Thorne Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,663 Followers

"Before I tell you, I want you to promise me something."

"What is it?" Leon asked.

"Try to make sure that Harry doesn't get away again."

The request surprised him since she had been trying to get him to let it go.

"You're going to go whether I want you to or not" Nadine said by way of explanation. "If you have to kill anyone, it needs to be Harry. The others fed from me, but he was the one who turned, raped me and was going to leave me for dead. You'll know him when you see him. William and Albert are a few inches taller, but Harry doesn't look right. I can't explain it any clearer than that. I also want you to promise that you'll be careful and if it comes to a choice of letting Harry go and you coming home to me, let him go."

Leon hesitated and then agreed.

"I'll agree only because I don't want you to be left alone, but Dina; they're dead. Even if Harry does get away, his days are numbered. I will find him."

Nadine nodded, kissed Leon on cheek and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I say that we skip lunch and find our room" Leon said nuzzling her head.

"I'm okay" Nadine said. "I was just shocked."

"I know that you're alright" Leon said "But I still want to go look for a room before the good ones are taken."

"Leon, look at this house" Nadine said laughing. "Does it look like there's a bad room anywhere?"

"Alright, let me rephrase" Leon said. "I want to find a room as far away from everyone else as possible. Do you get my meaning?"

"I think I do" Nadine said as she stood and held out her hand.

They quickly found a room that they both liked. They were barely inside the room before Leon had Nadine on the bed pinned under him. For just a second, she tensed and then relaxed; but Leon noticed. He hadn't thought about how the revelation of who the vampires were would affect their love life.

"Baby..."

"I'm alright..."

"No you're not" Leon said. "I felt you tense. Now talk to me."

"I thought that you wanted to make love" Nadine said wiggling against him as she slipped her hands under his shirt.

Leon moaned when she tweaked his nipples and then ran her fingernails over the hardened tips.

"We need to talk" he replied even as he ground against her.

"What I need is for you to make love with me" Nadine said. "Then we'll talk."

Normally, Leon liked to take his time and undress Nadine in the human way; but now he felt an urgency that he couldn't explain. In seconds they were both naked. Leon kissed her neck, grazed a fang across the pulse and then bit hard enough to draw blood. He really didn't understand why he did it, only that he needed to. He felt Nadine's legs open wider so that his cock rested between her vaginal lips. He groaned into her neck when she began grinding against him and bit again.

"You are mine" he thought to her.

He slid inside of her, paused to catch his breath and began to slowly pump in and out of her. He maintained control until Nadine rose up and bit just above his left nipple and began to drink from him. Leon moaned loudly as he felt his balls tighten up against him. He crushed her against him as his seed traveled from his sac, up his cock and shot into Nadine. Even so, he kept thrusting until she came not once, but twice.

"Now talk to me" He said after they recovered.

***

Barb watched Leon and Nadine with a mixture of emotions. Jealousy, anger and an emotion that she pushed away ran through her. She turned around to go back into the kitchen and saw Celeste watching her.

"Hey there, I'm sorry if I scared you."

Celeste didn't answer her, but turned around and went back to the kitchen.

Celeste's reaction bothered Barb. While it was true that she was never close to the girl, Celeste had always returned her greeting with a shy "hello". Barb shrugged it off attributing her reaction to upset over the upheaval and adjusting to a new life.

She went to the kitchen where Celeste sat at the table with Wanda, Victor and Victoria. None of the children looked at her even though they knew that she was there. A feeling of disquiet filled Barb. Wanda always spoke to her no matter how rude she had been and Victor always gave her a smile that reminded her of her father.

"Hey guys" she said deciding to speak first.

Celeste didn't look at her. Wanda gave her a brief glance and spoke to her. Victor gave her a ghost of the smile that she usually got and Victoria glared at her.

"Are you ready for something to eat?" Louise asked pulling Barb's attention away from the kids.

"Have you been badmouthing me or something?" Barb asked.

"What? Of course not!" Louise replied.

"Then why are they acting like that?" Barb demanded.

"Maybe it's because of the way that you're acting" Louise said. "They may be children, but they aren't stupid."

"What are you talking about?" Barb asked. "I'll concede that I shouldn't have approached Kevyn the way I did, but it's more than that."

"Yes, you're right" Louise said. "When we got here did you greet them? Did you do anything to make them feel welcome? No you didn't. You immediately got in Kevyn's face about a matter that they're too young to hear about. And now you wonder why they aren't responding to you as they normally do?"

Louise stopped talking as her hands flew to her mouth. The urge to vomit hit her so suddenly that it took her breath away. Accompanying the feeling of nausea was a feeling of sadness so intense that it brought tears to her eyes. Nathan quickly walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her. He almost vanished from the kitchen, but at the last moment remembered that Juliette's children were there. They hadn't been told about what Hans and the rest of them were yet.

"Let's get you to bed" he said without sparing Barb a glance.

"What's wrong?" Kevyn asked as soon as she saw Nathan.

"I'm ok" Louise said. "I just got a little nauseated."

"Are you sure?" Kevyn asked as she got closer. "You look a little green around the gills."

"I'm good; can you get me a glass of juice?"

Nathan led her to a chair even though he felt that she needed a bed.

"Are you sure that you're alright?" he asked searching her face for any signs of duress.

"I'm fine" she assured him. "And the baby is fine too so don't call Gretchen."

"Louise..."

"Don't call her. I'll take a nap after I eat something."

"Do I have your word on that?" Nathan asked.

"Yes, now go back to your meeting... oh wait, take some sandwiches with you. I'm sure that Patrick and the others are about to start eating the furniture."

Barb watched Louise and Nathan and experienced the same feelings she had when she saw Nadine and Leon together. It was then that she realized that Nadine wasn't in the kitchen. She had a flash of insight, but before she could grasp it; she was distracted by hands on her stomach. She was going to slap them away until she realized who the hands belonged to.

Celeste watched Barb as she talked to Louise. Before she could pull her shields closer around her, a blast of sadness and fear hit her. It took her a few seconds to realize where it was coming from. While everyone's attention was on Louise; Celeste left the table and approached Barb. Her small hands were on Barb's stomach before anyone realized that she was there. When Barb looked down at her, Celeste saw anger in her eyes that was quickly replaced by surprise.

"Why is your baby so sad and scared?" she asked. "Why are you always so sad and mad?"

****

William stood in the shadows across from the club. It wasn't a good place for him to be, but his hope was that he would find some clue as to where Olivia had been taken. He knew that he should have left along with the others, but he just couldn't leave her. He didn't care that she had probably given them all up. They had been existing on borrowed time anyway. He kicked himself for not realizing that Harry has been the one to kill the girl. To be fair, he hadn't killed in years and then it was because the girl reminded him of Nadine. That was always the reason for why he killed.

Coming here for vacation had been a mistake. He tried to warn Olivia, but she had made up her mind. He also knew what her father was doing and wondered why she didn't see it. Maybe she did, he thought to himself. It occurred to him that Olivia was unlike any other hunter that he had ever worked with. She hadn't seemed to enjoy the job and had only done the minimum number of attacks. Even those were half-assed and went against her father's strict directives that no one be spared. She had refused to allow the killing of children or any pregnant females.

As with Harry, he wondered why he didn't see it sooner. Olivia didn't want this life. She didn't like vampires, but was going through the motions for self-preservation. She didn't want to kill anyone. It surprised him that he was having these sudden flashes of insight about her. Suddenly, he understood something about himself. He had been and was in love with Olivia Saunders.

"Shit" he swore under his breath.

His vision sharpened when he saw two men walking toward the club. He recognized them as hunters that belonged to one of the most sadistic groups that he knew of. They didn't just kill their targets, they tortured them to death. The sex and age didn't matter although he had heard that they were relatively gentle with the children.

These two hunters had an uncanny way of finding their prey and it was Harry who had figured it out.

"They're wolves" He said. "Think about it. No human would be able to pick out a vampire so easily. And I'll tell you something else; Saunders isn't going to stop with the extermination of the vampire race. He'll have every species he has working under him turn on each other and then he'll finish us off after we've decimated each other."

Harry had been right. The hunters were wolves, but not only that; there were entire crews made up of wolves. Even the leaders were wolves. Saunders wasn't stupid. He was giving them a false sense of security. Ever since that conversation, William had been questioning their involvement with Saunders more and more. The questioning had actually started long before that, but had been nothing more than little niggles of a guilty conscience.

He realized that he was now skating on the edge of what would be considered treason by his family and a breach of contract by Rufus. For the first time he wondered if it was possible to just slip away and never see his family or another hunter again. He also dared to hope that just maybe Olivia cared for him a little. She felt good in his arms-it was as if she belonged there and he had felt no revulsion on her part when they danced. She had been surprised when he warned her about Harry.

The hunters had stopped and were beginning to look in his direction. William vanished before they fully caught his scent. Instead of going back to the condo in Palm Springs, he vanished from place to place trying to figure out what he was going to do. When dawn approached, he began to look for shelter. It didn't take him long to realize that he needed to go to an area where he knew there were no other vampires. The Hunters wouldn't go there and if they lived there, they would be on the streets looking for his family and Olivia. Just before the sun rose, William was in a home that was under construction in a new residential area.

The good thing was that it was a weekend so there would be no workers to contend with. Just to be safe, William silently moved through the partially built house looking for anyone who had the same idea he did. Finding no one, he went to the unfinished basement and curled up in a corner to rest. Rest didn't come easily. He wracked his brain to come up with an idea where to begin to look for Olivia. Finding her was just the beginning. He had to think of where he could hide her from both his family and her father. In that moment, he knew that he had chosen Olivia. He was well aware that Olivia, while attracted to him might never be able to get over what she had been taught about his kind. Realizing that he was jumping ahead, he pulled his thoughts back to the issue at hand-finding her.

He found himself grateful that he was a planner. Financially, he was very well off. He had invested and saved his portion of the money they made working for the hunters under a completely different name and in offshore accounts. Not even his family knew that he was financially set up. He had no idea of where they stood financially and he never asked. Asking meant that he would have to divulge information that he didn't want to share.

The other thing that his family didn't know about him was that he had a place completely off the grid. It was something that he had encouraged them to do and let the subject drop when they balked at the idea. If push came to shove, he could take Olivia there while they figured out their options. The problem was getting her there and if she would even go with him.

"Damn you Harry" he swore under his breath.

If Harry hadn't killed the human girl, they wouldn't be in the mess that they were in, but then; it was only a matter of time before something happened. He closed his eyes and wondered where he could rent a car that wasn't close to the city. Palm Springs was out of the question, he had to go further away. San Diego was further away but very doable.

He took out his cell phone and then stopped. Any calls that he made would be traced. In effect, his phone was useless. William held the phone in his fist and crushed it until it was nothing more than small pieces of plastic and the battery dust. He planned to leave as soon as it was dark enough to buy a disposable phone. From there he would go to San Diego, rent a car and drive back. He also needed to find another place to stay.

He briefly thought about going to the house. It was the first place that would have been searched. But then, he didn't know where Rufus was. With his luck, Rufus would be staying at the house. He wondered how he could make that work for him. Slowly, a plan began to form.

***

"I'm not mad" Barb said with a smile that she hoped looked sincere. "I'm just worried about your mom and aunts."

Celeste tipped her head to the side as she always did when she had a question.

"Celeste honey, why don't you finish your snack" Juliette said as she put her hands on her shoulders.

Celeste didn't move for several seconds. Her hands still rested on Barb's belly as she looked up at her.

"He's sad and scared" she repeated. "He wants to know why you don't like him."

Barb stumbled backwards as if she had been shoved and stared at Celeste. By this time, Kevyn and Louise were standing beside Juliette and Celeste.

"Celeste baby, put your shields up" Louise said softly. "Do it now."

Tears ran down Celeste's face as she turned around and threw her arms around Juliette's waist. No one spoke as Juliette led Celeste from the kitchen. Wanda, Victor and Victoria followed without being told. As she passed Barb, Victoria gave her a glare that reminded her of the look that Veronica had given her several weeks before.

