Treacherous Devotion Ch. 02

Story Info
The best laid plans...
5.6k words
4.62
9.5k
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/28/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Julia reached the Dirus manor house at three in the morning, and thanked her lucky stars that she had remember to stick her entrance card in her shoe before taking off through the woods with Connor. All visitors to the compound had to enter through the front gate, but residents, with proper ID, could enter through an automated gate in the back. She quickly passed through the entrance and then made her way across the spacious backyard. She could see two couples in the hot tub that sat adjacent to the large pool. The lights in the water cast an eerie neon blue aura around the area, and she could hear the laughter from the occupants. The skinny brunette with the chin length hair was her sister Deena, who was currently sitting on her husband's lap. The other couple she didn't recognize, but that was not unusual, Julia never really ran with her sisters' crowd of friends.

She'd have to keep to the edge of the backyard for as long as possible as she made her way to the west side of the house. Her room was located on the third floor, but luckily the siding of the house was easily climbable. She had struck a deal with her maid, Elda, to leave her window ajar so she could climb through it. Elda had been a godsend for the past couple months, helping her avoid the detection of her father and making up excuses for her random disappearances and late night adventures. Tonight, Julia was supposed to be honing her night-time hunting skills.

Julia scaled the wall quickly, pushed her window up, and climbed through it, grateful that the group in the backyard had been too distracted to pick up on her presence. She didn't know why, but for the first time since she started her affair with Connor she had been incredibly nervous coming home. Probably because there was now bodily evidence that spoke of her guilt. There was no mistaking the bite on her shoulder as anything else but the claiming of a mate. Feeling the plush carpet of her spacious bedroom beneath her allowed her to start relaxing.

Passing by her bed, Julia felt the desire to just fall into it and pass out, but on her way here she had decided not to wait until morning to leave. Connor had said to meet him at eight-thirty but there was no way she could wait that long. She'd make her way back to the nature reserve and get a few hours of rest there. She would then slowly make her way to the meeting place. There was no point in staying here any longer; there was nothing here for her.

Julia flicked on the lamp onto of her nightstand and then knelt down by the side of her bed to pull a large chest out from under it. A layer of dust had settled along the top of the carved, wooden chest, and she coughed as she opened it. A hodgepodge collection of her mother's things could be found inside. She wouldn't be able to take most of the things inside of it --a beautiful white dress her mother had worn during her mating ceremony or her extensive jewelry collection- but she wanted to at least look at them once more. The only thing she did take out of the chest was a map. Her mother had loved geography and travel and had an extensive collection of maps and information about various locations. Grabbing a map of the five main lycanthrope territories in this state, she tossed it on the bed and then closed the chest. The other things she refused to leave without were sitting on her nightstand: her mother's over-stuffed leather-bound journal and a framed picture of the two of them joyously lying in the grass, surrounded by daisies.

Her mother had written about many things in her journal: stories and rantings about daily life, her joys and fears, and her concern with the direction her father's pack was heading. Amelia Arctos's father had been the alpha before Bronson Dirus mated with her. It had been the largest and most prosperous pack for over half a century. At least that was before Bronson took over and wasted pack resources on his plans for expansion. Bronson had once been a great mate to Amelia, but over time the corruption of power took its toll. Amelia could be seen constantly jotting down things into the pages of her notebook, and Julia had found it and kept it the day she learned of her mother's death. Reading the entries made Julia feel like she could still hear her mother's voice, like she hadn't lost her completely.

For now she took the picture out of its frame and placed it in between the pages of the journal. She found a small bag she could place her things in, and then set about choosing the clothing she'd wear. Stopping by her vanity, she ran her hands over the bottles of perfume, make-up compacts and keep-sake figurines that she'd be leaving behind. Her eyes settled on a silver necklace that had a star cradled into the curve of a crescent moon. It hung from the corner of the mirror, and upon seeing it her hand instantly went to her chest, Julia suddenly realizing that she hadn't been wearing it. The necklace had been a gift from Connor for their first month anniversary. He had cheesily claimed that she was the light of his life, shining like the sun in the day and penetrating the darkness of his nights like the moon. She had giggled and told him he was silly, but she had worn it every day since. In the excitement of seeing him, she must have forgotten to put it on. Remedying that, she picked up the necklace and clasped it around her neck.

