The Werewolf's Sabbat Ch. 06

Story Info
Mitch and Jan's first date.
11.1k words
4.75
35.5k
43

Part 6 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 02/15/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Janette turned her radio up as loud as she could stand in an effort to drown out all the commotion that was screaming through her mind, threatening to take control of her sanity. She really hated Alan Jackson and his 'tear in my beer' genre of music, but sang along anyway because it matched her mood at the time. After a few verses, however, she became tired of the depressing, self-loathing feeling that was sinking into her bones. This wasn't her. She wasn't one to sit and feel sorry for herself. Taking a deep breath, she popped in an Alanis Morrisette CD. After a few verses from the self-proclaimed feminist, Janette began to feel much better and more in control.

As much as Janette loved her grandmother and aunt, she didn't feel like staying at their cottage tonight. She needed some time alone to gather her thoughts, so she headed to her apartment in the city. She'd kept her place up even though she was staying with her grandma, with the intent of returning there soon. When she unlocked the front door to her apartment, she found herself thankful for the time she'd have alone with her thoughts. She tossed her keys on the table beside the door and immediately noticed how dusty things had gotten since she'd been away. Her fingers itched to grab a cloth and start dusting, but she quickly put that thought aside. She could clean tomorrow. With the crap mood she was in, she'd rather scratch her own eyes out than to clean at this time of night. Instead, she reached into her purse in search of her cell phone to call her grandma and let her know what she was doing, but came up empty handed.

Janette rolled her eyes in annoyance when she realized that she'd left her phone at the club. What next? she thought to herself, as she threw her purse to the side of the sofa. She'd go back and get it later. She didn't want anyone calling her anyway. She wasn't on call at the hospital and had the next day off so what did it matter if she had her cell phone?

Janette grabbed a bottle of red wine from the fridge and popped the cork, wanting nothing more than to get a good mind numbing buzz and veg out in front of the TV for the night. She reached for a wine glass from the cabinet, put in the DVD "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry," and sat on the couch with her favorite blanket, intent on watching one of her favorite movies. She felt a stirring by her leg, and soft fur ruffling against her foot.

"What are you up to, Snowball?" Janette cuddled her white fluffy cat. "Did you miss mommy?" She made a mental note to send her neighbor, Lisa, a thank you gift of some kind for looking after her baby while she'd been away.

Janette flinched at the idea that Snowball would likely be her only baby, as she would probably grow to be an old maid, not bearing any children. There are plenty of women who lead fulfilling lives without a husband and children, she thought reassuringly to herself. They are called nuns!

She downed the first glass of wine before pouring herself another and setting the bottle on the coffee table. Janette got up and went into her room, stripped off her dress, bra and panties, tossing them to the floor. A She put on a dark blue night shirt that reached the middle of her thighs.

She sat at her vanity looking into the mirror and running her brush through her long, dark straight hair. Her eyes settled on the photograph sitting on the table and she picked it up, running her finger over the slick glass. The picture was of her mother and father. They were sitting in a park under a tree and were holding her close, smiling. She was probably three at the time it was taken. Looking into her mother's face and then into the mirror at her own, Janette couldn't believe how much they looked alike. They both sported painfully straight dark brown hair, fair skin with a light dusting of freckles, a small nose and full lips. They even had the same 5 foot, 6 inch slim athletic-type bodies. If it weren't for her mother having blue eyes compared to Janette's dark brown ones, they could have passed for identical twins--if her mother was alive, that is. They died in a car accident when she was five, and that's when she went to stay with her grandmother and aunt. Janette blinked rapidly when she felt her eyes fill with unshed tears, wishing that she could remember her parents. Even just one memory would be better than nothing.

" Stop torturing yourself," she said aloud. Janette put the hairbrush back in its place and looked once again in the mirror. "To hell with it. Who are you trying to impress anyway? Snowball?" She ran her hands through her hair in a shaking motion leaving a big, tangled mess upon her head. She returned to her spot on the couch, grabbed the remote and pushed the 'play' button.

