They Just Click Ch. 04-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You getting out or what," the driver asked, pulling Jake back to reality. He was shocked when he looked out the window and saw his apartment building.

"Sorry, just thinking about something," he said as he paid the fare and headed to the door.

He got to his apartment, checked his messages and looked around. Realizing it was well clean enough for the company he was to have the next night. He sat down and turned on the TV, but found himself disinterested in any show he found. It only took a couple of seconds for him to realize why.

He picked up his phone and hesitated before he dialed, knowing there was only one thing that would allow him to sleep or think about anything else. He just about chickened out and hung up when the other end was answered.

"Hello," he heard, sensing a slight agitation in the voice.

"Hi Erikah," Jake replied simply. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?" he asked hoping she had time to talk even just a little.

"Hi Jake. No, I wasn't doing anything important," Erikah replied. Jake smiled as he heard a definite change in her voice.

"If I am, you can say so. I just wanted to call and ... um ... confirm tomorrow night. You bringing the prints over that is," he said catching himself before he said he called because he wanted to hear her voice.

"No, really, I was just thinking about soaking in the tub for a bit before bed. I spent some time out at the park and that can be hell on my feet. Yeah, I am figuring on tomorrow night still," she said hoping the smile she had didn't come through to much in her voice.

Jake debated about telling about his evening and having drinks with Cassie and Roni. He didn't know if she'd be upset or anything.

"I ..." Jake started the same time as Erikah said "So ..." at which they both laughed a little.

"You first," Erikah said with a little giggle.

"I had an idea, how about I cook us dinner tomorrow night. Nothing big, just some spaghetti or something," he said hoping she would agree.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea," Erikah said. Again, hoping the smile wasn't too obvious.

"Great, we'll figure on it then. So what were you going to say earlier?" Jake asked.

"Nothing don't worry. So, tomorrow night then," Erikah said with an almost sensual tone in her voice.

"Yes, tomorrow night. Goodnight hun," Jake said blushing lightly as he realized what had come from his mouth.

"Goodnight Jake," Erikah said softly before clicking off.

###

She hung up the line and let the phone rest in her hand. Hearing his voice had been nice. Erikah actually hadn't wanted the conversation to end. Replacing the phone she walked back into the bath and let her robe finally fall. Her body was immersed in the bubbles and her head fell back on the bath pillow. She let out a sigh and softly began to sing along with the music.

She was tempted to let her mind wander again but she decided to wait. She hoped perhaps tomorrow there would be some reality to base some fantasy on. So she laid there, singing and simply letting her body relax. Her feet were extremely thankful for the time spent in the water. Soon though the water began to cool and her hands were starting to prune.

She dried off her body and picked her robe up. In her room she put on a soft pair of sheer white panties and a tank top. She was a little warm and didn't want to turn on her air just yet. Erikah turned off her light and slipped in her bed. Her mind, while she hadn't intended it, was filled with thoughts of Jake. She wondered what tomorrow would bring.

###

Jake hung up the phone. Her voice was like an angel to his ear. He would now be able to fall asleep, well eventually. There was something about the girl that spoke to him. His mind kept replaying the way she said his name. It rolled off her lips like she'd been meant to say it.

He stood up from the couch and made his way to his bathroom. A quick shower, a cool one, would be the perfect way to call it a night. He let the water run on the cool side and got undressed. It was just a quick cooling off he needed. The water fell over his head, down his back. Bracing his arm on the tile he let out a breath. This woman did things to him and yet he'd not really touched her. She was fast moving under his skin.

He left the shower and dried off. Jake grabbed a pair of boxers and slipped them on. The night air was cool enough as he opened the window to his apartment. He hadn't made too much of a decision in the way of his job but he did know that it was time for a change. With that thought he crawled into bed and popped open his lap top. He wanted to quickly make some adjustments to his resume and wouldn't be able to rest until he did.

About an hour later he finished and closed it up. He was tired. Jake turned off his lights and sleep claimed him almost immediately. He dreamed though, sweet and beautiful dreams about the woman that was always on his mind.

Morning seemed to come too quickly for him. Light poured into the room and he woke with a stretch. He was something of a morning person but today he was dragging a little. The late night though had been his downfall. He moved into his kitchen, making his coffee stronger then normal. He showered, shaved and dressed in what seemed like record time. Before too long he was at the office.

He emailed a few people, letting them know he was interested in something new, perhaps even looking into a new change of work. It was so much easier with Mr. Anderson being gone. He finished doing the little tasks he had asked for and then decided to see about open his own small firm. He made a few calls and meet with a banker for a light lunch.

Jake just wanted some information. It was always good to weigh out all of his options before just jumping with the next idea. So that's what he did. Back at the office he kept watching the clock. He had to stop off at the grocer before heading home and so he was going to leave early.

###

Erikah slept perfectly. Her dreams of course filled with him. She woke, stretching when her phone rang. It was Cassie. They chatted briefly before deciding to go shopping mid afternoon. She wanted something new to wear to deliver her photos to Jake. She knew it was business but then there was more.

She got up, put on the news and made coffee. She began going back through some of the photo's she took the other day. There were some very good ones. She couldn't wait to see them blown up. The way she captured people with out them knowing, it was true beauty. There were also shots of the buildings, even plants and flowers. She had really done a great job.

Before too long she realized the time and went into her room and dressed. Her hair pulled up, another pair of jeans, and a cute white t shirt that had angel written on it. All this was over her favorite pair of white lace boy shorts and bra. She was always the matching type. Slipping on her shoes she walked out the door and down to the local deli to meet her friend.

"Hey girl," Cassie said when they met up.

"You look good," Erikah said.

"Yeah, even after the night Roni and I had. So you want to grab a bite quick and then shop?"

"Sounds good."

They ate and then made there way through the crowds to a favorite small time clothing shop. They were greeted when they went in by name and began looking over the racks of clothes. Finally Erikah found it. It was a dress, nothing over the top but perfect in its simple look.

"I've got it," she told Cassie.

"Very nice, our little boy Jake will fall over," she laughed.

"You think?" she asked wondering if she'd be coming on too strong.

"It'll be good, trust me. I can tell the guy likes you Erikah," she smiled at her friend.

So the two finished up and then parted ways. Erikah made it home and cleaned up. She showered and applied more lotion and perfume then normal. Her make up was light and airy as she always felt natural beauty was much better then the painted on look.

She wore a black satin bra, strapless as the dress called for it and a pair of the finest lace panties. On went the dress. It was flimsy and form fitting. It was a strapless black dress that hung to her every curve and secured around her waist with a decorative belt. The dress stopped mid thigh and she would have to be careful bending but it was all worth it she thought stepping into her heels. She picked up the photos and made her way downstairs. The bellman for her apartment flagged down a cab and off she went.

###

Jake had gotten out early and picked up the things he needed. Dinner was well on its way. Everything was set on the table, candles burning. Everything looked perfect. Her looked at the clock at went to change.

He opted for some dress pants and a nice button down shirt. He didn't want over the top but he wanted nice. He was sure Erikah would look amazing. He went back to the kitchen. Everything was ready. Dinner would be done soon and she would be here at any moment. He took a deep breath and then let it out. It was then his door rang and he buzzed up his dinner date.

12