The Ultiplex of Aeva LeVeaux

Story Info
The Rise of the Dark Lady.
753 words
3.63
7.8k
00

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/29/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tivanosa
Tivanosa
15 Followers

Aeva LeVeaux stood triumphant upon the field of battle, her golden breastplate shining in the fading light of dusk. Out of breath and panting, she felt exhausted, but the rush of victory was invigorating. From under the heap of corpses, left rotting in the setting sun, the tip of a ruby twinkled in her eyes. Picking at it carefully, she found that it was affixed to the hilt of a sword, raising it thus from the gore and viscera of the fallen. The hilt was made of solid obsidian, within which swirled specs of purple, gold and white. An inscription lay upon the long, silver blade The Ultiplex of the Evangelistan, and perceiving it now with sudden reverence, Aeva placed it on the ground and bowed before it, gazing wondrously and covetously at the great, two-handed sword.

"Thus has it come to pass, and I have found that which for ages have I been searching. Now are ready to be sewn the seeds of chaos, and all shall tremble before my indomitable might. The Ultiplex...at last...it is mine." Aeva laughed with a dreadful cackle that grew tall and terrible, resonating across the lands like a wave of doom.

Aeva sat upon her blackened throne, gazing proudly at the minions sworn to her service. So easily had they capitulated, for against the power of the Ultiplex none could stand. Verily, its strength was the strength of legend, of the Evangelistan, fabled and lost, and when she came upon the castle of King Verisoth VI, not even its full garrison could stop her. The efficient sword-strokes of the Ultiplex cut a swath of destruction, killing ten to twenty soldiers in a single motion, and lightning poured from the blade at will. She did not have long to display such might before the army had joined her, and together they stormed the ramparts and put to death their long-lived Lord. The kingdom and all of its people were now her own, and she set to work quickly, transforming the castle into a tall tower of obsidian and doom. At her side resided ever the Ultiplex, the symbol of her rule, and from it resonated an indomitable despair in which all thoughts of rebellion were squelched.

Protected from magic, Aeva was able to enslave the Magi, who of other minions were the easiest to corrupt. She had given to them positions of great and dark power, lording over counties and governing cities; long gone were the days of researching in dusty halls, struggling for grants from an unappreciative king. Now, magic was the forefront of all endevours, and those with its power ruled happily with the leave of their Dark Lord. Armies were raised and great factories built, trees demolished and turned into weapons, of staves and pikes and shields. Peasants were encouraged to breed relentlessly, the children conscripted into martial servitude upon manhood. All who refused, all who spoke out against the state disappeared, taken by the Magi and transformed into cruel monsters for unspeakable experiments. The skies darkened and the days grown long, and the evil within Aeva's heart grew worse every day. Soon, she was prepared to bring war to the rest of her world, riding out into other lands with her army.

The Kingdoms of Caliban, Vallichi, Naspar, Turyalon and Zebranna learned quickly of her plans, banding together to form a tight coalition. Their forces combined under the command of Lord Helseth of Caliban, and for a time it seemed as if their strength might prevail. However, the power of magic was much greater amongst Aeva's wizards, and slowly the free kingdoms of man began to falter in several crucial battles. Within a matter of months, things were looking grim, and Aeva was poised to crush the capital of Caliban. Nothing, it seemed, could stand against her, not with the power of the Ultiplex at her side.

Thus did Aeva sit, surveying her minions, sitting so very comfortably upon her obsidian throne. An imperial tent had been erected, long and spacious, and a red carpet ran all along its length. Soon her adviser, Rookbane, appeared from the distant entrance, whom Aeva motioned forward. "Kneel and speak your words, underling. What news do you have for me?" she said.

"Mistress," he addressed "We are now but one day's march before the plain of Callisi, from where can we strike easily at the walls of Caliban city."

"Excellent." Aeva replied, most pleased.

"However..." Rookbane began to tremble.

"Yes?"

"We have a very serious problem."

Tivanosa
Tivanosa
15 Followers