Two in the Bush Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
starscape
starscape
136 Followers

"I thought I was doing the right thing, being the man of the house; I had to make sure we had enough money to stay warm and fed through the winter. I had even arranged for a neighbor, an older couple who had raised six children themselves, to stop by regularly to check on Allison and the baby and help out whenever I was gone.

"I thought I had it all figured out. Soon the season would be over, and I'd be at home with my wife and daughter, and I'd find some other job that would let me have a more regular schedule.

"When I got home from my last run, I found a note; Allison had left me. She said she couldn't bear raising her child this way, and that she had to leave before she was trapped here for the winter. She was taking Danielle and going back to Oregon to live with her parents." Ben paused, flinching at the memory. Julia wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Well, I was in a panic. I immediately headed outside to go see my neighbors, to see if they knew anything. I was ready to go on after her, if it wasn't too late, to convince her to come back home.

"It was crazy to be driving twenty-five hundred miles on rough road with a newborn, a week at most before the first snow. But before I had even reached my truck the sheriff was pulling into my driveway."

Ben's throat strangled and his jaw tightened as he tried to suppress the grief that threatened to overflow. Taking a deep breath, he eventually continued.

"Allison's car was hit in a rock slide, killing both she and the baby. The police had tried to contact me but at that point I was on the road, heading back home, and couldn't be located."

He stopped, unable to go on.

"Ben, I'm so sorry," Julia whispered, turning to embrace him. She held Ben silently while he clutched at her back, until finally she felt his chest shudder and her shoulder grow wet with his tears.

After about five minutes he spoke again. "I received a rather large settlement from Allison's life insurance policy, enough to last me a long time. But I couldn't bear to live in that house any longer, so I tried to get as far away as I could. Eventually, I ended up here."

Ben sighed, then lifted his head and looked at Julia's face, his eyes still wet from tears. "It's ironic that Allison's death gave me the life I'd always dreamed about, to live in a cabin in remote Alaska, living off the land, free from a regular job," he said bitterly.

"Have you been here alone since then?" Julia asked, her heart aching for him.

He nodded. "I wasn't interested in being happy with someone else on money paid with my family's blood. I made my wife miserable for years with my selfishness; I don't have the right..." he trailed off.

After a moment, thinking, Julia said softly, "So you've been punishing yourself all these years, like my uncle Ray."

Ben didn't answer. He did find a certain irony that his nearest neighbor for the past sixteen years was a man who had gone through a similar loss, never knowing they'd shared much the same pain.

"Ben, isn't sixteen years enough to pay for your mistakes? Do you really think that Allison would want you to punish yourself for the rest of your life, to deny yourself happiness?"

"I don't... I don't know," he faltered, looking down. He'd like to think she might have eventually forgiven him, but he had hardly considered it. How could he?

Julia leaned in and kissed his forehead. "She loved you enough to move here, to help you live out your dreams."

"At the cost of her own happiness, her own life," he pointed out.

"That's true," she admitted, then paused, collecting her thoughts. "Sometimes we do things for the people we love without thinking through all the implications. But I don't think that meant her love for you was any less real, and I don't think she'd want you to punish yourself forever."

Ben pulled Julia closely to him and they sat holding each other in silence. He looked up at the vast, wide open sky, barely dimming with twilight, and wondered for the first time if Allison had sent Julia to him, to give him another chance.

~**~

Ben and Julia paddled toward town early in the morning on July Fourth. Along with their clothes, they brought a few of bottles of Ben's blueberry wine, some freshly caught fish and a dried berry cobbler as their contribution to the celebration. They were looking forward to spending a few days relaxing with friends.

When they reached the big bend in the river and got out to rest, Julia grabbed Ben and immediately started kissing him, and pretty soon they had their shirts off and were reaching down the front of each other's pants. Julia looked up with half-closed eyes and spied a big bush in the distance that she hadn't noticed before. A furry bush?

Ben felt her body stiffen and he knew something was wrong before he heard her say, "Bear."

They broke their embrace and he slowly turned to see where she was looking. He sighed in relief. Good, the animal was still some distance away. And it looked like the old fellow was minding his own business, and had found something to eat as he pawed at the ground.

"I don't think there'll be any trouble; he looks like he's got himself busy," Ben reassured the trembling woman. "But I think it would be a good idea to get back on the water since we have two of his favorite foods on us."

Julia readily agreed. They quickly picked up their discarded clothing and started paddling briskly up the river.

After they passed the swift section of the river, Julia exhaled audibly. "That was a little unnerving," she said, trying to laugh, her voice shaking a little. "I know that bear attacks are rare, and usually only happen when they are surprised by people, but still..."

"Yeah, he was a big fellow," Ben agreed. He made a mental note to be more vigilant about paying attention to the landscape. He never would have missed something like that in the past, he thought; Julia was proving to be rather distracting in that regard. "I'm sorry that happened; I should have been paying more attention to our surroundings."

"Oh you were paying attention to your surroundings all right, just maybe not the ones that can kill you," she teased, "and that was my fault."

Ben could tell she was feeling better now, and he smiled as he looked at her bare back. Julia had been so frightened that she didn't want to wait to leave until they had gotten dressed. The man could feel the river's resistance slowing to its normal flow.

"Well, we're past the rapids now," he observed. "Why don't you let me paddle for awhile while you put your shirt back on? You drew enough attention the last time we came to town; it'd probably cause a riot if you showed up this time bare-breasted."

Julia laughed out loud, suddenly remembering that she was shirtless, and put down the paddle. She turned around and smiled broadly. "Good idea."

~**~

The town had come alive and Julia was surprised to see so many people considering how sparsely populated it seemed last time. "How many people live in Eagle Eye?" she asked.

"Little over six hundred, including the rural areas," Ben replied. "A good portion live outside of town, and it looks like they're all here today. Plus, you have to factor in tourists and summertime residents like your uncle. People only gather like this a few times a year."

As they reached the main street they were greeted by nearly everyone who passed, some of whom Julia had met before, most she hadn't, though many of them seemed to have heard about her. She observed Ben's relaxed, easy body language as he chatted with his neighbors. He's one of them, even though he lives so far from town, she thought. He's one of their own. It gave her some comfort to think that he had at least allowed himself to have friends, if not family, during his self-imposed exile.

Eventually they worked their way to the non-denominational church; it served as a community center for these kinds of events. Julia noticed Emily, the innkeeper's wife, busily chatting with another woman as she peeled potatoes.

"Ben! Julia!" she exclaimed when she saw them, her plump, light brown hands continuing to peel the potatoes rapidly. "So glad you could make it."

"How can I help you?" Julia asked, showing Emily the food and drink they had brought. The old woman admired their offerings and pointed with her chin across the room.

"You can put your dessert over there, and the wine can go over there. Take the fish out back of the church to the grill. The men are taking care of the meat and fish. As for anything else, we've got things well in hand here. Girl Scout troop's looking to earn a badge today, so we're putting them to work in the kitchen. You just go enjoy yourself and make yourself at home," she insisted.

The couple dropped off the fish and chatted for a few more minutes before moving on to the Moose Lodge to check in and drop off their bags. When they arrived, Gerald was standing outside, talking with a small group of men.

He greeted the pair with the same enthusiasm as his wife, and made introductions all around. Then he told Ben to go ahead and get the key to room four.

As Julia went to leave with him the old man called out, "Why, he can take your things up to the room. Why don't you stay here with us old men and visit a spell?"

She smiled, and explained that she wanted to freshen up after their long journey, but promised to return soon.

They reached the top of the stairs, went into the familiar room, and set their bags on the floor. Ben put his arms around Julia and kissed her.

"Would you mind if I take a shower before we head back down?" she asked when they finished kissing. "I'm feeling grimy from the trip, and I want to make a good impression on your friends."

Ben smiled down at her. "You don't have to worry about the impression you're making," he assured her. "But, as long as I can join you, a shower sounds like a good idea to me."

~**~

The smoke from the fireworks lifted slowly to the sky and dispersed into the open air. The official activities were over, and people started making their way to the tavern or their friend's homes for evening fun. Ben and Julia were going to Alrek's and brought a bottle of the wine that they had set aside for their host.

The familiar scent of burning marijuana reached their nostrils before they arrived at the door. Must be the right place, Julia thought with a grin.

Their host welcomed them in and thanked them enthusiastically for their gift. Then he personally took them around and introduced Julia to the other guests. Alrek wanted her to have a good time and feel at home, plus he was already buzzed, which brought out his outgoing tendencies.

She saw a few familiar faces. Jim, the fisherman, who introduced her to his fiery-haired wife, Linda, who was a nurse in the local medical clinic, and Isaiah, the tall, thin lumberjack, who was with his date, Elsie, a tiny blonde whose pink skin was as pale as Isaiah's was dark. Alrek was already taking Julia by the arm to lead her off to his other friends and she glanced up at Ben's face to gauge his reaction.

Ben's hazel eyes smiled down at her. "You better go with him," he encouraged. Someone passed him a joint and he took a drag. "Alrek gets very determined when he's on a mission, and he seems quite intent on introducing you to everyone here. I'll be eagerly waiting for you here when you get back," he finished, kissing her and passing her the joint.

Alrek dragged Julia by the arm around the house until she had met all of the other guests. She couldn't possibly remember all their names, especially since every group she came upon passed her a pipe or a joint as a gesture of greeting. Julia was glad they were all so friendly and welcoming, but she was missing Ben and finally managed to work her way back to him through the smoky rooms.

Pink Floyd echoed like a siren song from the speakers in the living room when at last she glimpsed Ben laughing with his friends. He looked up and his eyes twinkled with delight upon seeing her. Greeting Julia with a kiss, he rubbed his stubbled lips against her neck and then spoke in her ear.

"I missed you," he said in a low voice. She could hear his desire.

"Me too," Julia replied, smiling.

They slid their arms around each other's waist, not inclined to be separated again. Someone handed her a bottle of beer and before long she was laughing—sometimes a little too loudly—at people's jokes. But everyone was laid back and enjoying themselves, many of them laughing as loudly as she.

Ben had moved behind her now, holding her against his body, arms around her waist. As he nuzzled her neck Julia could feel his cock growing hot against her lower back. She felt a familiar jolt between her legs. Alrek passed her another joint, and when she exhaled, her nerves tingled with sensation. She was completely aware of Ben's muscular body against her, and felt a powerful urge to feel his body on top of hers and his cock inside her.

Julia passed the joint to Ben and pressed her ass into his crotch, hoping to communicate her need without being too obvious. He responded by putting his hands on her hips, subtly pulling her into him and against his stiff cock.

Julia shivered. The smoke seemed to swirl in time with the music, and people's voices began mixing into a meaningless chorus. All she could be certain of was Ben's hard body against hers and her need to have him inside her. Julia excused herself and took Ben's hand so that he would follow.

While they made their way toward the bathroom, she leaned in to his ear and asked in a low voice, "Is there anyplace we can go to be alone for a few minutes?"

She felt him grinning against her cheek. "I think I know of a place; follow me," he replied, leading her by the hand.

They managed to slip out into the garage without being seen. Everyone was drunk, high or both at this point, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, Julia hoped.

The room was dark, and they could hear the muffled reverberations of Boston playing and people talking and laughing loudly coming from one wall. Ben pulled on an unseen cord, switching on a light, and motioned for Julia to follow him.

They stopped at a wooden bench and, putting their arms around each other, they kissed passionately. Ben lowered Julia onto the bench lengthwise so that she sat straddling it with her legs. He removed her shoes and unfastened her pants, working them off her hips and down her legs. Next he sat down straddling the bench facing her, and with one hand he reached for a breast while the other moved between her legs.

"Ohhh Bennn," Julia moaned at the touch of his fingers, arching her body into his touch. Ben's fingers found her lips swollen and wet, and a groan escaped his lips.

"So hot," he murmured, sliding back and lowering his head for a taste.

Julia lay back onto the bench with her legs spread wide, crying out at the feel of his tongue tracing her clitoris. She clamped both hands over her mouth to keep from screaming when she came a minute later. Oh God, he is so hot! She removed her hands from her mouth, sat up, and, reaching for Ben's fly, pleaded with him to fuck her.

"Oh please baby, please!" Julia begged, desperately tugging on his jeans to free his cock.

"Please what?" he teased, his voice mocking her gently as he slid his body toward hers. He reached down and started stroking her entrance with the tip of his newly freed cock.

"Please fuck me!" she shouted, much more loudly than she had intended. Ben quickly covered her mouth with his hand and leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"Shhh," he soothed, his voice husky. "You don't want everyone to know we're in the garage before I've had a chance to fuck you now, do you?"

Julia shook her head slowly, her eyes still pleading in frustrated desire. He chuckled at her impatience and rewarded her by sliding deeply into her slick pussy.

"Ohhh." Her moan vibrated against his hand covering her mouth.

"You are such an impatient girl," Ben scolded as he held her up with one arm behind her back, slowly grinding his pelvis into hers. "So hot you'd risk fucking with a house full of people just beyond that door. If you're not quiet someone might find us."

She groaned, grabbing for his ass with her hands in order to pull him more deeply inside her. Oh God, she loved it when he talked dirty to her!

Noticing her response, Ben continued, "Unless you want to be caught. Is that it, do you want someone to see you with my hard cock pounding your wet pussy?" He punctuated his question with a hard thrust.

"Mmm," Julia pleaded, the high-pitched whine escaping her throat muffled by his hand. Oh God, she'd die if that happened, but the idea aroused her so much.

"Someone could walk in on us right now. If they did, would you want me to stop?" Ben's strokes became fuller, deeper.

"Mm-mm," she replied, shaking her head slightly. Oh please, please don't stop, she pleaded silently. No matter what, please don't stop!

He slowly removed his hand from her mouth and whispered, staring straight into her eyes, "Then maybe I should let you be free to scream, hmm?"

He was making her crazy. "Oh God Ben, please!" Julia cried, her lips finally free to speak.

"What is it, baby?" he asked, grinding his groin against her clit. He was enjoying this.

"Please," she begged, "fuck me hard, make me come!"

Ben growled in response to her plea. He then pulled himself more than halfway out of her and plunged inside her again and again. Reaching between them he teased her aching clitoris with a fingertip. Julia arched her back suddenly, crying out as the orgasm hit her, and with a powerful shudder Ben emptied himself completely into her cunt.

They lay there for a minute, then he slowly lifted off of her and, taking her hand, helped Julia up off the bench. He kissed her and said, "We better get back before someone notices."

Alrek came around the corner just as they slipped back into the house and shut the door to the garage. He was heading there himself to get some more beer. He noticed their flushed faces.

"There you are. We were starting to wonder if you'd left without saying goodbye."

"We just stepped out for a breath of fresh air," Ben told him.

Whatever you say, Alrek thought, as he smiled and opened the garage door. When he shut the door behind him the smell of fresh sex hit his nose. "Fuckin' A," he swore under his breath, his loins tightening automatically.

~**~

It was nearly two in the morning when Julia and Ben stumbled back to the Moose Lodge for the night, finding the door locked and the lobby empty. Gerald and Emily turned in hours ago. Ben used his key to let them in, and they crept up the stairs to their room.

They kicked their shoes off and undressed, crawling into bed.

Ben and Julia headed for home the morning of the third day. Their canoe held another round of supplies, making the craft sink a little lower into the water when they got in.

They were planning only one more trip into town that summer for provisions, for Alrek, Jim, and Isaiah would be coming to the cabin in the fall to go hunting. Ben had made arrangements for them to bring in the last of what they would need for the winter.

~**~

The air was growing cooler now and the length of the days shorter. Ben delighted in Julia's excitement over the size of the vegetables in the garden, the long days making it possible for them to grow to enormous proportions.

They filled the cache with their harvest and did other work around the homestead to prepare for the long upcoming winter. Other times they went fishing or berry-picking, or hunting for small game. It took Julia some time to get used to fishing for salmon in the same river as the brown bears, but there was so much fish the grizzlies were fat and lazy and paid them little attention as long as they kept their distance.

starscape
starscape
136 Followers