Tragedy in the Oilfield

Story Info
A relationship finally ends with a distant shoot out.
7.6k words
42.4k
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
c1992w
c1992w
534 Followers

Author's foreword: Thanks for some good suggestions on my last submissions - in particular, '...develop your characters more fully...

In this story you are warned in advance it contains no masturbatable fucking, so it's not for everyone. Also, the characters speak English - because I don't know how to write any other way.

*****

Robb Corbin's two children were strapped safely into their carseats in the rear of the sedan while their Dad carefully threaded his vehicle through the huge parking lot of 'Magic Spur.' It billed itself as the 'largest and most celebrated C&W dance floor west of Fort Worth.' It was about 7:00 Friday this summer evening, and one could still be blinded by the bright sky. Now cooling, it had been a typically hot summer day and the dance hall was almost full of people by now. The energy industry employees of this 'oil-town' chilled out here making it the most popular 'watering hole' in the city. The cheap draught beer, large floor space, and the live band drew the crowds.

Robb eyed the sedan his wife of seven years drove, and once again, satisfied himself that she was indeed at happy-hour enjoying herself with her co-workers. He relaxed since she was where she said she would be.

Earlier, after he and the children had finished dinner, he bought them ice cream and when driving home he had spuriously decided to check the parking lot of the 'Spur' tonight. The reason was that he had stumbled across his wife's personal calendar just this past week and learned that over the past year about the only time his wife missed Friday Happy Hour was when she was in her period. This raised some disturbing questions and he became somewhat suspicious again. (It was 'again' because three years ago when his second daughter had turned one years old, a Houston billboard advertisement asked, "Is the Baby yours?" When he called the listed phone number, he was explained the procedure they required. This done, the certified results came back stating that Robb was not the father of the second child but was of the first. He never confronted his wife but decided to watch her closely. He wanted to see if her pregnancy was caused by a one-time affair where she was caught or was her promiscuity a habit. Besides, by this time he loved both children dearly and wouldn't willingly part with either no matter what.

As for Robb, as a young man, 'Handsome' was an adjective never used to describe him. But he was so technically brilliant to the point that that being ugly didn't prevent ladies from trying to attract him.

He went steady in high school starting in the 10th grade for three years plus the first three years of engineering school. He and his sweetheart, Millicent Flowers, could be found at each other's side most of the time.

A stunningly beautiful woman, Millie, who had been voted by her high school student body, "Most Beautiful," was quiet and studious herself - for example, she had made captain of the high school math team as a junior. She modeled clothing on the side and was popular for that reason (at least two students that Robb knew about then had department store sale paper pictures of Millicent modeling underwear that was taped inside their hall locker).

Both Robb and her being religious conservatives, they began copulating in a fit of passion. But both had convinced themselves previously that "God approves of our relationship," even though they were technically sinning.

Their intimate courtship lasted through the first three years of college, where her engineering degree plan was a mirror image of Robb's. They both studied hard and rarely took time out for passion.

But, during a 'get acquainted' dance both attended at the beginning of their senior year, Robb met Julie Delmont on the dance floor. He was struck dumb and fell immediately under her charms and convinced himself that he was madly and hopelessly in love — this after dancing with her just one time.

Like a gentleman that he was, he later went to his sweet heart of five years and said, "I have met someone who has stolen my heart completely."

Millicent asked, "Robb, that doesn't sound rational to me - our five years mean nothing?"

He replied, "It means everything to me. I will not continue to build a relationship with you when my focus is on someone else. Would that be fair to you?"

After agreeing and painfully smiling, she replied, "I wish the best for you because I love you so much." She kissed his cheek goodbye, while maintaining a stone face so that he never saw the pain and suffering the breakup caused her.

Upon graduation the high school sweethearts and college peers were independently recruited by the same firm, but started work in different offices. She dated but remained single and focused on community and church activities.

Later, she requested and was transferred from Houston to the same Permian Basin office, and worked in the same building as did Robb. This happened right after the rising star's farewell office party in Houston which celebrated the heading up the seismic operations.

