They Walk Among Us Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

"No! We lost her and – we – are going to get her back. Her and her SEAL friends can sit this one out. Now get out there and find this bitch before I transfer you to a radio post in Northern Alaska."

"Yes Sir."

Allen got up and quickly moved to the door. He had no idea why the dumb fucker didn't want their help.

'If it wasn't for those assholes, we wouldn't have had her in the first place.'

**********

Kevin Dvorska stepped off the small commuter plane at Scholes International Airport in Galveston. It was now ten in the morning and his body felt as if it had been rode hard and put away wet. The baggage car had arrived and began loading up for the departing passengers as Kevin walked slowly towards the terminal.

When he was inside, he looked around and found his mother waiting patiently off to the side. He could tell that she'd been crying, and it appeared she was going to start up again at the sight of her only son. He quickly moved to her and held her close as she began sobbing against him.

"It's ok Mom. We'll get through this together," Kevin said, as he brushed her soft hair.

"I just can't believe he's gone. I just..."

"Come on Mom, let me get my bag and I'll drive us home. We can talk later about everything."

Kevin led Beth over to the conveyer and found his bag. After he found it, he placed his arm around his mom and held her close as they walked to the car. After helping her in, they drove quietly home.

It was a short drive back to his childhood home. As he looked around, memories flooded his mind as he pictured his father teaching him how to throw a football. He remembered the first tent that they tried to put up. He also remembered how it came crashing down around them after ten minutes. Kevin laughed a bit at the memory of them crawling out of the wreckage.

They walked inside and Kevin went up to put away his clothes, as Beth went to make her son something to eat. They still didn't say anything and Kevin was scared to attempt it until she was ready. When he came back downstairs, he found his mom sitting at the kitchen table next to a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Thanks Mom. I think this is the first real food I've had since yesterday afternoon."

"It's nothing Kevin. If that's not enough, there's more over on the stove." Beth Dvorska said quietly. She never looked at him; she just stared at the plate of food.

"I can't image how hard it is on you Mom since I've never been married. After the past few months, I don't know if I can even fall in love. Maybe this whole mess of a life needs to stop with me."

"I can't speak for your father, he's dead, but I know what I think," she told him as she raised her eyes and looked upon her son.

"He was a werewolf, to some people, a monster. I still remember the first time he showed me like it was yesterday. I'd never known fear like that – ever."

"I know Mom, that's why it should..."

"But after that Kevin, I'd never felt more loved in my life. Your father was more that just some beast. Yes, it was part of him, but only a small part. He gave of himself and loved life more than any normal human being I've ever met. My life would have been wasted if I hadn't met him."

"Listen Mom, I know you think..."

"You don't know anything about how I think Kevin."

The tone in her voice was eerie. It was as if she wanted to cry and scream out at the same time. He was thinking of just leaving her to her thoughts, because he knew the grieving stage went from sadness to anger quickly. He changed his mind when she touched is hand.

"Kevin, we never really talked about your gift. At his request, I left that up to him to deal with. I don't have what you two received, so I couldn't answer any of your questions."

"Yeah, some gift. The only thing it's brought us is pain and some crazy woman who used me to get revenge on the Dvorska family. It got Dad hurt and almost caught – some gift."

Beth reached out and slapped her son across the face. When Kevin turned his head back towards his mother, he stared at her in disbelief. Never once, in all his life, had she ever laid a hand on him.

"Ok, I'd say we're in full anger stage now."

"You – SEALs – are so secretive. You only told me about this woman, Martina, who broke your heart. I had to find out what really happened in that damn cave from your father. You never knew that I was the one who sent him there," she said as her voice cracked with emotion.

"Mom, you know I can't talk about..."

"Talk about what, love, pain, feelings? You still believe this is some sort of curse, that a nice girl won't want you because of who you are.

"Not who – what."

"I had it right the first time young man. You are, who you are, and I can't imagine a life without a werewolf next to me. You think it's something that would turn a woman off – well it's not. You wanna know what your father and I used to do after you left for the Navy?"

"Mom, maybe we should drop this and..."

"I'm still your mother and you will sit there and listen to me. Your father couldn't talk any sense into you, so I will. After you left for the Navy, your father would change and run around the house all day like that. He never did it while you were here, because he didn't want to cause you any more emotional pain. After you left, he would become a large, hairy, ferocious werewolf and then lay on the floor. I used to snuggle up to that thing you call a monster, and we'd fall asleep like that watching TV. I've never felt more love and caring in my life – and now I never..." Beth couldn't finish as she suddenly broke down in tears.

Kevin quickly grabbed his mother up in his arms and held her tight. He realized that she was on an emotional roller coaster, and it had just jumped off the tracks. She continued to sob wildly and he couldn't think of anything to say. He thought she was just upset and confused – but she was right. If Kristine and Adam accepted him for what he was, maybe someone else might. Maybe true love was possible for a – werewolf.

**********

The morning of the funeral came too quickly for Kevin and his mom. The Funeral Director stayed busy guiding the onslaught of people past them as they paid their respects. It had been a long morning and Kevin just wanted it to be over with so they could start the healing process. He wore his Dress Blues that day, and everyone stared at his chest full of ribbons and the large gold Trident. Many of them thanked him for his service and made mention of being a hero, but the real hero was lying still in the coffin.

Soon it became time for the final goodbye and the Dvorska's were now alone for the sad moment. Kevin reached into his pocket and pulled out Adam Dawson's bright gold trident. Beth wept softly as he pinned it to his father's lapel. He looked down at the sleeping figure and smiled.

"Adam Dawson wanted you to have this. You helped save countless lives that night in the cave, one of them being my friend. If anyone on earth deserves to be a Navy SEAL, it's you. I love you Dad." Kevin leaned down and kissed his father goodbye, as did Beth Dvorska.

When the day was finally over Kevin and his mother sat in the living room. At his mother's request, he stayed in his uniform. She hadn't seen him like that since graduating training.

"I owe you an apology Kevin," she said, as she sipped her glass of wine.

"I'm not sure I understand Mom."

"I shouldn't have slapped you yesterday. I'm so sorry for that."

"I had it coming though, so it's not necessary," he replied with a smile.

"Oh I almost forget. I have something for you, I'll be right back," Beth quickly got up and went upstairs to her bedroom.

Kevin sat on the sofa and finished off his beer. It was good that his mom wanted a glass of wine; she needed something to stimulate her senses other than sorrow. He finished off his beer and went to the kitchen for another one, when he returned she was back on the sofa holding a large envelope and a letter.

He sat down next to her and looked at the envelope. The return address was a lawyer's office out of Dallas, and sent to Mr. Luka Dvorska.

"Your father had this in his safe for the past few months. He said I was never to open it unless you were here with us. He also wrote this and told me to give it to you if anything should ever happen to him. I just didn't think it would be this..."

"Come on Mom, you and I both know we need to move on. It's what Dad would have wanted us to do."

Beth handed him the letter and he got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He knew it was some sort of goodbye letter and he wondered if he could handle it so soon. With a great deal of courage, he opened the letter and began reading.

"Hey Shithead,

Yeah that's right I called you a Shithead. If you're reading this then that means I'm up here with the rest of us werewolves yelling at you to get up off that sofa and get the yard mowed."

"You know Mom, Dad had a warped sense of humor," Kevin told her.

"That's one of things that I loved the most about him."

"Seriously Kevin, I had a pretty damn good life and I enjoyed it to the fullest. I never got around to telling you many things, just incase I don't get the chance, I thought I'd write this. You're probably telling yourself that the family bloodline should stop with you. I thought like that once also, but let me tell you, your mother gave me hope that love is possible for anyone. Yes stupid, even werewolves."

"I'm starting to think maybe Dad had some sort of medical condition Mom. Did you ever think of having him evaluated – mentally I mean?" Kevin asked.

Beth gave a little laugh and smiled at her son. "Almost daily sweetheart."

"Be honest with yourself little buddy, do you think if you were a normal human being, true love would be easy to find? Shake your head no, that's a good boy. You're sitting there thinking 'but Dad, I don't want to bring another werewolf into the world'. It may not be like that Kev. You see, the gift doesn't work like that; it may skip over your child totally. Maybe she might have only limited powers like smell and hearing. You can close your mouth now stupid, you look silly."

Kevin was indeed in shock at the revelation his father wrote down. Was it possible that what he was saying was correct? True to Luka Dvorska's vision, Kevin closed his mouth.

"Now on a serious note, you need to know something that I never told you. I've known about Predjama castle since I was twenty-one. Your mother doesn't know yet because I was saving it as a surprise. I've known since I returned from Predjama that I was ill so now you have to be the one to spring it on her. Kevin, it's now your responsibility to take care of her. I'm sure she's hurting a lot right now, so try to bring her spirits up because I don't want her to grieve long. Life is far too short to worry about the dead. Now get out there and make me a granddaughter! Remember I love you, and I will be watching over you and your mother from up here.

Dad

P.S. Tell Adam I said hi. He's a great person and I consider him a close friend. I'll be watching over him too. You can never have enough werewolves watching your back. Ha, ha – man I crack myself up. See ya buddy."

Kevin opened the large envelope and pulled out a set of papers. He was stunned when he saw it was the deed to Predjama castle. It had the endorsement of the government of Slovenia, and the governments seal on it.

"Um – Mom, what were you planning on doing now that Dad's gone?"

"Well, I have all the money I'll ever need, and your father and I always wanted to travel, so maybe take a vacation or something. You know I've never been to Hawaii, that sounds fun," she told him as she finished her wine.

"I have a better idea. How does Predjama sound?"

"Is that in Florida?"

**********

It was seven O'clock and Kevin had just finished the dinner dishes. As he tossed the damp towel on the counter, he wondered about his mother. What would her life be like now that her soul mate was gone? Suddenly Kevin got an idea, he wasn't sure how she'd respond, but it was worth a try.

Elizabeth Dvorska was watching a rerun of Home Alone on TV. The movie always made her smile, and right now, she could use all the smiling she could get. Her life was now starting over again, and at her age, it didn't seem that she would find that true spark of joy again.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something large and brown approach her. When she turned her head, she saw Kevin walking into the room. She had forgotten how big he really was, his golden brown fur flowing around him as he walked.

"Kevin, you don't have to become a wolf just for me. I know how you feel about the gift, even though your father found it very liberating."

The young gentle werewolf strode into the middle of the room and lay down on his side. The living room was big, but Kevin's massive form took up most of the center of the area. When he rolled over on his back, he accidently bumped into the coffee table and almost spilled her wine.

"Hey you clumsy werewolf, watch the furniture!" Beth said with a large smile.

Beth got up and moved over to stand above her son. As she looked down at him, he stared back with his large gold eyes. The love in her heart for him was swelling, as she started to tear up. Kevin saw this and gave her a low growl of disproval.

Beth wiped the tears away. "You have the nerve to growl at your mother? I have half a mind to get my clippers and shave you bald. Now roll over so I can lie down."

Beth sat down on the carpeted floor and lay back against the large wolf. Her body moved up and down with his breathing, and it didn't take long before she was fast asleep. Kevin watched the movie for a little while longer, as his mother slept against his right front leg. As he began to doze off, he thought about how playful Kristine and his mother were with him as a wolf. He wondered if he would be as lucky as his father.

CJSOTF Seal Compound, Aviano Italy, one week later.

Adam Dawson was sitting at his desk looking at some of his notes he'd written. It was evaluation time for his team members, and the only way to move up the ranks was with a good eval and test scores. He jotted some more things down, but had to stop when he heard the knock.

"Enter."

Kristine Duka walked in and stood just in front of his desk. She snapped to attention and saluted.

"What in the world are you doing Kristine?"

"What ever you want L-tee," she said, and then winked at him.

Adam found her impression of a sailor amusing. No matter what, she could always bring a smile to his face. The tight jeans and loose fitting sweater made him smile even bigger.

"At ease Duka. It's Saturday, and you're interrupting a highly classified process of paperwork."

Kristine put her hands behind her back and spread her shapely legs. "I'm sorry Sir, I knew you'd be stressed out with the evaluations, and I wanted to offer any assistance that the Lieutenant might need."

Adam's cock started to pulse at her sultry tone. If he ever did get out of the teams, she would definitely be the one he'd settle down with. The thought of growing old with her pleased him as he leaned back in his chair and placed his hands behind his head.

"I have secretaries that do clerical work Duka. You have any other special abilities that I might find interesting?"

"Oh yes Sir. No one does dick-tation like I do," she said and then moved around the desk and pushed his chair back.

Kristine squatted under Adams desk and then pulled his chair toward her. After undoing his pants, Adam lifted his hips as she slid them down his muscular legs. She smiled to herself when she saw he was as hard as a rock. Opening her mouth, she deftly swallowed the entire length in one motion.

"Oh damn Kristine, maybe this isn't a good idea. What if someone..."

He lost his thoughts as she once again went down on him, but this time she moaned loudly, as his cock nestled in her throat. After a few moments of torturing him with her mouth, she released it and started jacking the slick shaft.

"How am I doing so far Mr. Dawson?"

"If you don't stop soon, you're going to get your answer. You know I don't last long when you use your mouth."

"Why Mr. Dawson, what about all that self control the SEALs are famous for?" Kristine asked from under the desk as she jacked his cock faster.

"Remind me to spank you later for being insolent."

"You can be sure of it – Sir," Kristine replied as she took his cock back into her lovely mouth.

Adam Dawson's heart skipped a beat when there was a quick knock on the door, and Kevin Dvorska stepped inside his Lieutenant's office. His eyes shot up and he had a shocked look on his face.

"Hey Boss, the duty office said you were here. I just wanted to thank you again for the ride back last night. I thought maybe we could hit the club, I got some great news to tell you about my dad's property acquisitions."

"Um – sure no problem Kev, I'll be done here in a few moments and then I'll meet you over there." Adam had a cracked voice as he answered his friend. Kristine never stopped through the whole conversation.

"Sounds great, see ya there," Kevin replied, as he turned to walk out.

"Oh and Kristine, you're more than welcome to come along too."

Kristine Duka took her mouth off Adam's cock and jacked it quickly. "Thanks Kevin, I won't be much longer."

"Ok, see you two there," he replied, then walked out and shut the door.

"Let's see where was I, oh yes, dick-tation." Kristine ingested his cock again, as Adam Dawson leaned back. He had a thought about the situation.

"Yep, she is definitely a keeper."

Meanwhile, Kevin was just walking down the hall when he noticed Neal Hawkins walking towards Dawson's office. As he got closer, Neal stopped him.

"Hey Dvorska, sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm glad you're back. Place hasn't been the same without you."

"Thanks Skipper, and thanks for the help on getting me home so quick. I know my mom appreciated it. Hey, some of the guys and I are headed to the club, wanna come along?"

"Sure, just give me a minute and I'll take you over. I have to see Dawson first."

"Oh – um – Skipper, he just went to the map room to drop some stuff off, then he's headed over there too."

"Oh well, I'll just get with him at the club then. You ready to go?"

Kevin and Hawkins walked down the hallway, away from the private meeting in Dawson's office. Kevin had a smile on his face, as he knew that his Team Leader owed him a few beers for keeping his Skipper out of there.

**********

This particular Saturday, the club was extremely crowded. Some of the military personnel were on their way home from Iraq and they were on a stop over here in Aviano. None of the SEALs had any military markings on, and usually the uniform of the day was shorts and t-shirts.

Kevin had a hard time picking out any of the conversations, as they all seemed to blend into one loud annoying noise. Neal leaned over towards Kevin, talking loudly in his ear.

"You guys really like coming here? Jesus Dvorska, it looks like a meat market on steroids."

"It's not normally this busy. Just follow me Sir, I'll get us to a table."

"That's why you're the point man stupid," Neal Hawkins said, as he slapped him on his back.

The two of them maneuvered through the crowd, and Kevin saw an open table in the back. He moved quickly and snagged it just before a small band of Army grunts did. They showed their displeasure, but given Kevin's muscular build, they turned and moved towards the bar.

It was just a few moments before Kev saw the team's sniper, Dan Vasquez, leading two members of Charlie's fire team with him. As they all took a seat, V-man leaned over towards his CO.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers