Trusting Love Ch. 05

Story Info
Coming to terms.
4.8k words
4.76
8.2k
5

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/22/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jtoughkat
jtoughkat
145 Followers

She sat across from him on the kitchen island, a haunted sadness darkening her eyes. He would give anything to take it away but he was powerless. The ice-cream had been reduced to muddy syrup she kept stirring at. He ached to see her so dejected when she had always been so vibrant, positive with an enchanting belief in the goodness of others.

Countless times he had told her it was terribly naive of her but she had argued that people were basically good at their core, that he was too cynical if he didn't see it. Now that trust was crushed, how could it not be? She would never be that woman again, never look at the world through a ray of sunlight, and never treat a stranger like he was a friend. Once he had found it maddening, now though he would give anything to have that old argument. To have her be that open again, trusting the world to be what she saw it to be, not doubting it or her place in it. Had he really ever wanted her to be different?

He was going to torture Ray. Peal his skin over and over again, if he did it enough times it would take longer and longer before it grew back, then he would spit and roast him. He knew of only one breed of immortals that lived to brutalize others and poison their memories away, the Ubus. More specifically the blood Ubus. How had he failed to recognise Ray as one? He should have scented him but he hadn't.

Walking over to her he gathered her into his arms then he sat back down onto her stool with her on his lap. For an infinitesimal moment she sat still whilst he wondered if he had done the wrong thing. Then she laid her head upon his shoulder, her hand above his heart curling into him as a sobbing sigh escaped her.

It was his turn to sit still, afraid that if he moved he might make it worse than it already was. She shuddered as silent tears leaked from her eyes to soak the front of his shirt. He knew he was out of his depths, unused to feminine tears as he was. He had only ever associated with strong women, women not given to emotional displays, who knew better than to manipulate him with tears. But this was not a ploy on Tara's part; she was not trying to wring something out of him. She was hurting and while he could admit to previous annoyance with even genuine tears he felt none of that now. She was like a fragile flower he ached to nurture. He found himself willing to do anything, be anything, to give her the world if only to make her feel better. And if all he could do was hold her as her sobs ripped him to shreds so be it.

Physical pain would be preferable but it wasn't his choice so he held her, feeling inadequate. He held her like the precious gift she was, stroked her back as she leaned into him and feathered kisses onto her hair whilst she clutched his shirt. The language of his people flowed from him, its magic digging into a well he had never suspected dwelt inside him. Power flowed from him into her where their bodies touched. Trevyn wondered at the soothing quality of it, an empathic instinctive outpouring of all she needed, what he couldn't think to provide.

It filled him even as it drained from him, this unknown expression of his need, their need. He wondered if it was something only a mate could trigger as nothing like this had ever occurred that he knew. Basking in the wonder of it he continued to soothe her with his touch and native tongue until she lifted her head to look at him.

The gold flecked brown pools mesmerised him, he knew he could and would spend eternity lost in their depth. The trust in them tightened something in his heart and he swore to himself he would never betray it. She was so artless in her allure, a white rose amid thorns, unconsciously beguiling. Her soft lips parted, tempting him with a glimpse of her soft moist depths. He longed to taste her again, to devour that succulent mouth until they were both drunk with passion.

"What is that?" her voice cut through his passion but he was at a loss as to the question. "The language you're speaking." she added.

"Sumerian." he replied

"It's beautiful." the smile she gave him was not her usual brilliant one but it lightened his heart.

"The ancestors of the Sumerians were practitioners of what you'd call magic." he explained just to get her mind away from things. "Their creator, Enki, was also their god of magic, wisdom and water. To honour him they expanded the words of their magic until it became a language, calling it Emegir, 'master tongue' which led to their rule."

"Let me guess, they oppressed the others?" her dry tone brought a smile to his face.

"In time, yes they did. They could access the ether without much effort."

"Why didn't the others also learn the new language?"

"You had to have an affinity for magic to learn it, otherwise you never could." Trevyn explained.

"But archaeologists have mapped a significant amount of Sumerian."

"Yes they have, but not the language of power."

"Their original?"

