Tomorrow Is Another Day

Story Info
Careful who you wish for
1.4k words
4.32
111.9k
62
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Britease
Britease
2,371 Followers

Time and other events in my life have been a constraint on me completing any stories lately, but I just stumbled on this one that I started some time ago, but never got very far with. Then lo and behold, an ending crept up behind me and took me completely by surprise.

No depth, no character development, no sex whatsoever, no proper start and an ending that will not satisfy all of you.

But I'm happy with it, and hope that most of you will glean some pleasure from it.

+++++++++++++

"Oh my God Mike," my lovely girl friend Debbie declared, raising her hand to her mouth in surprise. "You surprised me. I really wasn't expecting that."

"We've been going out for over a year now Debbie," I reminded her. "We get on so well and everything."

"I know Mike," she mumbled back. "But marriage! I just wasn't expecting you to ask me. Not yet anyway."

"No time like the present," I pushed her, a bit shocked that she hadn't leapt into my arms when I'd asked her to marry me a few moments before, expecting her to accept my offer with enthusiasm."

"I know Mike," she repeated thoughtfully, chewing on her fingernail, a bad habit that we both thought she had broken some time ago. "It's just that ......"

"Just what?" I demanded when her voice faded away, my own joyous mood beginning to crumble. "We've been living together for six months and hardly had a single argument. You tell me how much you love me five times a week."

"I do Mike. I do. I love you so much it hurts sometimes."

"Then what's the problem sweetheart?"

"I just don't know if I'm ready yet," Debbie replied, almost sobbed. "I do love you but I'm not sure I'm ready to make that commitment."

"It's a big step Debbie," I found myself encouraging her, my confidence returning once I'd discovered her hesitation was due to nervousness, rather than any doubts about me. "But we're in love. We suit one another. We both like kids. Both our parents would certainly approve. What could be more appropriate than us making it official?"

"The commitment," she replied simply, a single tear welling up in her eye.

"If we both love one another how can it be so hard to make the commitment to grow old with one another?"

"No trouble at all with that Mike," Debbie replied, her smile, uncertain though it was, the first that I'd seen since I'd popped the question. "I'd really like that."

"Then what's the problem?" I asked again, relaxing now that she was getting over the initial surprise and coming round to the idea of us getting hitched."

"That's not that commitment I'm talking about Mike," Debbie whispered.

"What?"

"I said spending the rest of my life with you is not the problem Mike."

"Then what is?" I asked, more confused than ever.

"Exclusivity Mike," Debbie continued in little more than a whisper.

"I don't understand."

"I'm guessing that if we married, then you'd expect me to commit to being faithful to you Mike, and I'm not sure I can do that. Not yet anyway. I'm simply not ready for a one man one woman relationship."

Gulp!

"You do understand don't you honey?" Debbie asked when I found myself unable to respond to her last statement, shocked into silence by the implications of what she'd just said.

"Faithful?" Was all that I could manage to stutter.

"Yes. You know. No other boyfriends or anything," she shocked me with.

"You want to replace me?" I grunted, confused. "You want a different boyfriend? I thought ....."

"Of course I don't want to replace you, you silly man," Debbie interrupted me, giving me one of her sympathetic looks. "You're my man Mike, my number one man."

"So what are saying Debbie?" I demanded, even more confused. "I'm your number one man aren't I?"

"Of course," she explained. "The others aren't so important."

"You're telling me there's a number two man in your life," I spluttered out, my life as I knew it collapsing around me.

"Not exactly a number two even Mike," Debbie mumbled, but loud enough that her words hit me like a train. "The other guys are just casual dates. Guys who hit on me at work or on the train or whatever. I hardly ever even go out on a second date with most of them."

"You've been dating other men?" I screeched incredulously.

"Of course I have Mike. Not every week or anything. Just when the occasion arises."

"You've been fucking other guys behind my back?"

"NO!" She exclaimed angrily. "I swear that I haven't been to bed with another man since I moved in with you Mike. I wouldn't dream of doing that to you."

"But you date them?"

"Yes."

Kiss them?"

"If I like them enough, sure."

Make out with them?"

"A bit. If I really like them."

"You let them feel your tits?"

"Sometimes yes. A few of them."

"Finger fuck you?"

"That's a yucky term," she replied, screwing up her face. "It's sometimes difficult to keep their hands away when I wear my short skirts though."

"So it's no then," I sighed, stunned by what she'd told me, and trying to regain my equilibrium.

"Not no, not just no," Debbie gasped, grabbing my arm. "Of course I want to marry you Mike, but just not this soon. We could get engaged if you want and plan to get hitched in a couple of years or so."

"And meanwhile?"

"We'll carry on as we are honey," Debbie smiled at me. "We'll be fine."

I stood there staring at her, not sure how to express what I was feeling. Not sure of much anymore.

"Well Mike, what do you think?" She demanded, grinning at me hopefully.

"About what?" I replied.

"My solution to your question honey," Debbie gushed tugging urgently at my arm.

"What question?"

"Your question honey," Debbie encouraged me, looking at me strangely.

"I don't remember any question Miss," I responded, giving her an equally strange look back.

"Mike don't be silly," she cried, clinging onto to my arm. "You asked me to marry you."

"Sorry Miss, but I don't know what you're talking about," I growled at her, pushing her hand away from my arm. "Who are you anyway?"

"Mike," she sobbed. "It's me Debbie, your girlfriend."

"Sorry Miss, I think you've got me mixed up with someone else." I informed her sternly, pushing her away from me as she tried to wrap her arms around me. "I don't think I know you, do I?"

"Mike honey; don't do this to me," she cried, tears running down her cheek, as she followed me, stumbling, as I backed away from her.

"Leave me alone young lady," I was forced to raise my voice at her as I physically pushed her away. "You're passably attractive but not my type at all."

"But ....But ....But ...." She sobbed, the tears now flowing freely and her make up smudging and making a mess of her face. Strange that I'd never noticed that she wore too much make up before that moment.

"It's the commitment Miss," I told her, looking down at her as she slumped to the floor. "Not ready to commit myself to a slut. But give me a ring sometime maybe. Five to ten years would be fine with me."

"But Mike," she screamed as I made to leave. "You can't leave me here like this. How will I get home?"

"I suggest you give some thought as to where you now live rather than how you're going to get there," was my stinging reply.

"But Mike!"

"Goodbye," was my final remark as I left the building. "Nice to have met you."

____________

I drove home in silence. No surprise there, as there was nobody to talk to. Didn't stop me from thinking deep thoughts though.

Would I miss her?

Probably!

Would I be able to replace her?

Eventually.

What was her name again?

What did it matter?

Have I still got the number of that slinky blonde with the boobs who spent the whole afternoon flirting with me last Friday?

No long term future with a bimbo like that if I'm being honest, but as a means to an end maybe .....?

Oh well! Tomorrow is another day, and there's a lot more fish in the sea.

Time to get my rod out??????

++++++++++++

Short and sweet, but maybe it will get me back into writing mood again.

We'll see.

Britease
Britease
2,371 Followers