To Love a Stray Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

"Maybe later we can go to our room," He says on a soft intimate note. I look over my shoulder at him as I pause in the doorway and the glint in his eye makes heat course through my body, I frown at him in annoyance before hurrying out to the lounge room. Sam grins as he spots me and I hurry to sit on the lounge next to where he leans against the front of it.

"Want a glass of something cool to drink?" Sam asks getting to his feet.

"Yes please," I say looking up at him. I bite my lower lip as he walks towards the kitchen before I glance towards Micah. I find he is watching me with a closed expression on his face and he forces a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes.

"Here, eat up." Micah tells me as he places the plate on my lap and hands me a knife and fork.

I am cutting the steak into small pieces as I eat and the shrill tone of a cell phone playing a familiar tune makes me look towards the sound, Sam lifts a small phone from one of the kitchen benches and holds it up so I can see it.

"I take it this is your phone," Sam says as he shows me before pressing the button to answer the call.

"Hallo. Tawny's phone, Sam speaking." Sam says evenly.

"Give it here," I protest as I put my food aside and get to my feet.

"Oh so it's you again hey stud?" I instantly recognise the sarcastic feminine voice on the other end and cringe internally as I hurry over to Sam.

"Hallo again Elisabeth, looking for my sister are you?" Sam asks sounding slightly amused.

"It's a shame I know for a fact that Tawnz doesn't have any brothers or sisters hey Sam-boy?" The feminine voice asks sweetly.

"How about I just hand the phone to Tawny and let her set you straight," Sam asks with a wide grin.

"Give me my phone," I snap as I snatch at the phone but Sam keeps hold on it and I tighten my grip even though his fingers are beneath my hand. "Don't know what you were doing touching it in the first place."

"That you Tawnz? Tawnz?" I hear Elisabeth call out.

"It's rude to snatch," Sam tells me as he relinquishes his hold on the phone. I glare at him before turning away as I lift the phone to my ear and heading outside but Sam beats me to the door into the hallway and I glare at him as I come to a halt.

"Hey Ellie, how are you? Sorry I missed your call but I was out." I say brightly before turning away to make my way to the kitchen only to find the back door there guarded by Micah.

"Hey chickie-babe. You found yourself a guy have you? I been trying to call you several times a month and usually your phone is out of range or switched off." I hear the trace of censure in her voice and move to sit at the kitchen table.

"Actually Ellie, Sam is my brother. Apparently, my Mum had two kids before she ... before she ended up with my stepfather. We type of came across each other and found out we are related later, strange hey?" I ask wryly.

"Oh," Elisabeth managed sounding shocked, and then comes the question so typical of her. "You weren't banging him were you? Nah. Silly question hey. So what you got planned? When are finishing your degree?"

"It's not good timing Ellie ..." I close my eyes extremely aware of my audience who are able to hear every word of the conversation. I open my eyes reluctantly and glance first at Micah and then at Sam before taking a deep breath.

"Things are ... complicated, I type of ... okay, mind blowing factor here – I'm type of a little bit pregnant," I say and wait for a reaction on the other end of the phone.

"Type of?" There is disbelief in her voice. "I always thought it was either you are or you're not. I always thought it was Lilly who was the maternal one." Ellie says surprised.

"I happen to be engaged to the baby's Daddy," I say and glance at Micah. I catch his intense gaze and look away hurriedly.

"Well the university needs to know if and when you intend to finish your degree. The results of your assessments on the units you completed the last semester that you attended are all Honours. Your final results in exotic feline studies were so outstanding that you have been offered a scholarship in zoological studies," Ellie babbles.

"I don't believe I'll be completing the degree," I say reluctantly and glance at Micah.

"Tell her you'll ring her back," Micah says softly. He is shaking his head and holding one hand to his ear as if he holds a phone. "Ring her back."

"That would be a real shame, are you sure about that? You always seemed so passionate about your degree," Ellie urges me.

"How about I think about it for a day or two, talk to my partner and ring back ... say Monday?" I ask as I watch Micah. He nods with a smile and I bite my top lip as I listen to Ellie scribbling on paper.

"Okay, I can give you to Wednesday but we must have an answer by then. If you don't want to continue with your degree now or later we do have other students who would be glad of the chance to fill your space in classes." Ellie tells me firmly.

