To Love a Stray Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

"Micah is trying to say hallo. We greet each other by rubbing against each other when we're cats." Doc explains. "Now how about you shift so I can check how your shoulder has fared."

I turn my head towards the doorway and watch expectantly, my sensitive ears have detected footsteps on the stairs. Micah rotates his ears and flicks his whiskers before turning his full attention back to me.

"Hey Rosy! You sure do have rosettes! I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself!" Mitchell is talking to me even before he turns into the bedroom. "Oh you haven't shifted yet. Do you want us to leave and give you some privacy?" Mitchell asks glancing at Doc and Micah. He glances at me and enlightenment dawns on his face, "You don't know how to shift when you want to do you. It just happens?"

I nod my head and take a couple of steps towards him.

"I'll try to talk you through it. Stand or lay so you're comfortable. Close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply. Imagine your body changing back to human form ..." Mitchell's voice drones on softly, almost hypnotically and I try to follow his instructions but nothing changes and everything stays the same. I snort in annoyance and leap up onto the bed where I lay down and curl my tail around my haunches as I look at Micah watching me. I growl in annoyance and Mitchell stops talking.

"Don't give up Rosy. You'll soon learn how to control how to shift. Relax and breathe deeply and slowly. A big deep breathe in ... and slowly out ..." Mitchell's voice drops to that almost hypnotic tone and I close my eyes and try to do as he says.

Try as hard as I can I can't imagine myself back to human form. The desperate need to be human again swells and suddenly bursts like lightening along my nerve endings. I gasp and open my eyes in alarm. I see my paws shimmer and then melt into human hands, pink and hairless. I collapse on the bed and gasp as I feel the cold night air against my naked skin. Someone places a blanket over me but I only have the strength to shiver and close my eyes.

"You've done it Rosy! You shifted!" Mitchell exclaims excitedly but I am only embarrassingly aware of the fact that I am naked beneath the blanket and in the same room as two men, tomcats, whatever! Two I hadn't met until very recently. No make that three, Micah as well even if he is a cat!

"Mitchell can you go get Rosy some fresh water," Doc asks. I hear breathing close to me and turn my head to look at who has invaded my personal space. It's Micah and he has a t-shirt in his mouth. He drops it on the bed near my elbow and walks from the room. Mitchell is leaving the room and Doc pauses in the doorway.

"I'll give you a few minutes to yourself," He tells me and shuts the door behind him. I close my eyes and rest my forehead against the bedcovers for a few moments before I open my eyes, lift my head and reach for the t-shirt. I pull it on careful not to upset my shoulder and look around for other clothing, there is a range of different items on the chair against the wall and I get up and sort through them settling on a pair of sweatpants with a tie-string waist. I can't help but notice how thin I've become, my hipbones push against my skin and my ribs show as well as the bones in my wrists. I sit on the edge of the bed tiredly and wait for Doc to return. Several minutes later there is a knock on the door.

"Alright to come in now?" Doc asks.

"Yeah," I answer tiredly. The door opens and Doc comes in followed by Micah who is fastening the waistband of his jeans and Pete who is wearing only his denim jeans.

"Let me take a look at your shoulder. Does it hurt much?" Doc asks as I lay on my stomach on the bed. He pushes my t-shirt up until he can examine my injury pushing and probing with his fingers for a few moments.

"I'll just wipe it over with disinfectant to kill any germs, put a dressing on it and that's it," Doc announces. "All the scratches on your back have healed," His touch is gentle as he tends my shoulder and then turns his attention to the injury above my right ear.

"These stitches can come out. Whoever put them in done a rough job but the wound has healed cleanly although you'll always have a scar," Doc tells me, "I'll just go get a few things."

I listen to Doc leave the room and wait nervously for Micah or Pete to start talking and I don't have to wait long.

"Hey there T ... Rosy. When your vehicle was found wrecked near Mac Toovey's place I didn't think I'd see you alive again," Pete tells me tightly. My vehicle wrecked near Mac's place? That wasn't where I left it.

"I guess you don't remember much about what happened," Pete says gently. "Well not to stress, you're one of us now."

I hear him move closer but still it shocks me when he touches my back. I flinch and hiss in fear before I can stop myself. I feel terrible as I hear him take several steps back from the bed.

"I'm sorry," his voice is thick and remorse filled.