Janette kept refilling her glass until the bottle was empty, not caring about the hangover she'd feel the next morning. She just wanted to forget all the nonsense of the day. Forget about Mitch, the high and mighty Don Juan. Forget about her scandalous 'friend' Melissa. Definitely forget about the fact that they were probably doing it right now like a couple of filthy rabid dogs. Forget about the fact that she hadn't had sex in more than two years with anyone other than herself. Just forget everything. Her vision went hazy and she chuckled at the black man dancing and singing in the shower on the TV screen. Her eyelids grew heavy and she pulled a fluffy pillow against her chest, hugging it tightly before rolling over and falling into a sweet, drunken abyss of dreamless sleep.

*

Mitch had been pacing back and forth in the driveway, glancing at his watch impatiently for at least an hour before he heard the tiny footsteps behind him.

"She's not here, Mitch," Grandma Rose said, wrapping her robe tightly around her body, protecting herself from the cool chill of the night. She stopped right in front of him and looked into his eyes with pity.

Mitch suddenly became angry with the small woman. "Why didn't you tell me?" he said, glaring at her. "You knew, didn't you? You didn't tell me!" He wasn't really angry with Rose and didn't mean to take it out on her. He immediately felt a pang of guilt for snipping at the small woman who had done nothing wrong.

Rose shook her head. "Mitch, it is not my place to tell you anything. When it comes to the mating bond, you two have to figure it out for yourselves." She smiled up at him. "Besides, would you have believed me if I'd told you fifteen years ago? Would she have even understood what it all meant?" She looked up into his confused eyes. "I didn't think so."

"Where is she?" Mitch sounded almost desperate.

"I'm sure I wouldn't know, dear." Rose turned to walk away when Mitch grabbed her shoulders, turning her back to face him.

"Please," he said with a shaky voice. "You don't understand. Please tell me where I can find her."

Rose sighed heavily, looking into the love-stricken eyes of the wolf next door. She could see the desperation in his eyes and scribbled something on a scrap of paper, shoving it into his hand.

She held her grasp on the slip of paper when he tried to take it from her, giving him a stern look of warning. "Don't make me regret this," she said, then turned and walked quietly back into the cottage.

*

"Hey man, cool it with the banging! It's two in the morning, people are trying to sleep!"

"Sorry." Mitch nodded towards the disgruntled, sleepy-eyed man with bed head, who was standing in the hallway of the dilapidated apartment complex. He'd thought to just come back the next day but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to leave Janette's door step. It was as though his feet were glued to the spot.

Why isn't she answering? I know she's here. I saw her car parked outside.

Mitch checked the address on the scrap of paper once more, making sure that he was at the right apartment. He found himself getting angry at the thought that perhaps Janette was being stubborn and ignoring him on purpose. With one weary sigh, Mitch knew exactly what he had to do.

This had better be the right place. Otherwise this is going to be rather awkward, he thought to himself.

Looking both ways down the hall and seeing that he was alone, Mitch reached out and turned the door knob. He had fully expected it to be locked but was surprised to find that it wasn't. Feeling a tinge of anger at his mate for leaving her run-down apartment door open to God only knows what kind of danger, he swung open the door and quietly let himself in before closing it softly behind him. He knew right away that this was her place as he could smell her the second he entered. The sweet smell of honeysuckle and cherry blossoms. He inhaled deeply, savoring her sent and feeling a sudden need spiral through him. Mitch crept through the kitchen. "Janette?" he called cautiously. He continued walking through to the living room and stopped when he saw her curled up on the couch, sound asleep.

So this is why she didn't answer the door.

Mitch picked up the empty wine bottle and glass from the coffee table and took them to the kitchen, placing them on the counter. He didn't have any trouble locating her bedroom as the apartment was ridiculously small. He didn't like seeing her living in such a place when he knew she belonged with him. Belonged in his arms, day in and day out, where he could give her anything and everything she'd ever wanted, including his very soul. Mitch found himself wondering when he'd become so sappy as he fought the urge to throw the drunk woman over his shoulder and haul her out of there, kicking and screaming, taking her home to his bed. Seeing as she would likely have a fit if she were to wake up in his bed, Mitch had to settle for the next best thing.

He pulled the blanket down on her twin size, less than comfortable mattress and fluffed the pillows before going back into the living room. He gently picked her up, careful not to wake her, and lay her softly in her bed, pulling the covers over her and placing a light kiss on her forehead. When Mitch lay down next to her he'd only wanted to hold her for a moment. He hadn't intended on falling asleep but that's precisely what he did, with his mate wrapped securely in his arms where she belonged.

*

The night was warm and moist. The light breeze ruffling her golden brown coat carried the scent of lilacs and summer rain. She bolted through the trees, exhilarated, her heart racing in anticipation of what was to come. Pushing herself even faster, she raised her nose slightly and inhaled deeply, catching another scent on the wind, one that she wasn't quite familiar with. Whatever the scent was, it tantalized her senses, calling to her. She sniffed the air again, unable to get enough of that intoxicating aroma. She saw the familiar figure racing ahead of her. She had never been able to catch the beautiful black wolf before, but tonight would be different. She sprinted as fast as she could, flying past him.

"I told you I'd catch up to you one day," she laughed into the black wolf's mind. "Not so tough now, are you?"

The golden wolf continued her race through the trees, expertly dodging any obstacle that presented itself, laughing at the black wolf behind her. She just barely made it to the clearing when she turned, only to see him charge her, knocking her over and pinning her down several feet from the large bonfire burning in the center of the field.

"Tag! You're it!" The familiar voice laughed into her mind.

The huge black wolf released his hold on her, letting her up, and began to circle around her, licking her muzzle affectionately. She returned the gesture, and for some reason felt elated that he was there with her on this special night. She snuggled up to his black fur coat and inhaled, finally realizing where the beautiful scent had been coming from. It was from her black wolf.

Her black wolf.

He circled behind her and slowly slid his tongue between her hind legs, sending shivers through her body. Placing his two front paws upon her back, he mounted her. She felt a moment of confusion before she let her instincts take over and lowered her chest to the ground, giving him full access to her back end. The black wolf entered her slowly, taking care not to hurt her. It was then that she noticed numerous other wolves surrounding them, forming a circle around the fire. She didn't feel an ounce of fear as she thought she should. They all raised their muzzles to the sky where the pregnant moon rested, smiling down on them, and began howling in what seemed to be an orchestra of celebration. She turned her attention from the commotion happening around her, back to the black wolf still stroking into her. She looked back behind her and was dumbfounded to find the black wolf's paws clinging to her fur, holding her still for the mating, but fading in and out, going from wolf's paws to human hands and then back again.

She felt the thickening of the wolf within her, firmly lodging himself inside. The little golden wolf was no longer able to turn around to see the black wolf behind her, but was stunned when she looked down and saw two strong human arms wrapping themselves around her middle. The wolves' howls became louder, reaching a fevered pitch when she heard the first beats of the drums.

*

Janette shot straight up in bed, covered in a sheen of sweat, her breath escaping her in little gasps. Looking at the clock on the bedside table, she saw that it was already eight o'clock in the morning. She raised herself up out of her bed and headed to the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She grimaced at the bitter aftertaste of the pinot noir from the night before and leaned down to rinse her mouth before brushing her teeth. She scrubbed back and forth fervently, remembering the dream she'd just awoken from. She'd had the dream often since she was a kid, but it was never like this. There had never been any sex involved, or other wolves, for that matter. It had always been about the chase and nothing more. She had always thought that the dream was of her totem animal and how she couldn't catch him. This was totally different though, and the arousal it ignited within her was quite disturbing, to say the least.

Janette splashed cold water on her face to wake herself up before opening the door and heading to the kitchen. She had a light headache and needed to search for the aspirin. She was on her way through her bedroom towards the kitchen door when she noticed the dark figure sprawled out on her bed and her heart stopped in her chest. She couldn't move. Janette's mind started sorting out the events of the night before, thinking perhaps she'd brought someone home with her. That was impossible. She hadn't gone to bed until the wine was gone and she knew for a fact that she had been alone. But then again, how did she wake up in her bed when she clearly remembered falling asleep on the sofa in the living room? She had never been one to sleep walk.

Janette slowly turned towards the bed, cautiously stepping closer to see who the man was lying on his stomach. If she had had a stick or something, she probably would have poked him with it. She leaned over the edge of the bed in an effort to see the stranger's face when he rolled slightly, readjusting his position and letting out a sleepy moan. Janette's face went pale for a moment before turning a deep magenta, as the anger in her flared when she realized who the beautiful sleeping stranger was.

Mitch Evans.

"How did you get in here?" she asked the sleeping figure. He didn't move. She ripped the pillow from under his head and smacked him with it, rudely waking him. "What are you doing here?!" she said through clenched teeth.

