The Taking of Lena Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why did you force me?" Lena asked.

She'd spoken the words before she even realized she'd uttered them, and she began to blush when she saw Renz appear uncomfortable. She wondered if she'd destroyed the spell, if Renz would shroud his honesty and hide himself again.

He lowered his head briefly, but then returned his gaze directly towards her face.

"Because I thought I would lose myself if I didn't have you. It was selfish...and of that night I hold no pride," Renz said. His voice was a near whisper, but Lena was acutely aware of his words and tone. It seemed as if all of her senses were hyperaware of every movement, sound, and touch Renz produced.

"You hurt me," she said quietly. She was shocked when she saw a look of utter shame eclipse his handsome face, and she had the brief instinct to retract her words, and comfort him. But Lena was frozen where she kneeled.

"And I will forever regret causing you pain. Which is why I bought you something," Renz said.

Lena frowned then, and her anger began to return. Her tears began violently falling again, and she yanked her hand away from his. Surely he didn't think he could simply buy away the pain he'd caused the night he'd stolen her.

"Is that all you know how to do? Buy things and destroy things?" she cried. Lena had intended to shout at him, but her words came out in broken, tear-filled sobs.

She saw Renz reach into his jacket pocket, slightly wincing as his shoulder moved. He paused as he gripped the object of interest, and Lena felt her blood run cold, terrified of how insulting it might be.

Renz slightly lowered his head and paused for several moments as Lena's words settled between them.

"I ordered this for you when we were in Berlin. It only recently became available in the last week. Do you remember what I said to you the last night we spent in the city?" Renz asked.

Lena slightly frowned as she returned to the memory, the happy memory of lying in bed with Renz.

"You said...you'd needed privacy that day...that you would tell me more upon return," Lena said shakily. Renz nodded slowly.

"This is for you Lena," Renz said. He handed her a small, but very heavy, deep red box. It was bordered by a graceful gold design that reminded Lena briefly of a fleur de lis. The French name elegantly displayed on the top evoked a sense of royalty and grace, and Lena felt her heart race in nervous anticipation.

Lena felt her hands begin to grow sweaty as she nervously opened the golden clasp of the box.

"You cannot be serious," Lena whispered nervously. Lena forced herself to glance away from the box she held in trembling hands, and she noticed, with a distant level of nervousness, that Renz's hands were slightly shaking as well.

"I have a proposition for you, Lena," Renz mentioned. Lena looked into his eyes, wondering if he was being entirely sincere.

"If you choose to leave me, I want you to accept this ring as an apology. While it cannot undo any pain I've caused you...it's worth will guarantee you a very, very comfortable life. And I will support anything else you desire from a silent distance," Renz said.

Lena brought her eyes back to his face, and she was dumbfounded and speechless by all that she was hearing.

"Proposition?" Lena said quietly. It was the only word she could come up with as she tried to piece together and understand all that Renz said.

"Business is how I was raised, Lena. It is what I understand best," Renz replied.

His gaze was beginning to overwhelm her again, and Lena looked up at the ceiling to try and regain some clarity. He was offering her freedom, without the risk of being forced into another factory or another brothel, due to her low status. He was offering her a viable future.

But it was a future without him.

"What...what's the alternative?" Lena asked shakily, bringing her eyes to his nervously. She saw a brief flicker of what appeared to be fear cross his face, and she noticed his strong throat slightly strain as he swallowed hard. He was certainly that same sophisticated and confident man, but Renz had never before looked this nervous to her.

"The alternative is...assuming that by some miracle, you choose to stay...I want you to think of this ring as a promise," Renz said. Renz pulled the box fully open, and the ring's fire beautifully caught the moonlight, and brilliantly illuminated the space between them.

"A promise of what?" Lena asked. Renz wrapped both of his hands around her shaky ones, and she felt her heart race at the touch.

"A promise that I will never again hurt you, or betray the trust you so freely bestow. A promise that I will protect you. A promise that I will spend each day proving to you how much you are loved," Renz said.

Lena felt her head begin to pound, and she realized that she'd been holding her breath. She exhaled forcefully, and struggled to form a coherent sentence or thought. This was certainly not what she'd expected to hear from Renz.

"Business proposition...that means there's something you expect of me...right?" Lena asked. Her thoughts went briefly to the moment when Renz had given her jewelry for the very first time, and she wondered if his thoughts were in the same place. He'd made his expectations very clear that day.

Renz smiled softly, the first genuine smile she'd seen all night, and her heart warmed at the slight hint of familiar humor in his eyes.

"As I am the debtor here...I am in no position to expect anything of you. But I do have requests," Renz began.

Lena began to tense nervously, wondering what those were.

"If you choose to leave...I want you to promise you'll seek your happiness," Renz said. Lena slightly shifted, still fearful of the idea of leaving him.

"And...if I don't choose to leave?" she asked shyly.

Renz removed the ring from the box and gently began to slide it onto her finger.

"Then I still want you to promise to seek your happiness. And...I want you to promise that one day, you'll consider becoming my wife," Renz finished.

Lena gasped as the ring slid onto the base of her finger. She had no idea that diamonds so large even existed. It was a perfectly rounded, multi-faceted colorless diamond, that glittered prettily with each tremble of her hand. The base stone was large enough to completely obscure her finger from her first to second knuckle. It was surrounded by a delicate, almost floral like design of silvery metal, beaded with two smaller, but equally luminescent, diamonds on either side. The band also featured smaller diamonds around the entire circle. Lena thought the ring looked like a beautiful cluster of stars.

"One day?" Lena asked curiously. More of Renz's humor began to gently appear, and the sight of his widening smile began to make her relax.

"Would you say yes if I proposed today?" Renz countered. Lena lowered and shook her head.

"No," she admitted softly. She was about to become nervous again, but she heard the low, faint rumble of Renz's soft chuckle.

"Then one day it is," Renz replied.

Lena looked down to where their skin touched, his long fingers gently stroking her knuckles, and she felt her heart begin to race again. She couldn't tell if she was nervous, or fearful, or excited...and she wasn't entirely sure what she'd just agreed to.

Lena moved her gaze to Renz's chest, and she saw that his shirt collar was slightly loosened. Otherwise, he remained fully, and formally, dressed. Lena assumed that meant he'd only returned very recently, and she wanted to ask him where he'd been, and who he'd seen. She wanted to know why he'd stayed away for so long.

She tried to form words, to begin asking questions, but she was transfixed by the small "V" of naked skin just beneath his neck. She could almost see the central muscle line of demarcation that divided his torso...that hard, deep line that she loved so much. Lena could hear Renz speaking, but she wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. She wanted to see that line again. She wanted to feel Renz again. If he truly loved her, she wanted to know what it felt like.

Lena lunged forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing hard. She pulled him as close to her body as she could, momentarily forgetting about his still injured shoulder. Lena forcefully pressed her mouth against his, pushing his lips apart, and she moaned in satisfaction when she finally tasted him.

Renz was still for several moments, but then she felt him begin to return her kiss. Her toes curled and her excitement began to boil as he tenderly stroked his tongue against hers. She felt his hands on her waist, gently squeezing her flesh through her silk gown, and she began to tremble when she felt his palms moving closer to her breasts.

She slightly arched her back to grant him the access she desired, but to her disappointment, Renz gently pushed her away.

"Don't do this to me now," Lena said sadly. Renz gently smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"How quickly you forget our agreement, Lena. That ring means I will protect you and love you...and that means, no sex until you are fully healed," Renz said softly. Lena released a loud, angry whine, and Renz's eyebrows rose humorously.

"You don't want me anymore?" Lena asked, slightly nervous about the reply. She relaxed when Renz shook his head and released a hearty laugh.

"You know I'll never have my fill of you. But I want you healed. Now get into bed," Renz ordered.

Lena slightly frowned at his sudden domineering tone, but she obeyed, and slowly crawled beneath the covers. She felt her body generously sink in the highly piled pillows, and she began realizing that she was finally becoming tired.

But she still wanted Renz.

"What are we supposed to do in bed then?" Lena asked curiously.

She watched in awe, and slight annoyance, as Renz removed his jacket and shirt, hard, rippled torso heightened by moonlight. She hated that he looked this...wonderful, and still refused her.

Renz strolled towards where she lay, and slightly bent, bringing his lips to hers. He gave her a soft, chaste kiss, and Lena felt her desire begin to throb. But Renz pulled himself away from her before she could claim him.

"Just sleep together," Renz replied.

******

It was late morning when Lena woke up. She pushed at the silky sheets of Renz's bed and stretched her limbs, trying, with great difficulty, to remember what she'd been dreaming.

The memory returned, of Renz sitting on the ottoman, and Lena was filled with sadness. She was tempted to crawl back beneath the covers and try to sleep again, so that she could relive that dream again. She wanted to hear him apologize again. She wanted to hear him say that he loved her, even if she dreamt it.

Lena crawled out of the bed, and began pulling at the linens. She made the bed the way Marie had taught her at Sterling Manor, paying careful attention to each layer of finery.

It was when she replaced the final decorative pillow that Lena caught sight of the large diamond on her left hand.

Lena blinked several times as she stared at the ring, slightly twisting her hand in bewilderment. Her heart raced as she began recalling the events of the previous night, and she realized, with great fear and excitement, that Renz really had returned.

But she had no idea what that meant for her.

Lena rushed out of his suite, walking much faster than was safe, and by the time she reached the landing of the stairs, Lena felt like she would pass out from dizziness.

But she ignored those feelings, and instead gripped the railing as firmly as she could, and walked down the stairs. Schloss Wolfenbarger was already very busy, with servants rushing past her, and hurrying to complete their tasks. But they all paused when they met her eye level.

"Good morning, fräulein. Is there anything I can do for you?" one of the butlers asked. Lena had only seen him once or twice, for his formally assigned duties never required his day-to-day tasks to intersect her healthcare.

"Good morning...where is Herr Wolfenbarger?" Lena asked nervously. The man smiled fondly and offered his arm.

"This way, fräulein," he said cordially. Lena gripped his elbow, primarily to keep from falling over, and she followed him to the semi-formal first floor lounge.

"There's my wayward patient," Karl said. He had a look of disapproval, but Lena was certain she heard a bit of amusement in his voice too.

Lena blushed and lowered her head...realizing that her absence from her suite this morning must have appeared quite indecent. Her eyes flickered over to where Renz sat, and Lena felt her knees begin to tremble. Why did he have to appear so attractive to her?

Renz smiled his curved smile and began to approach her, and Lena's heart raced as he came near. He gently placed her hand in his, and Lena felt like she would convulse.

"Did you rest well?" Renz said quietly. Lena looked up into his face, and he had that look that made her feel like a goddess.

"Yes...I like your bed more than mine," Lena responded, once she began breathing normally again.

Renz brought his lips directly to her ear, and Lena felt her body become fully alert and aware.

"Then I do hope you plan on spending more time in it," Renz whispered. Lena stepped back, wondering in fear if Karl had somehow heard. Thankfully, the doctor seemed oblivious to Renz's indecency.

Lena blushed and walked towards Karl, but she could feel Renz's gaze on her back.

"I overslept," Lena said quietly. Karl glanced briefly at Renz, but then he reached into his bag.

"Let's see how your lungs are," Karl instructed. Lena did as he told, and slightly turned around on the sofa. From this position, she was directly facing Renz.

She kept her curious gaze on his as she felt Karl loosening the button of her dressing gown at the base of her neck. She slightly jumped when she felt the cool stethoscope against her bare back, causing an almost panicked expression from Renz.

"Is she all right?" he asked. Lena could hear Karl sighing heavily behind her.

"Quiet. I need to hear her lungs. Deep breaths Lena," Karl said.

Lena inhaled and exhaled deeply several times, gaze still fixed on Renz. He was staring at her with concern in his eyes, and it warmed her on the inside.

"Very clear. And no coughs today," Karl said.

"So she'll be safe?" Renz asked. Lena finally looked away and glanced at Karl, puzzled by Renz's words. There was something that was being kept from her...something that Karl knew.

"Yes, as I've told you. Make sure she eats and rests regularly though. That's the only thing that will cure the last of the pallor," Karl said, standing up from the lounge.

"As you've told him? So you knew where he was!" Lena exclaimed, racing towards Karl. Karl retreated several steps, but Lena was furious. He'd lied to her.

"Lena, love—"

"Don't! I am not some fragile weak doll. I've spent weeks, caged up in this place, not knowing if you're alive or dead. And he lied to me every day!" Lena said angrily, brushing off Renz's touch. Renz's eyes widened in surprise, and he wisely chose not to reach for her again.

