Vengence Of Dogs Ch. 01

Story Info
A love story of death, love & dogs.
4.7k words
3.5
6.1k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If you knew that your life was merely a phase or short, short segment of your entire existence, how would you live? Knowing nothing 'real' was at risk, what would you do? You'd live a gigantic, bold, fun, dazzling life. You know you would. That's what the ghosts want us to do - all the exciting things they no longer can.

~Chuck Palahniuk

CHAPTER 1

The clock struck 7pm in the hallway of the house at 7 Jillian street. The house was a two story house made with bricks that had a small garden with occupied roses that were pink and purple and a small lawn with lots of small garden ornaments. In the lower story of the house a8 young green eyed woman named Emma Jean who would have been not much older than 23 sat beside a roaring fireplace doing newspaper crossword. She sat nervously as she kept pushing her brunette hair out of her eyes as she tried to concentrate on her crossword but she found it hard to do so as she had other things on her mind.

Upstairs in the top story of the house a young man named Eddie stared at his reflection in the bedroom mirror his brown eyes looked nervously at his small bodied reflection as straightened his tie as he tried to breathe slowly calming his nerves. A large suitcase sat on the bed open but full of already packed clothes and toiletries and a few books by Robert Kirkman. Eddie kept checking his reflection in the mirror thinking about how he would be leaving soon to go away on a business trip for 2 weeks and thinking about when he broke the news to his young wife that sat downstairs. His wife hated the idea of being alone after they had only been married for a few short months and she worried what would happen if he went away. Eddie had reassured her yet since he had broke the news of the business trip Emma had grown more and more anxious and scared as the days grew closer to him leaving. Eddie walked around the room and looked at the photos that Emma had placed around the room, somehow he convinced himself if he looked at the pictures he could calm himself down.

The first picture he looked at was next to the mirror in a frame with a white outline that had colorful lettering that read I love you in the frame was a picture of Emma when she was 17 it was the first picture Eddie was given of her when they first started going out in high school. A small softened feeling grew in his heart as he remembered the day she gave it to him and how beautiful she looked in the picture that was taken of her standing out the front of his favorite store as a teen. The store was a small video game store that sold magazines about gaming and comics and of course video games. Eddie tore his eyes away from the picture with a small smile he could feel his nerves slowly unraveling as he walked to his bedside table and saw his favorite picture of Emma.

The picture was in a frame that was pink and the writing on it read "rye rub you". Next to the picture was picture of Scooby Doo who had his tongue wagging all over the place looking happy. The picture in the frame was taken from Eddie and Emma's forth date. That was the date that made Eddie realize he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Emma. In the picture Eddie was dressed as Scooby Doo and Emma was dressed as Velma. They were both smiling and looked so young there were just 18 and decided for there forth date they would have a horror movie night and watch all the classics. The moment that made Eddie realize he really loved Emma was when they were watching Evil Dead 2 and Emma laughed at a joke so hard she accidently spat her drink down the front of Eddie's Scooby Doo costume. Emma tried to apologize but Eddie just laughed and told her it was fine and that was when Emma just hugged up next to him.

As Eddie stood there reminiscing in Emma and his bedroom looking at the picture he felt a warm calm wash over himself and he reassured himself that Emma would be fine for 2 weeks while he went away for business. And with that Eddie closed his suitcase and walked down the hallway with it. But has he got to the stairs he noticed a 2 photo's that stood side by side firstly a picture of a soccer team from 2006 where Eddie had first met Emma who both played in a mixed soccer team together Emma was a left wing player and Eddie was a right wing player. But the thing that caught his eye about the picture was a tall handsome boy in the back row of the picture, a boy named Ryan who was a real showoff and would always harasses people and bully people during high school. Ryan played the striker of the soccer team and because he was the best goal scorer and the team captain he thought it made him top dog and he thought he could have any girl he wanted. Just after Emma started dating Eddie he would go around telling Emma he was so much better than Eddie and would tell Eddie he wasn't good enough for Emma. This photo made Eddie feel a bit nervous. But it was the photo next to that soccer picture that really made Eddies heart and stomach do a back flip. It was Eddie and Emma's wedding photo and Eddie stood there looking at it and remembered the almost disaster that happened at there wedding. The wedding was crashed by Ryan who showed up at the reception and tried to declare his love for Emma. When Emma declined Ryan shouted some abuse at Emma and Eddie's friends and family and stormed out of the reception. The photo made Eddie feel sickened and uneasy it made him feel that maybe he shouldn't leave his young wife and skip the business meeting and stay at home. No said a voice in Eddie's head, you need to go to this business meeting because you need the money to help fix the house up.

As Eddie walked into the lounge room where Emma sat looking nervous, Emma looked up into Eddies brown eyes with a small pleading coming from her big green eyes. Eddie could see Emma's eyes where saying please don't leave me I love you. Eddie put down the suitcase and took his young wife's hand and lifted her chin up and looked deeply into her green eyes and said, "I have to go babe, I'm sorry I don't want to leave you but we need the money" Emma's green eyes filled with tears as she said "we have money please, Eddie don't leave me". Eddie took his hands and put them around Emma's cheeks and looked deeply into her eyes and said "remember what I said to you when I proposed to you babe, I said, if I shed a tear into the ocean I'd stop loving you when I found it. Always remember I'll always come back to you babe" With that Eddie kissed Emma with such passion and love the kiss lasted for a while then Eddie broke away from Emma gave her one last hug and picked up his suitcase and headed out the door. Emma just stood in the lounge room her eyes swam with tears from her beautiful jade green eyes as she sat down by the fire again and began to softly cry.

Eddie walked out to there garage and got into his dodge charger that was painted orange. As Eddie got into the car and backed it out the driveway and he stopped the car in the driveway for a second. The dashboard of the car was lit up by the moonlight of a full moon and he looked down at his hands that were tightly clenched around the steering wheel and looked at his wedding ring on his right hand that was lit up slightly by the moonlight the words "Scooby doo" that was etched into the ring. Eddie remembered that Emma had etched into her wedding ring "Velma" and he breathed softly and smiled as he continued to back the car out of the driveway and drove down Jillian street as he drove through there hometown of Raimi town. Soon Eddie reached the highway just outside of Raimi town.

The highway looked so abandoned tonight thought Eddie as he drove down the road. On both sides of the highway sat a large forest by the name of Campbell forest. The trees in the forest seemed to slightly spook him and feel uneasy as they swayed in the gentle breeze and the moonlight creeping over the dry branches and dead leaves.

Eddie's mood started to get anxious again so he decided to open the glove box. And put on a cd that Emma made for them when they took long drives together the music on the cd contained songs that reminded them of each other and other special moments in there life. The cd began to play and the first song that played was Eddie and Emma's wedding waltz song. As the wedding waltz song played he remembered how beautiful Emma looked in her wedding dress and how he announced not long after there wedding that he had been offered a deal from a TV company in Melbourne to write a TV series about two teens who defied odds and dated each other in a romantic comedy. Emma knew how much Eddie wanted to be a writer and loved the fact he was getting his shot to show the world what he could do. Then the song changed and the song that played was a song that Emma choose to remind Eddie no matter how far away he was she'd always be thinking of him. Hearing this song made Eddie feel a little uncomfortable as it made him feel he had a knot in his stomach and a feeling of hurt in his heart because he remembered he had left Emma at home while he went to Melbourne. Eddie had suggested to Emma, she come with him to Melbourne but she couldn't get time off work, Emma worked as soccer coach and she was needed until the end of the season. Eddie took his eyes slightly off the road to change the song then he heard a siren of a police car whirl up behind him. Eddie looked into the rear view mirror and realized he had to pull over to the side of the road.

Eddie pulled the car over, and the police car drove a little past him and turned the police car in front of Eddie's car blocking him from driving away. This must be an RBT car just doing the rounds thought Eddie. Then an officer got out of the car Eddie couldn't quite make out who the officer was because Eddie had his front lights on quite bright. "Get out of the car sir" said the officer. For a moment Eddie thought he recognized the voice. So Eddie did as he was told and unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car. The officer walked towards Eddie and Eddie's eyes widened in fear and his heart started to beat heavily. The Officer was his old rival Ryan. Eddie had remembered after high school Ryan had left Raimi town and decided to go become a police officer because of his knack for exercise. Ryan grinned evilly. "Finally I have caught up to you old friend" said Ryan. "But I thought you had left town Ryan?" asked Eddie confused his head swimming with thoughts of what Ryan had in mind. "I did leave town but I spoke to a friend from the Raimi town pub and decided to transfer back to Raimi town police station so I could show you what I made of myself" said Ryan. "Well you certainly have made yourself something haven't you" said Eddie slightly still confused. "Yes I have" said Ryan again flashing that evil smile his eyes dancing with glee.