"I don't mean to be rude Ellie but I really should go and finishing eating the meal I was having before you rang," I tell her.

"Oh! I am sorry, I guess you eat when you're hungry or when you feel up to it being pregnant and all. How far along are you by the way?" Ellie asks excitedly.

"Past the morning sickness stages now thank goodness. I really must go Ellie, bye." I say and quickly hang up before she can ask more questions.

"Would you care to tell us more about your studies?" Micah asks and I glance his way uneasily.

"I already told you I was doing veterinary studies, mostly by distance correspondence and study weekends at different campuses." I say with a shrug.

"Exotic feline studies. All results Honours," Wade says with raised eyebrows.

"My Dad taught me if you're going to do something you do it to the best of your abilities, a job done half heartedly is a job only half done." I say defensively.

"I think it would be a very good idea for Rosy to finish her studies," Micah says watching me closely. I glance his way as I lay a hand protectively on the top of the swell of my stomach as I give a nervous shake of my head.

"I need to concentrate on this baby; I still have a long way to go before I deliver it." I say uneasily. Micah smiles and gives a faint nod of his head.

"Yes, and we'll all do what we can to look after you to give you the best chance to get healthier before then and afterwards we can help you look after him when you start studying again. I'm sure no one will say no to baby sitting duties," Micah tells me with a grin.

"No one's going to take him away from me," I say in alarm.

"No, no, no, no," Micah tells me in a low soothing voice, "We'll just help you. Pick him up and give him to you when he's hungry, rock him to sleep if he's unsettled ... that type of thing."

I give a jerky nod knowing that I will have no choice in the matter of around the clock supervision for the first few days, weeks, maybe even months. I take a deep breath as I try to calm myself and look around uncertainly.

"I guess I should eat," I say after a few moments silence.

"Want it heated back up?" Sam asks as he moves to pick up my plate from the lounge where I left it.

"Just the meat," I tell him with a forced smile. "Why isn't everyone else eating?"

"We hunted earlier when we were out looking for you," Donovan tells me, "I brought down a big feral goat all by myself, took three of us to eat it all." He flashes a wide grin and I can't help smiling back at him.

"Cool, wish I had been there to see it," I tell him.

"Rosy," Sam says to catch my attention and I turn my head to look his way. "If we do have to take the baby away from you for his safety we will be trying to get you both together again as soon as possible. Kitts do best with their mothers, even just for short visits. It is best if we can keep you both together, for both of you."

I look at Sam uneasily for a few moments before giving an uncertain nod, I'm not sure if I should believe him or not. He motions at my plate and I glance down at it slightly surprised that I hadn't spilled it having forgotten I held it.

"I cooked the vegies special for you," Mikkarl says and I look his way in surprise.

"When did you get back Mikkarl?" I ask curiously. I spear a piece of carrot with my fork and pop it into my mouth as I move to the lounge to sit down.

"I got back late yesterday afternoon. Steven ordered me back again saying he can handle things at our parental clan. Our brother and sister will be fine with time. Andy will take some time to heal and Celeste definitely will have some scarring but they're going to be fine. Timny and Callum should be back tomorrow or the next day, Kirby will be a bit longer. Both Kell and Conner will recover, it'll just take Kell a lot longer because of how bad he was burnt." Mikkarl tells me.

"Steven figured we needed Mikkarl here to help keep you eating properly and taking it easy," Sam tells me levelly.

"And I got back to find out you had run away," Mikkarl says and I glance up from the plate of food on my lap to frown at him. I bite back an angry retort and turn back to the plate of food reaching eagerly for the piece of steak Sam has reheated slightly.

"Well I didn't run away," I mutter and take a large bite out of the steak as I hold it in my fingers.

Micah takes a deep breath and I hear him move away several steps as an uneasy silence seems to fill the rooms.

"Is there any more meat?" I ask Sam before pulling a piece of meat free from the bone.

"No more steak, but there is sausage or bacon that we have out for breakfast," Sam tells me as he gets to his feet from where he had been sitting on the floor.

"Bacon is good, bacon is always good." I tell him with a grin.

"Bacon it is then," Sam tells me as he heads for the kitchen and soon the smell of cooking bacon fills the air. I am nearly finished all the food on my plate when he returns with the bacon he has cooked for me, I turn so I have my legs up on the lounge and can lean back against the pillows on the other end. I balance the plate of cooked bacon on the swell of my stomach and nibble slowly on a piece of bacon enjoying the taste and texture. Micah settles himself on the floor by my shoulder and I glance at him before offering him the piece of bacon I have been nibbling.