"No, they derived a common language from their Emegir which they used in everyday life. Using the language of magic in everyday life had proved to be costly. It tapped into the ether and made even common phrases have unpredictable results. Children especially died or inadvertently killed others."

She winced as she imagined the countless disasters that had likely resulted. "I take it they were too good to revert to the other language?"

Trevyn laughed at that. "They were the aristocracy."

She pouted prettily, her lush lower lip just begging to be kissed. "You mean entitled sadistic separatists."

"How do you know they were sadistic?" he questioned, lifting a dark somewhat imperial brow.

"Oh come on, everybody knows the ancient world was a cesspool of brutality."

"Only the punishments, never someone innocent."

"And that excuses it?" her eyes heated with indignation, the gold flecks becoming more prominent.

"It reduced criminal incidents" he explained.

"There is no justification for inhumane treatment!" she shifted, rubbing against that needy part of him.

He sucked his breath in as fire bust through his loins. Her breath caught as heat flared in her eyes telegraphing her hunger. Hunger the mating pull birthed in them. His muscles tightened, readying for the chase, anticipating the uninhibited coupling that would ensure. The predator in him arose, watching, waiting to see what she would do. He was at her mercy; she could tease and torment him, bring him to unimaginable heights and leave him wanting.

The when and where of the first mating - the claiming - was entirely up to the female. If she wanted to tear into him and be claimed right there he would do that, if she wanted to be chased he was hers to command. At this point a lykan female would tease him until his guard was down before running with everything she had. Only leaving her scent every now and then to entice him, to ensure he would continue after her. She would be caught when she wanted or when her mate proved his prowess.

He watched to see what she would do. Her eyes widened and he knew his own showed his wolf. Apprehension flickered across her eyes though the scent of her arousal intensified. Just like him she was in the thrall of the mating urge. The golden flecks in her brown eyes crackled like bursts of intense heat in pools of fire. The tip of her tongue swept over her lip and he watched mesmerised as time seemed to slow and her tongue took forever to caress her upper lip. It was too much; he could not resist the unconscious invitation.

She tasted like the first fruit he had ever had. The flavour indistinguishable as it exploded in his mouth, leaving the satisfaction of tangy sweetness that quenched his hunger while stroking his need for more. Heavenly, succulent lips matched the primordial flames driving him. The wild need to dominate her. She devoured him with the same urgency he felt, thrusting her tongue into his mouth to ruthlessly explore his every crevasse. He duelled her tongue with his, demanding her surrender, needing it, but she continued to defy him, equalling his ferocity. His arms tightened around her another demand; she rolled her hips deliberately rubbing against his straining shaft.

Breaking the kiss he met her eyes and growled, a low menacing rumble that cowered most immortals. She however gave him a smug little smile as if she had him where she wanted. Her eyes looked like fire, the brown turning into deep red swirling with blue, yellow, gold and intense white it was like looking into dancing flames. He had never seen eyes like that, had no idea what they signified but he knew they should be radiating power. Yet all he saw was the guileless innocence and slight vulnerability she always had with confused hurt beneath a determination to shoulder on.

She also looked tired, her eyes puffy from her earlier crying. He had kept her awake most of the night, now was not the time to give in to his needs.

"You need some rest." he stated, brushing her hair back.

"I need my clothes." she countered.

"I already sent someone to collect them."

She stiffened, her eyes which had returned to their normal brown blazed into the earlier fiery state. Her hair followed suit, deepening and lightening in colour until it resembled living flame. As it danced in response to some unfelt wind he could hear it crackling, where it brushed against his arm he felt intense heat. The kind that could reduce anything in its vicinity to ash.

Immortal fire or the fire of immolation. It was the only kind of fire that could do irreversible damage to an immortal. Every immortal in existence knew to avoid it, feared it to the extent that any immortal who could conjure it had a major bounty on them. As her mate though whatever power she had would not harm him, which he was oh so grateful for.

Fear twisted his insides though as he watched the mesmerising flames that were her hair. Not fear of her but for her. It was bad enough the Lykans had so many enemies who would want her dead. If the world found out what she could so easily do without conscious thought every immortal in existence would be after her.

The kitchen had two doors leading to and from it into the dining room and the foyer. He felt his people coming in through both. They would have felt the presence of the deadly fire, and come in to save him.

