Thumbs Down Ch. 3

Story Info
Whatever happened to Rich and Christy?
6.2k words
4.06
196.7k
47

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 07/14/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3: The Finale

WARNING!

This text file contains sexually explicit material. If you do not wish to read this type of literature, or you are under age, PLEASE DELETE THIS FILE NOW!!!!

(c) copyright 2001 All Rights Reserved

* * * * *

Many things have changed in the three plus years since Christy and I divorced. If you'll recall, we divorced because I discovered that Christy had been engaging in some extremely slutty extra-curricular activities with most of the men at her law firm. This discovery was made by an accidental finding of some hard core pictures of she and two of her bosses, Jack and Ron, on the Internet. When given the chance, Christy steadfastly refused to confess and tell me of her sexual escapades, as a result, I extracted my revenge on her and her law firm, by sending the pictures to some major clients. As part of my revenge, I seduced, and began a sexual affair with, Jack's wife, Georgia, a beautiful woman ten years my senior.

Georgia divorced Jack shortly after my divorce, and really took him to the cleaners. She got everything, including custody of their children, who were pretty much grown, anyway. Ron and Marge went through a rough period, but stayed together.

Georgia and I continued to see each other regularly, but our relationship was purely sexual, and we both knew it. Still, it was great sex and very therapeutic, just what the doctor ordered for both of us.

Ron, who had phoned, on that fateful day three years ago, to ask why I had done what I did to cause the firm's largest clients to cancel their accounts, apparently had a change of heart. He called me again, two weeks later, and apologized profusely for his part in the 'horribly embarrassing mess,' as he put it. He offered no excuses for his involvement, but assured me that he had taken steps to prevent anything like that from happening again.

He informed me that he had seen to it that the morals clause in Jack's contract was enforced, and Jack was ousted him from the firm. He went on to add that he had also contacted all of the major law firms in the city and informed them as to why Jack had been bounced, which would make finding suitable employment very difficult for him. Although he had no plans to take any direct action himself, he believed that word of Jack's behavior would probably come to the attention of the Bar Association, which would most likely result in Jack being disbarred.

In response to my question, he told me that he and Christy had discussed her situation in great length, and both agreed that the best thing for her, and the firm, was for her to move on. He gave her a glowing letter of recommendation, and she quickly found a similar position with another firm.

He went on to say that, after giving the matter much thought, and putting himself in my shoes, he probably would have done the same thing. Therefore, he held no grudge against me, and hoped that I would be able to eventually forgive him for his role in the whole sordid affair. I assured him that I held no major grudge against him personally, nor the firm, since the perpetrator of the whole affair, Jack, was gone.

I found out later that Ron, being the dynamo that he is, had been successful in salvaging the accounts of several of the clients that had originally canceled, and had the firm well on the road to recovery. I couldn't help but feel happy for Marge, as she would have suffered had the firm, and more specifically Ron, suffered financial ruin.

Even though they believed the split was somehow Christy's fault, our children had not stopped loving their mother. They, our parents and other family and friends were never told of the reason for the divorce. We merely told them that we had 'irreconcilable differences.'

Christy and I had maintained an aloof, but somewhat cordial relationship in the early days after the divorce. I had voluntarily offered every-other weekend visitation rights to Christy. With the pictorial evidence that I had at my disposal, I could have excluded her from their lives altogether, but I couldn't do that to the children, because I knew that they still loved their mother. I also knew that they knew nothing of her activities and I was confident that she would shield them from that ugly mess.

As a result of the visitations, Christy and I saw each other twice every-other weekend, once when she picked the children up, and again when she dropped them off. In the beginning we hardly said more than "Hi, how are you?" I took note of the fact that she had a great deal of difficulty looking me in the eye. I presumed that it was because of the guilt she must have felt. She was very prompt in both picking them up on Friday afternoons, and returning them on Sunday evenings. Her promptness indicated to me that she was very grateful to be able to see them, and wasn't about to do anything to jeopardize that privilege. She seemed genuinely concerned about them and their well being, and they responded to her love and concern.