"You eat it," Micah tells me and I look away with a frown. By the time I have finished the bacon all the toms are seated close by and I catch several of them glancing my way eagerly. I put my plate aside and smile at Micah who is watching me with a closed look on his face, I pull my shirt up exposing my stomach and reach for his hand. Micah grins as he settles his hand against my stomach in what is quickly becoming a ritual and I begin to pur softly as I turn my cheek to the pillow and half close my eyes.

I'll straighten out the misunderstanding that I ran away last night once everyone has their turn touching my stomach, I tell myself silently.

* * * * *

Micah

I watch as Sam moves to place his hand on Rosy's stomach. She is stretched out on the lounge with the skin of her stomach exposed as we all take turns to feel the baby move beneath our touch.

Her eyes are closed and there is a soft dreamy smile on her face, she lies there motionless except for the slight rise and fall of her chest as she breathes.

"You sure this is okay?" Mikkarl asks as he lines up to take Sam's place.

"It's fine. I like you guys touching my baby-belly," Rosy say murmurs quietly. When his hand settles lightly against her skin she gives a contented sigh and gives herself over to the almost trance-like state. Slowly hand replaces hand and she becomes even more relaxed at the light touches and soft murmurs from those in the room.

"Your mother often got like that when anyone touched her belly when she was pregnant with all of you." I hear Wade murmur softly.

"So it's normal?" Justin whispers back.

"Certainly was for your mother." Wade confirms quietly.

I can't help myself, I have to touch her and I brush my fingertips against her cheek before dropping a light kiss there. Rosy opens her eyes looking almost as if she has been drugged.

"You doing ok?" I ask softly and she closes her eyes with a smile and gives a faint nod.

I skim my hand across her stomach and I give a low growl of pleasure as her body arches into my touch. I rearrange her shirt to cover her stomach and then I slowly work lower until I am checking her ankles and feet for any signs of injury from her run as a cat.

"You'll wake Rosy up if you keep touching her," Sam warns.

The shrill demand of Rosy's phone jolts her awake and she reaches for it where she had placed it on the floor in front of the lounge. She is too slow and I already have hold of it, she is glaring at me as I open the phone and lift it to my ear.

"Hallo Tawny's phone ..." I start to answer with a smile.

"Give the phone to her! I know she doesn't let it out of her sight," A tense voice snaps in my ear and I raise my eyebrows as I blow Rosy a kiss.

"Tawny can't come to the phone at the present ..." I begin.

"Tell her its Lilly," The voice orders arrogantly and Rosy jumps to her feet to grab the phone from me and move away quickly.

Lilly, the name sounds familiar and then it hits me! The ex-girlfriend! Or maybe not so ex the way Rosy is almost cuddling the phone to her ear! Anger and something else I don't care to name, race through me and I feel my jaw begin to ache as I clench my teeth.

"Lilly," Rosy acknowledges softly.

"Tawny, I just got a long call from that gossip Ellie Rhymer from Admin. She was gabbing on about you being with some guy and being pregnant. I told her she must have her facts wrong because I know you would never let some guy touch you not after what that bastard Jasper done to you. Him and all like him should be shot," The voice on the other end of the phone gushes hatefully.

Rosy glances my way at the slight hiss of my sharply indrawn breath and I see something flare to life in her eyes as she turns away from me slightly as if to hide the phone from view.

"Calm down Lilly," Rosy says soothingly.

I take a step towards Rosy with one hand outstretched for the phone. She turns her head to look at me and frowns at me before heading towards the kitchen. She retreats into the furtherest corner with the phone close to the wall and holds it against the side of her head when Sam blocks the way to the little back door.

"Is it true my beautiful Tawny one? Are you with someone else?" THAT voice asks sending more rage burning through my veins.

Rosy glances my way, I guess my hiss of rage caught her attention. She looks right through me as if I am not there and I hear movement behind me. I turn my head to see Sam making frantic hand signals at her. He keeps motioning with one hand across his throat warning her to kill the phone call. Rosy shakes her head before sending a 'don't mess with me' glare my way.

"I'm sorry ... I should have told you before this but ... shit just type of got in the way," Rosy says into the phone ignoring my out stretched hand.