When she finished packing and changing into the clothes she was going to wear, she took stock of what she was bringing and what she was leaving behind. As the alpha's daughter, she had everything under the sun. She was giving up thousands of dollars worth of designer clothes, shoes, purses and accessories to take a pair of black pants, a camouflage top, hiking boots, and a jacket. She wasn't exactly going to be stylish, but they would offer her the best freedom of movement.

Julia heard hurried footsteps carrying someone down the hall to her room, and she turned her head toward the noise. The footsteps had belonged to her maid, Elda, who quickly entered the bedroom and shut the door behind her. Elda was a short middle-aged woman, who had once had her own romantic love affair, and was therefore highly sympathetic to Julia's current situation. Elda's dark red hair was beginning to grey, but she was still beautiful to Julia.

"Oh Miss Julia, he is truly upset tonight," Elda whispered obviously upset. She hurried to Julia's side and grasped her by the arms. "You're father noticed your absence from the manor house again. He had invited Mr. Signatos over and had expected you to agree to the match. He was furious when he discovered you missing and demanded to know where you had gone." Julia's heart sank into the pit of her stomach. "He didn't believe our story and swore that he would get to the bottom of it. If anyone sees you, they are to take you directly to see him. He has been in his office all night, waiting for you to return."

Julia suddenly felt as if tension had dropped down like a blanket, engulfing the entire house. She couldn't wait a moment longer; she had to get out of there.

"I'm leaving right now. I just wanted to grab some things and change." Julia set her hands on her beloved maid's shoulders. "I'm not coming back this time, Elda. I'm mating with Connor. I want you to know how much I appreciate what you have done for us. And know that I am truly happier than I ever thought I could be." Tears began to form in Elda's eyes, and she hugged Julia fiercely.

"You don't understand. He told his guards to alert him when you arrived. That is how I knew you were back. I heard them talking about going to your father. They were hesitant to do so because they weren't sure if they really saw you on camera. They were going to check the gate entrance records."

"Shit," Julia said in response. This was not good. She'd have to run, and if they took her ID code away, the gate wouldn't open for her. She'd be trapped inside the compound. "Elda, Elda listen to me. I'm going to climb out the window again and make a run for it. If I'm caught I need you to take a message to Connor, could you do that for me?" At Elda's nod Julia set out trying to find a pen and paper to write a message of reassurance to Connor. She may not be able to meet him tomorrow, but she sure as hell was going to get to him somehow. Once done, she sealed the message and quickly related to Elda how to get to the Alliance facility. "Ok, now hurry back to your room. They can't know you saw me. I am so going to miss you."

The bag Julia had packed was one that could be worn as a small backpack. With so little in it, it would be hard to see under her jacket. So Julia, quickly swung the bag around her shoulders, put on her jacket and then climbed out the window.

Her father's office was at the opposite end of the large compound. It would take a minute or so to get to him once they were assured of her presence, and then he'd have to navigate the intricacies of the multiple-winged house. At best that gave her ten minutes from her original spotting, but how long ago was that?

She debated transforming into her wolf to gain speed, but rejected the idea when she realized she'd need to hold on to her bag. She kept close to the house, inching along the wall and peering around the corner. Her sister was still in the hot tub with her friends, and it would take a great deal of speed and stealth to make it to the tree line without being seen.

Julia inhaled deeply and then took off as fast as she could run. They must have been really drunk or completely oblivious to miss her, but miss her they did because they didn't call out to her. She backtracked the way she had originally come, and her heart skipped a beat when she saw the gate of the compound come into view. She was actually going to get away from here undetected. She slowed, wanting to make sure that no one was standing guard by the gate, and when she saw that it was clear, she reached and passed her ID card over the sensor. The tiny lights atop the black sensor box went from blinking red to green. But as she reached to open the gate, a large, gloved hand pushed against the metal frame, stopping her. There beside her was a guard she hadn't spotted. He must have been hiding in the tree line. Down below her she could see her sister talking to another guard, and pointing in her direction. Fucking bitch, Julia thought.

"I'm sorry Miss Dirus, but I'm going to have to ask you to come with me. Your father would like to speak with you in his office."

*******

Her father's office paid homage to everything masculine. The doors and windows were framed with black edges, and he had a matching black desk that was large enough for a grown man to lie down on from head to foot. Animal heads were mounted on the forest green walls and above the fireplace, and every piece of furniture was leather. Julia was currently standing on a very expensive green rug in front of her father's desk. Bruce, the security guard, was at her back, making sure she didn't flee. Her father was refilling his scotch from the recessed bar on her right, and had yet to speak a word to her.

"We found her at the back gate, sir. You were right. She did try to leave again," Bruce informed his alpha. Bronson Dirus was large male, all alphas were. He had slicked-back brown hair and looked to be about forty-five, although he was really much older. In his eyes was a fierceness that made him both respected and feared by the rest of his pack. Those same eyes were narrowed on the security guard as Bronson turned to address him.

"Of course I was right! Did you think I could be outsmarted by a twenty-five-year-old girl? A girl who turned out to be nothing but a pathetic whore who would spread her legs for any filth that walks the earth?" Julia's jaw dropped, not only had her father just horribly insulted her, but she thought she had covered her bases better than that. Her father stomped towards her, and backhanded her across the face. "That's right daughter. I know you've been with some mangy Wulfric bastard. Did you think I wouldn't be able to smell him on you? You reek of him. You're a walking testimony of your own disgusting behavior. Do you have some excuse for this despicable lack of respect for your Dirus name?"

Julia wasn't quite sure how to answer him. The truth was that she didn't respect her Dirus name; she hated it actually. Her choices now were to either play his game and beg for forgiveness or to stand up to him and let the chips fall as they may.

"I love him," Julia said, rubbing her stingy cheek and staring down at the carpet.

"I'm sorry, you what?" her father asked. "Answer me!" he demanded after Julia remained silent.

"I said, I love him! We are bonded and I intend to take him as my full mate." Julia met her father's stare, feeling slightly more empowered. She was sick of sneaking around. Her relationship with her father had long been over. There was no reason to pretend she was loyal to him any longer.

Angered beyond anything Julia had ever seen, Bronson's face filled with a bright crimson color, and his entire body began to shake.

"You goddamn treacherous bitch!" he hit her again across the face, this time hard enough to split her lip and knock her to the floor. "You've bonded with him have you? You let a filthy Wulfric dog fuck you? You are nothing but a stupid, stupid whore. I have given you everything you could ever ask for and this is how you repay me?" Bronson began to pace back and forth, fuming with anger. Staring down at her he asked,

"What's the bastard's name?" Julia had not expected this level of violence to come out of her own father. She knew he would be angry, and that he would attempt to keep her from leaving, but she never anticipated him actually hurting her. "Don't make me repeat myself Julia." The wild, unhinged fire she could make out from behind his eyes was the only reason she felt she needed to answer him. She had no idea what her father might do to her.

"C-Connor. His name is Connor Wulfric." Upon hearing her answer, Bronson let out a yell of unadulterated hated.

"The alpha's fucking son! You bound yourself to the son of my greatest enemy. He's the presumed successor to the alpha rank! Do you know what you have done?" Julia had no response for him. So she just lowered her eyes and waited. "You were supposed to be the wife of Darian Signatus. A mating between the two of you would have ensured the union of our two packs. Your children would have grown to be the future alphas and leaders of our combined territory; together we would annihilate the pathetic Alliance. Their tolerance of the humans has left them weak, and you have now joined them." Bronson reached down and grabbed Julia by the hair, causing her to cry out. He pulled her up so that he could speak in her ear. "I will not tolerate such weakness," he spat, "especially not from you." Throwing her back down to the floor he turned to Bruce, "You may show Darian in now."

The man who entered, was just as menacing-looking as her father. He had long blonde hair that did nothing to soften the sharp lines and angles of his face. He moved with a grace that seemed unnatural, his calm demeanor announcing to everyone that he was a man used to getting what he wanted.

"She reeks of Wulfric, Bronson. What was the point in delaying my departure if this is the reward I am offered. You can't honestly expect me to mate her now?" A quick flash of worry crossed Bronson's face, but then it was gone, replaced by a mixture of resolve and disgust.

"No, you cannot mate with her now. She has bonded with a Wulfric, but that doesn't mean she lacks usefulness. I hear you have a new training facility that needs servants. I would be much obliged if you would take her off my hands." Julia rose to her feet, not about to let her father give her away without fighting against it.

"You cannot just sell me! I refuse to work for him! I'd fight him the entire time." This time it was Darian who slapped her; she was really getting sick of that.

"Oh, you say that now, my pet," Darian calmly stated, "but we have our ways of insuring you cooperate." Darian then turned his attention back to Bronson. "You're lucky, old man, that I am in fact in need of servants for my men. They have become restless and would love to have a new playtoy. Plus, it is in my own interest to keep the bitch away from the Wulfric pack. Without her, the male won't be able to breed, and one less Wulfric is one small victory for me." Darian chuckled at the look of disgust and fear that past over Julia's face. "But you'll have to remember that it is I who am doing the favor here. I will expect compensation in the future."

"Of course, my friend. The smell of Wulfric blood in my house nauseates me; I would be very grateful if you'd take her. You have but to ask, and I will grant you anything you wish." Bronson then firmly shook Darian's hand, sealing their business deal.

Darian paced around Julia, circling her, taking in her appearance and inspecting his newest acquisition. "She is a beauty Bronson. I would have been proud to have her stand by my side, to share in my glory. Perhaps there is one small consolation though. In a few months, when the stench of her bonded weakens, she can warm my bed for me." Darian drug his hand down the side of her cheek in apparent appreciation for the softness he felt. "Tsk, it's such a waste." He trailed his hand down the side of her neck and to the exposed skin above her scoop neckline. He could feel the necklace beneath the fabric and used two fingers to pull it out and into view. "Do you recognize this symbol Bronson? I do believe it is the symbol the Wulfric pack uses to show affection." He snapped the necklace from around her neck, causing a thin red welt to appear. Then he hit her hard in the temple, causing her to crumple to the floor, unconscious. Tossing the necklace to Bronson, he readied to take his leave.

"Have her taken to my car. I leave in five minutes," Darian said to Bruce, unfazed by what he'd just done. He walked towards the door, but before leaving the room he turned to Bronson, "What are we to do about the male she mated?"

"He is not just any male," Bronson answered, leaning against the desk and toying with the silver necklace. "He is Randolph Wulfric's son, and I will see that he is taken care of. If on your way out you could ask Hanes to send for a maid named Elda Brighton I would greatly appreciate it." Darian nodded, satisfied with his friend's ability to handle the matter. He then turned towards the entrance of the manor. He had been kept waiting all night to find out that the woman he was supposed to mate had already given herself to another. He did not like to have things taken away from him, and he was going to make sure she learned that very soon.

******

Connor hadn't even bothered returning to the Wulfric mansion the night before. He had called Quinn and Garrick to ask them to meet him at the Alliance combat facility this morning, saying he had someone important he wanted to introduce them to. Though curious, they hadn't asked too many questions and had agreed to be there.

He couldn't sleep, and when he got into the bed in the small room he claimed when he was here, all he did was toss and turn. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw Julia beautifully naked between his thighs, claiming him as hers. He had been perpetually aroused all night and even his multiple self-help sessions didn't seem to be making a difference. His entire body was filled with a sense of anxiety, like he had to be somewhere else. He knew that his place was by Julia's side, but he wasn't so stupid as to rush off into Dirus territory without a plan or backup. Luckily for him, he only had to make it through a few more hours of this torture and Julia would once again be in his arms.

When sunlight began to pierce through the slats covering his window, Connor decided he had feigned sleep for long enough. He sat up, and swung his feet to the floor. Involuntarily his hand rose to the center of his chest, rubbing at the dull ache that had formed there a few hours ago. Julia needed to hurry up and get here. If he had to wait another day, he wasn't sure he could keep himself from going after her.

12