The Taking of Lena Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I w-was resting, like you told me to," Lena offered, vainly hoping Marie would be convinced.

The blow came swiftly across her right cheek, and Lena felt like her cheekbone had been shattered. Marie had never slapped her before, and hadn't even spanked her as a child. Lena began to cry again not because of the pain in her face, but because she knew of how much she had hurt Marie.

"You...lie," Marie said coldly. Lena reached out to Marie, but the woman stepped back and wrinkled her nose, almost as if in disgust.

"I'm so sorry, Marie," Lena pleaded bashfully. Marie shook her head.

"For years I have loved you as if you were one of my own, because ever since your mother died, I had this...feeling that the little girl she left behind was special. I raised you, guided you, taught you...to be better than this," Marie said slowly.

Lena frantically shook her head as the hot tears violently spilled down her cheeks, and she tried again to reach out to Marie, but Marie would not let her touch her.

"Marie, I'm so sorry. I love you and I thank you for everything that you have done for me, but this, what you think you know, it isn't true, I swear it!" Lena begged. Marie's nostrils flared and her colorless face turned red.

"You dare insult my intelligence? I heard you, Lena! Screaming his name!" Marie exclaimed.

"But it wasn't my fault! He made me do it!" Lena pleaded. Marie snorted.

"I know precisely what I heard, and you were all too willing. I expect nothing more from an arrogant lord, but you, Lena. I raised you to have more self-respect, more self-control. I raised you to honor the house you serve, yet you have spit on it with your careless lusts! You shame me, and you shame Master Sterling," Marie replied, storming off.

Lena truly began to panic then, and she took off after Marie, hoping to stop her from reaching Sterling.

"Marie, I know I have disappointed you, but you have to believe me when I say that I did not pursue Renz! He forced me!" Lena exclaimed. Marie did not halt her steps, and Lena found she had trouble keeping up with her longer strides.

"You call him by his name you foolish girl," Marie replied. Lena stopped moving and hiccupped when she realized her mistake, but she ran after Marie again.

"Marie, please...if you tell Master Sterling, he will throw me out! I will have nowhere to go!" Lena cried.

Marie stopped just outside of the entrance to the grand dining hall and looked at Lena.

"You should have thought of that before you seduced one of his guests," Marie replied. Lena shook her head.

"But I didn't seduce—"

"You have been like a daughter to me, Lena. And I thought I raised you as such. But I have three beautiful, perfect girls of my own. It is clear to me now that you, and your actions...are just the result of bad blood," Marie said coldly, turning on her heel and entering the dining hall.

Lena felt like she'd been slapped again as Marie's words sunk in, and her panic continued to escalate as she waited for Marie's return. She felt nauseous and dizzy again, and was certain she would faint again from anxiety.

When the doors reopened a few moments later, Marie was joined by Sterling. Lena immediately lowered her eyes, too ashamed to look at him directly.

"Follow me," she heard him say. Lena nodded and watched his feet, following his strides. To Lena, it felt like a death march.

They entered the library, and Lena jumped in fear when Sterling slammed the doors shut.

"Sit," Sterling instructed. Lena nodded and walked towards an armchair, but Sterling cleared his throat.

"On the floor, Lena," Sterling said. Lena sniffled in shame, knowing that she was fully deserving of the humiliation.

Lena cried as she slowly kneeled on the floor, and timidly looked up at Sterling. She expected him to look angry and aggressive, like Marie, but instead, he looked tired and sorrowful.

"I'm so sorry, sir," Lena said quietly. Sterling shook his head.

"You know, Lena...your mother came to my manor when she was barely older than you are now. She was pregnant, and unwed," Sterling said, slowly pacing back and forth.

"I did not know, sir," Lena replied. Sterling weakly gestured with his hand, silencing her.

"When your mother arrived looking for employment...I knew I had never seen any woman so beautiful. Not just her lovely face, but her spirit, her grace, her true joie de vivre. Lorena was...enchanting," Sterling continued.

"But...what about Mrs. Sterling?" Lena asked, confused. Sterling smiled faintly.

"I was very fond of Mrs. Sterling, rest her soul. And I respected our marriage. But your mother, Lena...I loved her. And when she lay dying, I promised her that I would take care of you," Sterling said solemnly.

