Valkyrie

Story Info
Valkyrie.
906 words
3.63
6.9k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It felt as though a thousand tiny needles were piercing his skin. Marcus could feel his heartbeat pulsing throughout his body with each step towards his salvation. He tried to focus on his thoughts, but his concentration fled under the pressure of his need. His skin started itching. His dirty, gnarled and broken fingernails tore small scratches in his arm as he climbed higher, taking the stairs two at a time. The grey walls of the stairwell seemed to be duller than usual. He didn't have much time.

He could feel it. It was close by and his body screamed out for it. A mad cackle built within him as he came to Floor 7. 'Just behind this door, and about thirteen steps that way.' Marcus smiled, he could almost taste his release. A lone tooth perched in his gums, creating a whistle as he panted. Marcus had been smart. His current stash was hidden behind a dumpster in this abandoned car park.

Marcus pushed the door marked 'Floor 7' open and tried to catch his breath, keeling over. He'd made it. He threw back his head and laughed, tears rolling down his face. He ran a hand through his unkempt hair, slicking it back.

His left hand started shaking as he walked closer to the dumpster placed strategically in the back corner, hidden by the shadows. It only shook when he hadn't had a fix for six or so hours. He cursed at himself for being so stupid to not take a second dose. If he was caught with a dose, he'd be executed. He clenched his fist, willing it to stop, but it refused, shaking harder as he came to his destination. The dumpster was still there where he'd left it, untouched.

Marcus' vision began to blur as his body screamed out for its release. He sat down beside

the dumpster and reached behind, his fingers clasping the small package he'd hidden there.

The package now sat on his lap, taunting him. He'd never been brave enough to let go like the others had. The voice in his head wouldn't let him let go. They had to keep on living, regardless of the cost.

He caressed the package as if a lover, his finger resting on the latch to open it and end all this pain.

'Maybe I shouldn't. I hate what I become. I'm strong enough to fight this. I need to stop before I lose it all.'

The voice responded, 'Take it. It'll make the pain go away, if not for a short while. You can stop whenever you want, but why now? Just take one more dose and you can worry about it all later.'

Marcus always listened to the voice.

'Maybe, maybe one more. I can stop after that. Just one last dose so I can fix everything.', he thought.

The latch flipped up, the package waiting patiently to be opened. His fingers pried the package apart, Marcus wincing with the exertion he needed. He'd almost waited too long. But it didn't matter anymore. He'd be better soon. The package contained a vial of a white liquid and an injector. Marcus eased the vial into the injector, sighing with resignation as it clicked into place, a sound he had heard a hundred times.

He placed the injector to his neck. The metal felt cool against his hot flesh.

'I just wish I were stronger.'

He thumbed the small button on the side, wincing at the sharp prick of the needle and groaning with relief as he felt the dose flood into his body.

Marcus lay there beside the dumpster, eyes glazed over as ecstasy poured through his veins, overwhelming his body.

He was everywhere at once, one with all, and all was one.

His eyelids felt so heavy. Each attempt to blink felt like a fight he was losing.

'I'm so sorry I wasn't stronger.'

His heart beat twice more before stopping.

The sun's dawning rays broke over the cityscape, illuminating Marcus as he died.

An eerie silence fell on the carpark as the day began.

Marcus' eyes shot open. It had worked! The pain was gone completely, the only remaining feeling a low hunger in his core. He lifted himself to his feet. His hands were clean and smooth, the nails immaculate. Marcus inhaled deeply, trying to fill his lungs with as much air as possible. He felt the air enter his body, but his lungs did not inflate. He stood there, unmoving for a moment, revelling in the silence. His pulse no longer pounded in his head and his skin no longer itched.

It always felt this way after he died.

He walked to the edge of the parking structure, standing where a cement barrier had once stood, now open space. Marcus felt the cement begin to crumble underneath his feet as he edged his battered shoes out into the air. For a time, he stood there, looking out across the city. He could hear the city coming to life, filtering through his consciousness as he took it all in.

He leaned forward, letting himself topple forwards into the open air. The air rushed past his face as he plummeted toward the ground. His face broke into a feral grin as he slammed into the concrete, landing unharmed. A raucous laugh left his throat as he lay in the street.

Today was going to be a good day.