My wife Kate had been rather quick to let me leave for this, but I enjoy these things, so I didn't really notice. It's only now I think about it that I noticed she agreed quickly.

I borrowed one of the business Dodge RAM's. I wasn't complaining. I hate the Lexus, and it was only at my wife's insistence that we bought it. She wanted something for when we had a family, other than her BMW, because her car was too prestige. Plus the trucks normally have our logo and name on them, and it never hurts to advertise.

I decided to the truck home with me the night before I was due to leave, because I would be leaving early in the morning, rather than spend the night at a hotel. So I signed it out and hopped into the extended cab. I turned the key, but nothing happened. This pissed me off. We're supposed to have an in-house mechanic that makes sure our trucks are fine to run at short notice. A lot of our calls are spur of the moment decisions, if you like.

All of our other marked trucks were out, so I spent half an hour trying to track another down. Like I said, I hate my Lexus. The only division of our company with a vehicle were our Investigation arm, which we inherited when we bought a company out a few years back. The head of division and I are old friends, so he made sure the vehicle would be available. It wouldn't be until morning, but I figured I could wait.

So I got in my hateful Lexus and drove home.

---

Kate was cooking dinner when I walked through the door. She heard me close the door, and looked down the darkened hallway.

"Hey." She tossed at me, and that was it. She had been like this for perhaps a month. Barely saying anything to me. It was pissing me right off. I just snapped.

"Bye." I spat back venomously, walking back through the front door. I needed a stiff drink. I walked to the local bar, preferring to leave the Lexus at home, rather than have to call a cab in the morning.

I know a lot of the locals. My father used to own a chain of bars in the town, before he passed away. I own the bars now, but my input goes as far as to have a check from them every month. But I worked as a waiter, then moved onto bar staff. I've done a lot with my 32 years. So, naturally, when I walked in, there were a lot of hello's. I liked the atmosphere, but I couldn't work here for a living.

I ordered a Corona. I know I said I wanted a stiff drink, but I changed my mind after walking in there. A beer and a laugh would suit me. I knew this bar, like every other bar in town, and the people in here didn't even know what a spirit was. You have to know the place to understand, but the 40 motorcycles parked outside really does say a lot.

I joked with Evan Hewitt and his biker crew before leaving for home. Evan was an old-timer, pushing 60 but still riding with 'the boys'. I can picture him dying whilst sat on that bike. Him and my father were buddies before my father passed.

I started the walk home, through the icy streets, watching my breath fog. That made me crave a cigarette, so I pulled out the packet of Marlboro Red. Lighting the white stick, I thought about what could possibly have gone wrong between me and Kate. Sure, we'd had our disagreements, but everything had been fine up until 2 weeks ago. Suddenly, a thought hit me with such force I staggered. A lot of the clients our Investigators handle report sudden distances between their spouse. I took a draw on my cigarette, relishing the harshness in my throat. This was my one guilty pleasure. I gave up when Kate married me, but I had needed one tonight. So I had gone to the dispenser in the corner of the bar and purchased some.

I walked down my street and saw the house ablaze with light. I took a last draw on my cigarette and threw the butt into the gutter. I walked up the path and exhaled slowly, knowing what was coming. I opened the door quietly and stepped inside, closing the door behind me.

"I slave in the fucking kitchen all afternoon and you just fuck off to the pub!" Kate yelled from the sitting room.

"I went to the bar because you've been distant from me for the last two weeks." I said, walking into the sitting room. She sat in the middle of the sofa. I sat down in an armchair.

I assume you're wondering why I went to a biker bar with my suit on. I don't actually wear a suit unless I'm meeting a client. I have very nice Armani suits, but I don't feel the need for them if I'm gonna be sat on my ass all day, seeing no-one but my secretary. So I just wear jeans and a normal shirt.

"Distant?! I haven't been fucking distant! You've been such a cock recently! How dare you turn this around to me Jim!" She screamed at me.

