Three Demons

Story Info
A young girl gets lost in the woods.
2.3k words
4.44
41.6k
86

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/06/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vulpesa
vulpesa
163 Followers

Hello. First submission. Apologies if unsatisfactory. Comments appreciated.

*

Crunch, pit pat, crunch. Ah. Crunch, pit pat pit pat. Crunch.

It was the same rhythm every time. As I strolled down the untouched path in the forest, my dog would take a few quick steps ahead. The forest was typically quiet when I walked my dog, whom I address as Felix by the way. Usually the only sounds that could be heard were my stealthless stomping - credit which is due to my warm but waterproof Eskimo style boots - the quick trotting of Felix, and my quiet panting. I like to think of myself as a strong, athletic girl but there was something about walking through a foot of snow everyday to exercise my dog that just winded me.

Why did we have to move to a place with such harsh weather? The question had been circulating in my head for months but never addressed. Tonight was the night to change that. "Because mom couldn't stand city life any longer," I muttered to myself as I continued to maneuver through the soft but bone chillingly cold snow. I found it amusing at first, when my mom decided to move to the chilly countryside in a very vacant location to "purify our minds and souls" as she put it. She was always the frivolous sort, but she'd crossed the line this time.

I suppose my frustration was for not, as I'd always been quite the hermit. Going out was a bit of a hassle, since I had my appearance to worry about -- especially at a high end sort of place. Making friends was an annoying activity for me, as everyone seemed so ready to share the first draft of what was seemingly their autobiography. I'd always been an introvert at heart, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to most that I prefer my own company to even my closest companions. It just so happens that the experiences in my life left me a mess. I was now a secluded, antisocial misanthrope who was fully aware of all her flaws but still deemed herself superior to the rest of the cretins inhabiting the planet.

It was New Year's Eve, and while mom probably planned on staying up and watching the ball drop on the television, I planned on skipping the ridiculous tradition and getting some rest. I shook my head in disapproval before looking ahead of me. I had no idea where I was. "Damn it," I criticized myself. I whipped my phone out from my pocket and practically ripped the glove off my hand to enter my password. Despite the fact that it was freezing outside, I was warm enough in my hefty winter coat, beanie, thick scarf, and gloves; but my nose felt like Jack Frost was licking it with ice and my thighs were tired from the strenuous walking I'd pushed myself to accomplish. Felix trotted over after pissing near a tree and rubbed his head against my palm like he was trying to comfort me through my plight. I patted his head and affectionately tugged at his ear. "What a sweet boy you are," I praised, scratching at his head.

I turned my attention back to my phone. I went to my GPS app but apparently had no service and thus could not be located. I huffed with irritation. I wiped my face with a gloved hand to calm myself and turned around to face the direction from which I'd come and looked at the trail I'd left behind already disappearing under the influence of the currently falling snow. "Again, just why did we have to move here!" I groaned, throwing my hands up in the air frustratedly. Felix just patiently stared at me with his big, brown eyes as I paced back and forth. Dying of hypothermia is now an option, I thought darkly. I shook my head, disregarding the notion. The first step to survival was not cynicism.

I lifted up the hood of my coat and fell back to the ground. Felix groaned beside me and I turned my head to smile at him. "Looks like we'll be camping here for the night. I think I'll be fine for the night in my apparel, but I'm not so sure about you with your thin coat. ," I explained. Felix was a black and tan Doberman Pinscher, his coat wasn't built to endure such cold weather. He nudged at my side with his nose when I didn't get up and I gently pushed him away. "Go home," I commanded. He took a few steps back and stared at me. "Go!" I urged him, and he just continued to stare. I turned on my side, away from him, but felt him curl up next to me on the ground.

I just didn't want to go home. I'm nineteen for God's sake, my mom shouldn't be part of the home image! Some would agree with my outlook and some would not, but what they didn't realize was the lack of space I had at home. My mother was constantly smothering me or patronizing me or securing her parental authority, which led me to assume that she had some serious issues that she needed to address.

I felt oddly comfortable as the snow fell upon my face, like small ice fairies were planting kisses all over my skin. My eyelids grew heavy and I felt myself drifting into a peaceful slumber, even as Felix shivered miserably beside me. "Go...home," I drawled feebly to him. "Felix, you'll...catch...your-" But I was already gone, consumed by the blackness of sleep.

I woke, briefly, to hear Felix growling. I opened my eyes a smidge, though even that was difficult, and saw an enormous figure of white looming before me. My eyes lazily trailed up the form but I was unconscious before I could see the head and face of the mysterious being. I woke again, this time with a start to the crackling of a fire. I looked around with confusion as I now seemed to be in a log cabin of sorts. I was in a decent sized room, in a wooden twin bed, covered in heaps of wool blanket. The brick fireplace a few feet from the end of my bed housing a roaring, and frankly noisy, fire. I sighed heavily and stretched -- what a comfy bed this was. I rubbed at my eyes and looked around once more. The room was minimally decorated and seemed to house only furniture that was necessary; a bed, an end table, and a dresser. The end table hadn't a lap, but a thick white candle on a candlestick with a box of matches beside it. In the fire light I couldn't even see any electrical outlets or light switches. There was a door to what I assumed was a closet next to the fireplace, upon which rested a hook, holding my scarf and hat. Beside the dresser were my boots, glistening with still melting snow in the light. There was a window above the bed and I slipped out from under the covers to sit on my knees at the window sill and look out, where it seemed a blizzard was brewing. I looked at my hands on the window sill and saw the sleeve ends of my sweater and looked at my torso, relieved to see that I was still in my clothes. Whoever had brought me here seemed decent enough by the looks of things. I heard footsteps outside the bedroom door, before there was a tentative knock. "Come in," I called.

