Trailer Trash Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slickman
Slickman
8,147 Followers

"Well things might change but I think that's already been determined," Jim laughed. He looked at his father-in-law and smiled. "Thanks Dad." It was the first time he had ever called him that.

Jacob smiled. "You're welcome son. Oh yes, one more thing. I was talking to an old friend of mine yesterday before the track meet and he will be calling you. He's a home builder and would love to talk to you about developing this land. He said something to me about not charging you for your house."

"I think I know how you became so rich," Jim grinned.

Jacob looked around. "If you two do things right Jacob Creek might be the most elite place to live in Glendale."

"I'll talk to Emily about that," Jim laughed.

"Emily?"

"She loves Jacob Creek like it is now. If I mess it up she might never talk to me again."

"Shit don't let that happen," Jacob said seriously. "You must be a very proud father."

Jim felt his eyes tearing up. "You have no idea."

*****

Later that afternoon Jacob and Betty Cameron had their first meal ever in a mobile home. The older couple was so happy to be with their daughter and her family again they didn't care where the meal was. It was later as Emily and her Grandfather walked down the dirt road towards the school that Emily took his hand.

"Grandfather I think I'm going to marry Brandon."

Jacob smiled. "Did he ask you to marry him?"

"Not exactly...well kinda?"

"You're sort of too young to be thinking about that right now," Jacob smiled. "But just remember it's your life so don't ever let anyone tell you want you should do with it."

Emily squeezed it and grinned. "Come on I'll race you to the school house." It was only about twenty steps away. She did it as a joke but suddenly her gramps took off with his cane flying next to his bum leg.

Emily came in second but it didn't bother her.

It was later that night before the Grandparents left that Betty gave Emily an old hair band that she had worn many years ago when she ran track for Penn State. On the front of it was a small lion.

"Thanks Grandmother," Emily said.

*****

The next two months flew by and the whole State knew who Emily Miller was. Along with Missy they suddenly became the team to beat. It was at the State finals being held at Penn State that Emily and Sarah Jenkins met again. This time it was Sarah who was very nervous.

"Well this is it," Sarah grinned as the two walked around the starting line shaking their legs and arms to get loose. "I hear you are going to Maryland."

"Yes," Emily answered. "Did you pick a school yet?"

"University of Virginia."

"Hey...that's ACC too right?" Emily smiled.

"Yes...so I guess we will be seeing each other again," Sarah smiled. They moved into their positions and when the gun sounded they took off together.

Both were champions as they finished the first lap dead even. It went that way to half way around when both broke out into an open dash to the half-mile. The whole stadium had stopped as they watched neither girl give away an inch. No one was talking or even breathing when they approached the finish line and stepped across it at the same time. It was a photo finished.

Emily and Sarah put the breaks on and turned towards each other. "I think we both just beat the state record," Sarah grinned as they hugged while waiting for the results. The judges kept looking at the video until finally one pointed to the screen and the other one nodded his head. They turned and said something to the two coaches. Coach James suddenly started jumping up and down which mean of course that Emily had won.

"Congratulations," Sarah said disappointed but not surprised. "See you in the mile."

The coach ran over to her and hugged her. "You now hold the State record in the half-mile. Your time was 2:11:52 and Sarah's was 2:11:56."

"That's less than a second apart," Emily gasped. "But how can they accurately measure that?"

The coach smiled and touched a small puff of her hair sticking outward over the lion on her head band. "You literally beat her by a hair."

Emily glanced over into the stands at her Grandmother. "Thank you," she said knowing she couldn't hear her but maybe she could read her lips.

Missy had won the 200 yard dash earlier but had come in second in the 100 yard race. Glendale held a slim margin over Ridgewood when Emily and Sarah stepped up to the line. Sarah reached up and pulled her dark brown hair out a little and they both laughed.

Emily knew the mile was her best race and had done some extra practicing with Elvis and Boner. She knew she could stay even with Sarah and hoped that on the last lap her training would take over.

"Oh God I'm so nervous," Janet Miller said sitting in the Glendale High parents section.

"I know you've been kicking my leg for the past 30 minutes," Jim laughed. They all saw Emily turn and look in their direction and wave.

"GO GET IT EMILY!" Betty Cameron screamed before Jacob hooked her shoulder with his cane to pull her back down next to him.