'No!' His mental shout was too late as a concussion of power emanated from Tara to slam into both groups.

Stunned he watched as some of them summoned shields to deflect the wave, shields that were disintegrated as if they were nothing more than a feeble undertaking. His men were conversant with the art of war, had been fighting for centuries, they had come in prepared to defend him. Their shields were considered indestructible, had never faltered, yet she had shattered them unknowingly. Whatever power she had instinctively unleashed was like nothing he had ever seen. Unlike what had been released at the time of her rebirth.

Tara blinked, like someone who had just woken up in a strange place and was trying to remember how she had ended up there in the first place. Biting her lip she looked around at the men strewn about the room. "I did that?" she asked him.

"Yes." He saw no reason to hide it from her, it would only come back to bite him.

"Sorry." she said to the room in general.

"Don't worry about it, they are used to being thrashed by beautiful women." he teased.

"Beautiful women? Plural?" she demanded with mock severity. "Just how many 'beautiful women' have you kidnapped?" she gave beautiful women air quotes.

He smiled at her. "None as beautiful as you."

Laughing she gave him a light punch on his shoulder. "You're not funny."

Absently she rubbed the spot she had punched as if to soothe the hurt away. Trevyn wasn't going to tell her he hadn't even felt the punch, he loved her light loving touch. A caress meant to mollify but instead managed to excite him. Taking hold of the hand he kissed her palm, she looked up to him, her eyes intent. "How did I do it?" her voice was little more than a whisper.

"You were only defending yourself against what you perceived to be a threat."

"But how did I do it?"

"I don't know."

Resting her head against his chest she sighed. "I think I'll go lie down like you suggested," she sighed. "I can't take more of this right now."

"I'll come and tuck you in."

She blushed then gave him a shy smile. He knew she was a bit embarrassed by the audience they had but at least it took her mind off the fact that she had just realised she wasn't human. He knew she would sleep; she looked like she could barely keep her eyes open. When she woke up they would have to talk about a few things. With her head down she walked out.

"That's a dangerous woman." his friend Tate stated drawing his eyes away from where he had been watching Tara.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember how the women of predatory races always look so fragile and vulnerable?"

Trevyn couldn't get what he was trying to say. "Yes?" he questioned.

"Your mate goes beyond that." he explained. "I want to go out and slay dragons in her name and you know I don't exert myself all that much." Trevyn looked to the stairs she had just gone up. He couldn't deny what his friend was saying; Tara's vulnerable air went beyond the norm. Innocence radiated about her as if it were a halo. "All of which means she is the biggest predator we have ever encountered."

Damn it, this was Tara they were talking about. She wouldn't hurt a fly. Yet there was no way he could deny what Tate was saying. Tara had a vibe that drove men to defend and take care of her. Moreso now that she was immortal. Before he had never taken it into consideration, used as he was to immortal women with that hint of innocent vulnerability.

It made sense though, if she was akin to the immortal fire she was more than your average predatory immortal. Maybe he needed to have everyone out of the house until he knew what her powers were. She would never forgive herself if she hurt someone. Not that he expected them to agree, he couldn't recall a time in his life where he had been left totally on his own.

"I think you should all leave until we figure out how to control her powers and what they are." He had to try at least.

"Right," the sarcasm in his friend's voice was hard to miss. "We'll leave you alone when we know the council is going to be gunning for your hide and that of your new-born of a mate. That's a real good idea Trevyn, why didn't we think of that?"

Trevyn raked his hand through his hair in frustration. "Damn if Tate, she just manifested immortal fire without even being aware of it. We both know how hard it is to conjure even a flicker of it and all this while maintaining a human aura. There is no telling what she's capable of and if she inadvertently kills any of you she'll never get over it. I'm immune to whatever power she has but none of you are."

"She is our Alpha; we will stay to protect her." His enforcer stated.

Trevyn blinked at that, he had not taken that into consideration. Even though he and Tara had yet to be mated she was destined to be the Alpha of his pack and his people would treat her as such. As there were no women in the lykan world no force on earth would force his men and even those from the other packs to leave her unprotected. They would even disobey his orders if he insisted so he let it drop.

