Twisted Royal Ch. 02

Story Info
They just needed the money. Now they have to save a kingdom.
3.3k words
4.2
7.5k
3

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/09/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A/N: Surprised at how quickly I got over a thousand views on the first chap. And oooh, todays the 12th of feb. It's my birthday! Whoot. Then again this chapter might not be approved till tomorrow morning. So it'll maybe be the 13th when you guys see it.

Hopefully this chapter is acceptable. Don't expect sex right away though. I'm still pretty innocent in that area even if I am legal and taken.

Enjoy.

As usual § will be next to a word that will be defined in my story, some chapters might not have as many as others though.

oOo

Dashe felt like a bird as she sprung over the roofs littering the city skies, the wind rushing past her hair and pushing against her smooth face. She had always been a runner, someone who took pleasure in feeling her limbs and soul always on the move.

There were alot of things that many didn't know about Dashe. Her yearn for freedom being one of them. She hated being concealed or trapped, and she hated staying in one place for too long. The only exception being her home with Maire and Kaime.

She knew the only reason she loved it so much was because it was one of the few things she ever truly owned. A place where she could be comfortable in, a place where no one could order her around or threaten to beat her. A place that she could share with Maire and Kaime happily. She didn't need it to be large or regal. She just needed it to be there.

The thought of Sir Fringe just stealing it away from them only made her desperation rise. Pushing herself to move faster, the buildings shooting past her view at a speed she didn't know she had, Dashe ran...and ran and ran until her muscles ached.

Maire would have disapproved greatly.

"Dashe, you oaf§! Why the bloody crystal§ did you not take a horse!" The brunette would have nagged. Dashe could already imagine Maires blue eyes crinkling in disdain, her hands firmly set on her hips.

The thought made Dashe feel a small smile tug at her lips as she ran through the city, jumping from the roof of a church and slipping into an alley so as to avoid the Imperials that were surely lengthening the streets.

The alley was long and dark, though the sun was high its rays promptly refused to reside there. Dashe would have minded not if there hadn't been anyone else there. But just her luck, a few youths smoking cigars occupied the ally. Some of them lifted a curious eye when they heard her rapidly advancing, but none of them managed to react in time when she shot past them like a bullet.

Dashe pushed past one of the few people idly walking near the end of the alley, but she didn't stop to say sorry when the person collided with a wall, the sound of bones crunching springing forth.

She heard someone grunt in surprise and shoot obscene curses at her, but she lent a death ear to their voices and ran even faster, only focusing on reaching her destination so she could return to the house before her friends did.

And the more she grew closer to the invisible line that separated downtown Genese from her side of the city, the more her limbs began to burn. And the more her limbs burned the more she became unaware of the strange heat spreading from the crystal that lay across her collarbone.

oOo

After avoiding several more Imperials and staying hidden in the darkest parts of the city, Dashe reached Downtown Genese.

Unlike Uptown; the landscape in that particular part of the city was alot more elegant and refined. After studying it, Dashe realized less Imperials marched there and the people were more sophisticated in their dress and manner of posture.

The Market in downtown was larger, fresher, and evidently more prettier than the Market that Dashe usually went to. The people who walked in and out of the shops all had some form of expensive attire. She didn't see a single pauper walking the streets.

Dashe had seen Uptown once when she had been a mere child being brought to a church and baptized. But she didn't remember anything about it, and she could see why not many commoners ventured there. It was almost like an unspoken law. Peasants stayed to their side, the nobles stayed to theirs. Only under certain circumstances would someone of either station venture to the other side.

And as Dashe hesitantly stood at the banister of someones home, her eyes taking in the beautiful sight of the more beautiful side of the city, she felt a wave of bitterness wash over her.

She had never been one to care for materialistic things.

Unlike Kaime, and even Maire. Dashe wanted a better life than the excuse for one she had had at the orphanage. But she didn't ask for more than she needed. She didn't want a castle or gold like Kaime would tell stories about. She was happy with the home she had now.

Even so, Dashe wondered what gave those born more well off the right to lord over their good fortune

'Truly, how did the city- no, how did the world come to be like this?' Dashe wondered as she walked away from the banister in fear that its owner might see her.

'Was I born in such a world where people cannot just be...people? Regardless of status? How out of place I am then, since I am both a filthy foreigner in their eyes AND a peasant. Must there be others like me, trapped between being a commoner and an outcast...'

The bitterness only grew as more questions sprung to mind.

Why did she and her friends have to be the ones to suffer? Why the bloody crystal did she have to be scorned just because her skin was darker? And why did she feel utterly out of place even despite her exotic differences. It was more than just feeling unwanted.

She knew she didn't belong there. But for how long? How long...would she be trapped...

In a moment of being lost in her own thoughts, Dashe boldly began to walk along the streets that led to the whorehouse which surely be on the other, more blase side of Uptown. She truly doubted a whorehouse would just be in plain view among the superior elegance of the other buildings.