Over a period of several months, Christy had opened up somewhat and tried to initiate more in-depth conversations during the pick-up and drop-off times, and I didn't object. She was even able to look me in the eye more often, and my attitude towards her had changed slightly, from cordial contempt and disgust, to mild dislike. As good as she seemed to be with the children, and as cordial and friendly as she had become with me, I just couldn't get the picture of her stuffed at both ends with other men's cocks out of my mind.

As the months rolled on, I began to notice more signs of the old Christy, the Christy that I had fallen in love with and married. She seemed more like her old self than at any time since she began her legal career. She was openly happy to see me, and her quick wit became more evident in our conversations. Her eyes sparkled as we caught each other's gaze more often. Even though the sordid picture was still embedded into my memory, it began to fade a bit.

During our increasingly cordial weekend meetings, I had never asked her about her love, or sex, life, and she didn't volunteer any information. I often wondered if she was still behaving like a slut, but since we were divorced, it was none of my business as long as she kept it from the children. It seemed to me that she would hardly have time for those sorts of activities because she was spending so much more time with the children, certainly more than she had spent with them in the latter stages of our marriage. In addition to her visitations, she called and talked to them almost every day. Maybe she had changed, who knew?

Taking a renewed interest in her, I began quizzing the children about their mother, you know, like was she seeing anyone, etc. They either didn't know, or were doing a very good job of covering up for her, because they said they knew of no men in their mother's life. I'm not sure why I even cared about her love life, after what she did to me, she could never be an integral part of my life again, could she?

I had no steady girl friend, even though I was still seeing Georgia for the sex, usually on the weekends when the kids were with Christy. Don't get me wrong, I liked Georgia as a friend as well as a lover, but neither of us had a serious love interest in the other. In addition to Georgia, I had dated at least 15 women over a two-year period, had sex with most of them, but hadn't found one that interested me on a permanent basis.

The relationship between Christy and I continued to improve over the first two years after the divorce, but very slowly. We seemed to have settled in on a plateau of mutual friendship, after all, we did share the two children.

Then, as often happens, fate stepped in. One day on my way home from work, a maniac in a late model SUV ran a red light and broad-sided me. The air bag, in combination with the seat belt in my car, saved my life, but I suffered two broken legs and a broken arm, not to mention the contusions all over my body. The prognosis was for a full recovery, but not without a lot of pain, suffering and rehabilitation.

Christy wasted no time and took charge immediately. Since she lived in a different school district, she arranged to stay at our house and take care of the children. She regularly brought them to see me at the hospital, and then the rehab center. She spent long hours at the hospital and the rehab center, always with the children, and did everything in her power to make things easier on me. We had no time alone while I was confined, but I was able to observe her interaction with the children, and noted, first hand, how much they loved and respected her. She certainly put my mind at ease in regards to their welfare while I was confined. She also obtained a copy of the police report of the accident and advised me on what my options were from a legal standpoint.

During my confinement, Christy also arranged for some necessary changes to my house to accommodate the handicapped, specifically me in a wheel chair, all at her own initiative and expense. She was aware that I had been told that I would be confined to the wheel chair for at least 6 weeks, and changes had to be made to my home, especially to the first floor bathroom. She also rearranged the dining room furniture and installed a temporary bed, as I wouldn't be able to negotiate the stairs to the second floor for a number of weeks.

The day that I was released from the rehab center, I was transported by ambulance to my home, and Christy was waiting for me. She cheerfully wheeled me inside and showed me all of the changes that had been made for my benefit. I was overwhelmed with gratitude, and couldn't thank her enough for all that she had done. Of course, I offered to reimburse her for everything, but she flatly refused to hear of it, saying that we'd talk about it, but only after I had completely recovered.

After she showed me all of the changes, we found ourselves alone, and with nothing to do, for the first time in almost 2 years. Neither of us could think of anything to say, so she left me parked in the living room and went upstairs. During the time I was alone, I thought about how our relationship had progressed, about how she seemed so much like the old Christy, the one that I had fallen in love with and married, so many years ago. 'She certainly is a lot like the woman I originally married. But she cheated on me, big time, how can I ever forget, or forgive, that? She seems so nice, so concerned about the children and myself. She was a cheat and a slut! But that was then, this is now. Can I ever forgive her for what she did to me, and our family? She's taken it upon herself to make things easier on me, and the kids, my God, she's been acting like their mother! I don't know what to think, I just don't know.' Swirling, conflicting thoughts kept me in a constant state of confusion regarding Christy, and my feelings for her.

About 15 minutes later she came back down, suitcase in hand. "I'll be back to get the rest of my things later, after the children come home from school. I'll also come over as often as you need me to help out, all you have to do is ask," she said in a very matter-of-factly tone.

I looked into her eyes and saw a sadness that had been missing for some time, the sparkle was gone, and I took that as a sign that she didn't want to leave. It was my turn to take the initiative and make the bold move, "Christy, I'm so grateful and so much indebted to you that I could never repay you for everything that you've done. I'd like to ask you to stay, but how can I impose any further?"

Tears began to swell in her eyes, as she responded, "Y-you want me to stay?"

"Yes, but only if you want to, I've arranged for a visiting caretaker to take care of me, but I'd really like you to stay to help with the children. I know they'd love to have you around more often."

The tears were pouring out, "Oh, Rich, I'd love to stay, I've enjoyed spending more time with the children so much, are you sure you wouldn't mind?"

"Mind? Christy, I feel guilty even asking you, but if you would, I'd be extremely grateful."

Convinced that I was serious, she dried up the tears, smiled and said, "OK, I'll stay, but only on one condition."

Proud of myself for being able to cheer her up, I returned her smile and asked, "And what might that be?"

"That you arrange for the visiting caretaker to be here only during the week days when I'm at work. I'll see to your needs in the evenings and on weekends, OK?"

My own smile broadened, and tears began to form in the corners of my eyes, as I responded, "Yes, of course, if that's the way you want it. I just hate to burden you any further, but I would be grateful."

"You don't understand, it's no burden, it's a way for me to help relieve the tremendous guilt that I still feel for what I did to you. I know that I can never make up for that, but it makes me feel better about myself to know that I'm trying, and that I'm actually able to do something positive to help out."

The combination of events had affected me greatly, I mean, the way that she had taken charge, everything that she had done, and the tears. I had already begun to look at her in a different light, but the tears, the tears convinced me that she was genuinely happy and appreciative of my offer for her to stay, and really accelerated my turn-around in the way that I looked at, and perceived her.

I took particular note of the statement that she made about her past, "You know, that's the first time either of us has mentioned the past in a very long time. If you feel like talking about it, maybe venting some, I'd be more than happy to listen."

"Oh, Rich, I was hoping that I wouldn't be bringing back some horrible memories for you, do you really want to hear about it?"

"Yes I do, if it'll make you feel better. Actually, if the truth be known, I'd like to know more about your current situation, too." I smiled mischievously as I made the statement about her love life.

She chuckled as she responded, "You mean my love life, eh?"

I chuckled and sheepishly replied, "Yeah, that's sorta what I mean."

"Rich, I'm willing to tell you anything and everything, and if it gets to the point where you just don't want to hear any more, please let me know."

"OK, it's a deal."

"Shall I start now?"

"Please, we have a couple of hours before the kids get home from school."

"Well, let me start with my current sex, or love, life, OK?"

"Sure, fine by me, I've been curious as to whether there's anyone special in your life. The kids never say anything."

"Oh ho, you're curious, are you? Why would that be?"

I smiled, and again somewhat sheepishly replied, "I-I don't know, just normal curiosity, that's all."

Smiling somewhat knowingly, she replied, "OK, to satisfy your, um, curiosity, I have no one. My love life has been essentially non-existent for quite some time now. Over the past couple of years I've dated several guys, and even had sex with a couple of them, but there's never been anyone special. Maybe my problem with my dating is that I've consciously, or subconsciously, compared them to you, and they just don't measure up. Does that revelation scare you?"

"No, it doesn't scare me at all, in fact, I'm flattered."

"Before I go on about me, what about your love life? Georgia has called several times to ask about how you're doing, I assume that you're still seeing her?"

"Yes, Georgia and I are good friends and we use each other to satisfy our sexual needs, nothing more. We've been seeing each other a couple of times a month, at the most. I like her, but we're not seriously involved. Since this is 'bare your soul time,' I'll admit that my dating experiences have been much like yours, and for the same reason, I compared them to the Christy that I first married, and they all paled in comparison."

She smiled and seemed genuinely pleased at my admission, "Now I'm the one that's flattered. OK, well, back to me, I don't know if you know, but immediately after our break up, I stopped my slutty behavior, cold turkey, and began seeing a shrink."

"No, I didn't know, but I'm glad to hear that, how did you do it?"

"Surprisingly, it wasn't hard at all. I gave the matter of my sexual lifestyle much thought after you threw me out. It soon became apparent to me that the pleasure that I might have gotten out of the sex, the sluttiness, was miniscule compared to the price I paid, losing you and the children, and losing the respect of my peers. I made a decision to not be a slut any more, and that was it. I've not been seriously tempted since, not even a little bit. I needed the shrink to help restore my self-esteem, as I was at an emotional low. I still can't understand how I let myself get trapped into that lifestyle in the first place, but that's history, isn't it?"

One thing that had been etched in my mind, way back in the far reaches of my memory banks, was what she had told me several years ago about the way she started her slutty behavior. She was ordered by Jack to do his bidding, a man that she openly disliked. I didn't know if she had faced up to her submissive tendencies, or not, but chose to let my thoughts on the subject slide, "Yes, lets hope it's ancient history."

"To continue with my story, I left the firm and found a similar position with another law firm. I made the move because I had been involved with most of the men at the old firm, and needed to remove the stigma, which still existed, even though Jack was gone. I knew that I couldn't escape my past altogether, but I tried. Rumors abounded, even in my new job, I noticed the funny looks and whispers during my first several months there, but eventually they disappeared, mainly because I proved to them that I was very good at what I did, and I kept on the straight and narrow."

Christy continued, "Several of the men at the office had asked me out, but I turned them all down. I was determined to keep my love, and sex, life out of the office. The men I did date had no connection to my new firm, or the old one for that matter."

Being aware of how Jack had control over her, I had to ask, "Did you ever see Jack after that day at the house?"

"I'm glad that you brought him up, and no, I never saw him again. He made numerous attempts to get together with me after he recovered from the damage that you inflicted on him, but I avoided him like the plague. I knew that if I really wanted to clean up my act, I had to avoid him, and I did. As many times as he phoned, and even came to the security station at the apartment building to see me, I refused to talk to, or see him. It took him about a month to get the hint, but he finally did, and gave up. The last I heard, he had moved out to the West Coast and was trying to rebuild his law career."

I listened as she told me about avoiding Jack, and concluded that her ceasing to be a slut was due mainly to being away from his influence. She had truly been under his control during her slutty times. From what she had told me previously, she wasn't being bribed by the videotapes, she merely wanted very badly to please Jack, whatever he wanted, she did. I also wondered what would happen if she came into contact with another dominant man, 'Would she turn back into a slut, a submissive?'

We looked into each other's eyes with caring and admiration, as she paused. I felt warm and tingly all over, the tingly feeling was especially concentrated in my crotch.

After a long quiet pause, Christy asked, "Rich, let me ask you a question, why do you think that I've done all of these things for you?"

"I don't know, the children, maybe."

"No, Rich, it wasn't entirely the children. Sure, they had something to do with it, but the simple fact of the matter is that I love you, I've never stopped loving you, never. I wanted to be angry with you, even hate you, after what you did to the firm, and me, but when I sat down and thought about it, I realized how badly that I had hurt you and I deserved everything that you dished out."

12