Thorne Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

"Dina?" Leon said when he came into the bedroom. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine," she lied. "I just had a bad dream."

'You're lying," Leon said. "I believe that you had a bad dream, but you're lying about being fine."

Nadine sighed. She knew that if she told him that Harry was now actively looking for her, he would take off half-cocked. She needed his promise that he wouldn't do anything rash.

"Make love to me and I'll tell you," she said as she removed her sweat drenched night shirt.

Leon hesitated but his libido took over. He stripped, got into the bed and pulled Nadine close.

"Baby you're shaking."

Nadine burrowed into his body, kissed his neck and then bit hard enough to draw blood. It was a sure way to get Leon to stop talking and to do what she wanted and needed. It had the desired effect. Leon moaned and pulled her on top of him. Nadine straddled his hips, rose up and slammed herself down on Leon so hard that his breath left him with a whoosh.

Leon was caught by surprise and took a few seconds to recover. In one move he had her beneath him and was pounding into her. He covered her mouth with his taking in her breath and screams. It was during the last screeching scream that he emptied into her.

Afterwards, as they recovered; he wondered what had her so upset.

"Tell me what's going on," he said his tone firm.

"Before I tell you, I want your promise that you won't do anything stupid," Nadine said. 'If you can't make that promise, then I'm not telling you."

"Dina-"

"I mean it," Nadine said.

"Alright! I promise," Leon said after trying for several minutes to get Nadine to talk to him.

"Harry is looking for me."

"What?!" Leon asked jumping out of the bed. "Where is the son of a bitch?"

"I don't know for sure, but he's not that far away," Nadine replied. "Even if I did know, I wouldn't tell you. You would forget the promise that you just made me and go after him alone. Leon, come sit down."

Leon sat on the bed clearly angry.

"One of the things that I love about you is the way in which you stand up for your family," Nadine said rubbing his shoulders. "But Leon, you are a new vampire-strong but still new. You wouldn't stand a chance against Harry especially if the others are with him. Not even Nathan or Patrick would go up against them alone and they're old. I know that you're going to go after him and I know that nothing that I say is going to stop you. I just want you to stop and think before you go looking for him alone. Think about me being left here alone because if you die, then I'm going to die too. There would be no reason for me to continue to exist."

"Nadine-"

"I mean it Leon," Nadine said. "And don't think that I don't know that you're hoping that I'll get pregnant so that I'll have someone in case something happens to you. If something does happen, it'll be because you tried to do things alone. I swear that if anything happens to you I will never forgive you. Now you promise me that you will let the others help you."

Leon sighed. He understood what Nadine was saying and after a few minutes decided that she was right.

"Alright, I promise," he finally said, "But Dina, he dies and you can't make me change my mind on that."

"I know; that's why I didn't mention it. What will you do about the others?"

"I don't know, but Harry is the one that I want. If the others cross my path I will kill them too."

Relieved that she had gotten Leon's promise, Nadine relaxed. When she had a moment, she planned to talk to Hans. It wasn't that she didn't believe Leon; she knew that if he saw Harry, he would forget his promise to her. She moved from behind him to straddle his lap earning a low moan from him when she wiggled against his erection. Leon bent his head down, kissed her and then took a dark nipple into his mouth. Nadine let out a soft sigh as she ground against him. Not wanting to miss the chance of possibly impregnating her, Leon lifted her and eased her onto his cock that was wet with her juices. A few short, hard and fast thrusts later, Leon was emptying into Nadine. She collapsed against his chest with her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

*****

Harry was restless and hungry. He made a snack and looked at the units of blood that Nell had taken out of the freezer to thaw out. He knew that he should be satisfied with one of them, but he wanted to feel a warm body pressed against him as he fed. He stood at the door and reached out with his senses. Maybe there was someone home alone in one of the other condos. A woman would be preferable, but he wouldn't be choosy.

The only thing he heard was a television playing from the condo two doors down. He slipped out of his condo and appeared in the bedroom of the condo where the television was playing. He could hear someone in the shower: a man. He cursed his luck that it wasn't a woman and then reminded himself to be grateful. Finding food had been much easier than he anticipated. He walked to the sound of the running water keeping his ears tuned for anything that sounded out of place. As he approached the shower, it wasn't the sound that attracted his attention- it was the smell. It was wrong- it wasn't human.

