The Transformation of Abigail

Story Info
Young woman is romanced by her boss.
13.6k words
4.44
48.9k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
licksit
licksit
132 Followers

Chapter One: The Beginning

Abigail Daniels and Robert Thompson were born the same year and lived next door to each other from the time they were born until they married.

"They look so cute," their mothers told each other as the two of them walked hand in hand to school each day. And they were. Robert was a handsome boy and Abigail was a pretty girl.

They fell in love when they were in middle school and promised they would remain virginal until they married, as soon as they graduated high school.

They kept their promise; graduated in May and married in June. Their sex life followed the usual fumbling bumbling that is part of adjusting to a sexual partner when both are inexperienced. It was satisfactory for both, though not very imaginative as it was limited to the missionary position.

Abigail, while satisfied sexually, felt just a bit of disappointment that Robert was not more imaginative in bed. Her high school girlfriends had told her in graphic detail about pussy eating and, she actually blushed as her mind recalled the conversations, about other things sexual that seemed perverted to her.

Neither had dated anyone else, though Abigail had many suitors. The idea of being with someone other than Robert just did not enter her mind and Robert was true blue all the way.

Robert, who had been working part time at a franchised fast food restaurant when he was in high school, went to work full time as the manager of the early shift upon graduation. Abigail got a job as a receptionist at a local plant that manufactured high-end machine tools.

Abigail, always using that very fine brain she had, took advantage of the company's offer to pay full tuition for any courses their employees took in order to upgrade their skills. Over a period of two years she had transformed herself from an unskilled receptionist to a qualified secretary.

She became bored, however, at the receptionist's desk, answering the phone, directing traffic. There was no challenge for her brain and she was tired of being hit on by every man who came to her desk.

Abigail, the conservative girl/woman that she was dressed down; white cotton blouses that buttoned to the neck, long sleeved sweaters, gray or brown knee length skirts. It was if she were hiding her sexuality deliberately.

While she may have fooled herself about how sexy she was, she did not fool any of the men and women who met her. The clothes covered up her curves; they did not make them go away.

The firm for which she worked was a three generational company, owned and managed by the family that had founded it nearly a hundred years ago. The youngest, Halston Heuer, was being groomed to become president when his father retired.

Halston was a handsome young man of 28. He had attended a prestigious private university as an undergraduate and played quarterback on a good though not national championship team; while he was a superb athlete he never had the supporting cast to get beyond the first round of the championship series.

He graduated high in his class, majoring in computer science and business and earned a graduate degree in business. Halston had worked in every department of the company and knew it from the ground up. Personable and gracious, he was sought after by every mother in the city as marriage material for her daughter.

Halston, however, was wedded to the company his grandfather founded. He, as one might expect of a handsome athletic man, had many conquests. He was seduced as a young man by his mother's best friend who taught him more about sex in the six weeks their passionate affair lasted than he had learned in a dozen years of sex education in school.

He loved women and it showed. They were flattered by his attention and delighted by his performance in bed. They also knew he was not marriage material, but accepted this as the price they paid for being seen in his company and having his body in bed with theirs.

Abigail's concealed charms had not gone unnoticed. Halston, as company vice president, had an office next to his father's and passed Abigail's desk every workday morning, giving her a cheery hello as he did.

One day he looked at the nameplate on her desk as he gave her his usual hello and stopped. Abigail was startled by this change in routine and looked up, a quizzical expression on her face.

"What is your middle name, Abigail?"

Abigail blinked her eyes, surprised by the question. "Ah, ah. It is Laura, sir."

"Well Laura we need to make two changes. First off, my name, as you well know, is Halston and you are to address me as Halston from this day forward, as do all who work here."

Abigail had always called him Mr. Heuer or sir. She had found it difficult to accept the familiarity with which even the janitors addressed the man who was going to be president of this company one day.

Abigail felt her face redden as she looked up at this handsome man smiling down at her. She could not keep from smiling as she told him she would do so, "Yes, Mr...ah Halston. And the second change?"

"You are not an Abigail and from this day forward you will be Laura whenever you are on these premises." He turned to Mrs. Prudholm, his father's secretary, who had come in behind him. "Get a new nameplate for Laura's desk and a new ID badge."

Mrs. Prudholm nodded and had the changes made immediately. Before the day was out Laura had a new nameplate and ID badge. She mused about this as she took on her new identity. Not an Abigail he had said. What did he mean by that and then she flushed, thinking about the name Abigail; how stuffy it sounded, how just plain old fashioned.

She licked her lips as she thought about Halston as a man for the first time since coming to work at Heuer. He noticed me and he knows I am not an Abigail. What am I? How is Laura different from Abigail? Laura was more than a little confused and at the same time excited, but was not sure why.

Laura told Robert about these events when they were together that evening. Robert was not all that happy about this turn of events but Laura begged him to agree to stop calling her Abby or Abigail. "I have never liked that name, Robert. I was teased at school constantly; called Missy Abigail and Abigail Adams."

Robert had not realized this. As a boy, he was, like all boys, not privy to what went on between girls at school. He hugged Laura and told her he would call her Laura from that day forward.

