Unforgotten Promise Ch. 02

Story Info
Danielle and Kiccaid meet after 5 years.
3k words
4.63
30.7k
19
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 02/09/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
in4sin
in4sin
44 Followers

Present Day...

"Oh, Danielle," Joseph Harming moaned.

Danielle Vincent rolled her eyes to the ceiling as Joseph lay on top of her, being as exaggerating as always. She knew the sex wasn't that good. Well, not good for her. Joseph was definitely not a good lover. He always tried to put too much into the mood and the actual sex. And he was "not as sharp as a tooth pick", as her mother would put it. Any man would know that her moans here and there were being forced. She just didn't feel anything towards him, at least not sexual. Yet I'm on my freakin' back, in his bed... Danielle thought. She was so stupid.

Here she is, twenty-two years old, barely out of college, unemployed, and dating the wrong guy. Well the dating thing was completely her fault.

*****

After her graduation a month ago, Danielle had gotten drunk at a congratulation party for the graduates. That was a bad thing. She ended up flirting like crazy with her best guy friend, Joseph, and unexpectedly, ended up in his bed, butt naked, the next morning. She couldn't remember what had gone on from the time she was at the party, to the moment she woke up in Joseph's bed. But by the look on his handsome face when he turned over and looked her up and down, she had known that whatever it was had changed their friendship forever. Sure enough, she was right. Three days later, she had confronted him on what had happened.

"Joseph, what we did... it's just that...," Danielle had begun.

"What baby?" Joseph responded with worry in his eyes and voice.

"I was drunk, you see, and..."

Joseph took a hold of Danielle hands. "You couldn't have been that drunk not to do what we did. Maybe drunk enough not to have remembered, but... what we had shared together was more than just drunk passion, it was love."

Danielle hesitated at his words. Love? No way were they in love. "Joseph, please understand, love is just too complicated, and I know you think it's love, but..."

"You told me you loved me!" Joseph almost shouted. That stopped Danielle midsentence. What? Please tell me I did NOT tell this man I loved him? Danielle closed her eyes and tried to think back to that night. It was totally blank. She had never told any man that she loved him. Just one... Danielle didn't let herself go there. She tried again to remember that night, but it didn't happen.

Danielle started again. "I couldn't have told you that I love you," Oh shit. She hadn't meant to deny it. She had meant to tell him she hadn't meant it. But really, love?

Joseph fumed. "Of course you said it. What, do you think I'm lyin' or somethin'? This is some bullshit. You told me you loved me and now you're being a cock tease. What, did you just use like some toy?"

"NO!" She yelled an octave over him. "It's just that I don't remember anything and..." Danielle stopped when she looked into his eyes. Joseph had been her friend since her junior year of college when they had first met. They had never fooled around; Danielle's decision because she knew from rumors around the small campus that he had had a thing for her. She hadn't needed a relationship back then and not at the moment.

Now, as she looked into his deep chocolate eyes that were placed onto an angular, chocolate colored face, she saw what she regretted most. Love. It hit her like a bulldozer and her stomach fell. She had made a big mistake. And from the look in his eyes, if she walked away, he wouldn't be alright. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and said what she had to say.

"Maybe we could give us a try..."

Danielle was forced to stop when Joseph got up and gave her a hard kiss on the mouth. She closed her eyes and damned herself to hell when she heard, "Baby, I love you too. We'll always be together, boo."

Now she looked up at him as he got off his king size bed. It won't last, she thought. It can't last.

"Hey babe, I'm going to this gathering later at Marilyn's. You want to come?" she asked, just to say she did. She knew though today he couldn't. Every Saturday night Joseph went out with his older, pigheaded brothers. They thought themselves as gangstas and claimed they visited the streets just to "catch up with the ones that couldn't get out". She knew it was code for "get high and watch hoes" from a window in their black suburban neighborhood.

"Nah, baby, you know me and the brothas gotta hang tonight. You know, visit them hoodrats and catch up with the fellas."

Joseph turned around and walked out of his door heading towards his bathroom. Danielle smiled at his chocolate back. He may be fine, kind, and a good friend, but he was predictable. She couldn't wait for tonight. She was finally could go out without Joseph showing her off as some show piece (like it was some kind of big deal that he had a black girl!). She could be as free as a bird. At least, as free a bird could be with just fifty dollars in her purse.

*****

Joseph frowned to himself as he walked into his bathroom and shut the door. That was the worst sex of his life, worst than the first time he and Danielle hooked up. And it ain't me either, Joseph thought to himself. Sista just couldn't put it down for a brotha. But it was worth it. Danielle wasn't just your normal piece of ass. She had been his prodigy ever since freshmen year, but she never gave out. He would've thought she was a virgin, but all evidence was present that night that she wasn't anywhere close to being innocent. The only reason he kept her around was because she was eye candy and somethin' every black man wanted for himself. She looked fine as hell in designer clothes and presented herself good in front of his colleagues at his father's business socials. In three years, he would be out of grad school and in the vice president position at the business. Joseph cleaned himself up and grabbed his cell from the sink's counter. He hit speed dial #4 and waited till someone picked up.

"What up?"

"Hey baby, I'll be at yo place later tonight, alright?"

"Who's says you invited?" the sassy voice responded.

"Listen, what I say is what I say, now you betta come to that door with that sexy piece I bought you!"

Shayla gave an exasperated sigh, "What that ho didn't want tonight?"

"Whateva, look I'll be there at eight," and with that he hung up.

Women were so stupid. They were just some gold diggin' hoes out to get some money. Shawna was with him because he had cash and Danielle was with because he had told her some bullshit lie that night she had gotten drunk. All a man had to do was say 'I love you' and drop some cash and the hoes comes a runnin; Soon Danielle would be his wife and she won't mind the affairs he has with Shawna and the other women he showed some love; he'll just throw some dollars at her like the cock tease she was.

*****

Kincaid Patrick greeted his old high school friend, Kevin Jenson, with a smirk and a manly hug. They hadn't seen each other since they graduated from UNC almost five years ago. They had been partners in crime there and they couldn't believe that here they were, 27 years down the drain and they were both getting married.

Kevin was the first to speak, "It's been a long time."

"Yeah, too long," Kincaid responded. He looked Kevin up and down and whistled. "You haven't changed a bit."

Kevin held up his hands and responded to Kincaid's comment. "You haven't changed either." He looked around Kincaid as if expecting someone. "Where's that beautiful fiancée of yours that I've heard so much about over the phone?"

"She decided to come the day of the wedding. She wanted to get some wedding planning in before she came out here to Chicago." Kincaid rolled his eyes as he said it. His fiancée, Rose, always wanted to wedding plan. Wedding plan and spend cash. They had met in college his freshmen year and had stayed friends up until four years ago. She had been trying to court "him" ever since then. Basically, they had nothing in common, but she had been there when he needed someone and it turned out that she wasn't as vain as he thought.

"Speaking of brides-to-be, where's yours?" Kincaid fired back.

"Out with a few of her friends, so we got the whole house to ourselves. Well... until the big party." Kincaid looked around the massive foyer that he had stepped into moments before. It was huge, with a high ceiling and the whole antique look to it. The house had looked even greater traveling up the long drive way. This house was a clear show of his buddy's Junior CEO Paycheck he gets from the big law firm he works at. Kevin sure does know how to spend his money, Kincaid thought. Look who's talking. Kincaid was a lyris and music writer for the hottest country music artist of the day. He had a house similar to this back in his hometown, all Rose's doing of course.

"I got to show you this new big screen Marilyn let me get... it has the best stereo you have ever seen..." Kincaid smiled as Kevin's voice faded as he continued to walk through the house without him. Kevin always seemed to lead and expect people to follow, just like his persona of popularity back in high school. Kevin was to lead and Kincaid was to follow as the second in command. Some things will never change.

*****

Danielle smoothed out her the pale royal gold satin of her dress that she wore. The strapless babydoll dress fitted nicely to her curves, enhancing her cleavage and creating the image of long legs on her 5'4" height. Her long legs were the color of coffee and cream, smooth, and bare to the world. Her dainty feet were settled in strappy heels. She had bought the outfit years ago on a spur to tick off her strict mother. She knew the image of her in it was that of a she-devil. The added make-up and gold jewelry made her the image of a goddess.

She rang the doorbell of the elaborate home that belonged to her best friend. Marilyn Rodriquez answered the door with a broad smile that was to greet her next guest. Marilyn obviously perked up when she saw a guest she actually knew. "Thank goodness!"

Danielle giggled at the response of her best friend and the relief evident in her voice. "Hola, chica!" She greeted. Marilyn hauled her through the doorway and inside the grand foyer. All around them, people dressed in fine clothing mingled. Minor décor was spread amongst the room, along with caterers with hors d'oeuvre and glasses of champagne. Soft music could be heard in the background of the chatter. The elegant party was in full swing.

"What took you so long?! Where's that son-of-a-bitch?! Damn, I'm so glad you here!" Marilyn asked in a raspy, annoyed voice that only came when she was trying to keep her cool. Danielle had known her friend too long not to know when she needed answers to calm down. "I had to get ready, he's not a son-of-a-bitch, but he is out doin' his own thang, thank you again, and you look...damn!" Danielle exclaimed without hesitating.

"Thank you," Marilyn replied while exhorting the breath that she had been withholding since she asked her first question. Relief filled her because her best friend and someone who wouldn't judge her were finally present. She was pissed off at Kevin's, her fiancé, co-workers. He worked as Junior CEO of his father's company and that meant working with very important and snotty rich people. People who walked around with their nose up their asses. It might have been a stereotype, but those people's attitudes tonight proved truth. And it got on Marilyn's nerves. If Kevin wasn't up for Senior CEO and his bosses, including his father, wasn't present, she would have tossed the rich snobs out on their ass with an adios amigos, suckers as their farewell. Ever since she opened that door to invite the first guest into her home, she had been looked down on. They had gathered in their little cliques, treating themselves to the gossip that surrounded her. Marilyn was lower middle class, defiantly not any southern bell, and clearly not white. She was full blown Puerto Rican straight from the Westside of Chicago. From her slang accompanied with her accent to her round curves that were portrayed on her petite body, she was not at all the type of girl a CEO should call his wife. But, as it was known, Kevin was an addict for girls outside his southern white race. Honestly, Marilyn didn't give a damn if no one liked her, she just didn't like being disrespected. Luckily, Danielle, the only person who could stop her temper, had finally arrived.

Danielle and Marilyn had been tight since their senior year of high school when Danielle had transferred into Jackson High School in Chicago. She looked her best friend up and down, amazed at how stunning she looked. Danielle was still the prettiest thing to occupy a room. She grabbed her hand and started walking towards the backyard where Kevin and the party really took place.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you," Marilyn exclaimed. "I'm still furious at you because you didn't come back here to meet Kevin and his old friend. He's absolutely hot!"

Danielle feigned confused, saying, "Wait, which one? The friend or Kevin, because you've told me countless times how hot Kevin is "supposed" to be. Ouch!" She rubbed over the spot were Marilyn pinched her. She still couldn't believe that her friend was engaged. Okay, she could believe it, seeing as how spontaneous Marilyn could be. But Danielle couldn't believe that she still hadn't met the guy. Marilyn had vacationed for four months in Texas to visit her unknown half sister. When she came back, Danielle had practically blinded her with a giant diamond. Apparently, Kevin and Marilyn had met their, fallen in love, and a month ago had moved in with each other.

"Both, you crazy heifer. But I think you will find the friend more appealing, seeing as how the other is taken. You know what they say. 'best man and maid of honor equals hook up in a storage closet."

"NO, they don't! Besides, I'm with Joseph, so technically I'm off limits." Danielle humped at that and stuck her nose into the air like some royal brat.

"Aahh, but until that SOB Joseph gives you the climax of your life, young padi-wan, single woman you are." Both ladies laughed loudly at Marilyn's imitation of their favorite movie character, Yoda. Their laughter startled the rest of the occupants that were in the house being nosy. They stared at the best friends as if they had just rudely interrupted a funeral.

"I tell you, they don't know how to grow up," one middle-aged woman commented snidely to a group of other middle-aged women while sipping on a martini. By the looks of her heavy make-up and bottle blonde hair, it looked like she didn't want to grow up. Danielle paid no attention to her or the other people that stared. She was the only black person in the house, and it looked like, the whole party. People stared at her not only because of her race, but of her beauty. She looked gorgeous in her dress, her face dainty and angular. Shapely dark eyebrows hooded over blue eyes, something in contrast to her ethnicity. Her petite frame was showed off perfect in the dress. Danielle knew she rocked that outfit and she wore it with pride.

As they stepped outside, the sounds of chatter and quiet music filled the night, along with the evident noise of nature. Lights were placed all around the backyard, which held an Olympic size lighted pool and a bar area that housed a small kitchen. People, mostly men, occupied the yard, standing in groups, talking up business and politics. Marilyn had stopped walking to look for her man in a group. Danielle was glad for the pause, but soon was dragged across the yard towards the largest group. Many turned to look at the women as they made their way through the crowd, staring with opened mouths. A few weren't hesitant in openly staring with lust in their eyes. Danielle just kept looking straight, too excited to meet this Kevin. The moment they were at the group, the men parted and a man walked straight up to Marilyn, kissing her forehead. All conversation was silenced, except for two men in particular who were faced opposite of the group, deep in their own talk to even notice the ladies.

Danielle suspected that the man who went straight to Marilyn was Kevin. She really didn't get a good look at him because he turned Marilyn into a huddle so they could share a light kiss, though obviously intimate. Marilyn grabbed Kevin's hand and turned him towards Danielle to introduce them.

"Babe, meet the infamous Danielle. Danielle, the scrumptious Kevin..." Marilyn dragged off her sentence when she saw the look on Kevin's face. He looked as if he was seeing a ghost. Have the ever met? Marilyn turned to look at Danielle to answer her suspicion. Danielle looked confused and occupied, as if trying to place his face. And that is exactly what she was doing. Where have I seen him before? Danielle asked herself, racking her brain for memory. Then, as another person entered their private circle, she froze.

"Hey, Kevin your father was just telling me about..." Kincaid trailed off as he saw what was before him. Standing not even five feet away from him was the girl that had disappeared with his heart five years ago.

in4sin
in4sin
44 Followers