Things Happen For A Reason Ch. 23

Story Info
Darla's funeral. Angel and Buffy meet again.
1.4k words
2.33
12.9k
00

Part 23 of the 25 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 06/21/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angel13
angel13
25 Followers

All things had been arranged for Darla’s funeral. Angel made sure that everything was set to the way he knew Darla would have wanted it. She was a perfectionist in her own way. So Angel had her favorite flowers, which were lilies throughout the funeral home.

At the first row were her parents, other family members, friends and Angel. Everyone was dressed in black with a somber look of sadness across their faces. You could see the pain and grief for the loss of Darla. Lindsay was there as well with tears forming in his eyes. He was so much in love with Darla that the two were planning on marrying in the next two weeks.

So after when everyone had arrived for the wake it was time for Darla’s father, Michael Morgan to say a few words for his daughter.

“Good Afternoon. As you know losing a child is very heartbreaking for any parent to go through. Darla was my girl, my little angle. I know for sure that everyone will miss her dearly,” he said with tears in his eyes.

“So after when everyone has pain their respects, we’ll have a gathering at the house. Then tomorrow after the funeral we’ll have one as well.”

~*~*~*~*~*

All family and friends were gathered in the cemetery standing over Darla’s pale casket. The weather was sunny, but hints of cloudiness that made you wonder if rain was about to occur at any moment. The priest started his words, which made a lasting impact on everyone.

“Darla was brought to this earth and has spread her love to everyone around her. Though she was taken away from her life too early by the unexpected tragedy, she’s in God’s hands. God has taken her and she will live on amongst everyone’s memories.”

So after the father’s last words of ashes to ashes and dust-to-dust, everyone threw their roses at the casket. As roses were thrown tears were streaming down everyone’s faces. A part of Angel wished he had someone here to lean on. He knew that thinking about Buffy over his ex-wife’s grave felt a bit weird, but he wanted her here.

~*~*~*~*~*

Everyone was at the McKeon residence paying their respects to the Morgan family. Each person told both parents how much they loved Darla and giving their condolences. Though not too many of them went towards Angel. Darla apparently made comments about Angel, which caused tension.

“Can you believe him? He actually had some nerve attending the funeral,” said the blonde lady.

“I know. Though do you actually believe those tears? He was glad that she’s dead,” said the brunette lady.

Angel had overheard both of the women and turned his head to look at them. His brown eyes became even darker and glared at the two women that said don’t fuck with me. He may have his problems, but he never expected her to die.

“You have something to say to me? “ Angel looked at both women and waited for a response. Both of the women didn’t say anything at all.

“I thought so. It’s none of your business about my relationship with Darla. You’re here to pay your respects and remember all the good memories you with her.” He then got up and left.

~*~*~*~*~*

The crowd of people at eh house began to diminish and Angel was left all alone with his dog Bertha Blue. He had his legs kicked up on the table, with his black tie loosened and Bertha Blue’s head on his lap. His hand patted his dog’s head just relaxing and was glad that he was alone. Then as he sat on his sofa being all relaxed the bell rang.

‘Who else could it be? Everyone already came. I so don’t need any company.’

As he opened the door the last person that he expected was his blonde beauty Buffy.

“Buffy,” he said with a small on his face.

“That would be me,” she said smiling back. Bertha decided to stop the intimate moment between the two and started barking.

“Hey there girl. How are you?” Buffy said kneeling down petting Angel’s dog.

“Come on in Buffy. I was just about to head upstairs and take a nap. Would you care to join me?” he said holding out his hand, She placed her hands in his and headed upstairs.

~*~*~*~*~*

They made it inside his bedroom and Buffy sat down on the bed. Angel took of his jacket and placed it behind the chair. He then took off his tie and unbuttons the top button and then sat right next to Buffy. Angel placed hi hand on her knee lightly letting his thumb graze over her skin.

“I missed you Buffy,” he said looking into those green eyes that he loved so much.

“I missed you too,” she said and placed her hand on the top of his.

“I’ve called to tell you that…”

“I know. I know everything. I heard about your divorce and then later Darla’s death.”

“Yeah.” He removed his hand from her knee and went to touch her stomach. As his hand caressed her stomach he felt a slight bulge and was surprised.

“You’re pregnant?” ‘So she’s moved on without me. I guess I’m really late to take her back.’

“Yes,” she said softly.

“So…so who’s the father?” He had to know who the lucky guy was.

“It’s you. Who else would it be?”

“Wow. I’m a dad,” he said smiling. It’s been the first smile that he has had for a long time. He placed his hand by her face cupping it and placed a kiss on her lips. She responded by placing her body closer to his. His lips left hers and slowly made it’s way on the column of her neck. As his tongue was licking her smooth skin, Buffy couldn’t help but moan at he loss of Angel’s touch.

“Angel. Angel, we need to stop,” she said softly.

“No,” he mumbled against her neck.

“Yes,” she said and pulled him away from her neck.

“Why?” he asked with his brown eyes that always melted her heart.

“Because now isn’t the right time for this. It’s just weird.”

“Okay. But you’ll sleep with me?”

“Sure.”

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel’s parents decided to go see him and wanted to see how he was doing. They had a key to the place.

“Angel, are you here?” called out his father.

“Maybe he’s sleeping Patrick. Why don’t we leave and come back tomorrow?”

“No. We’re heading upstairs.” So they made it to the top step and slowly opened Angel’s bedroom door. His parents weren’t expecting to see a woman in his bed. Angel was in bed with his arm around Buffy’s body. Her head’s on his chest and her hand placed on his chest. They both had serene look on their faces.

“Patrick, we should leave. Let’s not disturb him now.”

“No. Angel, what is the meaning of this?”

“Dad! Mom! What are you two doing here?”

“We came to see you honey.” Angel smiled at his mother.

“Well it’s a good thing that we did. You and your lady friend or whatever she is for you, caused your divorce to Darla.”

“Her name is Buffy. She’s my lover. She’s the woman that I love. Oh, and she isn’t the reason why I divorced Darla.”

“Oh, come one Angel! She is so the reason why you’re not with Darla.”

“No.”

“Well you’re not getting married to her.”

“Yes, I am. She’s the mother of my child. I plan to spend the rest of my life with her,” Angel said seriously. He decided that it was time to stand up to his father.

“I’m going to be a grandmother!” Both men looked at her.

“What?! I’m happy for my Angel,” she said smiling and then looking at Buffy.

“Thanks Mom,” Angel said kissing his mother’s cheek.

“This isn’t over Angel,” Patrick McKeon said seriously.

“Yes, it is Dad. I’m planning to marry and spend the rest of my life with her until I die. So if you don’t want to attend my wedding then it’s fine by me,” Angel said looking at his father straight in the eye.

“Patrick, let’s leave. Angel we’ll se you later.” Angel’s mother escorted her husband out.

Angel turned around and sat next to Buffy. Buffy was in a state of shock at the harsh words that were said between father and son. ‘Did he say marriage? I didn’t remember a proposal.’

“Buffy, you alright?”

“Yeah.” ‘Marriage? Angel wants to marry me!’

angel13
angel13
25 Followers