It took him several seconds to place the scent. It was the smell of a wet wolf. Harry cursed his luck and vanished just as the shower stopped running. He appeared in the condo not quite believing his bad luck. He decided to stay in and make do with the bagged blood as unappetizing as it was. He opened a bag, looked at it in distaste and poured it into a glass. Grimacing, he put the glass of blood into the microwave to warm.

As he waited, his thoughts drifted to Nadine and the night that she had almost killed him. As always the scar on his chest itched and burned when he thought of that night. He conveniently forgot that everyone had tried to warn him of the fact that Nadine wasn't his- he wanted her. He also conveniently forgot the fact that he had turned her and was going to leave her to die after he had one last turn at her. Harry jumped when he felt a brief, intense stab of fear that didn't belong to him. She knew that he was coming for her.

****

Louise stood in the shower letting the hot water run over her while Nathan stood behind her washing her back. When he was through, he pulled her back into him, placed his hands on her swollen belly.

"Have I told you how proud I am of you?" he whispered in her ear.

Louise was about to answer when she froze. It wasn't a feeling of dread as much as it was a warning. A moment later, she saw a solitary figure. She was confused. All of her previous visions all of the crew were in them.

"They've separated," she murmured.

Nathan turned off the shower, wrapped a towel around Louise and led her to the bedroom listening as she murmured under her breath. There were times that she didn't remember what she said and he became her live tape recorder.

"Only one of them means us harm-no-not us.... Nadine. Where is she?"

Louise started to get up, but Nathan held her in place.

"She's here with all of us," Nathan said softly. "Sweetheart-"

"What? Oh I'm ok," Louise said leaning back into him. "I just got a little disoriented."

"Are you sure that you're alright?" Nathan asked.

"I'm fine, just tired- did I say anything important?"

"You mentioned that they separated which we assumed, but you also said that only one of them means us harm, then you specifically said Nadine's name."

"I know which of them killed that girl at the club. It's the one named Harry. Nathan, he's looking for Nadine. And if I know then so does she."

"Were you able to tell where he is?" Nathan asked.

"No, but he isn't far away."

"What about the others?"

"I don't know why I can't feel them unless it's because they aren't an immediate threat. But I think that they've separated."

"I'm sure that Leon knows by now," Nathan said. "I need to talk to him and Hans as soon as possible. Why don't you lie down and take a nap while I do that? I'll bring dinner back with me. Do you have any requests?"

"No, whatever you bring is fine," Louise replied.

After Nathan left, Louise thought about Barb. Was she as scared as the rest of them were? Even Katrina was scared and she had been living in the vampire world for almost thirty years. She reminded herself that this was a much different situation than the one with Bradford. He was only one, but now they were facing many.

Her mind began to spin with thoughts of the men going out in search of Rufus, the thought that some of them might not come back and what she would do if Nathan was one of those who didn't return. She struggled with something else as well. In all of her life she had never deliberately hurt anyone. She had just spent the evening asking a daughter to help in the betrayal and assassination of her father.

She heard the pain in Olivia's voice when she spoke with her father. She heard the sadness when it finally sunk in that her father was going to kill her no matter what happened. Part of her felt guilty, but part of her didn't. She simply did what had to be done in order to save the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people.

Louise turned on her side, whispered a prayer and closed her eyes. She didn't expect Nathan back anytime soon. She was almost asleep when there was a tap on the door.

****

Olivia couldn't believe it. Her father was really going to kill her. That was the only reason he was looking for her-that and it would send a clear message to both sides. The idea that he was willing to kill her made her think about her mother. Had her father wanted her killed? If he did, then the question was why. Then she thought that she had the answer. Every so often there would be murmurings about ending the war with the vampires. Whenever it came up and didn't die out on its own, something happened to renew the old hatred. She thought back to the time when her mother was killed. She couldn't remember hearing anything, but she was young. Her mind was on boys and the next party.

