To The Love of My Life

Story Info
A letter from a wife to eulogize her husband.
903 words
4.71
20.2k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
972 Followers

I went to a funeral once and the wife of the departed did something I had never seen before. This woman wrote a note for the love of her life and read it as his eulogy. It was a beautiful heart wrenching sentiment to the one she loved. I thought I would come up with a letter in this same manner. It isn't a letter to anyone specific but I used my own wife for inspiration.

To the Love of My Life;

I never wanted this day to come. We knew that we living on borrowed time when we received that horrible news from the doctor. And in the two years you had left you lived every second to the fullest. It was like a gift from God that sparked a fire in you I had not seen since the days when we first struggled in our life together. You were hungry for life again and it was wonderful to see the light in your eyes even though you knew you were dying inside.

I will always remember our first and our last honeymoon. I remember you working so hard to take us back to the days when we first wed even getting the same hotel room. When you carried my across the threshold for the second time it was as if we were doing it for the first time. I felt so giddy and shy like I was on our first honeymoon.

How you played the gentleman even though you were a gentleman to the core. Holding the doors open for me as we entered each building. When you would pull out my chair for me when I was sitting down always left my heart fluttering. Even standing up when I would have to go to the bathroom and then being there once again to hold my chair for me. My love for you grew stronger every day, right until the final day God took you home. Your chivalry will be missed but not forgotten. You were a man from another time, a time that has long since been lost.

You took such good care of me you would have thought I was the one with the terminal disease and not you. Your warm inviting hands holding me so tight letting me know everything would be alright.

All couples go through tough times in their lives and we had ours but your strong disposition kept ever thing together. With you by my side I felt no matter what curve lay ahead, no matter what hill we had to climb safe, secure and sure we would be able to conquer all obstacles.

I am so going to miss you Love. I will miss the grand and the simplest of times we shared. The walks in the park, holding hands like we were still teenagers, the long deep kiss we would steal when we thought no one was looking will be treasured memories that I will visit often. I will miss just having our morning coffee together in the quiet of the living room, you reading your paper and me planning the day, no words spoken just a warm comfort of our bond of love.

I will miss the hearty laugh you would give one of my bad jokes or the wink you would give me when we would be at a gathering from across the room. Your eyes would make love to me in a way few ever get to realize. I will miss your surprises, the little gifts you would give me, the little notes of enduring love you would leave on my pillow for no apparent reason.

You were a strong man with good values. You were a great husband and father who brought up three wonderful children. I know they will miss you too. The values you instilled upon them present with each day of their successful lives. I know you are proud of them too, you told me often how well we had done.

I will miss the love songs that you would sing to me when we would go out for karaoke night. You were never embarrassed or ashamed to show your love for me. I am so glad that I will have your recordings to keep me company until the day I get to be with you again.

I thank you for never being mean to me. I am one of the luckiest women in the world to have had such a beautiful person as you in my life. I know you praised me all the time to your fellow workers and it would fill me with pride how you bragged about me constantly.

I love you my Darling and I will love you until there is no world or heaven left. I no longer fear death, you showed me such strength that fear is not allowed in my heart ever again and when God calls for me I will embrace it for I know I will be in your arms again.

I can go on and on and on about how much I love you and how you made my life wonderful because you did but I must let you go now. God is lucky to have a man like you working beside Him in heaven. I love you...I love you ....I love you.

You will always be missed and never forgotten

Your Woman

dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
972 Followers