"So why did you pull me over for officer?" asked Eddie. "Why simply to have a chat with an old friend ha ha" said Ryan. Eddie just looked dumbfound when Ryan spoke again. "You see as I said I heard you were going to Melbourne soon and I decided it was time to finally make my move" said Ryan. "Make what move?" asked Eddie. Eddie heart was beating fast as sweat started to appear on his forehead. "My move to get you out of the picture and finally have Emma for myself" said Ryan grinning he had placed his hand on his 9mm berretta. "Your insane Ryan, Emma would never take you in" yelled Eddie. "Really not even if you were dead" said Ryan putting a lot of emphases on the word dead. Then Ryan pulled his gun off his belt and clicked it. Suddenly Eddie lunged forward to try to wrestle the gun out of Ryan's hand. Suddenly Ryan pulled the trigger and a bullet hit Eddie's left kneecap. Eddie yelled and screamed so loud as he fell to the gravel on the road, blood gushing out of his kneecap his suit pants even while being black Eddie could see the blood soaking the fabric.

"Now that wasn't very nice Ed old boy son" laughed Ryan. Eddie just wiped his face with his hands and tried to stand up by leaning against the car. "Your mad you bastard" spat Eddie. "Now let's be civil and be polite after all I am holding a gun" said Ryan as he waved the gun in the air smiling. Eddie just looked into Ryan's cold grey eyes and saw the evil Ryan was planning but Eddie knew he'd have to fight or keep Ryan talking long enough so he could get the gun off him. Then Ryan's voice broke the silent "oh yes I can't wait till your out of the picture I can feel and see it now as I tell your poor Emma you disappeared and left her all alone said Ryan gleefully. "She'd never believe you, you fricking prick" yelled Eddie still leaning against the car his kneecap was still in so much pain but Eddie knew he'd have to fight the pain even if his legs felt like collapsing. "You don't get it do you, I'm a police officer I can file a fake missing persons report and the public would believe it" said Ryan smiling. Eddie had noticed Ryan had lowered the gun to the side of him, the gun still deadly but at least it was by Ryan's side again. "Oh yes and when I tell your precious Emma that you have gone and left her she will be mine ha ha, I can just imagine her beautiful green eyes looking deeply into mine as I go inside her ha ha" said Ryan evilly as he licked his lips. Then a sudden rage swelled in Eddie's heart and head as he rushed forward to tackle Ryan but his legs gave way and he fell just short of Ryan's' feet and landed on his tummy looking up at Ryan's smiling face. "Oh is that how it is now?" Asked Ryan softly still smiling. Then Ryan took a step back as Eddie still on his stomach looked up at Ryan as Ryan raised his leg and kicked Eddie straight in the side of his jaw. Ryan had always had a strong kick as a teen playing soccer and booting the ball into the goals. And now Eddie had just felt how hard he could kick as he felt his jaw and some of his teeth shatter blood flooded Eddies mouth as he tried to breathe through the pain and the blood as it flowed out of his mouth like a faucet.

Then Eddie rolled onto his back yelling in pain but his yells were muffled by the blood he was trying to swallow. Then Eddie saw Ryan raise his boot above his face and bring it down on his nose. Eddie felt his nose shatter as the cartilage shattered. Eddie rolled over again and crawled back over to his car and leaned against it trying to get his thoughts in control and breathe carefully but it was getting hard to breathe. "Don't you see you can't beat me son" Ryan proclaimed laughing. Then Eddie said something to Ryan that he would never say in front of Emma.

