The Therapist Ch. 01

Story Info
James learns about fetishes.
3.5k words
4.33
58.8k
20
3
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 11/08/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sm8100
sm8100
128 Followers

It was never my idea to start seeing a therapist rather it was my older sister, Sarah who made the suggestion to me. She even went as far as recommending someone she had heard was very good with "my type". Feeling somewhat despondent after my recent break up with my long time girlfriend I guess she took notice of my subtle but noticeable withdrawal from my usual interests and activities. Sarah was always very perceptive, smart, and I always looked up to her. Sure, I'd had some therapy earlier in my life but, then again, who hasn't? I took her up on the suggestion and recommendation and made an appointment.

So, I began a series of every other week sessions with a very nice therapist who was probably in her mid thirties with a somewhat new and not yet established practice who was named Julia. In the beginning we discussed a number of aspects of my life including my job and career, personality traits that I wished to strengthen, as well as a number of other self-improvement type areas. We seemed to click pretty quickly and I found myself feeling much better about my life after but five or six visits.

Being somewhat shy I had held back any serious discussion about my love life, or lack of, but on my fifth visit I thought I'd test the waters just to see what Julia thought and if she had some suggestions. I mentioned that for the past 6 months or so my girlfriend and I just didn't seem to have any spark when we made love. Actually, I thought it was more me than her but I explained that I was never really and truly excited by our lovemaking. Whether or not it was because we were together for 6 years and it just got old, or that we sort of drifted apart, the net result was a slow and uncelebrated end to our relationship.

Julia nodded her head when I mentioned this new topic and began to ask me a series of questions that focused on what we did, how we did it, who took charge, who initiated, and how did the sessions consummate. I was a little reluctant to give too much detail but ultimately I trusted her and if she were to help me it would require my honesty and forthrightness to make it happen.

The session ended with Julia suggesting to me that I think more about the questions and that I be prepared to discuss them on my next visit. I agreed and thanked her for being such a help to me. From behind her desk she dismissed the compliment, gave me a warm smile, and wished me a good two weeks.

When I arrived for my next session I admit that I was a bit nervous as talking about sex was always a little hard for me, especially with an attractive woman like Julia. She was always very smartly dressed, impeccably groomed, very bright eyed and alert, all the while sporting a very intelligent and down to earth disposition that I found to be both charming and somewhat captivating. It was easy to sometimes drift from our discussions and ponder how she was both charming and beautiful only to be pulled back to the reason I was there for, that being my therapy. Julia was the epitome of poise, intelligence, and personality.

It took me a few minutes to realize that this session was different from the previous ones in that Julia was not sitting behind her desk for the first time. She was sitting in the extra chair that was next to her desk and we were face to face with about 5 ft. between us. Julia was wearing a nice button up white blouse with a stylish pair of slacks and dress shoes that were neither trendy nor old fashioned. I made the brief adjustment to this new face to face seating arrangement and after some light introductory conversation we picked up on our last session from where we left off.

Frankly, I was verbally stumbling without much focus while trying to answer some of the questions that Julia had posed to me from the previous week. It soon became apparent that my former girlfriend was usually the initiator and that sexually we often followed her lead which for the most part focused on traditional sexual activity. When Julia finally asked me what I liked I admit to being somewhat caught off guard and without any definite answer. To this she nodded and made a few notes.

As our session progressed we again revisited my original comment of last week of how there just wasn't much spark to our lovemaking. I admit that I thought at least part of the problem was me. Maybe I lacked sufficient imagination, or more likely lacked the necessary assertiveness required for a dynamic love making session. While I didn't say it in as many words clearly I was blaming myself. At this point Julia interceded to assure me that nothing was wrong with me and that I shouldn't think negative thoughts about past or future sexual relations.

Her next question totally took me off-guard as she asked me if I had any fetishes. I'm sure I turned red and said that I didn't really think so. I may have not been fully honest as just about everyone has some fantasies that he or she thinks about but since I never actually played any of them out I didn't feel that they were worthy of even mentioning. And, they were sort of vanilla, anyway.

Julia explained, "Sometimes people have certain "things" that excite them yet they don't know it, or more seriously they repress it." She mentioned, without name, that one of her male patients had a strong obsession for women that wore short skirts. This craving caused this man to lose focus almost anytime an attractive woman walked by with a short skirt. I asked if such an obsession was wrong or bad for a person to have. Julia remarked, "I don't put labels as such on a person's thoughts. They are neither good nor bad, they are just thoughts." It's important that everyone allow their thoughts to flow freely. Decisions on appropriate behavior can be made afterwards."