I just gave up. There's no reasoning with Kate when she's in this mood, so I left the room and went to the spare bedroom. I didn't want to see her to be honest.

I slept, and didn't remember my dreams when I woke in the morning to the harsh sound of an alarm clock.

---

I dressed in a suit today, because I was meeting a supplier and wanted a good impression.

I dressed in a black suit with a crimson shirt. I left the collar open, rather than wear a tie. I hate them.

Kate was still asleep as I left quietly and hopped into the Lexus. I started the car and looked at the clock. It was 6AM. I had a sports muffler on my car and at high RPM's it was incredibly loud. I felt bad on the neighbours, but oh well. I hit the gas, spinning the wheels and sending the car into a slide as I turned off the driveway. Let her wake up to that, I thought.

---

The truck was ready when I turned into the car-park. When he said truck, he meant SUV. Anything in that section was an SUV or sedan. We didn't mess about with the gas guzzling trucks, party because they were very loud, and partly because we used the space in the back for cameras.

So, there was a red GMC Yukon parked in front of the building, which had Michigan plates. We aren't based in Michigan, but we don't source locally, just in case an inquisitive individual takes it on themselves to check us out.

I signed the keys out and left the Lexus in my personal space.

I climbed into the GMC and turned the key. I listened to the Vortec 6.2 liter V8 growl under the hood.

I looked around the cab and relaxed into the biscuit coloured leather and wood trim. This was a perk of the job. I put the transmission into drive and accelerated smoothly out of the parking lot.

---

I enjoyed the convention, sampling new products, placing orders and negotiating deals with our suppliers.

I wasn't looking forward to leaving for home, but hey.

---

I was driving down the interstate which would take me to my neighbourhood. It was a dual lane and had intersections at certain intervals. It was a busy interstate so it had stop lights. I was waiting at one of these stoplights when Kate's BMW pulled up on my left. I didn't reach for the window controls as I might have done a month ago. I didn't want to see her. But I did look in the windows. I nearly had a heart attack. One of the accountants from her firm had pulled her in for a kiss. I waited for her to say no, but she just responded to him by kissing him even more. I grabbed a camera that the last occupant had left in the SUV and snapped a couple of photos. Our cameras aren't lightweight either. For the business, we use high end products. This was a Nikon of some variety. This wasn't what I was familiar with, but I knew how to use it. The signal turned green and I put my foot to the floor, the 403 horsepower engine quickly accelerating. I had all-wheel drive on the truck, so there was little wheelspin. One moment it wasn't moving, the next it was doing 80 MPH. I didn't care about a patrolling traffic cop, and I didn't care what she saw. I just got the fuck out of there.

---

I pulled in front of my work building in the SUV.

I was a wreck. I'd spent the last 5 miles tearing myself up.

I went straight to my office, not signing back in. I rushed past Sinead, my secretary, and announced "Get me Mark Harman. Now."

She looked up in alarm and said "Oh Jim, I'm so sorry." Then she hurriedly picked up the phone.

I slammed my office door, and sat down heavily in my chair. Mark came in 30 seconds later.

"What's up buddy?" He asked.

"I saw... ah... I want to become a client. I saw my wife with another man on the way home. Kissing him. I need enough evidence to bring this case to court, so she doesn't get a fucking penny!" I had steeled myself to divorce. I couldn't trust my wife of 6 years now, so I never would.

"Ok. Did she see you?" Mark asked cautiously.

"Why would you ask?" I was genuinely confused.

"Oh, we need to know whether we can use the truck again."

"No. She had her eyes closed..." I answered, unwillingly.

"Okay, we'll get right on it." Mark replied, and left.

---

I left for home after signing the SUV back in.

I wasn't dawdling when I was driving back. I have a 3 liter Lexus, just to make it slightly better than the 2 liter. I still despise it.

---

I forced myself to be normal with Kate. I didn't want her to know I was on to her. We ate dinner in silence and I slept in my marital bed. She came on to me, but I said I was too tired after the drive back.

