This Land Is Mine

Story Info
A stranger finds love in a new place.
11.7k words
4.75
60.5k
47
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TxRad
TxRad
5,917 Followers

When I bought these hundred and sixty odd acres from a friend of mine, I thought I would build a house and raise a few cows. I'd hunt deer and squirrels or fish the nearby lake. That is the way things are usually done in my part of the country.

Central Texas on the other hand is an odd place. There are few minor cities and one major one. It's an area of small towns spotted seemingly at random throughout the woods and fields. The people are friendly and polite enough to traveling strangers and passers through, but if you decide to settle in the area, they don't want to know you until the second or third generation.

They'll accept your kids but then what do children know. I guess they figure children are young enough not to know better and can be trained in the proper ways. Adults on the other hand are set in their ways and seem to want to change the status quo. This can't and won't be tolerated.

To come into this area dead cold was just my bad luck. The fact that I was in the second half of my life, single, and didn't have kids just added to the suspicion of the good people, my neighbors. What they may have thought of me or about me, I still don't really know. By a very few I was welcomed, but most ignored or shunned me.

Now, I'm friendly enough, even out going for the most part, I try to get along with everyone. I patronized the local shops and stores; I had coffee most mornings at the local café. I even had a few beers at the little local bar. I tried to fit in, not to change anything or interfere, just be one of the people who lived here. So much for good intentions.

*****

I don't exactly live in downtown, its fifteen miles by road or eight miles as the crow flies to my place. My nearest neighbor is three or four miles southeast across a thick stretch of woods. The property is roughly T shaped, the hundred acres stretches east to west while the sixty acres juts out of the center to the north. The hundred acres sets across two large creek bottoms, one of which is spring fed. It's covered with mostly old hardwood with several large thickets around the edges.

The sixty acres straddles a high hill and is mostly small fields separated by lines of hardwood trees and cedar. At the highest point near the front gate is the perfect spot for a house. It's well shaded by large oaks and has a tremendous view of the surrounding area and the large lake to the south.

After drilling a water well, installing a septic system, and getting electric power ran the last half-mile into the place, I was ready to build a house. This is where I again ran into difficulties with the local people. Instead of a wood or brick home, I built a red steel loft type barn for a house.

I'd been living in a small camper trailer during this time. Now that I had the shell of my house built, I moved in. I figured on living there while I finished the insides. Once I roughed in the kitchen and bathroom, I put the camper up for sale. An ad in the local paper sold it fairly quickly.

When I went to town for supplies or building materials, I still stopped at the café or bar, depending on the time of day, to try and socialize. Everyone knew about the barn and the sale of the camper, that's how small towns are. Now everyone wanted to know when I would build my house. When I explained I was going to make the metal barn into a house, everyone thought I was a nut. Metal buildings, are shops or barns, maybe a garage, but not a house.

Well, here I am, a middle-aged man with a ponytail and a small goatee, in good shape for my age, single, with no kids or wife, and a nut to boot. The fact that I don't have to go to work every day and seem to be fairly well educated doesn't help the situation a damn bit. Most people probably consider me to be a drug dealer.

The truth is that I split a small Lotto jackpot with two other people a few years back. I'm far from rich, but I do have a comfortable monthly income, enough to get a line of credit from my bank and buy this property. The fact that my bank isn't the local bank is why no one knows my business. Some things I like to keep to myself.

*****

I worked throughout the summer, finishing the ground floor of my new place. It consisted of one large room, thirty-six feet by forty feet. The kitchen occupied the left rear corner, while the bathroom with a six-foot wall on two sides, is in the right rear, with a washroom and the back door in between. The kitchen is separated from the dinning room by a wide counter and the dinning room is separated from the living room by a cedar post "L" shaped railing.

The ceiling is ten feet high at the outside walls and gradually sloped to twelve across the center third of the room. There is a wide ornamental iron, open frame stair starting to the right of the dinning room leading up to the second floor. In the right front corner is a twelve by twenty-guest bedroom, again with the six-foot walls. I liked the idea of the open space layout. The front walls of this bedroom and the living room are mostly glass, so a person could take advantage of the beautiful view, any time they wanted.

