These Wolves Alone Ch. 07

Story Info
Devin and Jessie get a not-so-great surprise.
782 words
4.43
5.6k
2

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 07/19/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

{Chapter 7 Intruders}

A loud bark came from up the stairs and Frank, my partner, jumped. Some hit-man, I thought to myself. He must have already changed, I cursed myself. If Caleb found out we'd be dead.

"What was that?" Frank asked me, looking worried.

"We have to go now!" I growled back at him, running up the stairs. I went to start opening doors to find the teenage duo, but all the doors were propped open. Except for one. I headed straight for it and tried the doorknob, that let the door open.

Two pairs of eyes stared at me, surprised and a scream erupted in the room. It was the girl, she was just standing there screaming. I had to cover my ears.

***********Frank's POV***********

He headed up the stairs and I followed, already pulling out my gun. He headed straight for the closed door and opened it quickly and held his large hands over his ears as a scream came from the room.

A growl erupted from the room as well and a black wolf charged at Jeremy, snapping at his thighs. He fell back and hit the floor with a thud as the girl ran from the room; right at me. I pulled the trigger and shot the ceiling as strong jaws and sharp teeth connected with my wrist, sending it upwards with a snap.

Plaster began to cover the floor and the gun fell from my limp and bleeding hand. When the gun hit the ground, it went off. Drops of blood splattered and a loud yell filled the small area we were in. I realized Jeremy was still laying on the floor and cursed myself. I took a swing at the white wolf and it connected flinging it against the wall, but not nearly as hard as I had wished.

The black wolf was standing over Jeremy and growling loudly and snarling at him. Jeremy was holding his shoulder where the bullet had ripped a piece of skin out.

*****Devin's POV*****

I tried to send a thought to Jessie, like she had to me. I have no idea how to do this, I thought, just to myself. I hoped she was still alive. I couldn't believe that bastard knocked her against the wall. I stood up, shifting back into human form like I had been doing it for years.

"Who are you?" I asked the man beneath me with a hint of growl still in my voice.

"Your killer, that's all you need to know." I dropped to my knees, straddling the man in the floor and my fist connected with his jaw and he spit blood.

"Why are you here?" He spit again, this time the blood hit my cheek and I had to keep myself from gagging as made my fist connect with his jaw again, this time knocking him unconscious.

While I had been talking to the man the other man was kicking at Jessie and blood was spilling out of the open snout of her wolf form.

I leaped to my feet again and charged at his legs, trying to knock him off balance or even break his legs but he got me first. His foot connected with my chin and I tasted blood in my mouth as the result of chomping down on my tongue. He lifted me up by the collar of my shirt and his fist connected with my already sore jaw.

I scrambled to get out of his grip but he had the fabric wound so tight it was seemingly impossible to me and all I could do was panic.

All I could think was that he was going to knock me out like I did his friend and then finish Jessie off, and maybe even me too. I suddenly knew why people in horror or thriller movies always made the stupid choices or couldn't defend themselves; because the panic filling their brain was clouding every logical move and decision and I was just hoping that sometime soon I could get my brain to function.

But while I was being held there, pondering what would happen or if I would die and hoping the worst didn't happen to Jessie after I was gone, somewhere I heard a gun go off.

***

[Author's Note]

Yes, I know it's short, as are all of my chapters. But I have come to the conclusion that I am just one of those writers that write short chapters, so I guess y'all are gonna just have to bear with me, because whatever I do they always come out short.

But either way I hope you enjoyed it! Next chapter up soon hopefully! :)