Instantly curious and sharp stares turned her way. Some of the citizens even stopped in their tracks to stare. Of course most had to rush out of the way when a carriage would glide past. Eventually whispers began to accompany the strange looks, but no one made a move towards her. It didn't take long for Dashe to actually notice and feel the heat of their gazes.

Dashe began to feel iffy since she hadn't stopped by the house to change her clothes. She only wore a simple black cowl over her shirt, along with a black pair of shorts that did little to conceal her tanned muscular legs. Genese was a hot place in the summer and she rarely wore anything else other than small cloths that hid her unmentionables. It was a habit of hers, and she usually thought nothing of it since Kaime was the only boy around the house.

Maire did the same. Still, she didn't want the Upperclass that she did eventually run into to get the wrong idea...Who was she to talk though? She was headed to a whorehouse after all. In a time like this; wasting time feeling self conscious wasn't an option.

Still, she didn't like the stares anymore than she liked being stabbed with glass. Swallowing a sigh, Dashe edged along the street until she managed to dash behind another building. Fortunately there was a water pipe along the side of it, and she instantly began to climb toward its roof. She felt more comfortable above the ground anyway.

Bearing in mind to stay concealed in the shadows, though scarce, in the city; Dashe paused when she leaped onto the roof of a large funeral home. She crouched down and peered over the edge of the roof as her eyes swept over the marble streets littered with sparkles and golden lanterns. The sun had full risen by then and Dashe was graced with the pleasure of seeing the light rays flicker over the fountains and buildings, causing the city to glow.

Some people stopped to admire the view, while others went along on their business. Dashe herself was one of the few who admired it. She felt her body relax as she slumped over the curve of the roof, her long raven curls spilling over the side. And for a moment she let herself sit vulnerably out in the open as she tilted her head and studied the new rise of the sun.

It looked like paradise.

Cupping her palms neatly under her chin, Dashe silently gazed at the beautiful colors splashing along the city. Such beauty made it easy to hide the wrong that was always present in the kingdom.

She wished she could change it. But her heart and duty was currently to her friends and to herself. She was a mere girl who didn't even have any magical capabilities to get by. How could someone like her try and rid the world of injustice when she couldn't even pay two hundred pounds to her annoying landowner?

Shaking her head with a dry humorless laugh, Dashe answered her own question as she pushed herself to her feet once more.

It was simple really.

"I can't."

oOo

"..."

Two pairs of smoky brown eyes stared down at Dashe. Eyes that were filled with skepticism. Eyes that belonged to a woman who stood at the front of the large lavish building...that had the words Plaisir Havre§ blinking in large translucent lights.

Dashe was not multilingual. But even she could tell she had arrived at the whorehouse.

She hadn't known what to expect really. Maybe an old run down building rotting in the middle of a slum like enclosure. She had spent too much of her life in the orphanage apparently, or maybe just in the slums in general, but the whorehouse wasn't what she had imagined.

In short, it was not run down. It wasn't rotting, and it didn't even look like a convention for escorts to flaunt themselves. Truly the only reason Dashe had known where to find the whorehouse was because there was literally only one known place where pleasure escorts worked, and apparently the large elegant dome shaped building in front of her was it.

When Dashe had arrived there it didn't take long for her to notice the bell placed at the top of the front doors, nor the rope that hung beside it. She had rung the bell twice and it hadn't even been ten seconds before the woman who was now sneering down at her had come out.

Dashe had practically lost her voice by then though. She truly had no idea what to say. The Little Fox lady hadn't told her what to say. In fact, all she had said was to show them the crystal...But Dashe couldn't just thrust it into the womans face and demand entry!

"..." The woman quirked a light brow when Dashe only stood there awkwardly, her arm behind her neck. Despite the whorehouse being as elegant as the rest of the buildings, it was in a pretty isolated and darker part of the city. It wasn't blase, but it wasn't crowded with crummy and dirty men.

And despite Dashe being relieved for that, since she wasn't too keen on people seeing her there, she still felt nervous. She truly had never considered doing...well whatever she was about to do.

The woman who resembled a guard dog didn't seem to care about Dashes insecurities though, and let out an annoyed breath as she readjusted the white skin hugging gown she wore.

"How long are you going to stand here? Are you here for an escort or not" She finally huffed, her doe eyes narrowed into annoyed slits.

Well. She was pleasant.

"A woman named Little Fox said I should come here if I ever need money." Dashe explained irritably. Well her voice had finally managed to come out clear. Thank goodness.

"I'm sure this is the right place. Can you send her out here or something?"

The smoky eyed womans lips curled downward, but she didn't respond. Her lack of reply made Dashe want to throw her hands up in the air in exasperation and groan. What the bloody crystal was wrong with her!?

"Little Fox?" The name rolled off the womans tongue, and Dashe didn't miss the distaste clearly evident in her accented voice. There was also a hint of curiosity there. "You must be joking. Do you have any proof that she directed you here?"

At times like these, Dashe was ecstatic to have a piece of evidence on her side. The crystal, which felt oddly hot on her skin for some reason, was quickly brought out from under her blouse. Dashe was just about to jut it in the womans face like a gleeful child when her eyes caught sight of it.

It was glowing?