The second floor is only twelve feet wide, but forty feet long. I planned to put a master bedroom, bath, and office up there. A deck would be added off the bedroom and office to cover the front and rear lower entrances. The front of the bedroom is glass like the lower floor. The view from up there is even more breathtaking.

I had first thought to do the same with the office, but decided to use two standard windows instead. My reason was simple, anyone driving in here would have an open view into the office, and I wanted to preserve my privacy. I was in no hurry to finish the second floor. I had everything I needed on the first, for right now.

While I was busy with the house, I had a local contractor come out and redo all the property line fences and to add several cross fences. He would stop by to see me from time to time and he really liked the way the house looked, once I got it roughed in. The fact that it looked like a barn on the outside didn't seem to bother him much. I found out later that he was as much an outsider here as I was.

*****

As the weather started to cool off, I wandered the lower hundred acres, checking on the deer that lived there. Over the last five or six months, I had seen many deer in the area and some very nice sized ones at that. I figured that a couple of them in the freezer would give me meat for the rest of the year. Since I'd been raised in the country as a kid, I liked wild game more than I liked store bought meat. Squirrels and rabbits are plentiful in the area and would add variety to my meals.

I needed a shop built, so I contacted the people who had built my barn house and arranged for one of their salesmen to come by and help me figure out what I wanted and needed. The salesman was supposed to be here around noon on Wednesday. I had planned on going into town to look at four-wheelers early that morning but I got a late start. I ended up buying a nice two hundred cc bike, but the dealer made a big deal about the out of town bank handling the financing. After several phone calls and two trips to the local bank for wire transfers, I finally got the bike loaded and headed for home. I ended up paying cash for it.

It was a quarter to one by the time I pulled into the yard beside the house. I hadn't seen a car when I pulled in, so I figured the salesman had given up on me and left. I was unloading the four-wheeler, using a couple of scrap pieces of two by twelve as ramps, when I saw a jeep coming up the old road from the bottom. I was all set to chew some major ass, as I figured it was some local yokel, trespassing.

Many people had used this land over the years for hunting, as the dentist that owned it lived several hundred miles away. With the new fences, there were hundreds of new "No Trespassing" and "No Hunting" signs, so I thought that the word was out to everyone about the new ownership of the place.

As the jeep stopped next to my truck, I saw that a woman was driving. When she got out of the vehicle, all thoughts of ass chewing took on a completely new meaning. From her hiking boots to the faded blue Jean cutoffs she wore, was about a mile of the most beautiful long legs I had ever seen. The cutoffs were well filled, with a bare flat stomach, above that. The sleeveless crop top she had on was hot pink and vee necked. The cleavage displayed by the vee wasn't large, but it was in keeping with the rest of her long slender body.

I just stood there taking her in, with my mouth open. I was leaned into the bike as it slowly rolled down the boards. It was picking up speed and my mind wouldn't let loose of the girl long enough for me to find the brake handle.

A smile was playing around the corners of her mouth as she saw my expression. Then she realized I was about to lose the bike. Quickly she ran over and grabbed a hold of the handlebars, slowing it and breaking the spell my mind was under. I clamped down on the brake handle and it slowed even more. It was now sliding on the boards, but it was under control once again. I eased up on the brake as the rear tires touched the ground and let it roll back until it was completely off the boards.

"Are you all right?" She asked. Not waiting for an answer she continued, "I should have stayed in the jeep until you had it unloaded, but I didn't know I was going to have that kind of effect on you."

I kicked the bike into gear so it wouldn't roll any more and looked up at her. The half smile was back, playing around the corners of her mouth. Sea green eyes locked onto my brown ones for a second and the smile bloomed. I felt myself grinning like the idiot I was.

"Hi," she said, "I'm Linda and I'm here to help you pick out a shop." When I didn't say anything and continued to stare at her, she added, "You weren't here when I arrived, so I took a little drive down through your place. I hope you don't mind."

'It's a question and it requires an answer.' My mind told me. I blinked twice and said, "No. I don't mind at all." I was still staring but the grin was now gone.

She took a deep breath and turned to look around the place. "Where do you think you want to build your shop?" She asked.

With eye contact broken, my mind shifted gears and I said, "I'm not sure. I don't want it too close to the house, but close enough so I can run water and electric to it."

Looking around, she asked, "House?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "I'm getting used to that question. The barn in front of you is actually my house."

She cocked her head to the side and grinned, before she said, "I should have known that. Not many barns have glass fronts on them." She paused looking around again and asked, "Well then, let's start with a size."

That, I had an answer for. "I think thirty by forty will be about right. I need room for a boat, the four-wheeler, maybe a car, and then room to work on stuff."

She nodded as she continued to look around. As she started to walk around the front of the house, I followed her. She glanced through the dark glass front as she walked past it but didn't stop, or say anything.

Once we were on the other side of the house, she stopped and looked around. After a moment she asked, "Were you planning on using it for a garage also?"

I thought a moment and replied, "No, not really, but I do need somewhere to park out of the weather."

She grinned and said, "That one is easy. We add a slab and a kick out on this side of the house. It will look like a part of the main building if we enclose the ends. That will also put your truck and whatever else you park there, out of sight from the driveway. That has good value as security and privacy. No one will know whether you're home or not."

"I like that," I said, "If we do that, then the shop would fit nicely into those cedars over there. The cedars would hide it partially and the big oak would give me afternoon shade. That would keep it cooler in the summer."

Linda walked over to and then around the small cedar thicket. Once again, I found myself studying her body. She was around five foot nine, but mostly legs. Her long stride caused her ass to sway sharply back and forth, as her hips moved from side to side. She walked on the ball of her foot but without the normal bounce. It was fascinating to watch.

When she went out of sight behind the trees, I found myself wondering, what it would be like with those long legs wrapped around me. When my manhood gave a twitch and started to harden, I dropped that thought quickly and went back around the house for a tape measure.

I returned to find Linda pacing off the distance the carport would stick out. I grinned and said, "Here let's try this. It'll be a little more accurate."

She laughed and took the tape from me. "Now why didn't I think of that? Here, hold it to the corner of the barn, I mean house, while I see where it will go to. We'll need twenty four feet, plus about ten feet for the driveway and turn around." The fifty-foot tape didn't quite reach the cedars and she said, "There's plenty of room here. I do want to measure the shop layout, so I can tell if it will fit without a lot of clearing. I'd hate to have to take down any of those beautiful trees."

As I followed her down past the row of cedars I said, "We think alike on that. So far, I've only had to take out a couple of small trees and some brush. I like keeping things as natural as possible."

We spent a half hour moving the four sticks around to mark the corners of the shop. At last, Linda started to roll up the tape, saying, "It will fit nicely right here, and the only thing we'll have to do, is to trim one limb on that big oak. Is that ok with you?"

Nodding, I walked back toward the front of the house and then a little farther down the hill. I turned and looked back to where the shop would stand. Linda came with me and stood looking as I did. I glanced at her and said, "It looks good from here, in my minds eye anyway. Let's see what it looks like from the gate."

"Ok, let's take the jeep."

I grinned and replied, "Hey, I have a new four-wheeler, let's try it out."

With a laugh she said, "I don't know about that. Do you ride it any better than you unload it?"

"Riding won't be a problem. The distraction that caused my problems earlier will be behind me and out of sight," I said softly, almost to myself.

She laughed and said, "I'll take that as a compliment." Glancing sideways at me she added, "Ok, I'm game to try anything, at least once."

I grinned to myself as we climbed on the bike. The ride up to the gate was uneventful, but I was wrong about not being distracted by her. Although she wasn't sitting right up against me, I could still feel her body close by, her hands were on my hips and her thighs, and knees were touching me.

At the gate, I turned and headed us back toward the house. At the first clear spot from where I could see the place, I stopped and sat there looking. I tried to picture what it would look like with the addition and the shop.

Linda leaned forward and said, "I think it will look great."

I had come to the same conclusion, but I was in no hurry to say so. I was enjoying the feel of her against my back. Finally, I nodded and said, "So do I. When can they start work?"

She paused a moment and then said, "I can have a crew out here tomorrow afternoon to frame up for the slabs and have the cement poured on Friday. That will give it the weekend to cure before they start construction."

I nodded again and said, "Ok, let's do it."

I started the bike and slowly drove back toward the house. About halfway back, she leaned against me and asked, "What color do you want on the Shop? The same as the barn, I mean house?"

Thoughts of colors and her warmth, chased each other around in my brain for a second or two before I asked, "Do you think the red would look good or should it be another color?"

She continued to lean against me as she thought about it and then replied, "Yeah, I think the flat red will look good. It'll tie everything together, but it won't be overpowering." I nodded as we rode on toward the house.

I parked the bike by the front door and asked her as we got off, "Will I need to come into the office to do the paperwork like last time?"

She laughed and replied, "No, I can fill it all out right here and now. I'll have to call to confirm some prices and to make sure we can start on it tomorrow. Other than that, it's a done deal. Before I left to come out here, my boss told me that whatever you wanted was already pre-approved. Let me get my brief case and phone."

*****

As we went in the house, Linda was looking around. I led the way to the dinning room table and indicated for her to take a seat. She laid her briefcase and phone on the table and looked around some more. "Hey, I like this. It could use a few more windows but other than that, it's really nice."

"Thank you." I replied and added, "I considered adding windows on the side walls but haven't figured out how to blend them into the buildings outside appearance."

She thought about that for a moment and then said, "Maybe you could make them look like stall doors. You know, with the bottom half shut and the top of the door open. The top would actually be a window."

I grinned as a picture of what she described flashed across my mind. "Damn, why didn't I think of that? It's so simple." I was thoughtful for a second and then added, "I wonder if the open door could be done in such a way as to be used as a shutter; maybe even where you could open and close it from the inside."

Linda laughed and said, "Boy, you want it all don't you. I don't have an answer to that one but it shouldn't be hard. A hand crank or an electric motor, like a gate opener might work."

I looked at her and grinned as I said, "You're one smart lady. I'll have to figure out something to repay you for your ideas."

She looked at me for a second and then started to say something but changed her mind.

"Ok, what is it? You were going to say something but didn't. Go ahead, you might be surprised by my answer."

She grinned and shook her head slightly. "I don't know you well enough yet, maybe later when we know each other better."

"Ok, just remember, I owe you," I said and sat down at the table. She joined me and it took the better part of an hour to get all the paperwork done. She made her calls and work would begin the next morning.

With the papers signed and in her briefcase, she stood up and stretched up on her toes, her arms high over her head. The short blouse rode up high enough to show about the lower half inch of her breasts. I grinned and admired her body from head to toe again. I also noted her great tan and the fact that there were no bikini lines on the parts of her breasts that I had glimpsed.

She finished her stretching, saw me looking at her, and smiled. "I get stiff when I sit to long. At the office in town, I'm always behind a desk and when I get a chance to get out in the field and do something, I still end up doing paperwork. If I didn't workout and watch what I ate, I'd be as big as a house. Actually, I was at one time and I hated it."

"I find that hard to believe," I said. "You're one good looking lady and in a hell of a lot better shape than I am."

"Thanks. It takes a lot of work to stay in shape," she said, looking around my house again. "You've done quite a bit of work around here; I can't get over how great a house this place makes. Can I get the fifty cent tour?"

"Sure," I said and showed her the bathroom, laundry room and guest bedroom. She asked about the short walls and I explained the fact that I liked the open concept and that it let the air circulate freely.

"What's up there?" She asked pointing to the iron staircase.

TxRad
TxRad
5,917 Followers