Again, Julia asked me if I had any fetishes and as she did she uncrossed and crossed her legs so that her left foot was pointing right at me, instead of away, and she began to subtly move it back and forth and up and down in very slow motions, occasionally pausing only to begin a few seconds later. For some reason I felt like I was looking at her shoe longer than what was appropriate as I snapped myself out of what I was sure was just a brief few seconds and tried to answer the question. I told Julia that I didn't think I had any. Well, I liked women with their hair up but I didn't think that was a fetish. Julia made a note and then to my surprised announced that we were about out of time. This surprised me as normally I know exactly how much time is left but this particular session seemed to just evaporate. I agreed, thanked her for her time, and confirmed that I would see her in two weeks.

As I left the office and began walking to my car I couldn't quite identify what was agitating me. After cycling through the key points of the session I realized that it was my inordinate attention to Julia's foot that was bothering me. What was so captivating about it, anyway? I mean I didn't actually even see the foot. But, I did see the skin that was exposed above the shoe as she was not wearing socks of any type. I remember the nice contrast of the black shoe with her light skinned top of her foot. More than that, it was the way she was moving it that was it. I had never thought much about a woman's foot before and I wondered why after all these years I had suddenly taken notice. I reached my car and put on some music and promptly purged the foot thought from my conscious mind and proceeded to drive home. Upon arriving home I went through the normal before bed rituals, got into bed, turned the light off, and as I began to drift off my thoughts returned to Julia's foot. After a struggle I eventually drifted off to sleep with thoughts of Julia in my mind.

When I arrived for my next session Julia came around to the front of the desk and seated herself in the same chair as last time. For some reason she looked radiant today. It didn't take long for our discussion to return to the subject of fetishes and how they can affect a person's sexual behaviors. When Julia asked me if I'd thought about fetishes I immediately got shy, a little embarrassed, and looked down towards her feet. That's when I noticed she was wearing a pair of open toed, strappy sandals. Her unpainted toes were very noticeable and I'm pretty certain I stared at them a little too long. I also noticed her arch and the space between the sandal and foot as it, too, was exposed to my line of vision. Not knowing what I compared it to didn't stop me from making the determination that Julia had a beautiful foot. My fixation was interrupted by Julia remarking, "Did you hear my question, James?" I looked up to return Julia's gaze and apologized for drifting making up some lame excuse that I had a lot on my mind and asked her to please repeat her question. "I asked you if you took the opportunity to explore yourself to see if there were any fetishes that interested you." I briefly considered mentioning a woman's foot but it would have been crazy to say this right after she had witnessed my previous behavior so I said that I always liked women's legs which wasn't really too much of a stretch.

We spent some time talking about that in a general way with my comments being rather undefined and general as I still didn't feel secure going too much into detail. A few times Julia had to pivot from her chair to reach some papers and I noticed I took the opportunity each time to check out her shoes and feet. Geez, what was going on? I was like literally stealing glances whenever I had the chance. Near the end of the session Julia got up to get a handout for me that took probably 10 seconds as she was shuffling around the bookshelf searching and I leaned forward a bit so I could steal a better glimpse of her shoes and feet. I was staring at them as she had her back towards me but as I looked up to the back of her head to make sure we wasn't about to turn around I noticed she was staring at me with intense interest through the mirror above her bookshelf. As I looked down Julia waited an appropriate second or so and then turned around and returned to her seat as if nothing had happened. But it was clear, we both knew what was happening to this I had little doubt.

As our session was about to end Julia asked, "James, are you sure you don't want to mention any other fetishes that you may have? You don't have to be shy, this is your therapy." I said no but promised to really work on this during the next two weeks. I evened tried to joke that I would do some serious reflective thinking while I was on one of my daily afternoon breaks in Central Park. Julia stood up and smiled brightly and said that would be just fine and that she would see me in two weeks. She smiled a warm professional smile and said good-bye.

This time when I reached the car there was no doubt where the focus of my mind was. Clearly, I was thinking about Julia's shoes and feet and as I did I began to gently massage myself. This was crazy; I was getting turned on thinking about my therapist's feet. I forced myself to stop, popped in a CD, and did the best to distract myself for the remainder of the ride home. The distraction proved to be fleeting as when I entered my apartment I quickly turned on my computer and did a search for "fetishes". Familiar with some of the on-line adult sites I had never actually done a search like this one. I was amazed at the extent of the number of sites out there and probably killed a good hour and a half just looking at some of them, particularly a few that focused on dominant women using their bare and high heeled feet to subdue weak willed men. I was embarrassed to find that I found this extremely arousing. I looked for women that resembled Julia but couldn't find any that were quite right. It was getting late so eventually I had to shut it down and get ready for bed. As I did I felt a curious sexual energy that felt powerful and entirely new to me. I got into bed, adjusted my pillow, and wondered where all this was going to take me. Clearly, trepidation was one of the feelings I was experiencing.

