This Bed of Rose's - DYJ

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JakeRivers
JakeRivers
1,057 Followers

I cut her off with our first passionate kiss. It lasted a long time and when she started wiggling around on my lap I thought we'd better have a cup of coffee.

We talked for a while, both of us gradually settlin' down. We talked of all the things that didn't make it to the letters and I told her my plans. I wasn't going back east again. That night I slept in the barn — it would be too hard on me to sleep on the sofa ... thinkin' about Julie bein' so close.

After breakfast the next morning I took them home in the buggy I'd rented. Her dad had dropped her off and was to have picked her up later in the day.

I started moving forward. I worked for Lance and learned a lot from him. He was really smart and knew the law inside and out. I set aside some of the money I'd got from Rose — enough for me to finish school in Boulder when the law school opened. I started using most of what was left.

I totally remade the farm. I tore down all the outbuildings and started remodeling the house. I made an oversized new kitchen, added a new large bedroom and made the living room bigger. I built a huge new barn. It was all lookin' really nice. Julie went out with her dad one day and cleaned up the rose bushes and planted a few new ones.

The next weekend when I took Julie and the baby out for a picnic I saw a new sign by the gate: "Roseland." Tears came to my eyes and I gave her a big hug for being so understanding.

I became more and more sure about what I wanted to do for Christmas ... except I wanted to do it on Christmas Eve. I wasn't sure that I'd ever want to celebrate anything on Christmas day again. This would make it four years since that awful day that changed my life so much.

I had all the work done on the house by now – it came out wonderful. I wished I could have had a place like that for my mom.

I planned on bringing Julie, her dad and the baby out to stay the night. Now that there were three bedrooms I could do that. We had a nice dinner ... then it was time for presents.

We did the ones for the baby first. I opened the ones from her and her dad then I went into my bedroom and brought out a large bag. While I was in Boston I'd picked up some of the finest clothes for babies in the latest style. I'd talked to a lot of people about what size the baby would be by this time and I'd made sure to get winter clothes.

Julie cried when she saw what I'd done then she put the baby to bed.

We exchanged the rest of the gifts and all I gave Julie was a nice pair of leather gloves. She obviously liked them but was looking around to see if there was anything else – she sure looked disappointed. I decided I'd been mean enough so I reached in my pocket and took out a small box. She was sitting on the horsehide sofa as I kneeled in front of her.

I took the ring from the box and slipped it on her dainty hand.

"Julie, I have loved you forever. Things happened that came between us but I never stopped loving you. Will you be mine, forever, darlin'?"

She threw herself at me and we held each other tightly, both of us laughing.

"Yes, yes, Dutch! I've prayed for this for so long. I'll make you the best wife ever."

I disentangled myself and sat her back on the sofa. Retrieving another large package from my bedroom I had Julie close her eyes while I opened it.

"Okay, Julie, open your eyes."

She gasped, turning pale. I thought she was going to faint. She tentatively touched the silk wedding dress, then took it and ran into her bedroom. She was gone for a long time and came back dressed like she had been. I knew she had tried the wedding dress on but she didn't want me to see her in it.

The dress was off-white silk with a lot of lace. It was made in France and I was assured this was the latest style.

She came over and hugged me, crying again now. "Oh, Dutch, this is the most wonderful present and the most wonderful day of my life."

We went to bed late after the three of us sat around talking.

Later - it must have been around two in the morning - I heard a slight creak as my bedroom door opened, followed by a faint rustling. Julie slid into bed with me, coming close and holding me tightly.

"Oh, Dutch! I love you so much. Your gifts were precious and it was special of you to remember the baby."

We made slow gentle love that just felt right. Julie slipped out as the gray light of a cold Christmas morning dawned. Lying there awake I could feel the pain of that awful day four years ago slipping away. I felt at peace with all that had happened: my parents, my time alone, being taken in by Rose and losing her in such a terrible manner.

In April, Julie and I got married and in late September she presented me with a lovely daughter.

"Dutch, I want to name her Rose. Is that okay? She did so much for you ... and for us."

REPRISE

Now in the autumn of my years, I sit looking at my lovely Julie, our children Dutch and Rose, and our three grandchildren. It's another day of Christmas blessings ... with many memories to reflect upon.

Our son Dutch, lost an arm in that terrible war in France – but at least he came back – so many didn't.

I did go through the first law class at the University of Colorado. We moved into Denver and spent time at the place outside of Julesburg whenever we could.

When I graduated, I formed a partnership with two other students that worked out well. There was a dearth of lawyers in Denver at that time.

Years later I became a judge followed by several terms in the Colorado Legislature. They wanted me to run for the US Senate but I was ready to retire and spend more time at our place in Julesburg with my family.

Many is the time I sit late at night in my office sipping on a brandy remembering Rose. She was a special woman that had been dealt a hard hand by life. She taught me about love and responsibility and gave me the start I had needed. She taught me to be a man.

JakeRivers
JakeRivers
1,057 Followers