Emily's smile left her as she stared down the track and waited for the gun. "BANG!" Suddenly they were off and she was running her last high school race. "Pace yourself," she thought while following Sarah by a half stride. They were neck to neck at the end of the first lap and had again put a large space between them and the others.

"WONKA...WONKA!" She heard as they passed the Glendale cheerleaders and band. Again they were even at the half mile.

"I can't look," Janet said putting her head down into her hands but she peeked through her fingers. "GO EMILY!"

Sarah smiled because she too had put some extra conditioning with a hired trainer as they passed the end of the third lap. One lap to go and neither girl was backing down. TV camera crews were running across the infield with the heavy cameras on their shoulders as they neared the last half of the race.

Sweat beads now formed and were changing in to droplets on Sarah's forehead as her breathing became labored. "Is she a machine?" She asked herself looking next to her at Emily who didn't even look tired. Sarah stared ahead and started her last kick to the line when Emily suddenly took off. "Shit."

"THE DOGS EMILY!" Coach James was screaming and yelling when he saw her gaining a big lead on the previous State Champ. "THE DOGS!!!"

Emily's body was a machine now that had been shaped by running up the hill to Brandon's house the past few weeks. Running on a flat track was like running down hill.

"OH MY GOD!!" Janet cried out with tears of joy when her beautiful wonderful daughter crossed the finish line giving Glendale its first State Championship in any sport. Sarah was a full five seconds behind her.

"I WON!!!" Emily's mind screamed but not a sound came out of her mouth. She immediately turned and saw Sarah smiling. "I think I'm going to transfer out of the ACC," the other girl said as they hugged. As they parted Sarah pulled Emily's arm. "Who is Elvis and Boner?"

"My trainers," Emily giggled. After that it was just a blur for Emily. Everyone wanted to hug her and the TV shows did a short interview.

"I kept my shoes on Daddy," Emily giggled when she hugged the man who had stuck with her for so long.

"I was wondering if they were going to come off," Jim laughed. Emily saw Brandon standing behind him last in line awaiting his turn at he girl he loved so much.

"Hi," Emily said with tears in her eyes. He wiped one away and pulled her sweaty body to his.

"I told Georgetown that I was coming," Brandon whispered. "We can get an apartment close to both schools."

"An apartment?" Emily said. "I don't think my father will allow that."

"I've already talked to him."

"You talked to...him...about the...apartment?"

"Yes...and I asked him if I could have permission to marry you."

Emily's heart stopped. She looked at all the quiet parents, family members, teammates and the cheerleaders and band as Brandon dropped to his knees in front of her. Even the TV cameras were pointing at her.

"Emily will you marry me?" His smile could have melted any woman's heart.

Emily who hated the spotlight at that moment didn't care if the whole world was watching. "YES...OH GOD...YES!"

Suddenly the whole stadium even the other teams started clapping and cheering. Emily pulled him up to her lips and gave him her best kiss.

Epilog:

Emily was a marked woman at Maryland but proved that Terrapins were not slow. After she and Missy led the Terps to the ACC championship their freshmen season they took their team to the NCAA finals the following year where Emily set a US record. Two years later in China Emily won a gold metal for her country. Brandon starred at Georgetown and took them to the Cotton Bowl where they lost to Texas. Emily was in the stands yelling, "WILLIE!...WILLIE!"

The Jacob Creek folks placed a large sign at the bottom of the hill just before you turned right into Cameron Estates.

"Welcome to Jacob Creek. Birthplace of Emily Miller who brought home the gold."

After her grandparents passed away and just after she gave birth to Brandon Jr. Emily started a scholarship fund for all the kids living in Jacob Creek. She and Brandon built the biggest house in Cameron Estates and every morning around 6:00AM you can catch her running next to her little son and husband. Elvis and Boner Jrs. ran behind.

*

The end...

Ending note from Slick: Even I got a little teary eyed at the end. Again you gave me some ideas and I ran with them. (pun) A reader after the Tomboy story asked me to use Maryland this time instead of UNC and Duke. This was a good story to write for me because I grew up in a hollow just like Emily and felt many of the things you read about in this story. Don't forget to write and vote ...WONKA...WONKA!.

Slickman
Slickman
8,147 Followers