The Summoning

Story Info
Adventure awaits!
813 words
4.11
5k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sunlight streams through the gossamer curtains lining the window of my inner chamber. I stare into the full length looking glass, lifting a length of my wedding gown and running the soft satin through my thin fingers. It's hard to believe the day has finally come. In less than an hour, I will be meeting my husband to be for only the third time. My heart races and I see color flush into my pale cheeks. My servants bustle around me, two still fussing with the lacing at the back of my bodice, one arranging and rearranging the bouquet of lilies and ferns, and still another finishing the final stitches of my veil, crocheted of the finest spiders silk. My mind wanders back to the first day I began my priestess training; the first day I met him.

The trees rustled with the light breeze that had easily brought us spring and emerald shades of green sparkled with life as the counsel had gathered in the circular clearing. Those of us to be inducted were standing in a ring at the edge of the forest surrounding us. I had easily spotted him and it did not escape me that his eyes met mine almost in the same instant. I felt a spark that I could see reflected in his own eyes as if our destinies were intertwined over the course of Millennia; as if the universe had spun simply to align for this meeting. The whole collection of our kinsmen faded away, leaving only us. He approached me and simply settled his strong hand against my cheek. It all felt so natural. No words were spoken, but somehow, we knew. When I opened my eyes again, I caught him smiling at me and was deeply aware of the fact that there was no other road for me to take now.

I am drawn back to the present and glance down at my left hand where my birth mark rests gracefully about my third finger; a pale feather, indicating a high power. At least, this is what the High Priest told us when we approached him about our visions.

That day was a cool one. Drizzling rain canvased the forest as I made my way to the temple. I felt his presence close by and somehow knew he was coming for the same reason as myself. It was not long before he was by my side and matching me step for step. We walked in silence, once again not needing words to communicate. However, it seemed as though our arrival at the temple was anticipated and there was no denying the strange feeling of ecstasy I felt float through me as we entered. I jumped a little as he took my hand in his own and gave it a comforting squeeze.

We were welcomed with gusto and joyous reverie. The great temple was alive with some great celebration. At that moment, the High Priest greeted us.

"What is this?" I asked timidly, gazing around in confusion.

He laughed. "The prophecies are finally coming true," he answered boisterously. "The children of the feather, joined at last. This is truly a day to celebrate." He turned to address the company gathered. "Let it be remembered, the day of enlightenment." A deafening cheer shook the trees as a thousand voices chorused his words.

I turned to my companion and found him smiling brightly at me as he held out his left hand, the imprint of a feather winding around his third finger. I gasped before showing my own mark and smiled shyly as I knew that our lives had just become even more entwined.

I take a deep breath as my wedding veil is placed upon my head and a garland of babies' breath secures it in place, accompanied by a matching garland across my breast. One last glance in the mirror reflects a little girl in woman's clothing, but miraculously, I am not afraid. I stand tall and proud; a giantess among my people, and today, I feel the power of my stature. I walk boldly to the door of my chamber and open it, ready to meet my fate whatever it may be.

That is until...

The little man standing outside my door reaches a height of no more than three feet tall, the height only completed by the brightly embroidered, pointed hat atop his head. His rosy cheeks are a bit ruddy from what must be weeks of traveling. Without a word, he whips a bright blue envelope from his breast pocket and waves it around with authority. Befuddled, I grasp it and watch in wonder as he simple turns on his heel and marches off down the hall. I turn the envelope over in my hand. It is sealed with an unrecognizable seal and across the front, gold gilded lettering reads, "The Summoning".