Tears fill my eyes and I squeeze them tightly closed, I silently curse my momentary weakness because I have never been one to give in to tears. I grit my teeth as I realise my sudden over sensitivity is most likely a side effect of my pregnancy and just remembering my condition brings forth more tears. I have the sudden yearning for the comforting presence of Mitchell and my tears turn into a painful lump in my throat as I remember Micah hates Mitchell and me for some reason.

"What have I ever done to you Micah? Why do you hate me so much?" I ask tearfully as I lift my head and glance his way.

"Hate you? I don't hate you," Micah says slightly confused but with a gentle smile.

"Then why are you punishing me?" I demand unhappily.

"I'm not punishing you!" Micah denies surprised.

"You are! You're being mean to me, and punishing me! It's not my fault I ended up turned into a cat! You just blame me for it and want me to be miserable! You know Mitchell makes me feel better and not so scared but you don't want that so you're making him stay away! It's not fair! It's not my fault!" I finish hoarsely with a sob and bury my face in my pillow as I give in to the tears that had thickened my voice and choked my throat.

I cry great wracking sobs that shake my entire body and I realise that it is the first time I have cried for what has happened to me in all the time I have been a werecat. But most of all I cry because my life is filled with one thing after another I don't know how to handle. My sobs die down to hiccuping gasps and I lift my face from my pillow to turn my face away from the doorway. I can hear someone breathing in the room but have no wish to look their way or even know who it is.

"I'll be ready to take those stitches out in a few moments," Doc warns me.I lay still with my face averted and my eyes closed. I don't react as he removes the coarse stitches and swabs the area with disinfectant before declaring his work finished for now. He admonishes me to rest and then leaves me alone in the bedroom. It is probably only half an hour later that I hear someone walk into the room and settle in the chair but I am too upset to bother to look who it is. I only know that someone has been sent to watch over me probably so they know if I shift again.

"Just letting you know I'm here even though you're asleep," His whisper was almost inaudible and I open my eyes instantly, afraid to believe my own ears.

"Mitchell?" My voice is hoarse and trembling.

"Yes Spotty One it's me," Mitchell keeps his voice low.

"You'll get in trouble!" I worry and Mitchell laughs softly, slightly uncomfortably.

"No I won't. I'm allowed to be here. Ordered to be actually. Micah is sorry he hurt you," Mitchell tells me gently.

"You can stay?" I ask almost pathetically.

"If you want I'll stretch out on the other bed and sleep in here tonight," he offers.

"Please," I murmur. Already his presence is soothing me and I close my eyes once more aware of how very tired I am and how safe Mitchell makes me feel.

* * * * *

"Good morning," I look up at the sound of Sam's voice and smile. He is standing in my doorway holding a tray with food on it.

"Good morning," I answer happy to see him.

"Marissa sent this up. She thought she heard you moving around." Sam tells me as he carries the tray into the room. I am sitting cross-legged on top of the bed and I hurry to straighten my legs so that he can place the tray over my lap. I look at the food eagerly happy to see the generous amount of food I have been given.

"How do you feel today?" Sam inquires as he sits on the chair beside the bed. "Good," I tell him and take a mouthful of fragrant omelette. "Hungry," I add before I take the next mouthful.

"Want to come over to the quarters today?" Sam asks and I pause with a forkful of food halfway to my mouth.

"Will I be allowed to?" I want to know.

"I can't see why not but it's up to Doc and Wade," Sam tells me. I shrug and resume eating making short work of my breakfast and drink the glass of milk I have been given. Sam picks up the tray and heads for the door, he pauses in the doorway to stop and look back over his shoulder at me.

"Coming?" The one word has me hurrying to get off the bed and follow him. I am feeling good and I look around with interest as I follow Sam through the house to the kitchen. The smell of freshly cooked food greets me as we walk through the door and I freeze as I see Wade and Marissa.

"Good morning Rosy," Wade says as he gets to his feet.

"'Morning," I mumble as I lower my head submissively and take several steps to the side away from him. Unlike the first times I met Wade and Marissa I am not laying on my back defencelessly. If nothing else I will be able to flee at the first signs of aggression.

"Is it alright if Rosy spends some time over at the quarters with us today Wade? Marissa?" Sam asks respectfully as he places the tray on the bench near the sink.

"Yes I can't see why not. I'll tell Doc where she is when he gets back," Wade tells Sam with a friendly smile for me.

"I'll make a nice lunch and bring it over like I did yesterday," Marissa offers with a motherly smile. "Maybe some chicken?"

"Yes thank you," I say with a small smile, "The fish yesterday was lovely."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know how difficult it can be to know what you want to eat when you're ...unwell," Marissa tells me with the slightest hesitation over her choice of word. I have to force my smile this time after the unspoken mention of my pregnancy because the idea isn't growing on me despite the fact it is growing inside me.

"Come on Rosy," Sam says as he heads for the door. Outside the morning is fresh and crisp making me feel like skipping as I walk across the grass towards the quarters.

"Micah, Dwayne and Mitchell have gone out for a few hours. They'll be back not long after lunch," Sam tells me as we reach the door of the quarters.

"Ok," I'm not worried over Mitchell's absence although I'm not happy he is with Micah, I'm starting think that maybe Micah really doesn't like Mitchell or me. Sam opens the door and I follow him inside, I can't help noticing that the place is covered in a thin layer of dust around the edges of the floor as if no one cleans beyond removing rubbish.

"Hey Sam! Someone is going to have to do a food run real soon or we're going to have to start having all our meals up at the main house!" Steven calls from a room close by and I look around as we go so I know where everyone is.

"We can raid the walk in freezer for a supply of meat," a voice I don't recognise says.

"That's Donovan," Sam tells me. I take a deep breath and halt as I come up with several unknown scents.

"You alright?" Sam asks quietly.

"Of course I'm alright. What are you on about?" Donovan asks with a laugh as he walks out of the adjoining room. He stops as he spots me and looks at me with interest. I am silent as I stare at him. He is clearly younger than me only somewhere around the fifteen or sixteen year age mark. I inhale deeply taking in his scent adding it to my memory as I watch him with intense interest. Donovan shifts his weight from one foot to the other uncomfortably and I take a step forward.

"Rosy stop that!" Sam orders sharply. Donovan takes several hurried steps backwards and as I smell his fear it sparks my hunting instinct making me flex my hands that I have unconsciously clenched into fists at my sides. Abruptly I force myself to turn away from Donovan. I take several wobbly steps towards Sam as I hear Donovan hurry away, and I have to force myself not to give chase. Sam grabs me by the upper arms, his fingers biting into my flesh as he gives me a rough shake.

"Are you in control of yourself?" he demands harshly.

"I ...I ...I think so," I manage.

"What the hell is going on?" a gruff voice demands angrily and I feel Sam tense.

"She nearly started stalking Donny," Sam admits.

I turn my head to look towards the owner of the strange voice and I eye him nervously.

"What do you mean nearly?" The burly stranger demands.

"Just that! Nearly," Sam tells him firmly. An angry snarl comes from the stranger and he stalks over to me.

"You start that shit again and I will personally hunt you down and teach you a lesson you will never forget!" He snarls in my face. "And just so you know who to be scared of, my name is Edwin,"

I can't help but get a good smell of his scent and recognise it instantly. This tom has chased me several times and each time he has narrowly missed catching me. I start shaking in remembered fear as I suddenly wonder why he doesn't recognise my scent but then remember that different notes in my personal scent take longer than others to return when I use my scent-disguising secret.

"Stop being an arse Edwin," Alex orders as he stands in the doorway.

"I hate strays," Edwin declares savagely, "all strays." I don't flinch as I meet his glare. I know I can outrun and out think him. I have proven that to myself three or four times.

"That's okay because I don't care for the male of either the cat or the human species," I tell him and curl my top lip up at him. I hear both Sam and Alex snicker at my statement as I continue to hold Edwin's glare.

"Bitch," Edwin sneers and turns away. I growl a growl that promises a fast and painful retaliation if I get the chance.

"Edwin you can go do a food run, and I don't want to see your face before Micah, Dwayne and Mitchell gets back," Sam orders coldly.

"I'll take Donovan and Justin with me," Edwin tells Sam as he goes to walk away. "They can go if they want but I think they'd prefer to stay here," Sam disputes. I know enough to recognise the power struggle and glance between the two with interest. Edwin has stopped to turn and stare at Sam who in turn is staring at Edwin challengingly.

"Hey T... Rosy. When Micah knew who you were we packed up all your things and moved them here," Pete announces as he comes into sight in the doorway.

"You got my stuff here?" I ask with a wide grin.

"Yes!" I say and pull away from Sam, "Real clothes not smelly male clothes!"

"I hope you got some short shorts and bikini tops," Steven tells me with a smile. It seems like the small entry hall is packed with big burly male bodies and I edge closer to a wall to give myself more room.