The knob twisted and the door opened to reveal a red fox. "What," I couldn't help but blurt. The fox rushed toward me and I just stared at it with wide eyes in shock as it jumped onto the bed before me. I sat back on my knees facing it and it placed both its paws on my lap and looked up at me with the sweetest doe brown eyes I'd ever seen. It rubbed it's head against my arm and licked my hand, his ears twitching adorably. I slowly reached out my hand and held it before the fox's nose, he sniffed and licked it once more, granting me permission to pet him. And so I did, scratching at his ears as he closed his eyes and relished the contact. I moved my hand down his hide and, when I felt comfortable, slightly tugged at the length of his tail. The fox released a sound that reminded me of a throaty chuckle and when I looked at its face, it was staring at me intently. I diverted my eyes to his red, lush fur briefly before reverting them back to his face which held an almost studious expression. "You're a very attractive thing, you know that?" I said, my face breaking into a grin when he brushed at his eyes with a black paw. "I always wanted a fox or wolf as a companion, they're such beautiful creatures. But the only canine I could get my hands on was my Doberman, Felix. He's lovely as well, just in a different way," I rambled, "Fact, I wonder where he is..."

I got up from the bed and heard the fox produce a sound that was similar to a groan and while I found it amusing, I also found it strange. Foxes produced much higher pitched sounds than what I'd heard this fox make. I walked to the doorway, then turned to look at him, resting on his front on the bed with his tail swishing at my attention. How peculiar for a fox to be this tame. It wasn't unheard of for people to have foxes as pets, but having lived in the city suburbs for most of my life it was foreign to me. I walked into what looked to be the living area. There was a large fireplace, much larger than the fireplace in the room I'd woken up in, surrounded by various woodsy furniture and a large television mounted about a foot above the mantel. As I walked closer I saw a cat resting on one of the couches. It had black, short hair and bright green eyes. Whoever lives here has very attractive pets, I thought. Where is the guy anyway?

The cat stood suddenly, ran towards me and jumped at me, unsheathing it's claws. I gasped and tried to move out of the way but bumped into an end table which trapped me. The cat held onto my jeans and though I felt the tips of it's claws, I felt no pain just slight pressure. There was a ripping of my pants however. The cat attacked again, this time ripping my sweater straight down the front, exposing my chest. I grabbed the torn fabric and, wrapping it over my skin, harshly pushed the cat away with my foot. The cat jumped back to avoid the kick and meowed in what seemed an almost cheeky fashion. I walked back to my bedroom to see the fox rolling around in my sheets happily as the cat casually followed me. I looked in the dresser and found a rather large gray sweater that looked as though it would fit a masculine frame better than a feminine one. I shrugged out of my now ruined garment and set it on top of the dresser. I pulled out the gray sweater and turned around to see both the cat and the fox sitting side by side on the bed, watching me intently with both of their tails wagging. It was an odd sight.

I shook my head to try and ignore it and I slipped the sweater over my head and onto my body as I walked out of the room. I heard both animals jump off the bed and follow me. I went to the kitchen and was happy to find a room with working water and electricity. Was my room the only one without modern technology? Why would someone build a home that way? I turned on the cold water and looked through the cabinets until I found the cups. I grabbed a glass and filled it up with water before gulping it down. As I finished the last of the liquid, I turned and leaned against the counter. The fox and cat sat before me on the floor, watching me expectantly. "Are you two hungry or something?" I asked. They both produced noises which sounded strangely like laughter. I stared wide eyed and puzzled. Its just your imagination, Freya. Just your imagination, I assured myself.

I set the cup near the sink faucet, like I did at home, instead of within the sink in case I got thirsty later on and walked to the living room. The huge television mounted on the wall above the fire place was sure to keep me occupied so I found the remote and turned it on. I laid down on the couch opposite to the wall and hit the Guide button. Surprisingly they had premium channels and I smiled happily, turning on Some Like it Hot. The time on the DVR read that it was one in the morning or so and I still felt a little tired. The fox sat on an arm chair and the cat lounged on the couch adjacent to mine. Half way through the film I felt myself drifting and closed my eyes. I felt something sit beside me on the couch that felt like a large animal. "There you are, Felix. I was wondering where you might be, love," I cooed sleepily. I smiled and reached out my hand to touch Felix, but couldn't grasp him feeling only my leg which was now covered in a blanket. Funny, I hadn't remembered covering myself. But the thought wasn't important, not when sleep called to me so irresistibly.

I was falling further and further into unconsciousness, and just before I was gone I heard a deep and soothing voice say, "Sleep well, Freya."

vulpesa
vulpesa
163 Followers