Trembling On the Edge of the Cliff

Story Info
A woman is emotionally and physically entangled with a music teacher.
859 words
3.65
8.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first submission here; I'm a music student myself and have flirted with the idea of erotic literature for a while, hoping it might help me learn. This one will be a slow burner, if you will, but hopefully you find it worthwhile! Thanks for reading, kind stranger, and please, let me know what you think.

************

Daphne walked slowly up to the door of the towering house, apprehension sitting heavy on her shoulders, violin case heavy in her hands. Her life had fallen gradually into disarray over the past months, but she had found music as one might glimpse a gentle light while lost in the darkness of a cave. It helped her to think, to focus and relax.

She climbed the steps and knocked, waiting with bated breath for answering footsteps within. Though this was not her first music lesson, the shy young lady's nervousness had not completely diminished; not to mention, something had changed within the past two weeks. There was a strange new tension slowly building up with her instructor. She couldn't quite place what it was, but it brought a flutter to her stomach and a blush to her delicate features.

Mark swung the heavy door open, his intense expression giving way to lightness as he saw his visitor. Standing just over six feet, he dwarfed Daphne, despite his slim build. Brushing his auburn hair out of impenetrable gray eyes, he laid a firm hand on her shoulder and steered her into his abode.

Already, she could feel that delicious tension building, though she was inexperienced and naive, and not quite sure what to make of it. Mark had lit candles, and he strode off as she unpacked her instrument, returning with two glasses and a bottle of wine. He dragged the music stand out of a shadowy corner as she finished tuning, and the lesson formally began.

"I'd like to start you on a new piece today, though you'll feel it to be a bit out of your grasp at first. It's simple enough once you have it under your fingers, and I'll walk you through it."

Daphne nodded in acceptance and began struggling through the piece, feeling her frustration mount with every botched note.

Mark watched keenly, leaning forward a bit, and spoke as he handed her the wine glass. "Here, take a drink, relax a bit, and let's try over again. Don't be afraid to play it slowly."

She began once again, slightly improved but still painfully. As Mark's attention increased, she became more nervous and started to lose what little grip she had on the music. Eyes twinkling with friendly laughter, he climbed to his feet and moved to stand behind Daphne's chair.

"We're going to try something a little different; do you trust me?"

Heart rate increasing, she answered ambiguously, both fearing and yearning for his touch. He laid his hands gently upon her shoulders and let her get used to the weight of them.

"Relax", he admonished her. "You've got to loosen up a bit, feel the music, and embrace failure. I can feel how tense you are." His hands began to work, slowly rubbing circles over her hunched shoulders. He increased his pressure and leaned into her as he felt the tension start to loosen. He moved down her arms, caressing gently as he went, until he held a wrist in each hand. He encircled them, firmly but carefully, and drew them up over her head to his mouth.

Planting a tender kiss on each, he spoke again, breaking the tension so present in the room. "Don't be afraid. I care for you, and I'd like to help you. Trust, sweetheart. Now begin again, and this time I'll help you." Mark covered her fragile hands, now beginning to shake, with his own large, sturdy ones. He guided her through the challenging piece, and then started again. Gradually, her attention elsewhere, he leaned farther over her and removed his hands from hers, much as a loving parent finally lets go of their child's bicycle with the training wheels newly removed.

He moved his hands back to the tops of her shoulders, gently cupping the back of her neck. He lowered his mouth to the top of her ear, just visible between her long, golden waves and kissed it lovingly, tracing the outline as his hands gathered her hair. His lips traced down the contour of her ear to her freshly revealed neck, and the music tapered off.

Mark walked around to face Daphne, and gently took the violin away, laying it in the waiting case. He planted a kiss right on her cheek and extended his hand to her, whispering, "Trust", as he did so. Quivering with a mixture of fear and arousal, she looked him in the eye, stood, and grasped onto his outstretched hand. Whatever happened now was beyond her control, as she followed him down the long hallway to whatever he had planned for her.

**************

Once again, thanks for reading! I know that was a slow build-up, and nothing much happened, but things promise to heat up in the next installment!