Barb stared back at her refusing to be intimidated by a child, but Celeste- Celeste had scared her. The little girl had scared her more than anything else that had happened to her. Seeing Celeste's tears triggered the memory that she had of Louise earlier, except that this time; there was no sense of relief.

"Sweetheart?" Nathan called telepathically.

"I'm alright...Is Leon with you?"

"He just got here" Nathan replied.

"Do me a favor and send him to Celeste, she needs him."

"I'll tell him, but Lou are you sure that you're alright?" Nathan asked.

"I'm fine and it's time for a long overdue talk with my sister" she replied.

She turned to look at Katrina and Rachel.

"I'm sorry, but could you please excuse us while we talk with our sister?"

Barb didn't speak as she listened to Louise make apologies. Her heart pounded as she heard the same thing in Louise's voice as she heard in Thorne's voice- she had had enough.

"I think that I'd better lay down" Barb said. "I guess I'm a little grouchy."

"We talk now" Louise said. "This has gone on long enough. If you would like to talk while you lie in bed, I have no problem with that and I'm sure that Kevyn and Juliette won't either."

"There's nothing to talk about!" Barb snapped. "And I don't know what Celeste was talking about..."

"Yes you do" Louise said interrupting her. "Now, where are we going to talk?"

Barb blinked. This was a Louise that she didn't know. She had seen a hint of it at her engagement party, but this was more than a hint. This was a woman who while still quiet, had confidence in herself. She was looking at a woman who had no regrets and was happy and would have been even if she was still working at the grocery store just as long as Nathan was with her.

Barb looked over at Kevyn who hadn't spoken and realized the same thing was true of her. She suspected the same was true for Juliette and Leon. None of them had been afraid of hard work and worked for everything that they had. In fact, Kevyn was in school and still planned to work as a nurse. Louise was planning to open a restaurant and Leon was learning architecture- a new career for him. She on the other hand was doing nothing other than planning how to spend Thorne's money. When she realized this, she reacted as she always did- with a sharp tongue.

"I'm not talking to any of you" she said. "All you want to do is gloat and I don't want to hear it. When this is..."

"Barb... we're going to talk" Juliette said from behind her. "I'm sick of this and you know that this isn't what mom and dad wanted. Not only that, now it's affecting the kids."

"Oh and I suppose they would be happy knowing that their daughters married into a family of rapists?" Barb retorted. "And kids are supposed to be resilient aren't they?"

"Since when have you ever cared about what mom and dad wanted or needed?" Kevyn asked. "It's always been about you. Even now you haven't asked about Celeste. I agree with Juliette and Lou, it's time to deal with our issues while we're here together. If at the end of it you don't ever want to talk to or see us again, then fine; but we will talk."

"Oh I see," Barb said, "The three of you ganging up on me, but alright, we'll talk and after we're done- we're done."

Adrianna stood outside of the kitchen listening and shook her head in confusion. After her capture and rescue from Rufus Saunders, it had taken months for anyone, and that included her parents to speak to her. She had actually questioned if they still loved her. She would have given anything to have had a family that was willing to accept and forgive her as Barb's family apparently was willing to do so easily. All the bitch had to do was give a little. Her family was willing to fight for her and the stupid bitch wouldn't or couldn't see it. She meant it when she said that she felt sorry for the baby.

She also felt for Celeste. That the girl was powerful was obvious. Adrianna had no doubt that when Celeste was an adult; she was going to be a force to be reckoned with. She stepped back as Barb, followed by her sisters left the kitchen and went to the library. She knew that there were guards below the window of the library and she took up a post outside of the closed door.

Once inside the library, Barb sat down and waited. Her mind was already wandering as she had no interests in what her sisters were going to say.

***

Olivia left the bathroom after a few minutes and joined Benita in the small room just outside of it.

"I had some food brought in for you" Benita said. "I don't know what you like to eat so I had a salad and something to drink brought in."

Once again Olivia was surprised at the way in which she was being treated.

"Not all of us are cruel to our prisoners" Benita said when she saw Olivia's surprise. "Can you say the same?"

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,663 Followers