Millicent now lives in a luxury apartment house a mile away from Robb's home and picks and chooses her dates, but remains single.

Robb and his wife Julie, by way of contrast, live tensely and unhappily in a four thousand foot home.

On this beautiful Friday afternoon in the grimy and pot-hole filled 'Spur' parking lot, he immediately threaded his way out and drove to the city park so his children could play on the equipment until dark.

Afterwards he bathed and read to the children and put them to bed. He then watched television until his wife came home. She had always made it home before 10 P.M. in the past.

———

At 3:00 P.M that afternoon Julie Corbin sat in her Accounting Department office cubicle of the Oilfield Maintenance firm where she worked as one of three accounting technicians.

In her very large high school in suburban Houston she had been just average looking at best, but excelled in Music - for example, she won the First Chair Cello position of the State Youth Orchestra. But, when she enrolled in the University of Houston she felt practically ugly by comparison to the divas that crowded the campus. She developed a complex about it. But, she compensated by wearing stylish clothes and keeping fit. She quickly developed the reputation of being a 'party girl,' so lots of male attention was paid her as such.

Julie had the good fortune to meet Robb at a Mixer dance in her fourth year and the two were in bed with each other by the second date. She liked him because his GPA was near 4.0 in engineering school. Every time she looked into his eyes, she saw dollar signs, and fell more 'deeply' in love. Since both were in different circles on campus, Robb didn't find out she was a' party girl' until years later. Both graduated the same year, went to work with two different Houston area firms, and they continued as each other's live in significant other until she accidentally became pregnant with their oldest child. At that point they got married in a small civil wedding. After the child was born 'prematurely' her husband got the big promotion and they transferred to the Permian Basin office 350 miles northwest of Houston.

Julie couldn't stand the initial separation from Robb weekdays, where by now her husband had settled into a routine of flying home weekends and flying back to the Permian Basin on Sunday evenings. In his absence, Julie contacted a former college lover who then often became her companion on weeknights while Robb worked 18-hour days in the oil patch. Soon she found herself pregnant again with this married party hound former peer. Despondent, because she knew the father wasn't Robb, she wanted to have a secret abortion but the social workers talked her out of it. So the second child became one of the 20 percent of children where the sperm donor is not the legal father of record. Robb fell madly in love with the newborn and it never crossed his mind that the child was not his. Then they sold their home and relocated to the oil field three years ago.

-

Today at work, Julie was focused on the clock and had planned to slip out early. Her cell phone beeped a text: 'Am parked rear of Spur back row. C U Soon. Ben here now will double with us tonight. Billy'

Julie silently smirked, "I will gladly put up with two men so I can enjoy Ben's 11-inch cock in addition to Billy's big 'pipe.' Oh Boy! Her underwear became wet at just the thought."

She closed down her workstation and locked her filing cabinet. After adjusting her Bra and blouse so that her nipples might be noticed, she grabbed her purse and the print out of the report that the senior accountant had asked her to prepare. She went into his office and closed the door behind her. As she handed over the report, she leaned forward on his desk. Her boss was trying to study the report with Julie's large tits and nipples in plain view.

She gave him her sexiest and most promising smile and said, "I double checked all the macros and the report is 100 percent correct. By the way, Boss man, I need to bug out early again, but I will make it up to you. Is that O.K.," she asked as she fluttered her eyes?

Still getting over the two shocks of Julie's report and the sight of her nipples he said, "Yeah. Go ahead as there is nothing more to do until the CEO sees this on Monday. Have a great weekend."

Julie hurriedly pulled into the Spur's parking lot at 3:30 and drove to the back row behind the cavernous nightclub. She parked directly beside Billy's car in the mostly empty lot this early in the day. She then texted him and thirty seconds later the two men she was expecting were walking towards the car next to hers. As soon as his car doors were digitally unlocked, she scooted into Billy's front seat clutching her gym bag. Her hunk got behind the steering wheel and hurriedly drove his car out of the parking lot.

Billy Waller was the roughest of Roughnecks, though today he was dressed in clean jeans and a T-shirt. When younger he had been a crew hauler on an oil well casing crew (The hauler plus three people cased a well being drilled so that polluted water would not mix with ground water. Also, he could beat any two of the crew's ass without even thinking about it, and at times did.) He had gone up in his career and now worked on a drilling rig as a well-paid Driller. He was single and completely convinced that he was the best lover in the oil field - though he didn't have a long cock, the diameter of his was legendary amongst certain females in the city.

By way of contrast, his best friend, Ben, who now sat in the back seat, had bragged that he, Ben, was the 'real' best lover in town because he had a full eleven inches when hard - Ben liked to think that he originated the expression, 'it takes two hands to hold a whopper.' That word, also, was out and circulated amongst certain females like stock quotes did amongst certain men.

Whenever the two had walked into the Spur, many of the ladies made their way over to say, "Hi" and hoped to be asked to dance the Texas Two Step for a song or two. Life was good, indeed, for these two 'good-ole-boy' Rednecks.

Julie had become intrigued with the Redneck Billy on the dance floor because he was known as the best Texas two stepper in these parts, where as she mechanically shuffled around the floor having just recently taken lessons. But Billy led her so well and made her relax so completely until any on-looker would swear she was an accomplished dancer.

In time Julie would leave her office mates and sit with Ben for a short while. A year ago she grabbed at his leg under the table and felt the thickest cock she had ever felt, and he wasn't even hard. Her heart fluttered and perspiration broke out on her forehead and she said to herself, "You will be mine, big boy!" She soon went home that night to keep Robb up until daylight demanding that he tongue her pussy and her ass hole to multiple orgasms while she focused her mind on Billy's big cock.

The following Friday night she and Billy had been dancing a slow waltz to the sound of fiddles and steel guitars backing up a nasal singer. He had said nonchalantly, "I want to fuck you, Julie. Lets leave here as I live five minutes from here."

She had replied, "I can not. Two small children and a husband will be upset if I am not home by 10 and my co-workers all know and like my husband and they will tattle on me." To that he had replied, "No problem. I will think of something and text you."

On Wednesday of the following week, Billy's text to her read: 'Friday Tell office no happy hour. hubby yes happy hour. Text me when U arrive Spurs. Stay in car. I will park beside you. Get in my car. I will have you back to your car spic-n-span by 9:30. Billy'

As usual she erased all correspondence as her heartbeat wildly with both delight and fear after texting Billy, 'Will do.'

Julie remembered having walked on air for the remainder of the workday, and then sucking poor Robb dry after they went to bed that night. She also again provoked her husband above and beyond Thursday night after encouraging him to take two of the Viagra pills. She wanted to be sure that he would be in no mood for sex on Friday after she got back from her announced, 'Happy Hour' outing with two men.

A year has passed since the first charade and now its about 9:45 and Julie is driving home after the most physical fuck session she can remember of the dozens with a total of five different Roughnecks - she especially felt ecstatic now as she remembered being sandwiched between the two guys. But, she physically hurt over most of her body, since the guys refused to stop or go slow when she screamed in pain. She felt tipsy from drinking too much and concluded that her pussy and ass hole hurt so much, 'Robb can not touch me for a week!'

At times like these her ecstasy alternated with a wailing scream, 'Why did I turn out to be a slut? What will happen to me? What do I say to my children or Robb - Dear God, my poor husband!' She started shaking and pulled to a stop, violently threw up, and then allowed herself to settle down before she could continue her drive home safely.

—-

Robb heard the garage door going up at 10:05. He smiled and hoped that Julie would be in the mood to chat for a while before bedtime. But that was not to be.

Julie cried out from the laundry room door, "Darling, I don't feel well and I got ptomaine poison from the dinner we had, I think. I need to go to the bathroom and then go straight to bed. Please? We will talk in the morning."

Robb replied, "Surely. I understand, Dear. You can sleep late in the morning. Wake me if you need me."

Robb later crawled into their queen size bed beside his wife. She was breathing heavily through her mouth emitting painful grunts, although she seemed to be asleep. After he fitfully slept for awhile, he was awaken by the sound of her retching in the bathroom.

He stood outside the bathroom door and asked, "May I get you anything, Dear, and are you O.K."

She replied, "I am O.K. and I am sorry for waking you up. We will talk in the morning. Go back to sleep, Dear."

The remainder of Robb's night was sleepless as he read using the bedside lamp. But, he alternately watched his wife snore whenever she turned onto her back. At one point he looked at her face completely void of make-up and concluded, "She is down right ugly, and I bet she was ugly in college but then I was just blind with lust. What have I done?" He then admonished himself by saying, "You will get through this, Robb."

After the children had finished breakfast Robb had cooked for them, he went to the pantry room to put a load of clothes in the washing machine, as he usually did on Saturday mornings.

The children followed him in and the oldest one asked, "Is Mom coming down?"

Robb replied, "No. She came in late and was sick so lets allow her to sleep in. You two go get ready for the birthday party. I will drive you there. Afterwards, she should be up. Got your presents wrapped?" At this they hurried up to their rooms.

The big clothes hamper was full this time and on top was Julie's casual day pants and blouse and underwear she wore to work yesterday. He started to sort the colors when he felt that her clothes were soaking wet - not to mention very smelly and slippery. Not wanting to believe what he was sensing, he was forced to conclude the dampness was a result of cock-tracks.

Robb thought he was going to be sick at his stomach as he sat down trembling. He then remembered that usually on Friday nights after happy hour she put a load of clothes in the washer when she came home, but was too sick last night to do that. His world crashed. His first tearful thought, though, was of Millicent, not his wife.

Robb escorted his children towards meeting the mother of the child giving the party; he encountered his neighbor who had her child by the hand to do the same thing. The two adults exchanged pleasantries while in the queue. He shocked himself because he actually started smiling as more parents he knew greeted them.

Driving home, Robb sketched his course of action in his mind. He then turned to entertaining his children. At home, his

wife still had not come from the master bedroom even though it was now lunchtime - the kids ate at the party. He announced that they could watch one movie and then he silently went up the stairs to listen at their master bedroom door. Silence.

He knocked and opened the door. Julie sat propped up in bed with her head resting on her knees. Tears streamed down her face but she said nothing and refused to look at her husband.

Finally, she asked, "Did you wash a load of clothes this morning?"

"Yes. Two,"

She replied, and then, " what did you do after that?"

"Dear, you must have forgotten. I took the kids to the birthday party. Both previously ate a good breakfast. They had pizza at the party, so here we are back. They are watching a movie. Both asked about you."

Julie snapped, "What did you tell them?"

Robb calmly replied, "Only that you would be joining them when you felt better."

For the first time she visibly relaxed somewhat and said, "I am sorry for flaking out on you last night. One of the people had a large 100 percent cacao chocolate bar and I ate half of it after some very bad pizza for dinner. That must have been what did me in. I thought I was going to have to call you to come get me I was so dizzy at one point."

Faking a warm response, he said, "Hey! Things like that happen to the best of us. How do you feel now?"

She smiled weakly and said, "My head has eased a bit, but I certainly don't feel like sex today or maybe not even tomorrow. Do you mind?"

After he painted a fake smile on his face with his response being, "No hurry. Sex, when one of the party is not having fun, is a bummer so I understand and you will find me patient."

For the first time Julie reached up and touched his face warmly smiling and said, "You are such a kind and wonderful husband and father. You know, the children treat me like hired help, and dote on you all the time."

"They love you, too, Julie. You know that. May I fix you some brunch, dear," asked Robb, forcing himself to smile and be inviting?

She said, "Yes - sausage, eggs, and toast with coffee. Please wait downstairs for me, will you dear?"

———

Monday morning as he walked into his office the phone rang and his administrative assistant stuck her head in the door and said, "Its the old man calling from his home in Houston!"

Picking up the phone, Robb forced a smile and said, "Good morning, Mr. Grimes."

"Robb, I convinced the majority stockholder to open up an office in the Bakken oil fields in the Dakotas. I have three manager trainees here and I want you to come down and choose which one we send. Or choose that we get another if you don't think either can handle a start up. "

c1992w
c1992w
534 Followers