"No, I don't have any," I am slightly confused by his comment.

"Damn! Looks like I miss out," Steven says pretending to be disappointed. Enlightenment suddenly dawns on me and I open my mouth lost for words for a few seconds. Steven had been teasing me about wearing skimpy clothes.

"Well where are my things?" I ask Pete expectantly.

"Micah had them put in his room," Pete tells me, his ultra even tone making me wonder as I look at him expectantly. "Oh! You need me to show you where his room is!"

I follow him along a sunny room with one side all windows while the other side has doors along the wall at regular intervals. Near the far end Pete turns to the only closed door and opens it before stepping aside. When I stop at the doorway a wave of Micah's scent hits me and I look inside nervously. I glance at Pete but he is standing there silently as he watches me.

"Aren't you going to go and get what you want?" Pete asks after nearly half a minute.

"You sure he won't mind?" I ask uneasily.

"No he won't. And if he does he can take it up with me," Pete tells me evenly. I give him an unhappy glance before walking into the room and to the far side where boxes are stacked along the wall in one corner. It is easy to tell which boxes hold my household wares and which ones hold my clothing. I am delighted to find the contents of my bathroom cabinet and shower caddy packed in a plastic basket and the contents of my kitchen spice cupboard packed in a small box with the kitchenware. I dig through my clothes lifting several to my face to smell them to find out who had touched them. I can't detect any scent on them other than mine and frown in confusion.

"We pulled the draws out and tipped them into boxes or lifted things by the coat hangers. I figured you wouldn't like our smell on your clothes," Pete tells me quietly from the doorway.

"Thanks," I say with a glance towards him. I quickly find clothes I want to wear, slim legged jeans and a top that buttons on top of the shoulders along with some underwear I grab and roll up in the top. "Where can I get changed?" I ask Pete.

"Here," Pete says and walks out of the room. He shuts the door behind him and I stare at it for a moment before hurrying to strip off out of my borrowed clothes and pull mine on. My jeans are a bit loose and ride low on my hips while I find I can't wear a bra as it presses against my healing injury. The top doesn't need a bra under it and I can't help noticing the fact that my breasts are tender and much more sensitive then usual. Feeling like myself again I find my brush and run it through my hair and pull it into a ponytail before going over and opening the door to look out at Pete. He is standing back near the last door we passed and he grins when he sees me clearly.

"Now you look like yourself. You've lost a lot of weight," His frown tells me he doesn't like it and I shrug.

"Being locked in a cage and starved can do that to you," I say attempting to keep my voice light.

"Let's head back to the lounge room. The guys have a new game they got yesterday," Pete tells me. I follow him back to the lounge room where everyone is sprawled out watching an action movie except for Edwin who is busily writing a shopping list as the others call out their selection for the food.

"What about you Rosy, what do you want to munch on?" Sam asks.

"Caramel popcorn. The kind with peanuts in it, or peanut brittle." I say without hesitation.

"Wow!" Alex exclaims loudly. I look at him and he grins lazily at me.

"Anyone ever tell you that you really know how to fill out a pair of jeans?" Alex asks and gives a wolf whistle. The others stop what they are doing to look at me and heat rushes into my face at the outburst of whistles and hoots.

"Told yous she was a real dish," Steven chuckles.

"Can someone hit him? He deserves to be hit every time he says that," I mutter.

"I got a question for you," Pete says sounding strained. I glance his way and he seems angry. I frown. I can't think what has pissed him off because I'm sure he's pissed off not just angry.

"What?" I ask.

"Exactly how long?" Pete asks in a hard tone.

Instantly I realise my mistake and look away before looking back at him, "How long what?"

"Don't try to bullshit me Tawny I know you too well for that," Pete growls.

"Rosy, my name is Rosy," I growl back at him.

"Your name is Tawny and has been since I first met you when you were what, ten years old?" Pete demanded angrily.

"Tawny was Human!" I yell at him, "Rosy is the freak I have become!" I am off and racing for the front door, I hear chairs scrape and rugs slip on the floor beneath feet but I am fast and I know I can outrun them, all of them. Outside I turn and head for the trees that border the clearing. I am aware of the cool grass beneath my feet and the roar of my pulse in my ears. Dimly my mind registers the screech of tyres and the roar of an engine. I suck in a deep breath and dig my toes in as I ask my body for more speed.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers