Under My Skin Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her eyes went to the rear view mirror.It was empty. No red eyes. Nothing. It- who ever it was- was gone! Her breathing came in short, quick breaths. She had to squint as the light form the officer's torch reflected into her eyes.

"You sure?" Shepard sounded unconvinced.

"Yes I am sure." she kindly reassured him.

"Detective Blake sent me out here to give you this," Shepard reached over, holding small business card with Blake's name and number on it. "He said if you have any questions give him a call."

"Thank you very much Officer." she smiled gratefully and took the card from him.

Shepard slowly pulled his arm from the car then nodded with a smile."Its quite dark out. You be sure to wear your seat belt and drive safe Ma'am."

"I will. Thank you again." She returned the smile and turned the key, bringing the car engine to life.

Shepard stepped back form the car then waved before turning and heading back towards the station. Only then did she roll up her window and turned on the small overhead light.

Frantically, she turned her head to the side and looked at her neck in the rear view mirror. Her eyes widened as she saw a bruise and swelling around her neck where the hand had been.

Her head whipped around to the backseat.There was nothing there. Empty just like she had left it. Where had her attacker gone? Her eyes scanned the back carefully then darted down to the floorboards.

Nothing there either. It was as if her assailant had vanished into thin air. Her hand went to her throat. The marks proved she had been attacked just now. But how had they just up and disappeared?

Megeara shuddered in her seat and was suddenly aware of the dampness between her legs. Her foot stomped on the gas pedal. Her tires squealed as she sped out of the police parking lot.

She would look for Dustin soon but for now she just wanted to get home. Her thoughts returned to her friend and what had just happened. She cringed in thought as she drove.

Should she have said something to the officer about the attack? No. She had no evidence except the bruises on her neck and she had no clue how the man or thing had left the car without her or the officer noticing.

It was very unreal but She had not imagined it. Still she could not just admit to being attacked by something she could not even identify except by a raspy whisper and glowing eyes. The cops would think her crazy.

Her home came into view before she knew it. She pulled into her small driveway and parked her car. She turned off the engine and got out quickly and hurried for her front door which she quickly opened and shut behind her.

Megeara leaned back against the door and took a few deep, steadying breaths. Her heart was racing.

Her body slid down to the floor as she willed herself to calm down. She was safe. She was home. No one was here but her. Megeara kept repeating those words as her heart slowed back to normal.

Slowly, she got to her feet and walked through her living room and down the little hallway to her bedroom.

She locked her bedroom door just for her piece of mind then walked over to her closet and began pulling off her clothes. Leaving her clothes in a puddle on her bedroom floor, Meageara made her way into the bathroom and turned the hot water on.

She went back into her room and began getting clean underpants and pajamas while the tub filled. Her mind once again thought of Dustin and she found herself looking at the hung up costume in the closet.

Did that thing that attacked her also attack her friend? Was that what was keeping him? She hoped not.

Her legs trembled and buckled at the thought of that thing and what nasty things it might be doing to Dustin.

She shook her head. No. That won't happen. I'll find him, she vowed as she laid out her clothes on the bed and went back into the bathroom.

The water was hot and already causing the mirror to fog up with steam. She left the bathroom door open a crack before turning off the water and climbing in.

Megeara let her knees bend as she slid all the way down into the bottom of the tub letting the water come up to her chin. She desperately needed to figure out a plan to help her friend and to figure out what was going on.

The hot water began working on her muscles more than she realized and thoughts of plans soon evaporated . She let out a soft sigh and soon found her eyes closing as she rested her head on the back of the tub.

12