Karl, however, seemed less affected by her anger, and only rolled his eyes and glanced at Renz in annoyance.

"Perhaps you should explain this to her," Karl said. Renz lowered his head and nodded quickly, and Karl took a quick departure.

Lena fumed for several moments, and she felt her entire body shake with her anger. It slightly frightened her, how turbulent and emotional she was being. And she was filled with guilt for rudely yelling at the man who had been caring for her for three weeks.

When she finally calmed down, she looked up at Renz. And she felt her irritation rise again when she saw that Renz was smiling.

"What amuses you now?" Lena asked dryly. Renz cocked his head to the side and folded his arms, but his wolfish grin remained.

"So you really were asking for me," Renz said. Lena blushed, suddenly feeling as if some secret of hers had just been exposed.

"Yes...I was very worried. My last memory of you was seeing you shot," Lena replied, finally beginning to calm down.

Renz's smile widened, and she thought that she saw his eyes slightly glitter.

"Does that mean you love me, Lena?" Renz asked.

His question caught her off guard, and Lena had to pause. She looked up at Renz shyly, hoping he wouldn't make her say it.

They exchanged a look of recognition, and Renz lowered his head and nodded.

"I don't trust you," Lena whispered quietly. She felt overcome with sadness as Renz's jubilance faded, and Lena wondered when she'd begun to react so strongly to his emotional currents.

"I understand, Lena. Believe that," Renz said.

Lena took a deep breath and slightly bit her lip as she slowly approached Renz. She reached for his folded arm, fully appreciating the feeling of his warm skin against her fingers.

"But I'd like to," Lena said truthfully. Lena felt her heart flutter as she saw the hope begin to return to his handsome face.

"How can I earn your trust Lena?" Renz asked. His voice dropped with that low purr that made her barely healthy body begin to ache with desire. Lena took several steps away from him and sat down on a lounge. She didn't want to experience the sting of his rejection again.

"Tell me...tell me how you found me. Tell me where you've been. Tell me why Karl lied to me. Tell me why you stayed away for so long," Lena said quietly.

Lena stared ahead at the table in front of her, which was covered in an elaborate spread of breakfast meats, breads, and fruit. Her body was still as Renz approached her, and she kept her eyes lowered as he sat down opposite her.

"Listen to your doctor and eat. And I will tell you anything you wish," Renz said.

Lena started with the fruit, and she quickly chewed several pieces, glancing up at Renz expectantly.

"I didn't...react to your departure very well, Lena," Renz said. Lena slightly paused and became nervous, and she wondered if Renz would bring up the angry words between them. She didn't want to revisit them...she would have been happy to leave them buried, and eventually forgotten, forever.

"What do you mean?" Lena asked.

Renz slightly leaned forward, and clasped his large hands tightly together.

"I was...quite unstable," he said carefully. Lena had a feeling that Renz wanted to say more, and she watched him in curiosity as Renz, for the very first time, appeared to struggle to find his words.

"I cried every night," Lena said softly. Renz frowned in bewilderment, almost looking as if he didn't believe her.

"Surely you had Erich to dry your tears at night," Renz said. Lena shook her head, not wanting to think or talk about Erich.

Lena glanced at Renz, and she saw that he appeared to be almost fearful. Lena sighed, for the first time deducing with confidence what Renz was thinking.

"I was never...involved...with Erich," Lena said. Renz's head snapped up at attention, and Lena couldn't help but slightly smile at the hopeful gaze on his face.

"You shared a bed with him every night for over a month...and he never touched you?" Renz asked.

Lena's thoughts went to the night she'd tried to offer herself to Erich, to purge his fears, as well as her own, of Renz's power over her.

"He said that he could see you all over me. He didn't want me...we never shared a bed," Lena admitted.

Renz's expression became fully serious again, and he stared deeply at Lena for several prolonged moments. Lena became nervous of what he would say.

"Do you love him, Lena?" Renz asked. She slightly exhaled, for this was the easiest question he'd asked her since his return.

"No," Lena replied quietly. Renz nodded and slightly reclined on the back of the lounge. Lena was certain she could see the relief emanating from his body.