The womans eyes flickered down to the crystal, which was now heating up Dashes hands and lighting up the the space between them. Instantly her eyes widened and her distant expression slid ajar to reveal her surprise.

"That..." The woman stuttered, her pale elegant hands sliding to her mouth. Dashe sent her an inquisitive look. Why was she so shocked? And why was her face turning red like a tomato?

She didn't have time to ask though, because in a flash the woman had stepped down the stairs and grabbed the crystal from Dashes hands. Dashe reared back in surprise, not because the woman had snatched it so suddenly, but because of the scream that sprang forth from her mouth.

The woman dropped the crystal from her hands as if it burned and turned away. Dashe gasped and quickly kneeled down to catch it before it could hit the ground. It fell gracefully in her palms and she breathed a sigh of relief before turning to glare at the girl. Her glare faltered however when she saw the pained and shocked expression fluttering across her face.

"Why do you have that?" The woman squeaked, her gray eyes flashing between the still glowing crystal in Dashes hands to Dashe herself, who took a deep breath and placed the crystal back safely under her blouse. She was starting to wonder if coming there had been a good idea.

"Tell me!" The woman snapped, her hand still clutched to her chest. "Where did you steal it from? Why did it not deny you? Tell me now before I call an Imperial here!"

Dashes expression turned to one of surprise before going dark. Putting her hands firmly on her hips, Dashe met the womans gaze firmly with her own.

"I told you." Dashe replied irritably. "A woman named Little Fox gave it to me a long time ago. I did not STEAL it from anyone."

The woman started as if she didn't believe her. But something seemed to stop her. For a moment she just stood there quietly, her gaze sliding from the lump in Dashes shirt, where the crystal was, to Dashes face.

Her smoky eyes regarded Dashe coolly as she absently rubbed her hand, which seemed to be swelling. Dashe hadn't really noticed it before, but from the looks of it the crystal had burned her...

"What is your name, girl?" The woman finally asked after a moment. Her expression was now less cold but it was still guarded. Dashe sighed and brought her fingers to her temple. A headache felt as if it was about to brew any second.

"Dante Ashe." She said after a moment of considering if she should lie or not. It didn't take long for her to go with the latter. She didn't want to get any deeper in the situation than she already was.

Dashes gaze had been swayed toward the ground at that point, so she didn't notice the flicker of surprise that spread across the womans face. Nor did she see how the woman seemed to stiffen before she straightened her posture.

"Well." The woman said finally, her composure regained. "Dante...Ashe, if you are to be paid here, you must use your own services to do so. How much money are you in need of?"

Her complete change of demeanor caused Dashe to only blink in surprise. The dark haired orphan stood there for a moment, not sure of how to proceed. Should she try to explain her predicament with her landowner or just simply state the amount of money she needed? She had never been in such a situation before so she wasn't sure...

"I-I need two hundred pounds to pay rent." Dashe began awkwardly, her hand going to the back of her head once more. She hated asking for money, but the eviction notice had been an unpleasant surprise.

Besides, Maire and Kaime couldn't just find so much money in such a short time! Desperate times called for desperate measures, and her friends would forgive her dishonorable way of getting the money eventually.

At least...she hoped so.

"But I'm not sure what you mean. My services? Do you mean like..." Dashe went on, as she stiffly gestured to her figure, letting the rest of her question go unspoken.

Amusement flashed across the womans face but disappeared as quickly as it came. Her reply came quickly.

"You came here to a whorehouse wearing 'those' clothes. I am sure you knew what you were getting into." She said softly, her eyes straying from Dashe to gaze toward the bright sky.

Dashe paled slightly at the discreet attack at her attire. She knew it wouldn't be so easy to just request money and be on her way. It wasn't like she hadn't already suspected it, and she wouldn't complain. After all it was selfish to even think of asking without giving something in return.

But still...she wasn't sure if she was prepared for- She didn't even know how to please a...

Oh god even thinking of it made her inwardly shudder in disgust. The woman seemed to notice her discomfort too because her mouth twitched upward.

"Come." She said after a pitifful shake of her head. She held out a hand to Dashe. "If you want the money by today, I think you need a change of wardrobe. You have a bit to learn about people like us since you're...new to the trade."

Dashe took her hand hesitantly. "What is your name, since I've given you mine?" She asked after a moment. The womans hand felt cold and clammy, but not unpleasant enough for Dashe to pull her own hand away.

The woman sent her a dry look as she walked up the steps with Dashe in tow, her heeled feet clicking on the tiles. Her voice was almost sad when she spoke again, something which remained a mystery for a long time after their first meeting.

"Call me Olga." And with that the woman pushed open the doors of Plaisir Havre.

oOo

§ Oaf: A clumsy or stupid person. To be called an oaf is considered a grave insult to the general public.

§ Bloody Crystal: In Navalices terms, it's a slang phrase representing surprise or anger. It can easily be switched with 'What the hell?" or "What the fuck?" but most people use the term bloody crystal.

§ Plaisir Havre: Translated to Pleasure Haven, it is a more formal way of saying Whorehouse.