Tribute Tales: in Memoriam Alternate

Story Info
Alternate ending to SirThopas fine tale about twin betrayal.
5k words
3.89
78.9k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpete
cpete
1,720 Followers

SirThopas wrote an outstanding story about twin betray called Tribute Tales: In Memoriam (http://www.literotica.com/s/tribute-tales-in-memoriam). I urge you to not continue any further until you read his story first –or this tale may not make too much sense. SirThopas offered readers to make their own ending. This is my attempt at an alternate ending. Again I urge you to read SirThopas Tribute Tales:In Memoriam (http://www.literotica.com/s/tribute-tales-in-memoriam).

++++++

...Did you read SirThopas Tribute Tales:in Memoriam yet?...last chance...

OK for those who wish to miss out on the great story SirThopas wrote called Tribute Tales:in Memoriam here is a summary of the story.

Chris the husband was on a trip -his wife Andrea died in a freak slip and fall shower accident. Chris then left his young son William in the care of his wifes twin sister Amy. The stunned Chris tries to mourn for the death of his wife Andrea. Chris then comes to find it was not his wife Andrea who died in the freak accident at his house-but the twin sister Amy. The twin sister Amy died while covering for a long term swapping/affair arrangement between the brother-in-law John and Chris's wife Andrea. In the aftermath Chris's wife Andrea assumed the dead twin sister Amy's life.

An excerpt from the confrontation...Tribute Tales: In Memoriam

++++++

"Chris..." new tears sprung to Andreas swollen face. "Please. I've dreamt for so long of being able to tell you the truth, of finding some way to come back to you. Please! Now we can be together, again! I know you've missed me."

I looked down at her, then around at the middle class domesticity of her little world. I had to admit, I had missed her.

And then I knew what it would take for me to take her back.

"Okay," I said flatly. "Kill John."

I've never seen fear spread so clearly across a person's face. "What did you say?" she asked.

"Kill John," I repeated. "You cheated on me. You betrayed me. You lied to me. You let me believe you were dead, and for what? To avoid having to own up to your own failure as a wife and a mother. Okay. What John did to me was just as bad. He fucked my wife, for years, behind my back. And when his wife died he said nothing. He let me believe it was my loss, not his. To protect his little world he destroyed mine. And he's been living my life, with my wife and my son, creating memories with them that I am not a part of, for two years. I don't know if I have it in me to hate you, but I sure as hell hate him. If I mean so much to you, if you want me back so badly, that you can murder your lover, I honestly and truly will be willing to try and take you back. To try and rebuild what we had."

"But...why?" she was horrified, her eyes darting like an animal looking for escape.

"Because you killed me. And he stood at your side and claimed all the benefits of that. So if you kill him, then and only then will I know that I mean at least as much to you as he does."

"That's not..."

"I'm not debating it, Andrea. And I'm not going to compromise. If John is dead, there is a future for us. If he is alive, there isn't. Anyway," I spat on the ground, "the son of a bitch should really be with his wife, don't you think?"

"You're scaring me, Chris. This isn't funny."

"I'm not joking. You don't have to do it. You can just keep living here with him. Either way, I'm taking my son William."

"What?!" She leapt to her feet. "You wouldn't!"

I stared at her, genuinely surprised. "Of course I'm taking him," I stated. "And there's not really anything you can do about it, AMY," I emphasized the name. "I'm his sole surviving parent unless you want to reveal to the world who you really are. And while I don't claim to know much about legalities, I imagine that doing so would get you in quite a bit of trouble. Stealing a dead woman's identity for the last two years? Forging documents, deceiving officials? How much of Andrea's life insurance money went to you and John? How much of it did you spend? Not to mention how your mother and Andrea's and Amy's friends and colleagues might take the news. Hell, it's quite a story. Crazy enough for major news agencies to pick up. And it certainly wouldn't get you custody, would it?"

She was sobbing now. "I can't believe you would do this. I don't know you anymore!"

+++++++

I left Andrea -aka Amy crying, walking to the porch opening the sliding door where John was standing behind the glass.

"What did you say to her!" John yelled at me.

"Oh nothing, just that I hope you and your original twin cunt of a wife Amy meet real soon in hell."

"Chris you..you.. heartless Son of a Bitch!" John said, grabbing my arm.

I stared at John until he dropped his grip. "I'm the heartless son of a bitch John? You and my wi...that creature out there –lie, betray, cheat, conspire, cover up, stab me in the back, try to steal my son-and I'm the heartless Son of a Bitch?" I paused for second. "Well what does that make you two individuals then?"

John had no answer, he turned and ran outside to Andrea aka Amy. She was still sobbing, but kept shaking off any attempt John made to embrace her.

I walked to the stairs calling my son William. He came out of a room, climbing down the steps slowly.

"Hey Will buddy!" I said grabbing him in a hug. "Great News! You get to come stay with me now!"

William looked a little uncertain. " but Dad..I kinda like it here."

"I'm sure you do son. But I bet you are going to like it even more at my place. My complex has a built in swimming pool and there is a dirt bike track at the end of the street behind our place a little ways."

"A DIRT BIKE TRACK!" I saw Williams eyes get wide. "Can I get a dirt Bike Dad?"

"Sure Will, I think you are old enough. A bunch of boys in the neighbor have them-so you want to be able to keep up. We'll need to get you riding lessons first."

"Coool Dad!" Then William suddenly got a mournful look on his face. "Dad what about Mom? I mean..you know the SECERT now, can't we get back together as.. like a family. You are not mad at me for keeping the secret are you? I promised Mom about her secret."

"No son I am not mad at you. You're my boy, I will always love you no matter what. But I am going to be straight with you-no more lies. I am more upset with your Mom and what she did. It does not mean she loves you any less. We are family, Family is not supposed to keep secrets from each other. Family needs to help each other-can't do that when you hide secrets. You and me-we need to have each others back."

William still was not convinced. "Dad you sure you are not mad at me about the Aunt Amy ..um secret thing?"

I put my hands on Williams shoulders and looked right into his eyes. "No son I do not blame you at all in any way shape or form. Do I wish you had come to me right away?-Yes. But that is over now we need to keep open with each other. Always tell the truth." I squeezed his shoulders. "Got it Sport!"

Williams face brighten. "OK Dad. Um..does that mean Mom can come with us?" He pointed at Andrea outside on the porch by the above ground swimming pool. She was in an animated discussion with John. We were too far away to make out the words they were saying, but neither one looked happy.

I rubbed Williams hair. "Son I think your Mom has decided to stay here and take care of your Uncle John." I put a smile on my face to keep down the bile. "But hey buddy she got you all to herself for almost two years-now I think it's time for just us men. What do you say-just us guys-two Dudes?"

"Ah.." William still looked doubtful.

"You know there is a Karate place in the strip mall by our complex. If you promise to keep your grades up when school starts, we can get you enrolled."

That sealed the deal. "Wow DAD that is...Frigging AWESOME." William gave me a fist bump. "When are we going?"

I thought for second. "We will start out in the morning. Tell you what, I have some time off work coming. Let me rent a little RV camper, we can drive cross country to the complex. Do some camping along the way."

William was more then excited. "Really Dad! Cross country and camping! Just like the pioneers in the olden days?"

I chuckled. "The early pioneers may have used a different type of GPS and didn't have as many KOA campgrounds -but aside from that it should be the same."

"OK Dad I am going to pack right now." Will gave me a high five and bounded up the stairs.

++++++++

I was laying on my bed in the hotel late that night. I had a lot to do in the short time since I had left my son William and that two faced brother in law John with my traitor liar wife Andrea -or Amy -or whatever she called herself today. I had rented a little RV, plotted out a trip, checked out spots to view and camp sites along the way. When my cell phone rang I was half asleep, but I became wide awake when I saw the caller ID display. It read "METRO POLICE".

Trying to keep calm I answered the phone and identified myself. After a quick verification of my name and relationship the authoritative voice on the other end of the phone took a more sympathetic tone.

"I am sorry to say there has been a tragic accident at your Brother in laws home tonight..."

I interrupted him in a panic. "MY SON –William-is he INJURED! What happened! Is William OKAY!"

"Sir please calm down. Your son is fine, he has no injuries, he was not really involved in the accident. We need you to come over and take custody of him. Things are..hectic here and may be for a while."

"I will be right there." I snapped shut the phone terminating the call without even saying goodbye –grabbing my rental car keys while racing for the door.

++++++

At the house there were several patrol cars with lights flashing as well as an ambulance. A Con Edison Utility truck was in the driveway, along with a van from the city morgue. A gaggle of neighbors were gathered on the sidewalk and lawn. It took me a few minutes to clear the crowd, finally meeting up with the lead Metro Patrol Officer.

"I am sorry for your loss." The big man in blue began. "Looks like what happened here was your brother-in-law." He consulted his notes. "Ah..John.. was attempting to repair the Air Conditioning and got himself electrocuted."

I looked at the Metro PD Officer with a stunned expression.

"..seems the house had one of the old outside air handlers with those open contact closures for power. My grandparents used to have one of those kinds. The high voltage contacts used to get dirt and stuff on them. Had to clean the contacts once or twice a season." The officer closed his book. "Your brother-in-law John must have forgot to turn off the main circuit breakers before cleaning the contacts-poor son of a bitch."

The officer looked around then lowered his voice so only I could hear him. "We think him and the missus had been drinking this evening. We found a bottle of wine and whiskey on the kitchen table. Both bottles were almost empty. The M.E. will tell us more later, not that it matters. Looks like a tragic accident. Any fool knows booze and high voltage are a bad combination."

"Where is my son now?" I asked. I was still in shock.

The Police Officer slapped me on the back. "Quite a boy you got there. Really kept his cool. Knew enough not to touch the body, He even turned off the breaker and called 911. He is upstairs now beating the pants off one of my young officers in some type of Alien Nazi Ninja video game."

My body sagged in relief. "What about his moth..his aunt?"

The officer pointed at a window upstairs in the house. "I believe the paramedics put her in bed. When we got here she was in hysterics, almost absolutely incoherent. They gave her a shot to settle her down. We wanted to bring her to the hospital, but she refused to go. Last I saw the lady was resting."

I turned away jogging up the steps into the house.

++++++

It was 2AM when the last patrol car left and 4AM before I could get William off his adrenaline rush and to sleep. I felt like I had just fallen asleep myself when someone was shaking me. Sunlight was peeping thru the curtains, it must have been mid-morning. Rubbing my eyes I saw it was Andrea jolting me awake. Pushing Andrea away I sat up on the couch to face her. Andrea looked like hell. She was still wearing clothes from the night before, her hair was a tangled mess, with make-up streaked all over her face.

We stared at each a few minutes before either of us spoke. I finally broke the silence. "Congrats Andrea-or are you still going by Amy? I didn't think you had it in you."

"Chris wait." Andrea interrupted me. "There is something you need to know..."

"Wait let me guess." I got in before she could finish. "You're not really Andrea, but a third sister Amber. No no wait wait-you are a brother in dressed in drag..um..how about Adam. Am I close?"

Andrea was quivering as she grabbed my sleeve. "Chris you need to listen to me, this is important."

I shook her off my sleeve. "Whatever it is Andrea it can wait until I get some coffee." With that I got up and made a move toward the kitchen.

"I didn't kill John!" Andrea shrieked at me.

"Sure whatever." I stretched and stifled a yawn. "I am not sorry John is gone, although you could have chosen a less painful method, even he didn't deserve the way he died." I emptied some coffee in the maker. "Andrea or Amy- try to keep your voice down, you will wake up William."

I gave in and yawned not even looking over my shoulder at her. "Johns death was an accident, I get it. That is your story and you are sticking to it."

"No Chris you need to listen to me. It's about William, we need to get him some help."

"True enough Andrea.. I really wish you would have waited until William was away. No child his age should see two deaths while so young. Plus you laying on him the heavy burden of being sworn to a secret that hurts the most important male figure in his life-me. You have really done a number on William." I plugged in the coffee pot. "I know I said if you offed John I would try to get us back together. But you scare me. I am going to take William and get us away from you for a while. After everyone gets their heads screwed on straight we can talk, but as soon as William gets up we are out of here."

Andrea put her hands on top of her head like a little kid then said. "I didn't Kill John, and it was not an accident. OUR SON WILLIAM KILLED JOHN!" Andrea then collapsed onto the couch.

I was on Andrea so fast she never saw me coming. Grabbing Andrea by the shoulders I pulled her up, putting our faces inches apart.

"What kind of mother are you! You would kill your lover then try to pin the murder on your own son!" I released Andrea and she fell onto the couch.

Andrea was trembling. "I swear it is true. William told me last night. That why I became unhinged right before the police came. I thought they were going to take William to jail."

I was pacing the floor in front of the couch. "You know I thought you could not sink any lower then fucking around on me, then moving in with your lover after stealing your dead sisters Amy's ID, rather than having the guts to face the truth. But trying to sacrifice your only child to save your own skin.. that is.. that is just pure evil." I stopped to face Andrea "You may really wish to withdraw that 'Mother of the Year' entry in Family magazine."

"Chris we need to get William help. I swear to God it is the truth-I did not kill John. William told me he did it. William caused Johns death. It's the Truth!"

"Truth Andrea?" I spat at her. "Is it the kind of truth I can expect from a cheating liar who stole her twin sister's identity and forced her own son to lie to cover up her affair? That kind of truth?"

Andrea had her head in her hands. "Ask William. He said he heard our conversation on the porch where you claimed the only way we would get back together is if John was dead." Andrea looked up at me. "William had helped John repair that old AC unit a few times. Our son William said that when he saw John go to work on the AC unit last night he snuck down the stairs and activated the breaker to send power to the AC unit. That is what killed John." Andrea reached out at me. "William did it on purpose, he killed John. William said we could be a family now that John was gone..."

"LIAR!" I almost shouted at Andrea. Then a thought hit me. "Andrea did you get William to swear to another promise? Make up this story and get him to admit to Johns death to save your own skin in case the cops started looking around?"

"NO Chris –never, I.."

"I see it now. You got William to lie once to protect your ass-why not do it again? Worked once-should work again. Who is going to doubt a little kid. Heck he would only get some juvie time or maybe a stint in a psych ward." I shook my head. "My God woman, you are like one of those creatures that eat their young. Andrea you need some serious help." I stopped pacing. "William and I are out of here. Stay out of our way, I have never touched a women-but you try anything to stop us -you are going down. I will deliver you to the police myself."

"Chris you can't do this. Just ask William, we need to think of William." Andrea pleaded.

"Oh I am thinking of William." I said walking up the stairs. "Which is why if you stand aside I am not going to expose you. Turning you in would make Williams life a living hell of trials, lawyers and courtrooms, plus seeing his mother in a prison or mental hospital. William does not need that kind of circus. But you Andrea -you got to get some help."

++++++

William was laying in bed with his headphones plugged into the MP3 player I got him last Christmas.

I thought "Thanks God he did not hear us downstairs."

I pulled off his headphones and William sat up on the bed to face me. He had a worried expression.

"Hey Champ how we doing?" I said rubbing his shoulder.

"OK I guess" William replied looking at his feet.

"Remember what I said about telling the truth and no more secrets last night? Well I gotta ask you some questions and you need to be 100% straight with me-OK?"

William sighed before answering. "OK, but what if you get mad?"

I gave him a quick hug. "Son I got your back. But I need the truth if I am going to protect you. Understand?"

William nodded his head.

"Ok then why don't you start at the beginning William."

++++++

I walked down the stair from Will's room stumbling as if a zombie. I felt like all the blood had drained out of my body.

Andrea was looking up at me from the bottom step. "Chris you are as white as a ghost! What did William say? What did William say?"

I brushed past Andrea without speaking, then dropped into a kitchen chair. "My son is a murderer."

Andrea rushed over to me. "OH my God NO! Chris we need to get William help. He didn't know what he was doing! He is just a little boy! William didn't understand what he was doing to John when he pulled that breaker."

"William is a killer." I said in a monotone voice.

"No Chris-Johns death was a tragic accident. We will get William therapy and never mention it again.."

"It's gone too far." I interrupted Andrea

"Chris we can't turn Will over to the police. Will's involvement in John's death was a onetime thing. We can find people to make our son better!"

"I am not talking about William and what happened in John's death Andrea."

Andrea looked at me strangely. "Chris what death are you talking about?"

"Johns death was not Wills first involvement."

Andrea had a confused expression.

I grabbed Andrea by her shoulders. "Your affair both figuratively and literally destroyed lives." I stared directly into Andreas eyes. "WILLIAM KILLED YOUR TWIN SISTER AMY TOO!"

Andrea twisted away from my grip. "NO! No! Amy died in a freak bathroom accident when she slipped in the bathtub. The Coroner said she hit her head. Got knocked unconscious- Amy drowned."

cpete
cpete
1,720 Followers
12