"What time did you get back?" She asked lightly, but I knew what she was getting at.

"Oh, around 4PM." I answered, just as lightly.

That was a lie. It was 1PM when I saw her. I got to work at 1:15.

---

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, we lived our lives normally, but with no sex. I couldn't stand the thought of making love to the slut I called my wife. We hadn't had sex in nearly a month, but I didn't care. I wasn't about to fuck her, and I most definitely wasn't going to find someone else. I wanted my case to be strong, and I knew there would be time enough for that when the divorce was filed. It would take six months to be finalised, but we were technically registered as separate after the signed papers were delivered.

---

I had just finished with a client when Mark walked in.

"Hey bro, how you doin'?"

"The usual. I can't complain." I smiled.

"Listen, we have conclusive proof that she slept with this guy; Oliver Dermot. We've put together pictures and audio recordings. You can now file for divorce. There's no way she'd get anything now, your case is airtight."

"That's great Mark. Thank you. Here." I passed him my account details. "That'll keep the IRS happy."

"Sure. I wish I'd been able to say she wasn't cheating on you Jimmy. I'm sorry" Mark said, leaving my office.

---

My divorce took 9 days to be served, signed and returned, my lawyer called to tell me. I served her at work. Fuck her pride.

So here I was, driving home in the rain, looking through the windshield that appeared smeared in Vaseline. I was preoccupied with my thoughts, and didn't notice the screech of tires, until the headlights glared in front of me.

---

I woke up in a hospital bed, with a heart monitor attached to me. I pulled the contactors off and stood up. It was odd how I felt fine. A little stiff maybe, but fine. I pulled on my suit, which was draped over a chair, and went to find a nurse.

I got hit by a Mercedes travelling in the other direction. Apparently I suffered head injuries, and they kept me in overnight, because I didn't regain consciousness. I asked what had happened to my car, and they said it was totalled.

"Thank fuck for that, I've been dying to get rid of it." I laughed to my nurse, Misty.

She laughed back, and after an hour they let me go. I went straight to the Mercedes-Benz dealer and bought an AMG E63.

I loved it. As soon as I started it, I fell in love. German cars are supposed to be boring, but this isn't. At all.

I went home. To the home I shared with Kate. Kate had left, and taken all of her belongings. She'd left everything else, besides her BMW. I didn't care.

---

I got a call from my lawyer, telling me that she wasn't contesting anything, and didn't want to see me. I was more than happy with that. I didn't want to see her either.

--

I sold the house 2 months later, and I moved into my mothers 5 bedroom house. She was getting older, and my sister Kim had moved into a house with her boyfriend, so she was on her own. I didn't mind, I liked taking care of my mom, and she liked having me around the place again.

I was looking for a new place, but slowly. I liked being with my mom, and I wasn't in a hurry to spend money, really. I had a savings account with almost 4 million dollars in it. But I didn't see the point in blowing it on flash cars, or fancy houses. I had the Merc, and I didn't need a large house with just me in it, which is why I sold my house. I was just rattling around in it.

---

I got a call a couple of months later to tell me my divorce had been finalised. My lawyer also told me Kate and Oliver had been fired from their firm after I threatened to sue their employer. It turned out their supervisor was fully aware of what was going on, and he also knew Kate's marital status. They both had Moral clauses written into their contracts, so it was simple really.

---

Around that time I got a call from Peter, who told me he was back in town. He'd been working away with a construction firm, building a skyscraper 500 miles away. I grew up with Pete, and even attended the same college as him. He studied engineering, and I studied business. He'd asked me if I wanted to go for a drink, so we did. We went to a bar just out of town that had a trance DJ on. We thought it'd be a laugh.

Sinead was there with her girlfriend, so we got talking. It ended up kind of like a double date in the end. The talk flowed easily, and the drinks even easier, so we were all unwilling to let the night end.

My mom had gone to see her sister, who lived a few states over, so I had the house to myself. I invited everyone back, and we piled into a cab. I turned the stereo on, and we had a party. Pete and Sinead's girlfriend Emma vanished at some point, so Sinead and I were on our own.

"I think you're a great guy Jimmy, I don't know what Kate was thinking." She said, smiling dreamily. "If I had you, I'd never let you go. You're perfect."

"Thanks Sinead. I think you're a fantastic girl. You're really nice to say those things. You really think I'm that perfect?"

"That and more. I'd hold on to you with my dying breath." She answered.

She leaned in dreamily, looking into my eyes. I closed my own and leaned in to kiss her. I tasted cherries and I could smell her perfume. It was an intoxicating mixture, and I didn't want this kiss to end. But, it did.

She smiled and I just wanted to sweep her into my arms.

"I better be going, but..." Sinead didn't finish.

"Dinner, tomorrow night?" I asked.

"Okay. Pick me up at six." She replied.

Then she kissed me again. Her tongue entered my mouth and I responded. Then she pulled away.

"Goodnight Jimmy." She said, and left.

I smiled to myself. Dinner was going to be great.

---

I was at her door at 6 on the dot, wearing a shirt and suit pants. I thought the effort was worth it. She opened the door looking radiant in a red dress that stopped at her mid-thigh. I almost came, there and then.

She looked amazing.

I opened her door for her on the Mercedes. She thanked me and sat down, moving her legs sexily to avoid revealing her underwear to the world. I closed the door behind her and walked to my own side, climbing behind the wheel and hitting the starter button. We drove to an Italian restaurant I knew of near the Wal-Mart in town, chatting idly about nothing.

Once at the restaurant I hopped out and opened her door again, before she got the chance. She smiled again.

We ate, and I'd love to tell you what I ate, and what we talked about but I can't. I was absorbed in her dress. I was absorbed in her, if I'm honest.

She kissed me again that night when I dropped her off. I didn't want to rush things, so I kissed her back, thanked her for a lovely night, and made to leave.

"Um, Jimmy? I hope I'm not being too forward, but would you like to come in?" She enquired.

"Sure. I'd love to." I replied, smiling.

She brought out a bottle of red wine, and turned the music on. She was listening to an album by Coldplay, and I smiled. I like Coldplay too, but I didn't listen to them much. I suppose it made sense we both liked similar bands, because we grew up together. She's 32, like me, and we went to school in the same class. And now she even works for me.

We sat for around an hour, talking about everything and nothing, when she said suddenly:

"Oh my God, how is it we have so much in common and I've never noticed? I think I'm falling for you Jimmy."

"I think I'm falling for you too Sinead." I replied, nervously. I didn't want to take things too quickly, but I felt like we had a very real connection together.

She leaned over and kissed me again, but this was not a tender kiss. This was a kiss loaded with lust. I kissed her back hungrily, wanting... no, needing more.

Things quickly progressed, and she was fumbling with my shirt as I fumbled with the zip on the back of her dress. She tore my shirt off, and moved onto my belt as I got her zip down.

I pulled the dress off her shoulders, and it hit the floor. She stepped away from it and pulled my pants off, throwing them in a heap on the floor.

She pulled my boxers down, grabbing my erect cock.

I realised she wasn't wearing a bra or panties and rubbed my fingers over her exposed lips, feeling her shiver, and feeling the wetness. She grabbed my hand and walked me towards the bedroom.

We got to her bedroom and she collapsed backwards onto the bed, pulling me with her. I rubbed her hairless pussy and heard her groan in pleasure.

"I need you to fuck me. Now. I'm so fucking wet. Please Jimmy, fuck me!" She begged.

I was only too happy to oblige, plunging all 7" of my erect cock into her pussy.

She gasped with the pleasure and dug her nails into my back.

I fucked her quickly, needing to release myself, and she fucked me back just as eagerly, slamming her hips into mine.

I quickly felt myself ready to cum, and noticeably tensed.

"It's okay baby, come inside me." She coaxed.

terrunt
terrunt
99 Followers
12