Vampires and Lovers Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,328 Followers

"That's it, Wyl. Open those beautiful eyes, little one." David sagged with relief as the younger vampire's eyelids began to flutter. It had been well over twenty-four hours since he and Gabriel had arrived and it seemed Wyl was finally waking. He gave a sad smile as expressive, espresso eyes slowly opened to regard him with a mix of fear and recognition.

"Feed," David said in a commanding tone, his eyes glittering hypnotically. He cradled the brunette in one arm as he offered his wrist. As much as the blond disliked using his greater powers over the younger vampire, he needed Wyl to gather strength for what was to follow.

"David," Wyl whispered as he concluded feeding and looked up at the other vampire. "I can't feel Vincent. Does that...is he...?"

Tears began to spill from the ochre depths and David hugged the slender body tightly.

"No," he said forcefully. "No it does not. Just because we cannot feel him it does not mean he is...lost to us. You need to regain some strength, little one. Although he is being sought, you, above everyone else, may be able to find him."

A sound at the doorway heralded the appearance of Seamus and Gabriel. Wyl hugged each hard in turn. He touched Seamus' gouged cheek.

"I'm fine, Wyl," the older blond affirmed. "And I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Wyl repeated the word, puzzled. "I don't understand."

"I got separated from you and Vincent. I should have realised sooner what their ploy was."

"But I couldn't save Vincent," Wyl said sadly. "I tried so hard, but they kept beating me down."

"If we are looking to apportion blame within ourselves," Gabriel growled, "then David and I must take our share."

"But...but you weren't even there," Wyl said.

"Exactly," Gabriel rumbled. "David and I did not *need* to go alone to the forest. All of us could have gone, but we wished to be alone for a while. If we had not been selfish, we would have been there to help."

"He is right, Wyl, Seamus," David said, moving to wrap an arm around Wyl's waist. "There is truly only one who is at blame and that is the one who took Vincent."

"I don't blame you, Seamus," Wyl said, a hitch in his voice. "Or David or Gabriel."

"And no one blames you, little one," Seamus said huskily, moving to mirror David's position and wrap a strong arm around the slender brunette's waist. "Bardolph says all could see how you strove to keep at Vincent's side."

"So we are agreed," Gabriel said determinedly. "We save blame for the kidnapper of Vincent. And when we find them, they will wish they had never seen the light of day." The big Lycan wrapped his arms around the trio of vampires. No one threatened or hurt his family with impunity. Whatever it took, he would find and deal with the one who had hurt them.

****

Bardolph whined softly as his pleasure spot was grazed once more. Caring fingers rolled one nipple as his other was suckled and nipped. The rocking motion of his lover was gentle and persistent, and had built his arousal slowly. His shaft ached and throbbed between their bodies, pre-come slicking the organ to let it slide easily. He petted the red hair of the smaller man between his thighs and moaned quietly at the love that blazed from the blue eyes that looked up at him.

"Love you, Liam," he murmured.

"I love you, my golden beauty," came the equally quiet response, a soft, lilting, Irish accent to the other man's voice.

"Let me come, Liam," Bardolph begged.

"Soon, sweet one," his lover promised.

Bardolph arched, biting back his normal, more vocal appreciation, as his engorged penis was enveloped in a powerful grip. A couple of slow strokes alternating with a squeeze to the base of his shaft drove the blond beyond coherent thought. The flesh driving into him began to pound his prostate and shards of light flashed behind closed lids. He mewled as fingers fondled his sac, rolling and squeezing the orbs within and panted wetly as they returned to work his rod. A series of hard, fast feral thrusts and wet heat surged into his welcoming channel. A muted howl accompanied his own release, the silver adorning both sweat-sheened bodies. He lay unmoving except for the heaving of his chest, relishing the feel of the weight of his equally sated lover and soft licks to his torso.

He silently mourned the loss of intimate connection as Liam slipped free from his body. His lover's tongue, however, continued to work its way down his body and Bardolph whimpered as the talented organ licked him clean, laving his spent flesh. He drew up his legs, opening his body to his mate at the gentle nudge of Liam's nose to his depleted sac. He gave a soft moan as Liam licked his entrance, cleaning his most private place.

"Do not feel guilty, my golden beauty," Liam ordered as he saw a small crease between his lover's brows.

"It's just..." Bardolph began, but lips on his and a tongue pressing into his mouth stopped further words.

