Time To Go

Story Info
He leaves cheating wife instead of facing her.
5.7k words
3.98
294.3k
133
122
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MrRobbur
MrRobbur
1,332 Followers

Note: Sorry this story has no sex in it, just its aftermath. This story is not real and all characters are also not real. That means I made it up. No words were hurt in the writing of this story. Thanks to my mystery literary fact checker for all the help. Practice safe sex and enjoy.

My life changed dramatically after an incident a year and a half ago. There was a small fire at our house in the kitchen. My wife left the coffee pot on and it started to smoke and set off the smoke alarms. My neighbor called me at work and told me of the trouble and said I should get home right away. He called the fire department and we both arrived at the same time since I wasn't working far from my house.

I let the fire crew in and they pulled the coffee maker and there was just some smoke damage. I put a fan in the kitchen doorway and pushed out the smoke. I finally thanked the fire crew and they left. My neighbor stopped over and checked on me and the house.

"Billy, I am sorry about your house. I tried to call the fire dept and you as soon as I saw the smoke. I couldn't hear the smoke alarm but just luckily I happened to be going out to the store when I saw the smoke. Your wife and her friend just left in his car before I saw the smoke. I tried calling after them but they didn't hear." my neighbor informed me.

"You said HIS car. What did this guy look like?" I asked my neighbor with some curiosity.

My neighbor thought for a few second before answering. I think he thought he said something he shouldn't have and wanted not to get in the middle of it. I guess by my tone of voice, I was surprised to have my wife Melinda (Mel for short) having any male friends at the house during the day. "I don't want to cause trouble Billy." he finally answered me.

"Leo, don't worry about it. Just tell me what he looked like. I promise I won't bother you anymore. You have been a great help already saving my house with your fast thinking." I told my neighbor this as he puffed out his chest at my compliment.

"Lets see Billy," he said recalling the man's features and looks, "He was tall with an expensive suit. He had a beard and a mustache very neatly shaven. He drove a black 1961 Corvette convertible. Man that car was sweet! I always wanted one of those but never had the money. It looked all original" Leo told me more of the car than the driver.

"Oh, that is Mel's boss from work. It's ok Leo, there is no problem at all" I told my neighbor to his relief. I used an easy sounding voice to put him at ease. Deep inside I knew something was wrong. Mel's boss has never even been to our house before today, that I know of. I thanked my neighbor again and he left feeling good for helping me and not causing trouble between my wife and me.

I went to all the windows downstairs and opened them all to get the smoke smell out of the house. I then went to the bedroom and noticed the bed not made. It was something Mel did every morning after she got up. She would make the bed before coffee or breakfast in the morning. The bed was slept in and both sides were used. My pillow was on her side of the bed and that was strange.

She liked a hard pillow and I like a soft one. She always told me she felt suffocated when she used my soft pillow. It may be a small thing but it sent bells off in my head. I sat down on the bed and I could smell something but the smoke from the fire was still in my nose. I got undressed and took a shower.

When I got out of the shower I could finally smell it. The smell of sex! It was lingering in the air and would have been gone in another half hour. I knew it, I just knew it. I sat down on the bed to get dressed and saw something in the small garbage can by the night stand. It was a used condom and its wrapper.

I knew who, where, and when. I just didn't know why. Mel and I have always been close and never fought. We would finish each other's sentence and every one of our friends used us as an example of a perfect couple. Well it looks like we were not so perfect after all. I just sat there and thought about us as a couple. I couldn't see any signs of trouble. I knew it was coming though.

I called work and told them of the fire and took the rest of the day off. I then called Sally at Mel's work office. Her husband Ralph and I were friends from childhood and I even introduced both of them to each other. Sally was the office gossip according to Mel and she would always hint that Sally knew it was happening before it even happened. Sally answered on the second ring.

"Hello Sally Tremont, how may I help you?" she answered with a business voice and tone.

"Sally, its Billy, do you have a second to talk?" I asked her.

"For you Billy, anything you want. Just don't tell Ralph." she added with a laugh.

"I wish it was that but I have a question to ask you. Do you know who Mel is seeing at work?" I asked this quickly so I could get it out before I chickened out. Deep down I really didn't want to confirm my suspicions.

She was silent for a while and didn't answer.

"Are you still there Sally?" I asked to a silent phone.

"Yeah Billy I'm still here. I think you better talk to Mel instead of me." Sally told me slowly trying to choose her words carefully.

"Listen Sally, I know already but wanted a TRUE friend's opinion. Since you work closely with my wife I thought I should ask you first. I want an honest answer. Is Mel sleeping with someone from work?" I asked again not wanting another side step around my question.

"Ok Billy, Mel was seeing this Paul Towers guy from accounting but he was transferred just after he got here to another office by Tom Boswell and they broke it off. As far as I know she has not seen anyone else at work that I know of and I was really surprised at Mel and Paul getting together anyway. Don't you tell Mel I said anything or I'll kill you! I still have to work with her you know." Sally pleaded with me.

"Sally as far as I am concerned I never talked to you. Oh by the way I may be out of town for a few days but I will call you guys later in the week." I told her. My decision was just made in an instant.

"Is everything alright? You don't go out of town on business usually. Has this got anything to do with this business with Mel?" Sally asked me wisely.

"Let us just say I need a little fresh air to clear the mind." I told her and she seemed to accept this. I told her I would call soon and to not tell Mel anything.

"Ok Billy, just be good and don't do anything stupid." she ordered to me. Sally knew her husband Ralph and I were both hot headed and would lose our tempers now and then. Today I was clear thinking and focused. I had a plan and was going to see it through before the end of the day.

After I finished my call to Sally I got ready to go and do some important errands. As I sat at the kitchen table I started to think of what to do. The entire situation had come on me so suddenly. I really was blind sided. Being a simple man I knew deep down what I needed to do, at least for the near future.

I wasn't going to hire detectives or buy expensive surveillance gear. I couldn't care less now that I knew what I knew. The thought of actually seeing Mel being fucked by other men wouldn't even enter my mind. I went back to the bedroom and got the garbage can. I then brought it back to the kitchen and put it on the kitchen table. I taped a small note to the can.

'Mel,

I can't believe I am writing this letter, but I am. Please return this used condom to its rightful owner, you know I am fixed and don't need them. To make it easy just put a check next to the name and return it at your earliest convenience.

- Paul Towers?
- Tom Boswell?
- Unknown
- All Of The Above

Have a good life on the path you chose, I just wish it was with me.

Sadly with Love,

Billy'

I read the letter several times and decided to add nothing. I didn't need a big drama scene with all the emotional bullshit that comes with it. I wanted to leave on my own terms with my pride and my dignity intact. I also wanted Mel to know that I wasn't so clueless on her activities. It was just the thought of her infidelity in the back of my mind that was so much unlike her. I really thought I knew this woman.

I went to my room and packed up my truck with anything I might need. I was a welder by trade and I carried on my truck all my own gear and tanks. I could pull up to a job and be all ready to work. I did all types of welding and specialty metals. I could show up at a foundry one day or an automotive body shop the next. I also helped with some special jobs.

Once in a while a friend named Harry would bring me a safe on the back of a truck and the guy would say he lost the combination with a small wink. I never asked questions, cut open the safe and got paid well. I even did an ATM once.

It was this friend I called for a favor before I left. I was just finishing up the last minute arrangements.

"That's right Harry; you won't be able to miss it. Just deliver it exactly like I said with the message I just dictated. Put a nice card with it also. Yeah with flowers, that will be perfect. Thanks again Harry and I will call you next week when I get to where ever it is I am going. I know Harry, life really sucks sometimes but you got to keep going." I finished with him. It was petty but it did make me feel better. I had to laugh thinking about when Tom Boswell gets my present.

I now had to get downtown and go to the bank. I pulled out half our savings and took the maximum credit card cash advance. I knew I wouldn't be able to use credit cards if I was trying to fly below the grid.

Looking around the house I did one last minute check. I saw our wedding picture on the wall and thought about the last 7 or so years. Our 8th anniversary was next month. I guess the seven year itch got to Mel before our anniversary did. I took only that picture and hide it in my stuff on the truck.

I started my truck and left. I didn't look back and I didn't need to. My life there was now over. I just had no idea where the hell it was that I was going.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Over a year and a half had passed and I was four states over from my old address. I started to settle in at a nice area and even started looking at a few single women in the town. I had not had sex since I left my house. Sadly, my right hand was my best friend for some time. I just couldn't let myself get involved again. I think deep down I didn't want to get hurt again. My heart was still on the shelf.

I wanted to but never tried to contact Mel or resume my old life. She was basically my old life and that was over. I learned to live with the pain and get on with my life. I only called Sally and Ralph once, it was just a week after I left and I said my goodbyes. They tried to tell me something about Mel in court but I didn't care to listen or even want to know. That was the only contact I made with my old life since then.

My present boss who owned a huge auto body shop told me I could make twice the money I was making if I went on the books. That would mean my social security number would come back on line and I would be on the grid again. I ran out on all my bills, credit card payments and an unfaithful wife. I knew sooner or later someone would find me.

I just had a funny thought. What if they thought Mel killed me and got rid of me. She would need to find me just to prove I am still alive. It did make me laugh. I told my boss to go ahead and put me on the books. I was tired of running and hiding. I knew that is what I was doing and sooner or later I would have to man up and deal with my problems. Running away only works for so long.

Sure enough, I was just about to leave my work parking lot three weeks later when Mel pulled up in a rental car and blocked my path out. I just sat there and she got out of her car with an envelope. I knew what was in the envelope, divorce papers. I never did anything about our marriage and she could call me a bad husband and I could do nothing about it.

Slowly I rolled down my window and she came up to the truck. She looked older and tired. The last year or so had added several years to her looks. She was sad but cautious. Mel talked first.

"Billy I am glad I found you. Please talk to me for a minute and I will leave you alone. I also have something to give to you. Billy I am so sorry, I know I hurt you badly. We need to talk but I want you to read these court papers first." she told me as she handed me the envelope.

"Mel just hand me all the divorce papers you have and I will sign them. Leave an address I can mail them to. Don't worry about me running again. Those days are over. I get my life back right now. Do what ever the fuck you want." I confessed to her with all the emotions coming back to me stronger than ever.

"Billy the papers are transcripts of my court case. I want you to read the testimony and depositions and then agree to see me tomorrow to talk. That is all I am asking even though I don't deserve it." Mel told me honestly.

"What ever the fuck you want me to see just leave it and I will review it tonight. Just one questions Melinda, why? Didn't I show you love? Wasn't I always there for you? Why did you go looking for something I thought you already had? Was the seven years you spent with me so bad? Didn't I always balance work and home life?" I asked her these questions quickly and in fast order. These were the questions I had from day one and they had been bouncing around in my head for over a year. Now the one person with answers was right in front of me.

"Billy we will talk tomorrow after you read the papers. They are important for both of us. I don't want to answer any questions until then. I know you have hundreds. These papers should clear some things up." Mel told me with sadness in her voice as she started to cry heavily. "I have spent over a half million dollars tracking you down. It wasn't easy by the way." she added to me.

"Whatever Mel, I am just tired of being a half person. That is the only way I can describe myself now." I confessed to her. I started crying too so I backed up and went around her car leaving her standing there in the parking lot crying.

My mind started on what court case she was talking about and how did she get a half million dollars to track me down? I stared at the envelope on the truck seat and went to the store to get a six pack. I walked out with a case and some ice. I only drank one though while I started to read the material she left me and I never even finished the bottle. After 5 hours of reading, this is what I found out about my wife from the court papers.

My wife did have a one time affair with Paul Towers at her company party. That was the night my truck broke down and Mel had to go to the company awards party by herself. She later called me and said she would be going out with some girl friends after the party. She said it was boring and she wanted to leave. I was stuck in a shitty motel out of town until my truck could be fixed the next morning. She blamed me for not taking her to an important company party. That is all I remember about that night.

The two only had sex once and were not planning on continuing the affair after that night. They both testified they made a huge mistake and were ending it as soon as it started. Tom Boswell made it worse when he caught both of them in a deserted conference room. He then had Paul Towers transferred, which left my wife all to himself. He threatened to tell Paul's family and get him fired if he didn't accept the transfer. He knew all about Mel and him because he had proof!

Boswell had installed security cameras in all the office suites. Some of the cleaning crew was stealing things and he wanted to catch them He had it installed without the knowledge of Mel or Paul. So what they thought was a private moment was not. He had high quality video and audio of their intimate affair. This video he tried to use to his advantage.

Mel resigned the day after I left town. She also sued Tom Boswell and the company that same day. She secretly video taped both times Tom Boswell blackmailed her into having sex. The second time was the day I left town. Mel made him talk about what he would do to her if she didn't cooperate with his sexual requests, right on hidden video tape. This was her best evidence. Even Paul Towers was brought back to testify against him being blackmailed by Tom Boswell.

Of all the material in the envelope I thought the transcript of what Paul and Mel said to each other that night after they had sex in the conference room was most telling. Here is a copy of what was said after they finished having sex. It was a transcription from the video tape Tom Boswell made.

Male Voice: "I feel really funny Mel. You are beautiful but I love my wife. We shouldn't have done this. I hope you don't have feelings for me?"

Female Voice: "Paul I don't know what to say. I don't have any feelings towards you in that way. I was just flattered you noticed me. This is the biggest mistake I ever made in my life. Billy is the best thing I ever had and I don't want to lose him because of booze, flirting, and me being pissed off at him for not being here. It was Billy I should have been slow dancing with or sneaking off with, not you. Don't take it wrong Paul, but I think we both made a huge mistake. I wonder if I can still look Billy in the eyes tomorrow?"

Male Voice: "I know it will probably bother me for some time too. I really love my wife. It's just you were here and you looked so damn hot. I really have no excuse but to say I'm sorry. As far as I am concerned Mel, we were not here and this never happened.

Female Voice: "I agree with you. I was stupid and I risked the love of my life for what, I am still not sure what I was doing. I felt guilty before I even started. I wanted to stop before we even started, but I didn't know how."

Male Voice: "I did too but I couldn't stop being a man first. As soon as you were in this room I knew I wouldn't back out. Even though I knew it was the right thing, the little head did the thinking for the big head."

Female Voice: "Ok Paul, lets just act normal and we will leave separately. I won't say anything if you won't."

Male Voice: "Ok, just our secret and no one but us will ..."

Female Voice: "Shit! That was a knock on the door. It's Tom Boswell, just try and act naturally. Let me do the talking."

Tom Boswell never recorded the next part of the conversation on his tape. It ends with Mel going to the door to talk to that asshole. I wish I could have met Mr. Boswell in a dark alley sometime. I would have shown him the fear of God and introduced Tom to him personally.

After all was said and done I looked on the last page that gave the monetary awards for the case. I was very surprised. Mel was rewarded 3.2 million. Tom Boswell was fired and had spent to date, 5 months of his six year jail term. The fact that I left town after I discovered Mel's affairs seemed to help her according to the judge's final report. He felt Mr. Boswell had deserved all the blame and that Mel was a pawn of Tom's actions.

At the very bottom of the page were Mel's cell number and a small note asking to please call her anytime, day or night. I sat there for one hour thinking about what I just read and what had happened in my life the past two years. Mel was my life and it felt ripped from me. Could I trust Mel again? Did she want me back? What did Mel really want? All these questions I needed answered so I picked up the phone and called her.

It was after midnight but she answered after the first ring. Even though she answered quickly, she hesitated before speaking into the phone.

MrRobbur
MrRobbur
1,332 Followers
12