Tri-ethereal Ch. 00

Story Info
Prologue
750 words
3.75
30.2k
5

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 10/28/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BADSAM689
BADSAM689
234 Followers

There are three classes of Tri-etherealians: Unamorphs, commoners and Trimorphs.

A Unamorph can be of the noble class – those who inherited their wealth and status – or a civil aristocrat – those who possess wealth but are not nobility. Civil aristocrats control most of the wealth in Tri-ethereal. They are the bankers, the lawyers, the landlords, the shipbuilders and those who own businesses that contribute greatly to the economy of the district in which they are located.

The second class of citizens are the commoners. They are the working class. They work for the Unamorphs, both nobles and civil aristocrats. There are some commoners who own their own businesses but these businesses are small, such as bakers, blacksmiths, shoe repairs, butchers and the like. Individually they do not contribute very much to the overall economy of the district in which they are located.

About eighty-five percent of the population of Tri-ethereal are commoners.

Finally there are Trimorphs. They are the outcasts. It is against the law to be a Trimorph. When one is discovered she or he is exiled or put to death.

The royal council of Tri-ethereal makes the laws. The royal council is headed by the Presiding Officer, who assumes the title of Count upon taking office. When the Count cannot perform his duties then the Keeper of the Records heads the royal council. With the exception of the Count, the royal council is composed of Lords of the noble class.

A new Presiding Officer is elected every seven years by the civil aristocrats from among themselves. He is chosen because of his great wealth and political influence. He cannot be re-elected. However, he can serve one second, non-consecutive term in office. He looks out for the rights of the civil aristocrats.

The Keeper of the Records is held by Lord Kennington. He inherited the position from his father. His son will inherit it from him when he retires. The Keeper of the Records decides what laws will be debated and when the council is in session. He holds the real power in the royal council.

The royal court hears legal matters and interprets the laws. Seven Lords from among the noble class are chosen at random every six months to serve on the royal court to act as jurors – one Chief Juror and six jurors. Once a Lord has served as a juror he is then free from serving for two years. The Keeper of the Records is exempt from serving.

The king's Chief of Staff is chosen by the king with confirmation from the royal council. A simple majority is sufficient to confirm him. Most of the time, he is of the noble class.

The king usually acts under the advisement of his Chief of Staff in most decisions. In other decisions he acts according to the will of the majority of his subjects, both Unamorph and commoner alike.

The king of Tri-ethereal can grant a pardon or clemency in any decision of the royal court. He holds veto power over any law that he believes to be unjust. However, a two/thirds majority of the royal council can override the king's veto.

A two/thirds majority of the royal council also holds veto power over the decisions of the court.

Tri-ethereal is divided into 30 districts plus the king's district. Each district is ruled by a Lord of the royal council. The Lord of each district is guided by the laws set by the royal council. He holds his own court for those who break the law in his district. He usually appoints a District Prosecutor, a civil aristocrat, to prosecute criminals. Each district also has its own sheriff. He too is a civil aristocrat.

The king will usually appoint a Lord to rule his district.

Those who break the law in the king's district are tried by the royal court. In the royal court it is the Public Prosecutor, a civil aristocrat, who prosecutes criminals. The civil aristocrats elect the Public Prosecutor from among themselves. Also, special cases and appeals are referred to the royal court.

For special cases a special prosecutor is chosen. This is usually the Presiding Officer of the royal council.

At present there are 15 Lords who do not rule a district. These Lords hold various positions in the kingdom, such as Keeper of the Records, Keeper of the Treasury, the Sheriff of Tri-ethereal, the Lord of Education and other such positions. These Lords also vote in the royal council.

BADSAM689
BADSAM689
234 Followers