"Do you honestly think Wyl would want us to remain celibate whilst he is here? Tillie and Danny as well as James and Gareth have felt the need just as much. It's natural, my love. Wyl's mate is missing and I want to have you in my arms all the time to know you are safe. James doesn't let Gareth get beyond an arm's length away." Liam rolled their bodies, cradling his bigger mate's head into the junction of his neck and shoulder, rubbing his hands over the smooth, warm expanse of Bardolph's back.

"I worry for his health," the blond whispered. "He barely feeds. It is almost as if he is fading already."

"We won't let him," Liam said confidently. "We will keep him well and safe and when we find Vincent we will celebrate. I think we should arrange to meet with Seamus' family more often. In fact we should make efforts to meet with other families regularly. If they had known us better, they might have realised it was a trap."

"A good idea," Bardolph said, nuzzling his smaller mate.

"Later, my golden beauty, I want you inside me."

Bardolph raised his head, his eyes meeting the steady gaze of his mate, his Alpha.

"I want to feel you in me and around me, surrounding me with your love and your life." Liam stroked down Bardolph's smooth back. "I love you, you complete me," he added huskily. "I would be lost without you. But this I swear, my love, if you were taken from me I would spend the last of my existence finding the one responsible, and killing them slowly and painfully, before I faded."

"No one will take me from you," Bardolph said, nuzzling closer letting his lover's strong arms tighten possessively around him.

"We will speak no more of it, my love. Let us see if we can get Wyl to feed."

****

The two Lycans tapped at Wyl's door and stepped inside. The slender vampire lay moving restlessly, dark smudges, under closed eyes, marring the angelic visage. The Bonded pair moved to sit at Wyl's bedside.

"Wake up, little one," Bardolph said softly, using the nickname Wyl's family employed. "You need to feed."

Wyl's eyes opened and he looked from blond to redhead. He did not need to ask questions, he could not feel his mate. He began to shake his head, he had no hunger.

"If you think we are going to incur Vincent's anger because we let his Chosen turn into a wraith whilst in our care you are sadly mistaken, young one," Liam said, gently. He wrapped a strong arm around slender shoulders and cradled Wyl lovingly, gazing into the limpid, chocolate orbs. "Feed from me," he said, his voice taking a lower, more demanding timbre. He smiled as Wyl obeyed without further complaint.

Wyl dutifully fed from both Lycans, their powerful elixirs strengthening him, helping his body heal. He sighed as he was laid back to the bed. He missed Vincent so much it was a physical ache.

"May I check you, Wyl?" Bardolph asked. He smiled at the nod and peeled back the covers. He scrutinised the recovering body. Marks of fists, feet, claw and tooth were fading well. Bardolph was certain the beating would have been less severe if Wyl had not fought so hard to stay at Vincent's side. "Liam, would you check Wyl's back?"

Wyl rolled to his side to let the other male examine him.

"Much better," Liam said, letting pride colour his tones. "Good boy," he added patting a shoulder as he helped Wyl settle again.

"Seamus, David and Gabriel," Wyl said. "They will be back soon?"

"Yes, little one. They are out with James and Gareth. Perhaps they will have some good news," Bardolph said. He leant forward and dropped a kiss to Wyl's forehead. "Rest again, Wyl," he added.

The two Lycans sat at Wyl's side until certain the younger male was fully sleeping before slipping quietly away.

****

Gabriel returned with Gareth and no good news. He joined Bardolph and Liam in the large sitting room and nodded grimly as Tillie and Danny joined them, the mage and vampire even more strikingly different than he and his beloved David.

Tillie had long raven-black hair currently centre parted into two bunches high on her scalp. Her green eyes were heavily lined in black and mascara was lavishly applied to impossibly long lashes. She had a diamond in the side of her nose and a silver ring through her bottom lip. She wore a tight t-shirt with the legend 'Goth', a tiny, red miniskirt, thick, tartan-patterned tights and boots that Gabriel was a loss to know how she walked in. They came past her ankles, the toes steel-tipped and the sole, at least two inches thick, was also steel-studded.

In contrast Danny had close-cropped honey-blond hair and hazel eyes peered almost shyly at Gabriel. He wore a plain white shirt, opened a few buttons from where a hint of chest fur was visible and black jeans. He looked as though he should be behind the desk of a bookshop or library. He would most likely be a touch smaller than his mate, but Tillie's incredible boots ensured she towered over the slender vampire. Gabriel also noted that Tillie kept an arm around her mate's waist, the spell-caster clearly as protective of her mate as all the other Bonded pairs.

"Nothing," Gareth said disgustedly, running a hand through shoulder-length, auburn waves as he paced to and fro. He turned oceanic depths to the others of his family. "We haven't found anything."

"That's not quite true," Liam said, coming to grasp the agitated vampire's shoulders. "We *do* know these rogues were not from our city. Their scent was wrong, more countrified. I have other families checking their areas even as we speak."

"Danny and I will go out for a while whilst you and James rest and reconnect, Gareth," Tillie said coming to hug the slender man.

"Get some others to go out with you," Gareth warned, leaning into the embrace.

"I'm certain that Vincent was the only target," Tillie said. "But we won't take any unnecessary risks," she added, glancing possessively at her mate. She smiled as Danny came to join them, Gareth giving the similarly built vampire a hard hug.

"It is better to be safe than sorry," Bardolph added as he came to join them. His long arms encircled as much of his family as he could manage, Liam's arms meeting his and gripping tightly, completing the protective, loving circle.

One of the vampire sentries came and murmured into Liam's ear. The Lycan nodded and all turned as a sandy-haired newcomer entered.

Gabriel felt the tension immediately. He noted that Liam and Tillie stepped forward as if protecting their mates and Gareth. There was something about the man's demeanour that set Gabriel's instincts on edge. His nostrils flaring as he scented the male.

"Is there something we can do for you, Marcus?" Liam asked.

"I heard about the attack. I came to see if you were all well. Just because I am neutral doesn't mean I wouldn't care, Liam," Marcus said silkily.

"Really, Marcus? " Tillie asked.

"But of course. I just do not feel your need to risk myself for an inferior species that would not be grateful even if they knew they were being protected. I can guarantee you, Tillie that they would spike your precious Danny in a heartbeat if they knew what he was."

The female mage growled softly at the implied threat, taking a step forward. Then she stopped as Wyl entered the room, swathed in one of Bardolph's voluminous robes.

"It's ok, Wyl," Gabriel said, moving swiftly to scoop the still weak vampire into his arms. He had seen the hope in Wyl's eyes fade as the brunette realised his mate was not there.

"I must have been dreaming," Wyl whispered to the Lycan. "I was sure I caught something of Vincent."

"Hush, little one," Gabriel crooned, not wanting the younger male to reveal their loss in the presence of the spell-caster who inexplicably agitated him. His protectiveness towards Wyl spiked sharply as he caught a glimpse of Marcus' too-intense, pale stare.

"Is everything ok, Liam?"

All eyes turned to the vampire, standing in front of David and Seamus all of whom had entered silently. He was over six feet tall, powerfully muscled with dark, close-cropped hair and ice-blue eyes that glowered glacially at Marcus.

"Marcus was just leaving," Liam said, turning back to the mage. "I thank you for your concern. We are fine."

"As you wish, Liam," Marcus shrugged, a faint smile playing about his lips as he left.

"I don't like him and I don't trust him," Tillie said. "For all his claims to be a neutral."

"He's never involved himself or been seen consorting with rogues," James said, pulling Gareth into his arms. "At least that we know of," he added. "However, I agree. I don't trust him either. He could easily pass information on without being directly involved in anything."

"Danny and I will call Lisa's family and see if she can spare one of her couples to join us," Tillie said. "Something will turn up," she added confidently as she clasped Danny's hand and hurried out.

"I hope so," Seamus murmured quietly as he watched Gabriel and David return Wyl to his bedroom. He was grateful for the comforting hand of James on his shoulder as the other vampire and his mate came to stand beside him.

"He cannot simply vanish, my friend," the bigger vampire said. "We will keep up our searches and vigil round the clock if necessary."

"Thank you," Seamus said sincerely, truly appreciative for the unconditional support of the family that, until now, he had hardly known. "Thank you all."

****

At Vincent's best guess he had been a prisoner two, possibly three, days judging by his hunger. Apart from the fleeting visit by Marcus, there had been nothing. There were no sounds, no smells, nothing to detract from the grey walls and the fear that gnawed at him regarding Wyl. He stood, staring, as the opening reappeared and Marcus sauntered through. The mage appeared to be wearing nothing other than a knee-length, navy-blue, silk kimono. The lack of dress and supercilious smirk making Vincent growl menacingly.

"You can make all the noise you like, Vincent," Marcus mocked. "It will not go further than this room. I have to confess that I have had to abandon any other work whilst I have you at my mercy. This trap and my...other surprise, take up virtually all my power. But it is worth it."

"What now?" Vincent asked. "You looking to bore me to death with your meaningless prattle?"

"Hardly meaningless, my dear Vincent and I'm glad to see you a little feistier. Firstly, I need to ensure your friends, family, and very distraught mate, no longer look for you. And that, my dear Vincent, means you have to die."

The pain that wracked Vincent's body was unlike anything he had ever felt before. He was vaguely aware of the cylinder of light vanishing a fraction of a second before blackness enveloped him.

****

David, Gabriel and Seamus were at the penthouse where the fighting had originally taken place. Gabriel growled in frustration as his ability to scent Vincent suddenly vanished, each and every time he tried to track his brother-of-the-heart. As he moved to join Seamus and David, he dropped to his knees howling in pain, dimly aware of the equally agonised cries of the two vampires.

"It can't be, it can't be," Seamus chanted as if the heartfelt denial could perform a miracle. "Wyl, we have to get to Wyl."

"I need you here," Gabriel growled, gripping Seamus' shoulder and watching as the two vampires wiped tears from their cheeks.

"I will go to Wyl. He mustn't be alone at this time. I cannot believe Vincent is lost," David whispered.

"He will not go unavenged," Gabriel vowed. He watched his mate streak towards Liam's home before scrubbing roughly at his own tears. "His murderer made a mistake," Gabriel husked. "A fatal mistake. When he allowed us to feel Vincent's death he was there. I picked up his scent and it is one I have smelt before. He will not evade me."

"So be it," Seamus rasped.

****

David streaked to Liam's penthouse, blinded by tears that fell unheeded. He was let inside by grim-face guards who knew something was very wrong, although none detained him to ask. Bardolph stood outside Wyl's room, the Lycan's face showing his despair.

"He screamed and fainted," Bardolph husked. He shook his head as if denying what he already knew he would hear from the small blond. "Vincent?"

"Gone," David whispered. "I have to look after Wyl. Gabriel seemed to pick up on something." He gave a grim nod as the big Lycan went to speak formally to his family of Vincent's loss. David tried to compose himself, but knew he would not be able to contain his own sorrow. He stepped inside to find the bed empty, the bedding strewn over the floor as if Wyl had found it too oppressive and flung it aside. The window was open, its curtains billowing rhythmically. "No," he moaned. He dived back out of the room, shouting to the stunned group that he would find Wyl and then flew through the open window after the younger vampire. He quickly realised the direction of the brunette. Wyl was going home. David brushed roughly at the tears before suddenly freezing in mid-flight.

"You bastard," he ground out angrily. "I'll tear your throat out myself." With renewed vigour the blond chased after the brunette, soul-deep fury lending an added dimension to the speed of his flight.

He entered their home and headed for the bedroom of Wyl and Vincent. He gave a scream of denial as he saw the younger vampire crumpled on the floor, a large kitchen knife by his side. He turned Wyl and cradled him in his lap relieved to find the brunette had not tried to kill himself. However the lack of response when David tried to wake him had the blond's fear spiking once more. He laid the unresponsive body on the ground and slapped Wyl's cheek hard. He repeated the action twice more before forcing Wyl's mouth open and ensuring his essence slid down the younger vampire's throat. The soft sound from Wyl had some of David fear receding, but not his anger. He pulled Wyl back into his lap and shook the slender body.

"Don't you dare slip away from me, don't you dare!"

"D...David?"

The single word was slow and slurred, but music to the blond's ear.

"That's it, come back to me, Wyl."

"Vincent."

The word was spoken with such sorrow that David drew Wyl closer, nuzzling against the brunette's brow.

"I need you to look at me, Wyl. I have something to say and you have to listen."

David gave a smile and nod as Wyl pulled away a little to gaze into his eyes.

"That's better," he said. "Wyl, you know I love you?" he smiled wider at the nod. "Do you trust me?" Another nod was his answer. "There is something that sets me apart at this moment," he said. "I lost my Sire. I loved him very much, Wyl. Not as much as I love Gabriel or as much as I have come to love you, Vincent and Seamus. You are all so deep in my heart I don't have the words to say. However, when I lost him, I felt the same kind of pain when we thought Vincent lost. But I don't think Vincent *is* lost to us, Wyl. I still feel an emptiness in my heart for my Sire. I don't feel the same for Vincent. I need you to concentrate, Wyl. I think someone has tried to make us think Vincent is dead so we won't look for him anymore. I hope and pray your strong bond to him coupled with your Sensitive qualities can help us find him. Let yourself feel, Wyl. Do you feel the emptiness?"

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,328 Followers