Even though she couldn't remember, she knew that she was right. He had known that the vampires would bring her mother as a bargaining chip. He had set up her mother just as he had set her up and like her mother, she was going to die. She wondered who he would get to do it. He wouldn't do it himself, but then; maybe he would. It would show that he would do anything to protect the human race. He would use her captivity as a way to keep the anti-vampire sentiment and the war going.

Her father, she realized was insane, but could she kill him? He was still her father and to some degree he had loved her, but she couldn't allow him to continue what he was doing. She didn't know what to do. It struck her as odd that she was safe with the very people that she had been hunting. She lay on the couch and closed her eyes to think. She thought about William and hoped that he was somewhere safe. The others she could care less about, especially Harry.

Time was getting short and she needed to make a decision. The idea of taking her father's position didn't sit any better than it had before, but... she could initiate changes. Maybe they wouldn't have to kill him. Maybe he would compromise she thought. At least he deserved the chance to decide.

It came to her that she had decided. She was going to help overthrow her father. She hoped that he wouldn't have to be killed, but she knew that it was inevitable; he would die before agreeing to a compromise of any kind with the vampires.

****

Travis sat at the table long after William left debating over his decision to help him. It was true that he owed him a favor, and his hands hadn't lied. The hands never did. He thought about going back on his word, but that was something that he had never done in his life. Finally, after more self-debate, Travis stood up and went to the phone.

****

Nathan found Hans in the kitchen making a dinner tray for Juliette and the kids. It looked as if all of the males had the same idea. That was confirmed when Ethan came in followed by Leon.

"Good, you're all here," Ethan said. "I know that you're all anxious to get back to your mates as am I, but there's been a change in plans. The rest of the men will be here shortly."

A few minutes later, Thorne walked in followed by Joseph, Martin. Victor walked in and moved to where he could see and hear. Rik and Luc came in and stood in the doorway.

An hour later, everything had been explained.

"Can we trust her?" Joseph asked.

"There is always the possibility that she could change her mind," Ethan said, "but I don't think that she will. What I do expect is for her to want to talk to her father first. She'll want to try to get him to step down and leave."

"He won't go for it," Thorne said. "He's already sacrificing his only surviving child to keep this war going. The bottom line is this, even if she doesn't help us; Rufus Saunders and his second in command need to be dealt with. But here's another thing, Saunders is going to have all of the species turn on each other. When our numbers are low, he'll swoop in and finish us off. For this reason Saunders and his second are now our primary focus. If we happen across the traitors, we will deal with them."

Nathan saw the expression on Leon's face and spoke up.

"There is another issue that needs to be addressed. One of Olivia's crew-Harry is looking for Nadine."

Hans stopped what he was doing and listened.

"Louise saw only him and says that he isn't far away," Nathan continued. "I understand that we have to deal with Rufus, but we now have a direct threat to one of our own."

"What do you suggest?" Thorne asked.

"I am suggesting that Hans, Leon and I look for him as we do our patrol. If any of our patrols spot him, we are to be called."

Ethan and Thorne looked at each other and nodded.

"Fine," Ethan said. "I'll put the word out to the other groups. As far as protecting the house, Noel, and Martin will stay here. Joseph, Rik and Luc will patrol together. If they spot any activity, they'll call the team closest to where they are. If this goes beyond tonight, we'll rotate. I don't need to tell you all to be careful and to stay in touch. We're going to talk to Olivia again to see what she's decided to do. You'll know by the time we leave tonight whether to kill Rufus on sight or not."

"I have a question," Noel said from the corner of the kitchen. "Do you all realize that if Olivia agrees to take over for her father that there's going to be a split on both sides? We will have gotten rid of Rufus, but there are those who will always be loyal to him just as there are those of us who believe that all hunters should be found and killed."

"We've thought about that," Thorne replied. "We'll deal with that when it happens but I agree with Ethan, this has to end. The hunters and we have a common enemy and if we joined together, we could eradicate them."

"The Rogues," Nathan whispered.

"Yes the rogues," Thorne confirmed. "They are growing in number and must be dealt with."

