Unknown Love: Prologue

Story Info
Can love occur where you least expect to find it?
1k words
4
11.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You look great Lissa." Rebecca Thompson looked at her 22-year-old daughter and felt a surge of pride when she looked at her. She wanted to show Melissa how much love she felt towards her for achieving all that she had when many would have backed down from what they wanted in Melissa's position. "I'm sure that tonight they will find out what a great singer you are, honey."

I looked at her mother and knew she was only trying to calm her nerves. "Mum I love you with all my heart, but stop saying that! When, and if, they discover me it will be in their own good time. Now can I please be alone so I can prepare.... Oh and Mum, thanks for the support."

When my mum was gone I sat in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection. Tonight was my big night, my first chance to prove that I am a good singer. I was sure that all the extra weight that I had lost in the last year greatly improved her chances of having that chance. I'm just lucky that I had such great family and friends.

I remembered that my best friend Rachel was coming tonight, which made me happy. The only thing that put a dampener on the night was that Rachel had brought Travis; he had always seemed reserved when it came to talking to me- but then again next to Rachel I don't compare, not that I cared about what he thought anyway. Rachel was the blonde haired blue eyes type that guys always fell for where as I had brown hair and until recently an unsightly body, the only remarkable features that I had were my bright green eyes.

I then heard a knock on my door and it was one of the employees of the gig telling me I had 5 minutes until I had to go on stage. I took another deep breath and made my way to the door, this was it, my chance was here.

I watched Melissa singing and thought about how much she had changed this last year, and I thought that she looked almost as good as Rachel... but then again no-one could compare to her. The reason I was here tonight was because of Rachel. She has wanted me to see what Melissa was like singing, and possibly take some photographs of her performing so I could show them to the journalists at the newspaper I worked for as a photographer, so I could help raise Melissa's profile.

Rachel knew I would do anything for her and she abused that power to her own good and completely used me for all I was worth to her; and yet I would still do anything that she asked. Even if this time it was to help her best friend. Why I carry on following her when she clearly uses me, I don't know but she had never said that she would never go out with him, so in my eyes there is still some hope even though no one else thought so!

I had never got to know Melissa, as when I first started to get to know them all my attention was on Rachel, and as the mutual friends that brought us together it seemed that we were the only 3 that had stayed in close contact. When I first met Melissa she seemed so quiet and shy that I never got to know her, as those characteristics had never interested me in women. I guess that the extra weight that she had carried all these years hadn't helped when it came to the confidence stakes. But I could now see that when she performed she became a different person, this was her alter ego coming into play.

Looking through my camera at Melissa I could see why she captivated the audience so much. She seemed to be in a complete dream world but sang and moved so intimately that it seemed as if she was inviting each individual to share her world. She drew you in completely, but so innocently as well, as if the cares of the world had skipped her so that she appeared to be an unsullied individual in life. Looking through my pictures I could see that they reflected the qualities she inspired, and that the paper would almost defiantly write an article on her.

Looking at Travis I could see my hold on him start to loosen just by the way he was staring at something. I followed his gaze and saw that he was watching Melissa. My worries lessened as I saw that he was just interested in her singing, how could Lissa threaten me? Those two had never liked each other, though I never knew why, although it was for the better as Lissa had changed so much and dramatically that she was basically a new person.

I had lived with Melissa for 2 years when we had moved into together in university. I had known her since I was 14 and my dad had.... Well I didn't want to remember that bit of my life so I moved on to another train of thought.

I wish Travis didn't follow me about, I like him as a friend but all I do is use him but then that's all that men are meant to be for; used for what you can get from them not what you can give them. It was his own fault really, I had never given him any encouragement but still he thought that he had a chance. No man had a chance, what made him so special.

Melissa had finished her performance so I should go and congratulate her and tell her the real reason as to why Travis was here. I just hope that she understands that I was doing this for her and puts her dislike of Travis to one side, just for a little while...