The Trinket Ch. 07

Story Info
"I wish I 'Had' a Million Dollars."
2k words
4.33
11.3k
0

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 07/17/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Unit Seven to Unit One, I have a visual."

"10-4 Unit Seven, confirm she is in the lobby? Repeat, you say; she is in the lobby?"

"Unit Seven, she is exiting the lobby. She is going out the main doors and heading your way. Wearing a short black dress and two nice long legs, you can't miss her!"

"10-4 Seven. Unit Two ... move in!"

Lynn walked out of the Ritz Carlton in a very sleek black dress. Her short black hair just graced her shoulders She came prepared and immediately put her sunglasses on. The doorman walked with her as she stepped down the walk, holding to her shouldered purse strap, tightly.

The Limousine drove up with impeccable timing. The driver got out and rounded the vehicle and opened the car's door as Lynn walked up. "It has been a long time since I rode in one of these." Lynn said then smiled.

"Mrs. Blackburn?" The driver asked. His charming smile caught Lynn's eye. She glanced at the Californian pretty boy for a moment, then grinned.

"Yes," she began getting into the limo. A lot of eyes watched her slide her petite frame across the smooth leather seat. Her legs were panty hose tanned while her arms were Arizona sunburned.

"Would you look at those ..." Static gargled over the various police speakers.

"Steady boys, The fox ... is on the move."

The driver shut the limousine door and ran to the driver's side and climbed in. Strapping his seat belt he put the vehicle in gear and began to drive.

"Unit Seven to Unit One, Unit Two is mobile."

"10-4."

Lynn gazed out the window at what ever passed by. The Limousine was making its way down the street and so were several other vehicles. A black sedan tailed from a distance. The driver made several quick eye glances towards the rear but didn't seem alarmed.

Lynn absorbed the words from a huge billboard, 'You could be the next California 'Lotto' Millionaire! Play California Lottery!' Reading the sign till it vanished behind her. "Wish I 'had' a million bucks. That might solve some of our problems," Lynn said aloud but lightly.

"Excuse me?" The driver asked.

"I'm sorry I was mumbling to my self," Lynn said as she looked up at the driver. The sunrays shot through the front windshield in a bright blinding flash. Lynn shielded her sunglasses with her hand as the driver made a turn and this put the sun in a better position. She opened her eyes and immediately gasped for a breath.

In her hand was a feather. She froze and began calculating; rather she was awake or dreaming. Perhaps even... her sanity. She tried to keep her eyes on the feather and look around simultaneously. The long white and black feather was identical to those on her Trinket. She twirled it a moment, back and forth in deep thought.

The car door flew open and Lynn was startled. The driver stepped back with an extended hand to help her out. She glanced at his hand them reached. She shot another glance to her other hand then the floor of the limousine. She moved her feet side to side looking for the feather she had just held.

"Lose something?" The driver asked as he lowered his head to get a better look.

"Hum," Lynn gave up the search and climbed out of the car, continuously searching. Reaching for his hand and she arose from the vehicle by his powerful grasp.

"I thought I had lost an ear ring. Nope, I have both, sorry." Lynn was feeling her ear lobes Lynn turned towards the glass building that towered before her. She glanced upward for a moment at its height, then began walking forward, towards the buildings entrance.

"Unit One to Unit Six do you have a visual yet."

Unit Six, I do not. I repeat, I do not have a visual."

Lynn stopped and turned around and the limousine driver was still standing there. Watching her every ... curve. "Are you going to wait for me?" Lynn asked with a charming smile.

"Yes ma'am, I will be right here!" The driver tried to revive his composure. He felt he had been caught staring, at her ... curves. He shuffled nervously.

"Good," Lynn said with a big smile then turned back to the building and went inside. Giving one last glance to the driver as the door closed. His eyes were still on, her.

"Unit Six to Unit One, I have visual!"

"10-4 Unit Six." A large bellied man sat back in his seat and looked at Sergeant Murphy.

"Don't relax yet, keep them on their toes. I want communication and eyes. Communication and eyes ..." Sgt. Murphy peered into a screen that displayed a conference room. He stroked his well-trimmed beard while sinking into watching everyone. His slicked back, gray hair seemed whiter in the screen illumination. "Are we patched in?"

"Yes Sergeant. It is just quiet in there." The large man replied then settled back into his headphones. Several screens showed various locations and several plain clothes officers scattered about in different places.

Lynn was ushered by the receptionist to a large dark wood double door. A plaque on the wall next to the door's trim read; room 222, conference room. Lynn followed the woman whom was announcing her.

"Lynn Blackburn, McCloud, Mr. Franklin." The woman smiled while offering Lynn a chair. "Can I get you anything, water, coffee, soda?"

"No thank you," Lynn answered and the receptionist left. Closing the doors slowly.

An elderly man sat with his back to the glass window that showed the California valley. The city, buildings and the rolling mountain range in the distant. On the other side of the table were several other men with brief cases and scowled looks on their faces. A small wall of men sat in a row of black suits. Lynn smiled and nodded at a couple of them, trying to crack a smile from their frozen faces. A man nodded back and everyone remained quiet.