SHIT? I'm shit?

"Oh shit Babe. Fucking shit," There are soft sobs from the phone and something clouds Rosy's eyes even as she watches me as she listens to HER. "So you're ... this is so fucked up!" There is a harsh sob from the other end of the phone then sudden silence.

"I take it this is not a good time for you to talk to me. Is he there? Does he know about us? Our history?" SHE asks tightly.

"Yes, and yes, Lilly," Rosy answers as she steps back against the wall as I take several steps towards her.

"Tell him to fuck off and let you have some privacy for our call Tawny, you owe me that." SHE says quietly.

"I'm going outside for a bit," Rosy says lifting her chin defiantly.

I draw my lips back from my teeth in a silent snarl as I take a step closer. Rosy will hand the phone over to me!

"Hang up," I order tightly.

"Shit Tawny! What have you gotten yourself into? I just heard that! He sounds like a nasty piece of work." SHE exclaims on the other end of the phone and I take my chance to move closer while Rosy is distracted.

"Where are you Tawny? I want to come and meet this guy and see for myself he is treating you properly...." HER voice interjects.

"Hang up the phone Tawny," I order tightly once again. I growl in a low tone knowing Lilly won't hear me.

"I am going outside for a while Micah," Rosy says firmly but I am too fast for her and get between the door and her.

"Don't be stupid," I growl back at Rosy. I have had enough of Rosy talking to a human who obviously knows about Jasper and 'those like him'. "Give me the phone! We need to have a talk about a few things."

"After I finish my phone call," Rosy says tightly and retreats to the corner once again.

"I hope your not staying with him just because he got you pregnant," SHE says on the other end of the phone making my blood boil and freeze at the same time.

Rosy gives a tight laugh as she glances my way once again.

I have had enough. Rosy is going to hand over the phone. I will not put up with her defiance much longer!

"How about I call you tomorrow and we can have a long chat?" Rosy asks turning her shoulder towards me as I get within touching distance.

"Give me the phone," I order angrily.

"If I don't hear from you by 9pm tomorrow I'm going to the cops, you tell him that." SHE threatens on the other end.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow," Rosy promises hunching her shoulder.

"Give me the phone now," I growl savagely as Rosy leans away from me.

"Tawny, are you okay?" SHE demands frantically.

"I'm fine Lilly. Micah wouldn't hurt me ... I promise I'll call tomorrow..." Rosy says hurriedly into the phone. She hisses angrily as I snatch the phone from her grip and snap it shut forcibly.

"What the hell do you think you are doing talking to her? I will not have you having anything to do with her! And why does she talk as if she knows you're a werecat? Jasper and all like him? What does she know about werecats?" I demand angrily.

Rosy tries to move away from me and out of the corner but I crowd close frantic for an answer as I keep her contained in the corner.

"I will speak to whomever I want, you will never dictate to me who I can or can't speak to," Rosy shoots back defiantly.

A low growl rumbles in my chest silencing Rosy for a few moments as I battle for control of my temper. I want to hurt someone, preferably the person on the other end of the conversation I just overheard.

"Exactly what did you tell her about werecats?" I demand in a low dangerous tone.

Rosy has her shoulder to me, her upper body leaning away as she hugs both arms around the swell of our child. Does she imagine I would hurt her? Her? She doesn't answer my question or move other than to lower her head slightly and assume a more submissive stance.

Damn!

"I have never told her a thing about werecats or being one! As for her remark about Jasper she saw us together in human form one time and when she saw me nearly a week later I was battered and bruised after encountering a stray I didn't manage to avoid ... I let her believe it had been Jasper. That was easier than explaining the truth," Rosy says quietly but I can hear a thread of defiance in her tone.

"Why should I believe you?" I demand angrily.

"Why shouldn't you believe me?" Rosy asks curling her top lip as she turns her head to look me in the face.

This can't be happening, this cannot be happening. Don't defy me Rosy and don't openly challenge me in front of the others!

"Because, she sounded as if she was talking about werecats. Who knows what passes as pillow talk between two female lovers?" I growl angrily at her. Sheer fury blazes in my veins.

Why isn't she saying she has no intention of calling HER tomorrow?

"Why would I want someone who was that important to me at that stage to know I was some kind of freak?" Rosy demands hotly.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers