Vegas: Bk 02 Ch. 08

Story Info
Katherine is interrogated.
8.3k words
4.79
11.9k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER EIGHT: KATHERINE IS INTERROGATED

The phone call she received from Big Eddie was expected. It was to provide Holly with the arrival time of Joshua's flight. He also told her that Joshua had been to see his father. Although she feigned a lack of interest, the blonde listened to every word.

Her trained mind was already putting together the pieces when she received a second phone call. This one was unexpected. Joshua wanted to meet with her on his return. To 'personally' give her the next target.

Her intuition sent an alert to her brain. There could be only one reason for that request. The pieces clicked into place. She was the only person that could link Joshua to the killings. Joshua had been to see his father. The evidence needed to be removed. It was clear. She was Joshua's next target. That was somewhat ironic, as he was hers.

*

Parker knocked on the door to Julie's apartment. Early morning was his favourite time of day. He needed to move quickly. Ming was due to see the sassy woman at noon. He needed to take advantage of her vulnerability before then.

The finance man had already decided to use Carly in tomorrow's shoot. Julie would be a superb addition. Carly was for free; Julie would cost him five grand. But he would have control over her once she had appeared on camera.

She gasped as she opened the door. "Parker!"

His cock stirred as he looked at her. The outline of her naked breasts beneath the white t-shirt was delectable. So were the long legs running down from the short, blue pleated skirt. This girl did not realise how sexy she was.

"We have some unfinished business," he said.

She shook her head and half closed the door. Only her head and those sensational breasts remained in his sight. "No, Parker. We have no unfinished business. I'm seeing Ming later..."

"I know," he interrupted. "That's why I'm here. What do you think Ming is going to do?"

Her brow creased into a frown. "I really don't know. Help me, I hope."

His soft laugh was chilling. "Have you spoken to her since she sent you home?"

Julie nervously shook her head. "No... I... just got the message to call in today."

Parker had got the information he needed. "She's going to sack you, Julie."

Her face dropped and he saw tears rush to her eyes. "No!"

"Oh, yes," he lied. He gave what he hoped was a compassionate look. "No fucking on the premises. You know the rules. Not unless you're a paying customer of course."

"But we didn't...."

"Fuck?" he said, drawing out the word. He smiled to himself as he saw the outline of her nipples appear. "She doesn't see it that way. She thinks you've let her down."

The brunette was lost for words. She leant against the doorframe. It seemed to be the only thing holding her up.

"I feel partly responsible, Julie," Parker sympathetically said. He pushed slightly on the door. "Can I come inside?"

She stared at him. Ming's assistant was clearly attempting to come to terms with the news he had just conveyed. A tear ran down her cheek as she shook her head. Before she could refuse him, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a roll of bills.

"One thousand dollars, Julie. You need it by tonight, I believe?"

*

Katherine sighed as she sat back in the wooden chair. She rested her arm on the mess that was Williams's desk. "Can I have another cigarette?"

William's nodded. She snapped the cigarette case open. The matching silver lighter flicked into action and she blew a smoke ring into the air. The two men silently watched her, a battle of wills as to who spoke next.

"I've told you already," the redhead nervously said. "I'd like to be cooperative but I really don't think I can help..."

"Not a problem," Jeffries said kindly. "You don't mind us asking a few more questions?"

"That's all you've done since you brought me here yesterday," she complained.

Williams ignored the comment. "Want another coffee?"

She fixed him a look. "No, thanks."

He pursed his lips, picking up the notepad he'd been using. "Let's go through what you told us last night. You say Big Eddie kidnapped you..."

"No, I didn't," she snapped. "You said that!"

"That's our understanding, Katherine."

She set her jaw. "Your understanding is wrong."

William's voice rose. "Really? I think that's bullshit."

Katherine reddened. "Look...."

"Do you know a man named Daniel Stone?" asked Williams. That was his trump card. His reward was a soft gasp from the redhead.

Fuck! Katherine ran a hand through her hair in an effort to compose herself. That's how they knew she was at Big Eddie's! How could Daniel have known?

"No point in denying it," Williams said. "Your reaction tells us everything we need to know."

"In that case," she shot back, "you won't need to ask me anything else."

Jeffries raised his eyebrows. "Stone believes you were taken against your will," he remarked.

Katherine grit her teeth. "He's wrong."

"When did you last see him?" Jeffries continued, pouring a coffee for himself.

"I... I bumped into him a few days ago at his hotel."

Williams sat on the desk in front of her. He crossed his arms. "And?"

She stared at him. The cocky detective's eyes insolently stared back into hers. Then they dropped to her breasts. God, she wished she had been wearing something more discreet than the tight fitting t-shirt.

"And?" he repeated.

"And nothing." Her voice was cold.

"You just bumped into him by accident?"

"Yes." Her mind was only half on the question. She was desperately attempting to think through what Daniel could have told them.

Williams roughly pulled her chin up. He stared into her frightened green eyes.

"The receptionist told us you checked with her whether Daniel was staying at the Rio. You asked for his room number."

Katherine took a long gulp. She angrily pulled away from his hand. Hold your nerve, she told herself.

"And we have a witness that saw you enter your apartment complex with Daniel."

The redhead felt faint. She had no way of knowing that Williams was lying to her about the witness. Suddenly, the world was closing in. She reached for another cigarette. Her hand shook as grabbed her lighter.

"The thing is, Katherine," continued Williams, "here we are, having a friendly off the record chat... and you are lying your head off to us. How would that look in court?"

"In court?" she gasped.

"Of course. We're not playing games," Jeffries drawled. He thumped his coffee mug down on the desk. "Kidnap. Perverting the course of justice. They're criminal offences, Katherine. That's a long stretch."

The redhead struggled to quieten the beating of her heart. Several long draws on the cigarette failed to help.

"If only that were all," Williams added, resting his hands behind him on the desk.

Katherine's head shot up. "What do you mean?"

Williams stood up. He sauntered across to the coffee percolator, allowing his words to sink in. He poured himself a cup and slowly took a sip before turning back to her.

"There have been four murders since the day of your kidnapping," he firmly said.

He paused to allow his words to sink in. He and Jeffries exchanged glances.

"Four murders, Katherine," he continued. "By our reckoning, Big Eddie has some connection to them all. That means you do, too. And with your lack of cooperation today, you are going away for a long time, young lady!"

"No!" she shouted.

Williams picked up his notepad and flipped it closed. "You can't protect Big Eddie, Katherine. And the more you try, the deeper you get..."

She struggled for breath. Her shaking hands lifted what remained of her cigarette. She stared at the floor and took a final drag before stubbing it out. The chipped green ashtray was full.

"Katherine!" Jeffries waited until she looked at him before continuing. "Do you think we give a fuck about what happens to you? It's Big Eddie we're after. You help us and you walk away free. Don't, and I guarantee you will spend a long time behind bars. With him. He's going down no matter what. It's your choice."

The redhead didn't say anything. She wanted the two cops to go away. She wanted everything to go away. She couldn't win. If she told them what she knew, Big Eddie would come after her anyway. Or some of his men would. There was no way out. She was fucked either way.

"We've pieced everything together anyway, Katherine," Jeffries persuasively continued in a soft voice. "Whether you help us or not, this hood is going down. He's going to prison for a long time. The only question you need to ask yourself, is whether you want to go to prison for a long time, too."

She looked up, trembling with fear. "What do I need to do?"

*

The brunette was trembling. She gently tugged down her pleated skirt as it rode up her thighs. Parker sat on the couch beside her and fanned the bills open. He leant forward and placed them on the coffee table.

"The way I see it, Julie," he persuasively said, "you need a grand by tonight. You need another four grand within a couple of weeks. That boyfriend of yours is probably running up debt as we speak. And Ming is about to fire you."

He watched her hazelnut coloured eyes cloud over. She stifled back a sob. He dropped a caring hand onto hers and squeezed her fingers.

"And it seems to me that there is only one way out. And you are looking at the man who is offering it to you."

She sighed heavily. His words were hitting home. She glanced down at the bills on the coffee table. Her gaze returned to his face as she forced some air into her lungs.

"A thousand bucks, Julie. To keep whoever it is off Bobby's back until you've made the four grand."

"This... this film. What... what if there's anything I don't want to do?" she asked.

Bingo, he thought! He had her.

"That will be your choice, honey," he lied. "You won't have to do anything you don't want to do!"

"And the thousand dollars? I can take it now?"

He nodded. This was getting better. He smiled inwardly at her sigh of relief.

"Consider it a down payment," he said, watching an innocent smile play across her eyes. It was time to up the ante. "Only....."

A look of concern replaced the smile. "Only what?" Her voice was sharp.

He pulled a face. "Well, normally you wouldn't get paid until after the film," he softly said. "I'm going out on a limb for you here, and I'd like to trust you, honey. But think about it from my perspective. Let's say you take the money now, and pay it off that debt. Then you tell me later that you've changed your mind.... and I'm suddenly light off a thousand bucks!"

He saw her mind computing what he had just said. It made sense.

"Then... what?" she asked. Her voice was unsure. Was this some sort of trap?

He shrugged. "Julie, the money is yours no matter what. You need it and I want to help."

Relief flooded across her face. He wasn't trying to pull a fast one after all.

"But that still leaves my problem," he added, as if it was quite reasonable to ask.

She nodded and then hesitatingly asked. "What did you have in mind?"

"Maybe some insurance?"

"Insurance?" she asked. Her pretty brow furrowed. "But how."

He gave her a soft smile. "You tell me..."

Her frown deepened. The penny had not quite dropped yet.

"Prove to me that you intend to go through with it," he added.

Her eyes widened as his meaning hit home. She glanced across at the money on the coffee table. "You mean now?"

Parker nodded. His cock began to lengthen in anticipation.

"I'm not going to fuck you, Parker," she said adamantly. "I'm sorry... I just can't. Not here. Not now."

He watched as her eyes dropped to her lap. That was not the reaction he wanted, but all was not yet lost. She hadn't said, 'not ever.'

"I understand," he nodded sympathetically, and then made life more difficult. "Can you think of something else?"

He moved his hand to his crotch and gently rubbed the growing bulge.

"Parker..." she began.

"Think of me as Bobby," he suggested.

She shook her head. But her breathing was heavier. And the way her eyes flicked to his crotch told him she was considering the option.

"You're not Bobby," she said at last. Her voice was a soft whisper.

"No, Bobby is the person that got you into this fucking mess," he said. His tone had a harder edge to it.

She dropped her eyes to her lap. He paused, waiting until she looked at him again.

The softness returned to his voice. "I'm the one who is getting you out of it, honey. That's a thousand bucks of my own money on that coffee table. My own money." Time to press the point home. "Time to decide, Julie. Yes or no?"

*

Holly arrived at the building a good hour before their meeting time. She had no intention of blindly walking into a trap. And the disused warehouse was perfect for Joshua's needs. And hers.

Forcing open a locked window, the blonde eased herself inside. She ignored the overwhelming smell of mustiness. It took a few moments to adjust her eyes to the darker light. The empty room was covered with dust and grime. She picked her way to the door at the far side of the room. It opened with a small creak. She needed to keep that in mind.

Some rickety stairs led to the roof. The assassin took them two at a time. All the while, her acute hearing was on alert for any movement around her.

The door at the top of the stairs opened onto a rooftop. She shaded her eyes as she slid out into the sunlight. It was essential to reconnoitre every area until she had it imprinted in her mind. She took her time returning to the dusty room, checking out every nook and cranny. Once back in the room from where she had entered the building, she sat silently in a shadowy corner. Her brain computed the various permutations as to what might lie ahead.

Twenty minutes later her ears pricked up. The distinct but separate sound of car doors meant at least two assailants. Joshua had said he would be there alone. Her suspicions were confirmed.

The creaking of the stairs was the signal for her to reach for her silencer. They were heading straight up to the roof. Her nerves were on edge but that was normal. At the sound of the access hatch closing above her, she eased the door open. The soft creak disturbed her. So did the sound behind her.

She had made a mistake. The gun in her ribs confirmed that.

"Move, and death awaits," croaked the hood hiding by the front door.

"You're right," she replied, relaxing her body before twisting around.

She jerked his outstretched arm. The sound reverberated all the way to the rooftop as his bullet found its way into the stairs behind her. Damn. She fired into his chest. As he hit the floor, Holly squatted down and felt his pulse. He was not getting up again.

One or possibly two assailants were on the roof. Let's say two. Assume the worst. She danced up the stairs just as the hatch opened.

"Frankie," a voice whispered. She put a hole in his forehead.

She reached the hatch before he hit the ground. His body jammed it open and her blonde head eased into the sunlight. Within seconds, she scanned the previously identified blind spots. The hand that grabbed her hair told Holly she had overestimated the remaining thug's abilities. Rather than covering for one another, he had followed his friend to the hatch.

She moved with an agility born out of many such moments. Her elbow violently crashed into the face of her attacker. The nauseating crunch of a broken nose preceded the thug's scream by a nano-second. She jammed her gun under his chin as he spat out blood and pulled the trigger.

She stepped into the dark of the stairwell as he hit the ground. When she was sure no one else was waiting, she returned down the stairs.

*

Julie's nipples were bullet-like against her t-shirt. Parker wasn't sure if it was the thought of the money or the sex. He needed to take the initiative. "Julie, let me prove to you this isn't all one way!"

It was important he gave her no time to think. He dropped to his knees in front of her and eased her shoulders against the back of the couch. Her hazelnut eyes stared hypnotically at him, her inner turmoil clearly evident. Her breathing came in short pants.

Parker looked up into her eyes. He shot her a reassuring smile. Holding her gaze, he tenderly eased her legs apart. Her body jerked as he trailed the tips of his fingers along her thighs. He nodded comfortingly as he stroked her soft skin. When her eyes narrowed in pleasure, he slowly lowered his head to her right breast. Her mouth opened and she gave a gasp. His mouth took her nipple, sucking it in through the thin fabric of her t-shirt.

Julie's hands slipped to his head, entwining tightly in his hair. As he sucked the hard bud, he was unsure whether the fingers in his hair were guiding, or following, his movement. His hands snaked underneath her pleated skirt. When they hooked into the waistband of her panties, she lifted her ass to allow him to pull them down her body. He had her now.

His hands slid under her t-shirt onto her full breasts. They felt delicious. Her eyes closed and her mouth opened wider as he lowered his head to her dewy sex.

His tongue flicked inside the brunette, passing across her growing clit and up along the thin strip of dark hair. His forefingers and thumbs tweaked her nipples. She was his; and responded by raising her legs to plant her feet on the couch. The beautiful panting woman was granting him access. He took advantage. His hands kneaded her tits as he lapped at her now free flowing juices. Each soft, slow pass of his tongue elicited another moan.

Her legs widened further and she pulled his head even closer. Her hips softly undulated against his face. When he sucked the little nubbin into his mouth, she dug her fingertips into his scalp. "Fuck, Parker," she moaned.

The pace of her thrusts against his face increased. Her orgasm was building. Recognising the signs, he eased off. He wanted to keep her at a fever pitch. His fingers unzipped his jeans and as he slid upwards, he released his cock. His hand found hers and pulled it to him.

"Suck it, honey," he softly persuaded. She moaned; she needed no encouragement.

Twisting across his lap, her eager mouth wrapped itself around his hardness. Her fingers cupped his testicles. Her lips licked around his bulbous crown.

It amazed him how eager she was to satisfy him. Her aroused senses drove her on. She was a tigress. Her licking tongue urgently worked itself back and forth against the underside of his shaft. She eagerly sucked up his precum, as her hand tugged gently at his swollen balls.

Parker's seed was gathering. His panting matched hers. Time to make sure she was ready for him. He twisted around, looking down his sweaty back at the hot sight between her splayed legs. Her smooth pussy lips were engorged and wet. The two fingers he slipped inside her brought a soft cry. His thumb honed in on her slippery clitoris and her legs widened further to grant him better access.

As they closed in on their nirvana, he pulled away. Her aroused eyes were wild as they stared into his. She realised his intention. It seemed a sixth sense kicked in and she closed her legs to prevent his entry. Too little, too late. Her breathing told Parker there was only one winner.

He roughly yanked her t-shirt up. When he took her nipple into his mouth, she moaned aloud, her hands returning to his hair. She gripped a handful between each set of fingers. Their eyes met as she jerked his face up to meet her gaze. Slowly, she spread her legs and wrapped them around his waist.