The elderly gentleman that sat scribbling looked at his watch then up at the many faces that watched him. He looked over at Lynn for the first time in a slow, old man body turn. As if his neck had turned it's fullest and his frame needed to twist more so that he could see her fully. His warm friendly smile gave Lynn the nudge she needed to breathe again.

"Mrs. Blackburn, if I may before we begin. I am Theodore Franklin. I was your Father's attorney for many many years and I extend my deepest sympathy for both our losses. Gene was a dear friend as well as a client. This is Mr. Sanders, he is your father's business partner with M & S industries and subsidiaries."

Lynn glanced a head nod and smile to the man that sat there wrenching his hands slowly. His head was shaven as was his face. Lynn took note that she didn't even see any eyebrows. His head turned back to Mr. Franklin and she saw a shimmer of light reflect from the white hair of his brows.

"Mr. Adams is Mr. Sanders Attorney." Mr. Franklin pointed an open hand to the man sitting next to Sanders.

"Mr. Jackson," The man whom was nice to Lynn smiled a one-wave hand raise. "He is with our firm as a witness to these proceedings and this is Mr. Malcolm."

Mr. Malcolm looked at Lynn with no smile but no scowl either. His stone tanned face showed his exposure to a lot of sun. Short black hair and big square jaw. His eyes locked onto hers and she felt shivers from his cold, piercing stare.

"Mr. Malcolm is your Father's business partner with M & M Mining inc. Currently co-owners of the Black Mountain Silver Mine in Arizona."

And this Gentlemen of course is Mrs. Lynn Blackburn, Mr. McClouds only daughter. Also she is the only relative mentioned in his Will. Now let me begin by saying we here at..." Mr. Franklin spun off a lot of corporation legalities as Lynn's eyes drifted towards the heavenly blue sky outside the large windows. She saw a pigeon fly by the window and a very small dark colored feather fell. Gliding, then gusted by winds as she watched it sail away.

Lynn didn't really know what her father was into lately. He invested in various things and always lived a very luxurious life.

That was part of the problem with her marriage. Or so Lynn thought, she was raised up with out the worry of rather she could afford it. Her husband Tom wants to provide everything, but can't afford any more than they have extended themselves. Is that her fault? 'Perhaps so ...' she thought.

All she was told about her father's death was that his car had been found engulfed in flames. On a highway out in the middle of no where. Which would normally be odd, except he traveled this road a lot, back and forth. Making trips to his other company periodically. The Arizona highway Patrol and the Department of Highway and Transportation investigation team had the County CSI team go over the vehicle and they found a fuel line that had ruptured and ignited on the exhaust. Case closed.

"Do you understand what I have explained to you Mrs. Blackburn?" Mr. Franklin addressed Lynn and turned his body to look her direction. Lynn snapped out of her daze.

"I am sorry Mr. Franklin, I haven't been sleeping very well. I just drove halfway across the United States to be here this morning. Could you repeat the last part?" Lynn swelled up for the question with a deep inhaled breath, then release.

"I was to entrust to you the sum of one million dollars, until the liquidation of your father's business shares and estate. Which at that time you would receive the remainder of what was resolved. Less than fifteen minutes ago I got a call from the FBI and your father's affairs have been frozen, until after their investigation. This alone is not the only reason the sum can not be released to you but Mr. Sanders is disputing business divisions and stock counts. In short he is suing your father for back moneys and that currently puts you liable to pay one million six hundred thousand dollars if he wins in court."

Lynn melted, "What?" She couldn't believe her ears.

"I will continue to represent your father's interest and hopefully prove Mr. Sanders wrong."

"I am not wrong." Sanders slammed his hand on the table then got up. "Let's go," He barked at his attorney and they exited the room. Mr. Malcolm slowly got up.

"Is that all for now, Mr. Franklin?" Mr. Malcolm asked with a very deep and clear voice.

"Yes, at this time. I will keep those informed of the investigations progress and the court proceeding dates for Mr. Sander's dispute. You all are free to go." Mr. Franklin said politely.

Mr. Malcolm turned to Lynn and nodded a respectful bow. Lynn smiled and returned the nod.

"Mrs. Blackburn!" Mr. Franklin said as he was struggling to stand.

"Yes," Lynn replied as she stood. Mr. Malcolm rounded the double doors as Mr. Franklin pulled out a small envelope. He slid it on the table towards Lynn.

"I am instructed to be sure you received this. If you would, could you sign this for me please." He laid a delivery confirmation form. Mr. Malcolm resumed his exit after a glaring glance at this small white envelope. Lynn quickly read it and scribbled her name. She signed it Lynn McCloud. She hasn't signed that name in a long-time and not sure why she did just now.

"Thank you and as I said, as soon as I can liquidate his estate as his instruction. I will get in touch with you, Mrs. Blackburn." Mr. Franklin closed his files as if done and Lynn thanked him. Took the envelope in hand and slid it into her purse and left.