* * *

Warmth surrounded her as she drifted out of sleep, security that seeped deep into her being to ease worries she had never known she had. Savouring the sensation she burrowed into the warmth, luxuriating in the confidence that came with it. She was where she had always been meant to be. Whatever path she might have taken in her life would have brought her to this moment. She had no idea where that thought came from but she didn't mind if it were true. Sure she wasn't one to believe in fated moments or paths but this felt like that.

The arms around her tightened and she smiled. This was how she should have woken up that morning. "I forgive you." She murmured.

"For what?"

"Not being here when I woke up this morning."

"I am sorry about that. How can I make it up to you?"

With the tips of her fingers she caressed his arm, her touch barely there, the kind of touch that heightened one's senses. She loved the feel of his skin, the scent was intoxicating and the hair roughened texture felt divine to her sensitive tips. "Kiss me awake every morning." Her heart surged at her own boldness. Once again she had just told him she was his for the taking, offered herself to him. Mortified she ducked under the covers. "Forget I said that." She mumbled.

Hearing his laughter she cringed. Yup he was not going to let it pass, let alone forget about it. "Never." He whispered against her ear, confirming it. "I will definitely kiss you awake, in many, many different ways." Shivers danced down her spine as she imagined what those places would be. Her curiosity almost gave her the courage to ask but she had never been sexually forward so even as she ached to know she burrowed deeper into the covers. Drawing her closer he laughed again. "I'm going to enjoy being with you."

Tara thought she was also going to enjoy being with him, but was she supposed to say that back to him. She had always known what to say to Trev but this was new, she felt so unsure. Would he still expect her to be as she had been or would he expect her to be different? He was a polished man; surely he would want a polished woman. She wasn't that by any stretch of the imagination. Sure she wasn't gauche but she was far from polished, she was a normal person.

Finding a bit of her courage she peaked at him over her shoulder, lowering the covers just a bit. Their eyes met and as had been happening lately her breath caught. "Maybe we should hold off on that for a while." She croaked, an actual croak. Lord she was gauche.

"Is that what you want?"

She wasn't sure. She wanted to explore these new feelings she was having, savour them but at the same time they overwhelmed her so much that she wanted to push them back. He was right here, waiting patiently. Though she could feel his arousal against her he acted like it was nothing pressing. Like a man with all the time in the world. Would he give her time to come to terms with whatever was happening to her?

"I don't know." There it was again, that croak, could she be any more of a doofus? And what kind of an answer was that?

"That's all right." He gave her cheek a light caress. "We have all the time in the world."

"You make it sound like we have an eternity." She said, more of a question, as she shifted to fully face him.

His hand cupped the back of her neck then started massaging it, the arm pressing against her breast. She was so aware of him, too aware and for an instant she forgot what they were talking about. He seemed to be able to do that without effort.

"You know now that I am not human." He stated as if it were something unremarkable. Her heart rate increased and her breath quickened. She had been trying to forget that as it had recalling that she too was far from human. That her mother and sister were nowhere to ask. For all she knew she did have an eternity to live.

"And neither am I." she finished.

"Yes, it would seem so."

Smiling she kissed the tip of his nose then gave him a wide-eyed innocent look. "So I can take, say, a century or so to make up my mind."

Trev gave her a quelling look. "I will spank you."

Tara giggled at the threat, the idea of being spanked didn't sound as bad as it should. She was curious to find out how it would feel like to get a little spanking. Though right now she wasn't sure it would be a good idea to try it, not until she came to grips with the fact that her fiancé had just used her as a punching bag.

No matter how much she was trying to forget, that detail remained at the forefront of her mind. How could she have been so weak as to allow herself to stay in a toxic relationship? She should have left the first time he had hit her. Sure he had somehow removed her memory of it but Tara could remember the many times she had awoken to fading bruises she could not explain. As she had always healed abnormally fast she should have known something serious had happened to her to wake up with any bruises at all. Most times her wounds and bruises were healed in mere hours. And when Trev had brought it up she should have had enough sense to listen to him. It was all her fault for being stupid.

jtoughkat
jtoughkat
145 Followers
12