The meeting lasted for a few more minutes and the preparation of the dinner trays continued. Nathan pulled Leon and Hans aside.

"Leon, I know that you're eager to end this threat to Nadine. I would feel the same if it was Louise, but we can't just go rushing into this. We need to have a plan in place."

"I know that," Leon replied. "Nadine and I have already had this discussion."

"Good," Nathan said. "I want all of us to come out of this unscathed."

"I want you to understand something," Leon said. "When we find him, I'm going to be the one to kill him."

"I expected as much," Hans said, "but if I see that you are in danger of dying, I will step in. Do you understand? You can get as angry as you wish, but Nadine's wellbeing comes before your pride."

Leon started to argue, but then remembered that his promise to Nadine.

"Agreed, but you only interfere if you see that I'm going to die and I don't mean if you see a scratch and I'm bleeding. I have to be out for the count and Nathan, the same goes for you. You don't interfere unless I can no longer protect myself."

"Agreed," Nathan said after a long pause. "We'll meet after the mates are asleep and make our plans. And Leon, I want your word that you won't go off on your own. Just as you have given your word to Nadine, I gave mine to Louise."

"I also gave my word to Juliette and the children," Hans said. "Do we have your word?"

"You have my word," Leon said. "And you have my thanks."

****

Ethan sat the dinner tray on the small table by the bed. He was about to wake Katrina when his cell phone vibrated in his pocket. He slipped out of the room to take the call.

"Travis? Are you alright?"

"Yes sir Mr. Ethan," Travis replied and then told him about William.

"I told him that I would talk to you on his behalf. I read his hands and he doesn't lie. I have his number if you would like to talk to him."

Ethan took the number, peeked in the room to check on Katrina and went to Thorne's office. He knew that he would be there and would have been surprised if he wasn't. It was no secret that he and Barb were at odds. He tapped on the closed door and waited for the invitation to enter.

"Why aren't you with your mate?" Thorne asked when Ethan was sitting.

"I was, but I got a rather interesting phone call from one of my house staff."

"So, this William who is one of Olivia Saunders's crew wants to talk," Thorne said when Ethan was finished talking. "What do you think he wants?"

"I have no idea but I think that it would be in our best interests to at least hear what he has to say."

"I agree," Thorne said after thinking about it for a moment. "He could be the way to find and get to Rufus."

Ethan picked up the phone on Thorne's desk and turned on the speaker phone. William answered on the first ring.

"Who is with you?" William asked.

"Thorne Blackwell," Ethan replied. "What do you want?"

"Is Olivia well?" William asked.

"She is alive and unharmed" Thorne replied. "What can we do for you?"

"I want you to keep her there. She is far safer with you than with her father- he plans to kill her."

"Why are you telling us this?" Ethan asked. "What's in it for you?"

"My only concern is her safety," William replied. "I also think that you want the same thing that I do-I want Rufus Saunders dead."

"What has he done to you?" Ethan asked, "You work for him."

"Working with him was not my choice," William replied. "I work for him because my family does."

"But yet only you seek to betray him," Thorne replied.

"This is true," William said, "but I have no love for the man. He is insane with hatred and he will sacrifice everything to get rid of all things not human."

"Where is he?" Ethan asked.

"He is currently at the home where we were spending our vacation," William replied. "I don't know how much longer he will be here."

"Are you there too?" Ethan asked.

"I am," William confirmed. "I am waiting for my chance to kill the son of a bitch. You asked me what was in this for me. Nothing except that he will be dead along with Caleb the one that he has chosen to succeed him. I will however ask one thing of you. Let my family go in peace. I will give you my word that they will no longer work for the hunters or bother any of yours."

"We have a problem regarding that," Thorne said. "One of our mates was attacked, turned and then left to die by one of yours. Her mate wants to avenge her."

"Nadine," William said softly. "What if I were to convince Harry to leave California and never pursue her?"

"You would be too late," Ethan replied. "Harry is already looking for her. Where is the rest of your family?"

"I won't tell you that. This is between you and me, but as for Harry, I will still try to talk to him. If he agrees to leave Nadine alone, will you talk with her mate?"

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers