Their Story Ch. 02

Story Info
Babs could never regret loving him.
10.2k words
4.32
56.4k
9

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 03/19/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Some of chapter one here:

He felt good against her like that and not just because of what they had just done. She wiggled her butt against his pubic area as she usually did after they had sex in this position. He just grunted but a few seconds later, he nibbled on her neck after giving it two kisses. He gave it two swipes with his tongue then kissed it again.

He said, "I... I... ur, I thank you. That was good."

She was relaxed and very comfy, feeling better than she had in months. Soon she was asleep. Later she woke up and flipped over on her back. Her eyes popped open and she thought, wait a minute this bed wasn't that big, she should have felt her husband. Babs felt around and found no one else in bed with her. She wondered if he had gone to the bathroom but didn't think so.

She sat up, she remembered that after falling asleep she woken up enough to feel him move. She thought he was getting more comfortable, but now she realized he had been getting up. She looked around to make sure and his clothes were gone.

She sat up, pulling her legs up so that her knees were almost level with her face. She reached her arms around her knees and sat there stunned. Jimmy hadn't wanted to sleep with her. It could of course be that he thought the bed too small, even though they had slept together in small beds before, or it could be that he just hadn't been sure if he should sleep with her since their relationship was as it was. But as she thought about his reactions the night before, what he had said and hadn't said, she didn't think that was the reason. She hadn't noticed it at the time, but there had been moments she knew something wasn't right, that he hadn't done those little things he usually did to show his love for her. His reactions were more of someone who was just having sex for the evening, not those of someone making love to someone they cared for. He had made sure she was pleasured, but not in the same way he usually did.

She sat there for a moment thinking about how she hadn't been in this position on a bed since she was in junior high, but she felt like she was that age again. When things happened in her young life that disturbed her, she would sit in her bed with knees up and arms around her legs, thinking about the situation. Now it was the same, she wasn't sure what to do. She bit her lip, another habit from seventh grade, thinking about the ramifications of his reactions. She had felt that their sex session had clarified her emotions. She should not have said "no sex" during their separation, for it had been this session that had reminded her how much she missed his presence. She still loved him and wanted him after all. He seemed not to be feeling the same in return, that cute smile of his had never returned when it disappeared. It could be that he was just mad at her for suggesting the separation or maybe now that he had seen that he could get another woman interested in him he thought he didn't need her anymore.

As she thought about why she had come up with the idea to separate, she knew it hadn't been just because of the way she had been treating him. She wondered if she still loved him because of how she was treating him, and because of his increasing dependence on her. Would she yell at someone she loved? She knew that they had drifted apart in the past year. She spent more time at the office and he spent more time with his patients. Less and less, he had suggested going out to relax. In fact, it had been six months since the last time they had gone to a Karaoke bar. She realized she missed those singing sessions but he hadn't been insisting they go. He was spending more time working at the hospital. She had thought it was because he wanted to be there for his patients, but now she wondered it had been to get away from her. God, had she been that much of a bitch? That hurt to think he didn't want to be with her. She had screamed at him that one time about him using his balls but it had been the only time. They had been fighting again. It was one of the times she was wrong and knew it but didn't want to admit it. He had, as usual, given in excepting the blame. That had infuriated her. She had screamed at him not to give up so fast. To use his balls for something else then fucking her, he wasn't always at fault.

She had seen the shock of betrayal look on his face. He was so shocked that he didn't even say as he normally would that he actually didn't use his balls to fuck her she could trust him he was a nurse and knew these things. But he had gotten her point. The look on his face had shocked her out of her anger, he had walked off before she could apologize. The next day she had apologized and the day after since he hadn't seemed to accept it.

Babs had been nice to him also, but she had also ignored him at times and taken him for granted. Even though she hadn't meant to, she had pretty much told him that she was too busy for him. Their sex life had dropped dramatically in the past eight months. They both had been too busy to instigate any sex.

She decided that she wanted him after all but in a totally unexpected turn around it was he who didn't want her. At first that shocked her for she was the one who was supposed to decide on their marriage continuing not him. She would just have to show him that he needed her and her love. Of course, that would not be easy but she was used to doing things that were not easy.

The next morning she went to his room, he was up and let her in.

Janet in a soft tone started with, "I'm feeling very relaxed this morning because of you. You pleasured me very well last night."

He smiled for a second then she continued, "Afterwards I realized I missed you doing that to me, and I missed you for those eight months, and even before that, when we were too busy to be with each other."

Again, she noticed the hard look that appeared on his face for a second as she said that she missed him doing that to her.

He said, "thank you. I'm more relaxed this morning too."

They talked more, but his body language and the curtness of some of his responses puzzled her. He had been relaxed when he invited her in, but then he tensed up when she said she had a good time the night before. Why had what she said made things worse? Could it be that he wanted to ask if she missed him that much, why did she want the separation? After chatting with Jimmy awhile longer, she left to go about the conference's business.

As she walked away, he said to himself, "I shouldn't have given in so easily last night. But when she kissed me, it was if all the built up passions from the last eight months surfaced and demanded attention. We are still married after all and she wanted it too. It had helped though, I do feel more relaxed this morning. Some of the emotions building up in me the last eight months must have been sexual arousal...I got to tell her what I'm feeling- what I have been feeling since I learned what she was up to most of those eight months."

The resort had a Karaoke night and Babs went to it, hoping Jimmy would be there, she had something she wanted to say in song. He was, so she joined in line with the other singers and sang a Country song dealing with Love lost and regained. As she was singing and following the words, she saw Jimmy get up and walk out. She faulted in her song leaving out two words but kept singing, hoping he was just going to the bathroom and would come back. He didn't. After she sat back down and thought about it, she couldn't understand why whenever she tried to reassure him of her love it seemed to backfire.

Two nights later, they had another planned meeting but this one was early and they ended it with dinner. This time there was no dancing or any further talking, he just walked her back to her room. Again kissing her on the cheek. As she opened her door and watched him walk away, she was puzzled and a little hurt by his seemingly curt response. It looked to her like he was in a hurry to get rid of her. Babs sat down on the love seat and wondered what was happening. He was not acting like she expected, like he acted before they separated. It was her choice to decide to go on with the marriage or not, he was supposed to love her and try to talk her into staying. That's how it's supposed to be when someone falls in love with you, their heart is yours for life. No matter what you do or say, that someone is supposed to love you regardless. He wasn't trying to talk her into staying though; in fact, nothing he did was anything like what she expected. They had cleared the air in a couple of areas during their discussions but he still wasn't doing what she had expected. Why was he acting like this? Why did everything she said to reassure him backfire so badly? Why was he relaxed one moment while talking to her, and tense as a bowstring the next?

Finally, Babs shook her head and decided that since it was early she would go out. It was too early for bed and maybe there might be someone to talk to, since she knew people there for the conference. Getting up she left her room, she had dinner already and was still dressed for an evening out, so she headed for the nightclub. Once there she looked around and quickly, saw a couple of their friends. But as she headed towards where they were seated, she glanced at the dance floor and was shocked by what she saw. Jimmy was out there dancing with Jenne, someone they both knew from the hospital. He had evidently changed from what he wore at dinner to a brighter, nicer outfit. He had never worn that one around her before but he looked good in it. Jenne was wearing a blouse, almost the same color combination as her husband's outfit, and a short wide skirt. It looked nice like what someone would wear... on a date. Oh no, her eyes widened and she almost put her hand to her mouth in shock at the implication hit her. Jimmy had wanted to get their talk over with as fast as possible because he had a date to go on.

She made it to their friends table and talked some, but she couldn't get her mind off of what Jimmy was doing. She wanted to leave but at the same time, wanted to wait to see what her husband would do. Eventually he and his date left. She followed at a distance she hoped would be enough to allow her to not be seen. They walked slowly to what must be her room, since it wasn't his. They stood and talked at the door, and then they kissed. One long kiss, Babs gasped silently but watched. They talked for few seconds more then the girl unlocked the door and both went in. Babs couldn't help the outburst as she let out a "Nooo!"

Her breath caught and she couldn't breathe for a moment. She said, "Please don't stay in there. Don't have sex with her!"

Babs stayed watching the door in shock. He wasn't supposed to do that! Not Jimmy. She kept watching and ten minutes later, he came back out. She sighed in relief; he had some papers in his hand so that obviously was why he had gone in there. It hadn't been enough time for sex. Even if he had just pulled down his pants and the girl had pulled up her skirt and bent over, Babs didn't think there had been time for them to fuck. Jimmy and his date talked, and it was obvious that she wanted him to stay. She even rubbed his crotch for a second, but he just shook his head and walked off. Babs was thankful for another reason that she and Jimmy had sex the other night. While he was probably horny again, it would not be as horny as he had been, which helped him to say no.

He took another way back to his room and she didn't have to worry about being seen, so she stayed there for a few minutes thinking more about what she had seen. If he was having problems with their relationship, why didn't he just say so instead of stringing her along? True he hadn't said he wanted them back together but he implied it, by meeting with her to talk about things and to discuss their relationship. As she thought about that, it hit her suddenly that they hadn't actually discussed their relationship all that much. They had reminisced about how they met and their wedding, but that wasn't current. Each had told the other what they had been up to lately but that wasn't about their relationship either. She sighed, wondering if he planned it that way or if he thought she didn't want to discuss it. Tomorrow she would have to confront him. He probably won't like it, but it needed to be talked out. He had to know that she did want him in her life and she needed to know what he wanted. So having decided on a course of action, she went back to her room and to bed.

The next morning she dressed in another outfit he liked and went to find him. They could talk during breakfast if need be, they could both skip eating. They could even skip the first meeting if they talked that long. He was already in a meeting so she since she had to wait she went to the meetings she was supposed to go to. All day long she kept missing him . She went to his room three times but either no one answered or his roommate said he was out. Just before dinner she went out again. After looking for him, she found him headed for the restaurant. As she neared him, she saw that he was talking on a cell phone. She wondered with whom and some instinct made her want to know real bad so she quietly walked up behind him close enough to hear him.

He was saying, "I missed you too."

A pause then, "Yeah I like your kisses too."

A longer pause again, then "No! I told you none of that now. In nine months we can date and maybe do that but not now."

Babs wondered, "Why they had to wait for nine months was Jimmy pregnant?" She mentally chuckled with that thought, but then froze as another implication hit her. "Jimmy and the person he was talking to could date in nine months? And maybe do something he wouldn't do now??!! That could only mean he was planning on not being married in nine months!" She didn't know how long a divorce took but that fit what he was saying.

Babs couldn't help it she let out a loud gasp, quickly followed by a softer "no!!!" She turned with tears in her eyes. She ran back to her room, fumbled with the key, finally getting it unlocked and into her room. She went straight to the bedroom and threw herself on the bed. Babs started crying, sobbing out loud. After a few minutes, Jimmy entered the room, in her hurry she had forgotten to lock her door and he had been able to enter after her. He had heard the gasp and had turned to hear the "no." As close as Babs was, he knew she had overheard him talking on the phone so after a quick goodbye and a promise to call later, he had hung up and headed for her room. He just stood there watching her for few moments. He reflected on the fact that he had never seen her cry like that, in all the years he had known her. She was always tough, always doing something to get what she wanted sometimes even without him.

Finally, he sat down on the edge of the bed, near her knees. She looked up at him, startled then surprised that it was only him. She hadn't noticed when he had come in.

He sat there for moment then said in a soft voice, "Now you know how I felt the night my dad died, and I wanted to talk to you but I couldn't get a hold of you."

She turned her head to face him, "Your dad died? When? I didn't know."

"It was on a Thursday almost four weeks ago. I called you half a dozen times that night."