Mitch leaped from the bed, his hair handsomely disheveled, looking as though he didn't know where he was. He looked at Janette, his eyes going wide as though he just remembered where he was. "Oh my God, Janette, I'm sorry. I must have fallen asleep," he said, rubbing his hands across his face.

Janette shook her head, momentarily tongue tied. "Why... where... what... What the hell are you doing in my apartment, Mitch?!" she shrieked.

Looking down and noticing her lack of attire, she grabbed the bathrobe hanging from the hook on the bathroom door, slid it on quickly and wrapped it tightly around her body, clutching the neckline closed. She suddenly realized that they had slept in the same bed and she had nothing but a small night shirt on-- not even any underwear. The red in her face went from a red of anger to a red of utter embarrassment and she clutched the neck of her robe together even tighter, until she felt as though she would choke herself with it.

"I'm sorry, Janette. I came by to return your cell phone. You left it at the club last night." He dug the phone from his pocket and handed it to her, as though that should explain everything.

Janette took her phone from his hand, looked down at it in confusion and carelessly tossed it onto a chair. "That doesn't explain why you were sleeping in my bed, or how you got in here in the first place!" What was with this guy?

"Janette, I'm sorry. I stopped by to return your phone and found the door unlocked. I knocked several times but you didn't answer."

Oh, well in that case...

Janette felt her fury hit the roof. "LOOK!" she yelled, pointing her finger at his chest. "I don't know how it works in 'Oh-Look-At-Me-I'm-A-Rich-Stud-Land,' but here in the real world, if you knock on a door and no one answers, that doesn't give you the right to come on in and sleep in the person's bed!"

Mitch closed his eyes in an effort to gather his thoughts and took a deep breath with an almost desperate expression on his face. "Janette, I wanted to talk to you, to explain what happened last night with Melissa. I just needed to tell..."

"I don't want to hear your lame explanations," she interrupted. "What's happening between you and Melissa is none of my damn business and I don't care to hear about it!" Still fuming, Janette stomped into the living room, Mitch close at her heels. She opened the door. "Get out, Mitch. Now."

"Janette, please, just let me..."

"GET OUT!"

Mitch looked at her a moment longer trying to think of something to say to fix the situation, but came up with nothing. It was plainly obvious that she wasn't going to allow him to finish a sentence in the frame of mind she was in.

"Okay," he said, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. "I understand." He calmly walked through the door and into the hallway. He turned and tried to say something before Janette slammed the door shut in his face. He leaned his forehead against the door when he heard the deadbolt being engaged.

This is ridiculous, he thought. How had things gotten like this? He had finally found his mate and already she hated him, all over a stupid misunderstanding. The anger and hate he had seen in her eyes nearly ripped his heart out. He turned and took a step when he noticed a metal message clip attached to the frame of her apartment door and an idea came to him. He searched his shirt pocket for a pen but found none. A small older woman was walking towards him down the hall. "Excuse me ma'am, might you have a pen and paper I can use?"

"Why certainly, I think I have something somewhere." She began rummaging through one of the largest handbags he had ever seen and pulled out a pen along with an old grocery receipt and handed it to him. "I'm sorry, that's all I can find," she said, smiling up at him.

Mitch gave the old woman a grin. "It's perfect." He scribbled a quick note on the back of the receipt, folded it and placed it firmly in the clip on the door before handing the pen back to the old woman. "Thank you," he said, and strode down the hallway.

*

Janette locked the dead bolt on her door and leaned back against it, taking a deep breath, trying to get hold of her anger. She still couldn't wrap her mind around what had just happened. That jackass actually had the audacity to come into her apartment, uninvited, and sleep in her bed! Who the hell did he think he was anyway? What had he been expecting? Perhaps she should have woken up this morning, swooning, thanking her lucky stars that he graced her with his presence? Or maybe she should have dropped to her knees offering to service him right then and there? Yeah right, she thought, pushing herself from the door and walking into her kitchen to continue the search for the elusive bottle of aspirin. She needed it more now than she did before all this mess started. Her headache went from light to thundering, all within the last fifteen minutes. Janette finally found the bottle in a kitchen drawer and popped two of the pills into her mouth before going to the sink to get a glass of water.