"Tut tut now son keep that filth to yourself" said Ryan softly. Eddie looked down at the road and spat out a heap of blood and wiped his face with his shirt. "Now any last requests?" asked Ryan. "A cigarette would be nice" said Eddie gingerly. With that Ryan reached into his pocket and pulled out a packet of tailors and threw them along with a lighter at Eddie's slumped body leaning against the car. Eddie knew this was a stalling tactic as he lit up a cigarette and breathed it in. the smoke of the cigarette burned his open wounds in his mouth but he continued to smoke it as he studied what Ryan was doing who seemed top just be looking up at the stars the gun still in Ryan's hands. Eddie had noticed that it seemed Ryan was more preoccupied with the stars than him. Eddie knew this was his chance has he bent his fingers and flicked the lit cigarette at Ryan's face. The cigarette hit Ryan just under his eye burning him and startling him, causing him throw the gun in the air as he covered his face in pain. The gun landed a few meters away from Ryan as Eddie crawled up to Ryan as he stood there face still covered, then Eddie punched Ryan in between the legs to try to cause him more pain as Eddie would try to grab the gun. Ryan fell to the ground and yelled in pain, as Eddie crawled closer and closer to the gun. Ryan looked up and noticed that Eddie wasn't too far from the gun so Ryan reached into his top pocket and pulled out a fishing knife and just as Eddie was about to grab the gun Ryan thrust the knife into Eddie's left hand. The knife went through Eddie's left hand as he screamed out in pain and surprise then Ryan picked up the gun no longer was he smiling. "Your dead you bastard, and when your gone Emma will be mine" yelled Ryan as Eddie closed his eyes and pictured his beautiful Emma with her jade green eyes and her smiling at him. He found himself thinking while he saw Emma's picture in his head, Ed's dead baby Ed's dead. Then Eddie heard a bang and he was dead.

CHAPTER 2

Ryan stood there for what felt like forever staring at eddies mangled and bloody body. The moon light danced across his handsome face as a small satisfactory smile creeped across his face.

Ryan attached his gun back to his belt and walked over to his boot, he pulled out a medical kit and applied a small brown bandage to the burning cut under his left eye from the ciggerite burn.

Ryan then pulled out a ciggirte and lit it as he looked up at the stars and thought about the severity of his situation.

Once his ciggirete was ashed out ryan picked up eddies lifeless dirty body and threw it in the back seat of the police car.

He then got into the front seat of his police car and grabbed the walkie talkie "zero ten four this is car 55, iv'e just discovered an abandonded car thats messy and theres blood splashed across the road, i think someone was attacked by an animal of some sort over". "Rodger thar car 55 dispatching a CSU, Do you require any additional help?" Replied the police station. "No i'm fine thanks, over and out" said ryan as he turned his walkie talkie off. Ryan then started up the car and took off speeding down the highway.

As ryan drove down the dark moonlight highway he reached into his glovebox and pulled out a small orange bottle he popped the top of the bottle with his teeth and put the bottle to his nose and inhaled through his nose quickly snorting the brown clumpy like powder.

Ryan felt his senses heighten, as his hands gripped the steering wheel, ryan found himself looking out the window looking for a secluded place to dump eddies body.

After driving for another 5 mins he came across a road that led to a cemetery that catered to both people and pets.

Ryan pulled into the cemetrty and got out of his car and felt the cool wind blowing and sounds of the leaves and branches of the trees rustle in the wind.

Ryan walked amongest the grave sites purpaslly stepping on graves and spitting on head stones, ryan came across a fresh dug grave site that had a headstone that read "here lies a good oggie, who's drinking out of gods toilet now".

Ryan got down on his hands and knees and dug up the freshly laid soil he felt his heart beating in his ears as he felt the mildew of the grass and wet soil bewtween his fingers as he dug out the grave site and pulled a black kelpies rotting body out.

The smell of the dog was overpowering to to ryans nose it smelt like off ham and cheese ssndwiches the kelpie looked as if he had died from old age his grey and black tuffs of fur moved softly in the cool air.

As ryan pulled out eddies body and dragged it over to the dogs burrial site, ryan then stripped off his his shirt pants and shoes as they were now just bloody and dirty rag and threw them in ths grave he then rolled eddies body into the hole as well as he used his hands to make a shallow yet messy grave sites.

Ryans hands were covered in blood dirt and grass as he went to his booted opened it up and pulled put his gym towel and wiped his hands clean then he pulled out his spare police uniform and put it on.

Ryan then jumped in his police car and drove back to scene of eddies murder to assist the CSU.

The moon just reflected off the dirty grave site and on the dogs lifeless body.

It had been 3 weeks since eddies disapperance, emma found herself drifting from room to room like a ghost, she refused to eat a lot and spent a lot of her time hugging eddies dirty washing trying to remember his smell and touch, the way edddie would bite her neck would drive her crazy.

12