The Touch of a Friend

Story Info
LeAnne is reunited with her childhood best friend.
1.1k words
3.75
27.2k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

LeAnne stood in front of her mirror to inspect her clothes, hair, and makeup. Her hands trembled and her stomach began to jump. She was about to be reunited with her childhood best friend and she felt like a teenage girl getting ready for a first date.

As she gazed in the mirror she began to remember...

She'd known him for fourteen years, since she'd been eleven and he'd been seven. Her mother had been his babysitter, and even though there was a four year age difference the two were inseparable. She had taken to calling him "Nicky G" and he called her quite simply his "bestest friend"

Both mothers found it nearly impossible to keep them apart so neither of them objected to the countless sleepovers that occured each weekend. Although at first it had been questionable but the mothers soon realized that LeAnne loved little "Nicky G" like a baby brother.

She made sure that if her mother had given her a special treat she'd have to give her two. One for her and one for Nicky. She taught him how to ride a two-wheeler, and ran and got him Band-Aids when he fell and skinned his knees. And she'd made a promise that she would always be there for him.

Then came the day that LeAnne would never forget.

She was fourteen and her mother had called her home early from Nicky's house. Although she wasn't exactly sure why. When she'd walked into the house her mother and father sat her down and told her that they were moving away.

On the day she left she promised her "Nicky G" that she would write to him everyday. But growing up had gotten in the way and she'd lost contact with him.

Over the years her mother had had a new baby. A little girl named Khrystal. LeAnne was excited but deep down she missed her "Nicky G." She wondered about him frequently---What did he look like? Would he remember her?

Then she remembered the day she'd found him again. It had been only two weeks ago, she was visiting her parents and little sister, and she'd casually brought the subject up to her mother.

"Mom, do you remember that little boy Nick I was friends with years ago?"

"Yes dear I do, you loved him just like he was your little brother, it was so cute"

"What was his last name, do you remember?"

"Oh, I think it was--uh--Carter, yeah that's it, Carter"

Khrystal looked as though she was about to burst.

"Did you just say Nick Carter?!"

"Yes Khrys, why?"

"LeAnne, come with me!!"

Khrystal grabbed her sister's arm and led her to her bedroom. She pointed to a poster on her wall and asked,

"You mean you were friends with HIM?!"

LeAnne dropped to her knees. Staring back at her from her sister's bedroom wall was her beloved "Nicky G." Nickolas Gene Carter had grown up and become a star.

She wasn't sure how she'd done it but she'd tracked him down. And the second she'd heard his voice she'd felt eleven years old again. She spoke to his mother first and then to him.

"Hello?" he'd answered when his mother handed him the phone.

"I was wondering if you could help me, I'm looking for my little Nicky G."

She'd heard silence because Nick had dropped the phone.

They had so much to tell each other and spent four hours on the phone. Nick told her of another week of he'd had coming and they'd made plans to meet.

Suddenly the sound of the doorbell snapped LeAnne back to reality.

"This is it" she thought.

She opened the door and immediately began to cry. Standing there in front of her, six foot two, blonde haired, blue eyed, and smiling with the same little boy grin she'd remembered was her beloved "Nicky G."

She threw her arms around him and found that she didn't want to let go. And unknown to her, Nick felt the same. Memories and missing years filled each of their minds.

They spend hours discussing their careers. Hers as a creative writing teacher, and his of course as a singer.

"I do remember that you were always writing something or other" Nick chuckled.

"Well, I never knew YOU could sing!!" LeAnne countered.

"Yeah, its a little hobby of mine" Nick said with a wink.

Before either of them could realize it was already one o'clock in the morning. But neither of them wanted to part company. They reluctantly agreed and promised to be in touch after they'd had some sleep.

Throughout the night while each of them slept they both had the same feeling that something more than friendship was building. LeAnne chose to keep it her secret, but Nick had decided to speak of his growing feelings.

The next afternoon when he'd arrived at her apartment, LeAnne noticed that Nick had a very uneasy look on his face and she began to worry.

"The last time either one of us had that look on our face I had to move, has your time off been cut short?"

Nick chose not to speak, he took LeAnne's face in his hands and kissed her softly. LeAnne pulled away.

"Nick we can't just throw away our friendship like this"

"Wait a minute, why--"

"Come on, you and I both know that if two friends become lovers and the romance fizzles out, the friendship can never the same. Besides, you and I have been through too much to end it this way"

Nick again chose not to speak and walked out the door. All LeAnne could do was watch him leave.

Later that night LeAnne's phone rang and she'd prayed that it was Nick.

"Hello? she answered.

"LeAnne, its Mom, could you come over here please?"

"Sure, give me about twenty minutes"

She drove to her mother's and when she got there her sister took her by the hand and sat her down in the living room. She then went to the stereo.

"Listen carefully" she instructed.

The sound of Nick's voice singing "I Need You Tonight" filled the room. LeAnne had never heard it and the words pounded into her heart and made her cry.

"Who is this?" she asked between tears.

"It's me LeAnne" Nick said as he walked into the room.

LeAnne averted her head and stared at him. She couldn't find the words to express the love she was feeling for her childhood friend. Nick broke the silence by saying,

"By the way don't blame your Mom, it was my idea"

LeAnne began to laugh and stood up to put her arms around Nick.

"I love you LeAnne, my bestest friend" he said.

LeAnne smiled, "I love you too Nicky G."