Over the next several days I thought quite a bit about my situation. I was developing a strong obsessive predilection for the feet and shoes of my therapist. As strong as this desire was growing I decided to take an action that I felt would be the defining one around this new obsession. For the first time I cancelled my next appointment with Julia. I just couldn't go down that road because what good would come of it? When the following two week appointment time arrived I took the cowardly approach and called Julia's secretary and announced that I was going to be traveling quite a bit for the next few months and with my changing schedule it would be better to suspend my appointments, at least for awhile. As a final point of exclamation I actually stated that Julia had done such a nice job with me that I was sort of looking forward to trying things on my own for awhile.

I have to describe the next month as sort of a tumultuous time as while I didn't see Julia professionally I also never really got her out of my mind. More often than I'd care to admit I visited some of those FemDom sites that featured foot domination and a few other fetishes. This stuff was turning me on in a way that felt disarming. As a countermeasure, I convinced myself that this was a fleeting interest and once I found a new girlfriend I would be "normal", again.

It was at the end of this month period while taking my daily 3:00 PM stroll through the south end of Central Park that I noticed Julia reading what looked like a report on one of the benches between me and the exit. She had her head down and was seriously flipping through the pages seemingly intent on the content of her material. She was dressed in a shorter skirt than I was accustomed to seeing her wear, bare legs, and black shoes that had a good amount of heel to them. I actually stopped some 35 feet away and sat down at a bench just to regroup. Julia's body angle was such that she wasn't going to see me so I took this opportunity to take it all in. Julia was moving the foot and shoe of her crossed leg in that familiar way that I had seen while in session. Plus, she was occasionally letting the shoe dangle from her foot, while ever so briefly, yet I found this sight completely mesmerizing. Two lumps were forming, one in my throat and one in my pants. Julia looked beautiful, and a touch edgy in those shoes. I debated walking up to her and saying hello but I just couldn't do it. With a mess of conflicting emotions, I turned and found the next closest exit and made my way back to the office wondering what Julia was doing there all the while being dressed in such a totally sexy outfit! The Park was far enough away from her office that logistically it didn't make sense she were there, yet she may have had an appointment nearby. A part of me wondered if she wanted me to see her there. This thought was both exciting and disturbing.

For the next few weeks I stuck to the no therapy plan and on most days took my usual Central Park walk. By now there was no doubting that I was fantasizing about running into Julia, again, and planning out what I would do and say. I considered making another appointment, yet that felt too weird. It was a particularly warm fall day and I was finishing up my walk through the park when I saw Julia perched in the same bench as the first time. She had on a nice dressy white button up top, a black skirt, no stockings, and the same shoes from the prior time I'd seen her. I stopped dead in my tracks. As quickly as I stopped I made the impulsive decision and without hesitation I walked up to her and practically scared her with my "so glad to see you" hello. Once Julia saw me, she beamed and stood to give me a hug. As she did she almost whispered, "James...its sooo good to see you. How are you?"

We had a great conversation for about 10 minutes as if we were the best of friends and then Julia announced she had to leave to get to her meeting. I'm not sure where it came from but I awkwardly inquired, "Julia, do you think we could get together some time.....you know, just to talk or something?"

Julia eyed me with curiosity and inquired, "James, are you asking for an appointment?"

I didn't think I was but I wasn't sure what I was looking for so I said, "Well, not formerly, but I really miss our conversations and I wondered if we could just like get together as friends, or something?" Before she could even answer I blurted....."Unless you don't socialize with former patients, or something?" Julia stared at me for a second, or two, and then announced that she didn't normally do this and it would actually be a first. Then her demeanor turned more serious as she added, "James, what would we talk about?" Then she added a little sly half smile as her eyebrow almost imperceptibly rose.

I was beginning to feel like a teenager asking a girl out for the first time. "Well you know, some of it would be just friend type stuff. I paused. And, you seem so well informed and knowledgeable about fetishes that I would just like to hear a little bit about them from you, if you wouldn't mind sharing your expertise. You know, just like friend to friend. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. I mean, if you were okay with it."

Julia seemed to stare right through me for what seemed an eternity but which was probably two seconds before she said, "You know, James, fetishes once they are exposed can take on a life of their own. They can become very powerful, and sometimes they even grow to proportions we could never have imagined. I nodded to indicate I understood. "And, our discussions might be very different from the ones we had in the office. How do I say this......well, you just don't know where they will take you. Sometimes, there is no turning back." I started to get a little nervous but then came the warm Julia smile that put me more at ease.

I stated that I was aware of the uncertainty but in all honesty I just couldn't be at peace with myself if I didn't explore these thoughts and feelings. Julia nodded and said, "very well, James, why don't we meet at my apartment one evening where it's nice and private. I think we'll be very comfortable there. Sometimes I do sessions there but in our case it would just be "friend to friend. She added with a smile, "James....this could be fun!"

We set up an evening and time, said our good-byes and I headed back to the office filled with so many thoughts and emotions I thought I was going to explode. Our meeting was in two evenings and I was going to be beside myself in anticipation. I felt a strange and powerful stirring inside as I continued on to my office. The vision of Julia consumed my thoughts to the utmost.

sm8100
sm8100
128 Followers