Shortly after Abigail became Laura everything changed for Halston and his company. Seismic changes also involved Laura and Robert, though none of the players knew at this time just how much their lives were going to change.

It all began one hot and muggy Sunday afternoon. Halston and his father had just finished the third set of a long and hotly contested tennis match when Halston senior felt a sharp pain in his left arm. He and his son both knew the signs of a heart attack and Halston was on his cell phone almost before his father collapsed in his arms.

The EMS technicians made a valiant attempt to revive the elder Heuer on the way to the hospital but their efforts were in vain. He was pronounced dead on arrival fifteen minutes after he felt the first signs of a heart attack.

Halston was catapulted into the presidency of Heuer, Inc. Some men his age might have felt overwhelmed by the challenge but Halston was exhilarated to find himself in his father's office.

The Monday following the death of his father he called a meeting of all employees. He thanked them for the many messages of condolence that had been sent to his family and that the company would continue to operate just as it had for nearly one hundred years.

"I know I am very young for this position but," and he took time to look at the face of each of the one hundred employees of the firm, "you have taught me well. Each of you has had a hand in educating me in each of the departments of this company and I will not let you down. We will continue to refine and produce the finest products found in the market."

The employees were struck by his maturity and dedication to the continued success of the company. They cheered when he pledged to keep the company under his control.

They all knew of his escapades as a man about town, of his conquests and his foot loose nature but they had also known him as an earnest young man who was willing to be taught by even the lowliest employee in the company.

Some in management had feared that Halston would sell off the company and take the profits to continue his feckless life style. There were many offers from large firms to buy the company and they were in a very competitive business. It would have been easy for Halston to accept one of those offers.

Halston closed the plant for three days, inviting all to the funeral and to come to the Heuer home after to celebrate the life of his father.

When the plant reopened he knew he had to make some changes. The first change had to do with his father's secretary. He could not think of her as his secretary. Halston had known her since he was a child. Mrs. Prudholm had been his father's secretary for as long as he could remember. She was capable and discreet to a fault, but she was his father's secretary.

As gently as he could, Halston brought up retirement; the benefits she would receive, a nice golden parachute normally reserved for vice presidents, more time with her children and grandchildren, time to do the traveling he knew she wanted to do.

Mrs. Prudholm understood exactly what Halston wanted; his own secretary, and she had no intention of denying him that. "Thank you, Halston. Retirement is a nice option to have at my age and I accept your offer. I'll be glad to stay on to help orient your new secretary."

Halston beamed at her, thankful that she was not going to put up a fight. While Halston was a thoughtful and generous man he could also be ruthless when he felt strongly about something and having his own secretary was something he felt very strongly about.

He asked Mrs. Prudholm what she thought of Laura as his secretary. Mrs. Prudholm, as one might expect, kept track of every employee in the company and had been pleased at the way Laura used her free time to create marketable skills.

"I think she will become a very good secretary. She has taken numerous courses since she has been here and had become more than qualified to take on the job. I can have her up to speed in a month."

Halston was delighted and asked Mrs. Prudholm to notify Laura to make the change the next day. He looked around the office thoughtfully as Mrs. Prudholm went to inform Laura of her promotion.

If this were to become his office he knew he had to put his stamp on it. He wanted something more modern, up to date to replace the dark wood and old world look his father preferred. That afternoon he spoke with an interior decorator friend of his and had him come by the next day to look over the office and make suggestions.

"Larry. You know what I am and what I like. We have been friends more years than I can recall and I know of no one better qualified to suggest a new décor for this office."

Larry nodded and proceeded to take measurements and digital photographs of the office. He was delighted to do this makeover. It would look good as a selling point for his small firm and he also wanted to do this because he liked Halston as a friend.

Halston, Mrs. Prudholm, and Laura worked in his old office while the president's office was being redecorated. Halston was pleased with his friend's suggestions and made only minor changes.

By the time Mrs. Prudholm had Laura familiarized with the intricacies of her new position, the president's office had been redone. Laura had watched in amazement as the dark and dreary office had been transformed into a light and airy space. There were new paintings on the wall, modern and full of color, and a cozy fireplace. The bathroom had been modernized and a small bedchamber had been added.

Laura looked at the latter thoughtfully, snatches of gossip about Halston's sexual prowess filtering through her thoughts as she examined the office, this new addition to the office and her space. Ummm. I wonder if he has anyone particular in mind, she thought as she looked at the small bedroom.

Mrs. Prudholm's space had been a small corner desk with a telephone and small filing cabinet. Laura's excitement over the changes in the office began with the door. She was thrilled to find her name listed under Halstson's on the office door; Executive Secretary to the President, Laura Thompson.

Halston's desk took up one end of the large space and Laura's was to the right next to his; both faced the door and had a view of the city through a new enlarged window. Though there was a fireplace, there was not a real fire just stone logs and gas, which added warmth to the room.

Laura was more excited than she thought she would be the day she entered the office without Mrs. Prudholm at her side. She looked around, surveying her and Halston's domain and quickly arranged the materials Halston would need that morning on his desk with notes reminding him of the day's schedule.

She felt a little thrill of joy run over her body when Halston entered just a few minutes after she had finished her early morning chores. Why she was excited she did not know for sure but felt it was somehow related to the fact that she and Halston were now the only occupants of the office.

Laura thought about this and her face flushed as the idea that their chaperon was no longer there to supervise their behavior flashed across her consciousness. She greeted Halston and busied herself at her desk while he went over the materials she had placed on his desk.

"Laura. I like almost everything about this office. It is light and airy as I desired and the furnishings make me feel at home. There is just one thing that has to change."

Laura, a puzzled expression on her face, looked around the office and then at Halston expectantly. "And what is that Halston?"

The serious appearance of Halston's face was undercut by the twinkle in his eye as he told Laura that the new furnishings needed a new look for Laura. He pulled a company credit card from his desk and handed it to Laura. "Your first task this morning is to go to Diana's and buy a new wardrobe and gat yourself a makeover."

Laura looked at herself and for the first time since coming to work two years ago saw what must be obvious to all; she looked dowdy. Her chest heaved and she felt her eyes tear up. She just did not fit in this elegant space and it made her feel uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Halston seeing her reaction, leaped from his chair and rushed over to her. Putting a hand on her shoulder he told her, "Laura. Please. I can see on your face that I have insulted you. I did not mean to. You look fine but you are a very pretty woman, in every way. And you need to dress like what you are. And you need to look like an Executive Secretary not the receptionist you once were."

Laura looked up at him, her face showing the distress she felt. "I couldn't, Halston. I just couldn't use company money to buy clothes. I'll save from my salary but it will take me a little while and the clothes will not be from Diana's."

Halston sat on the corner of her desk and looked at her earnestly. "I understand about money, Laura. Now that your husband has been laid off you are the sole source of income for the two of you and a new wardrobe is expensive."

Laura nodded. "I didn't mean to burden you with my personal finances, Halston, but facts are facts. With Robert out of work, even with the big increase in my salary, things are tight at home."

"All the more reason to accept this credit card. I consider it a business expense. I am ordering you to buy a new wardrobe, Laura, in the best interest of this firm."

He continued, his voice taking on a steely edge Laura had never heard before. "I want this taken care of by noon and I expect Diana to outfit you with a new change of clothing for each day of the week. You are my Executive Secretary and you will look the part. You will be back here by noon when you and I are going to lunch at Charlie's."

As Laura left the office Halston picked up his phone and called Diana of Diana's, the most exclusive women's shop in the city. He told her to supervise personally Laura's new wardrobe so that her best qualities were emphasized. Diana was smart enough to know which qualities Halston had in mind and was already running through her inventory mentally when Laura walked through the door.

Diana greeted Laura at the door to her shop and led her into her office. "My dear. Halston called and I understand what is to be done. We have a stylist next door who will take care of your hair and makeup. You go there while I take care of the wardrobe."

Laura, dazed by what was happening to her, gave Diana her measurements, blushing as she did, and went next door. The stylist sat her down, looked at her, and went to work. "Not to worry dear," he told her. "Diana has told me what needs to be done."

She sat in the chair and watched her hair fall away as the stylist, chattering about nothing, worked to remake her. While he was working a makeup artist was working on her face.

What is happening to me? She thought, as she watched herself become a different woman. She liked what was happening to her, but there were twinges of doubt and fear that kept intruding. Clothes, hairstyle, makeup? This was not proper. And Laura was proper, not a prude who rejected modernity and all that went with it, but proper in the moral sense.

Laura and Robert were true to each other and Laura intended to remain true. This is business, she told herself, though it might also be considered funny business, she thought. She sighed. How am I going to explain all this to Robert?

She should not have worried. Halston had called a friend who owned a management trainee program and told him Heuer, Inc. would pay for a yearlong training program for Robert. By the time Laura was ready for lunch, Robert had already been informed that Heuer was sponsoring him and would find him a low level manager upon completion of the course.

Chapter Two: The Emergence of Laura

Laura was styled, made up and dressed by noon. Still a little dazed by what had happened to her that morning, she examined herself in the floor length mirror in Diana's private office. Who is this? She thought and then felt a surge of excitement wash over her body. She was Laura. Abigail no longer existed. The pantsuit and blouse were tailored to her body, showing it off while not making her look cheap.

The image peering back at her was attractive, sexy, without looking whorish, and confident. And it was she. Never in her life had she felt as sexual as she did at this moment; not on the day Robert asked her to marry him, not the night a boy told her she was the sexiest girl he knew, not on her wedding night when she had sex for the first time.

The woman who looked back at her from the mirror was a woman she did not know existed but one she knew in her heart was her, was what was inside her and had always been there, just waiting to come out.

Halston was more than satisfied with the results. He took Laura's hand in his when she entered his office, their office, he told her when she had referred to it as his office. "We are a team, Laura and I want you to think of us in that way. This is our office."

"You look just as I knew you would," he told her, holding her hand so long that Laura was beginning to feel a bit of discomfort at the intimacy.

She smiled at him. "Thank you, Halston. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all you have done for me. Not just today, though this day was one of the best days of my life, but also the promotion and the confidence you have shown in me."

licksit
licksit
132 Followers