"I thank you for all you have done for me," Lena said quietly. Sterling sighed, and shakily kneeled in front of her on the floor. He gently reached out and touched the side of her face, where Marie had struck her. Lena closed her eyes and leaned into the gentle touch.

"You have your mother's eyes. Like sapphires and aquamarines all rolled together. You have her smile, and you have her laugh. I see her in you when you hum to yourself, when you dance while cleaning when you think you are alone," Sterling said softly.

"Your love for my mother...is this why...Marie has said I am of bad blood?" Lena asked tentatively.

Sterling slowly pulled his hand away from her face and looked at her, and Lena noticed his eyes were watering.

"Marie said you are of bad blood, because your mother, too, was a whore," Sterling said, shakily standing up.

Lena brought her hand to her chest in shock.

"Sin lies behind your pretty face, just as it did with her. Lorena knew she was beautiful, and I was not the only man she captured," Sterling said, turning away from her.

Lena balled her fists in hurt and anger, and her knuckles began to turn white.

"I am not my mother! I am no whore!" Lena exclaimed. Sterling slowly turned around and looked down at her.

"You are no better than she was. You have dishonored this house. I expect you gone by morning," Sterling replied. Lena's eyes widened.

"My entire life has been here! Where do you expect me to go? What do you expect me to do?" Lena asked pleadingly. Sterling lowered his eyes.

"I suggest the trade that brought your mother here in the first place," Sterling replied. And with that, he left the room.

Lena screamed and curled up on the floor, crying hysterics. Her world, as far as she knew it, was completely shattered. Sterling no longer cared for her. Marie no longer loved her. She was being forced out of the only home she knew. Lena, for the first time in her life, felt completely and utterly alone and helpless, and she sobbed until she felt as if she would become sick from her tears.

Renz silently entered the library, and felt an ache on the inside at the sight of Lena crying. Just as their first night together, her sobs were so loud that she didn't even notice him enter the room.

"Why is a girl as lovely as you crying?" Renz said softly, repeating their first encounter. He heard her hiccup, and she turned around to look at him.

Her large blue eyes were red and swollen, her cheek was inflamed and bruised, and tear stains coated her gentle, creamy skin. There was so much sadness in her eyes, and he was surprised to find how deeply...disturbed he was by the sight. It was wrong, unfitting, incorrect. He felt that Lena should never experience that much sadness.

"You heard Marie and me outside of my bedroom," Lena stated. Renz couldn't find it in his heart to lie to a face that hurt, and he nodded slowly.

"Then why didn't you come to my defense? I honored our bargain! You knew I would be banished. Why do you wish to torment me?" Lena demanded sorrowfully.

Renz approached her and kneeled next to her. Lena eyed him suspiciously and shrank away from him, and he reached out to grab her in impatience.

"I wish no suffering on you, Lena. I wish only to give you a better life," Renz said. Lena frowned.

"I loved my life, here! You've ruined it! I'll never forgive you!" Lena exclaimed.

Renz reached for her small hands and gripped them in his.

"I don't need you to forgive me, Lena. All I need you to do is come with me," Renz said seriously. Lena stared at him, openmouthed and bewildered.

"You said yourself you have nowhere else to go. You know how pleasurable it can be between us. Come with me, and I will take care of you," Renz said. Lena shook her head.

"And what is to become of me when you tire of me? When you've exhausted all of your lusts?" Lena asked.

Her question caught him off-guard, and he wasn't sure how to answer. He knew very well that his interest in the girl bordered on obsession, yet like most things, the obsession was quite possibly temporary. He had never been one to be content with just one woman.

But Lena was not just a woman, it seemed. She was the embodiment of his every desire. She was perfection. As soon as he first saw her, no other women existed. He needed her with him.

"I will always take care of you, Lena," Renz said, for that was the truest answer he could give her.

Renz watched in wonder as thoughts passed through Lena's eyes, watching as their blue deepened and deepened, like the depths of the ocean. He observed her trembling, pink lips, her delicate cheekbones stained with welts and tears. Renz realized, then, that this fragile, beautiful creature needed him as much as he needed her. She needed to be protected.

"Come with me, Lena," Renz urged softly, tilting her chin to face him. Her tired, slightly lavender eyelids lowered before meeting his gaze, revealing her answer.

"Yes."