The Taking of Lena Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lena was surprised by his question, but then her blood steadily ran cold when she thought of Erich. She hadn't actually done anything with him, but did Renz somehow know about her illicit dreams?

Lena decided to give him the truest answer she could.

"You're the only man who has ever touched me. I have kept my word," Lena said, feeling guilty. Renz seemed satisfied with her answer, however, and he kissed her forehead.

"Good. I don't want to share you," Renz said.

She heard his breathing begin to slow as sleep began to overtake him once more, but now, Lena was fully awake.

"May I ask you something else, sir?" Lena whispered. Renz chuckled.

"One more question, curious girl. And then we sleep," he replied.

Lena bit her lip in nervousness, wondering if asking was a mistake. But the uncertainty was too much for her to contain.

"Why did you divorce your wife?" Lena blurted quickly.

She felt Renz's body stiffen tensely, and Lena became fearful that she'd angered him.

"Who told you about that?" Renz asked in return.

Not wanting to implicate Erich, Lena offered another half-truth.

"Gisele mentioned it at dinner," she replied. This made Renz laugh sardonically, and he rolled onto his back, and ran a hand through his tousled dark hair.

"I'm not surprised. I imagine that must have shocked such a proper and modest little thing like yourself," Renz mentioned.

Lena wasn't sure if he was being sincere, for she was naked and in bed with him—there was nothing proper or modest about that.

"I would just like to know why," Lena said.

Renz was silent, and Lena wondered if he had any intention of sharing with her. She pulled away from him and curled up on her other side, cursing herself for naïvely thinking that a man like Renz would ever share an honest part of himself with her.

"I divorced my wife because she killed our child," Renz said suddenly. Lena inhaled sharply, not entirely sure if she'd heard him correctly. This was certainly very different from the story Erich had told her.

"What do you mean?" Lena asked, dumbfounded. She heard Renz release several heavy sighs, and Lena wondered if he was becoming angry.

"She purposefully terminated her pregnancy about two months before the babe was supposed to be born. She found a way to force him out of her," Renz said.

Lena rolled over to face him, and was surprised by the sparkling she saw in his eyes.

"Are you sure it was purposeful? Maybe she just—"

"She made no attempt of hiding her...materials, Lena. It was wholly premeditated. She told me so once she recovered," Renz said icily.

Lena observed Renz carefully. He was quickly reverting to that cold, cruel man that she had grown to fear. But now she knew that there was deep pain beneath that coldness.

Lena said a silent prayer for her safety as she slowly scooted close to Renz. She curled up against him and placed her hand on his chest, hoping he would not react violently or cruelly.

"I'm so sorry, sir," Lena said softly. Renz frowned and blinked several times, and the moisture in his eyes somewhat dissipated.

"I'll admit I wasn't the most ideal husband for a woman like her. I was a much younger man then, easily distracted by the fleshly offerings of loose women. I enjoyed my wife very much...but I enjoyed others as well.

"However, once I found out about the baby, I dedicated everything in me to making my wife happy. I swore off all other women. I was so excited to be a father, and was determined to be better than mine. But the memory of a scorned wife is very long, Lena. Ilise felt I deserved what she did," Renz continued.

Lena sat up on her elbows and looked directly at Renz.

"No one deserves that," Lena said seriously. Renz's hard face was somewhat softened by a faint, sad smile.

"I couldn't stand being around her after that. I figured no amount of social shame could be worse than spending a life with her. I paid her handsomely...her family would have come after me if I didn't," Renz said dryly.

Lena stared at Renz in the darkness, and she realized that Renz wasn't just an arrogant, selfish, cruel man. He was a deeply hurt, grieving man too.

"So now you know some of my secrets. Rest up and prepare to tell me yours," Renz said, pulling the sheets over her. Lena frowned.

"My secrets?" she asked nervously. Renz chuckled.

"Absolutely, Lena. You've gotten to explore my heart tonight. Tomorrow, I'll be exploring yours."