"I never get one of those calls, nor any message."

"I know, you were out screwing around on a date. Having fun while breaking your promise to me when I badly needed to talk to you."

She easily heard the pain and anger in his voice.

She said, "Nooo," in a half wail, "I never broke my promise to you, I never cheated!"

"I know you went out on dates with quite a few men."

"Yes I did that, but I never had sex with any of them. Not any type of sex, not intercourse, not anal, not even oral sex. None. "

There was a pause then she added, "I did sort of have hand sex with a couple of the guys when I felt their shafts through their pants, I...I did give one guy a climax but it was with my hand. Two felt me through my shorts and sucked on a nipple for a minute but I put a stop to it and that's when I stopped dating. I was not out on a date four weeks ago. I had stopped them by then. I....I realized that if I continued going out like that, I would end up breaking my promise to you about the sex and about getting romantically involved with some guy. I never broke that promise or my wedding vows."

"Except you did date other men and kissed them while married to me."

"Yes, I did but I never had sex with them nor did I get romantic with any. The night you tried calling I was out, but it was with a girlfriend not a date. We just wanted to relax and to have some fun... We did do some dancing and I danced with a couple guys but that's all. I didn't even kiss any of them. I got a little drunk and that might be one reason that, uh, I didn't get your messages but there was no sex with any of the guys."

"I think I believe you, but you still weren't there when I needed you."

A fresh tear came down her cheek and she said, "I swear if I had known about your dad's death, I would have called back even if it was two hours before I needed to get up or if I was completely drunk. I know how important he was to you and I would have called no matter what."

"I believe that you would have called if you had known, but you didn't."

She heard the pain and bitterness in his voice and looked at him in surprise and alarm. Fear for their relationship caused the alarm.

She said, "I'm sorry.... I... I don't know what to say."

Babs turned back and started quietly sobbing thinking about all the mistakes she made, starting with wanting to separate. A week or at most a month would have been better even if she had been selfish enough to want the separation.

Jimmy was feeling some confusion also. Even through his anger and bitterness at what she had done - the separation, the dating and not calling him back the night his dad had died, he felt a desire to comfort her. He believed her when she said that she hadn't really had sex with any of the guys after all. And it did make a difference, some of his anger and hurt had melted away, but at the same time, she still had dated other guys while they were married. And he had put up with a lot just before the separation. He thought, "From what some of our friends had described to me, she had broken not only her wedding vows but the promise she had made before she had left." He still felt she had broken her vows but not as badly as he had thought. Then there was the fact that even though they had written letters a couple times a week and one phone call each week, she had never said anything about how her decision was coming along or that she missed him. It had surprised him that she had said that as many times as she had, while they were having sex the other night. At the time, Jimmy had thought she was lying. He had wondered, "How she could miss having sex with me so much, when she was getting laid by others." At one point, he had almost let her have it verbally, but just didn't have the courage to say what he was feeling. Plus that hadn't been the time for that type of confrontation.

Now he looked at her lying on the bed crying. Her skirt was hiked up almost far enough to see her panties. She looked so pretty, he always thought that he had lucked out by marrying some one that was as good looking as Babs. He still wasn't sure what had attracted her to him when other better looking guys had been after her.

He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't realize at first, when he placed his hand on her leg. He just slid it back and forth gently caressing her. The first time they had made love had been so wonderful he could barely stand it. When she took off her top exposing her breasts to him, he thanked his lucky stars or God that someone that pretty and arousing had come into his life. When she wiggled her top and asked if he liked what he saw all he could do was stare and nod. She then had said to, "come and get them then!" It was all he could do to keep himself from running to her to grab her breasts, to feel them under his hands, to suck, bite, and lick them but he had managed not to react too animalistic. He had done all of it later, with soft bites,long licks and soft sucks. She had groaned her approval. Later when they were all finished, she had expressed her gratitude for his ability to make love. It had been wonderful she had said more than once. That had felt good to his ego. By then he knew she just didn't say things, she meant any compliments she gave out.