Warming the IcePrincess Pt. 01

Story Info
A repressed accountant finds danger, intrigue, and Love.
31.7k words
4.74
114k
112

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/18/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
J-Stroke
J-Stroke
91 Followers

Authors note: Before you begin I would like you to be aware of what it is you have found here. This story is long, and gains momentum at its own pace. It was written contiguously therefore each chapter should ideally be read in order to maintain continuity. They simply were not written to stand-alone. If you're seeking a fast-paced bawdy read, I'm afraid I'll just have to disappoint you. Many of the chapters contain highly erotic scenes of adults having intimate sexual relations. If you are somehow offended by this or are under 18, please stop reading here.

If on the other hand, this is something that is as fascinating to you as it is to me. Then I hope to provide you with an entertaining tale. All of its characters situations and settings are a product of pure fiction embellished by my imagination. Any errors you may find are all mine too.

I wish you the best of luck and Thank you for reading.

J-stroke

Prologue

(Small office, Big Frustrations)

"Oh God Damn it!" I roared slamming my fist down on the stack of computer printouts, I was reviewing for the umpteenth time. Before the echo of my little outburst died away, my head whipped up in embarrassment to check my door only to find it tightly closed. A relieved sigh slipped past my lips as I glanced around my sparse little office aimlessly as if I might find an answer to my problem hanging somewhere on its unadorned walls. My eyes cast about numbly across the disaster my desk had become over the past few days. The only thing not out of place was my calendar, which happened to be displaying the wrong date. I reached out and roughly slapped the page over to the current day even though it was already well past noon.

I shoved it back toward the corner where it resided and said "There damn it," venting a little more of my anger, "Now I can at least say I got something done today."

I started rubbing at my aching temples staring at the date, August 29th. I chuckled as my tired brain returned to that day some seven years ago when I completed the mind-numbing, fourteen hours of tests to pass my state boards. It earned me the heady title of Certified Public Accountant, but my head felt very much the same at the end of that day as it did right now. I never really expected that I would go out and "make the world a better place" through accurate accounting. However, remaining trapped in a perpetual financial limbo was something I never considered a remote possibility either.

While reviewing my options a few months ago I decided it was time that I started looking for greener pastures, and the sooner the better. My decision to move on was in large part due to a salary that had only increased a paltry 24% from what I was making as a new office assistant fresh out of college. In comparison to some of the positions I'd been looking into recently, the benefits at Continental Casualty and Insurance were pretty much crap as well. Adding a bit of insult to injury, was the fact that in my current position as the "Lead auditor" supervising nine other people still didn't even qualify me for the mid-executive benefits package. (Is it just me or does this place seem kinda cheap?) The only thing holding me back from taking this career life-altering leap was one Clarisse McAllister. She was also referred to by most of the men and a good many of the women here at C.C. & I, as the "Ice Princess."

She was awesome the way she wielded her authority over the entire accounting division. Ruling with an iron fist, you might say from her desk as executive assistant to the V. P. of finance and C.F.O. for the whole company. A casual observer would hardly know the man existed, as she seemed to represent his office in its entirety on the accounting floor. Only a few people ever chose to mess with her, senior managers included. She came to her position from outside the company shortly after the new Vice President was shuffled in as the result of a merger with the Allied Insurance Group over four years ago. She made an immediate impression on everyone at Continental and most certainly on me.

There was always some inane scuttlebutt going around the office about her. One week she was sleeping with this department head, the next she was having an affair with such and such corporate officer, married of course. Common sense told me most of the rumors I heard about her were either spiteful gossip or outright B. S. Although most them fell neatly into those two categories I couldn't help bristling with suppressed anger with each new story that reached my ears. She pushed people to get the work done but I never witnessed her stepping over the line and being abusive with anyone, no matter how much they might have deserved it. The Department heads all but trembled at her approach denying her little. Each of them knew that messing with "Ice princess" could easily result in their careers falling into a potentially fatal tailspin. Her assertive nature and the self-confidence she exuded did tend to put a lot people off. I found it incredibly sexy, her no nonsense attitude, toughness, and classic beauty only accentuated the mystique that surrounded her less than flattering nickname. I was in Love. (Does it show?) Completely unrequited of course, but my fixation with her was total.

In my position I was only rarely caught in McAllister's cross hairs, besides I wasn't afraid of her anyway, (O.K. well not that afraid.) I was usually free to watch in rapt fascination as she passed through the department like a whirlwind leaving all manner of turmoil and consternation in her wake, and what a whirlwind she was. Claire McAllister was without question, the most gorgeous woman I had ever laid eyes on, and my baby blues have scoped out quite a few in their time. She moved with the self-assured fluid grace of a skilled dancer, which immediately drew your attention and made it virtually impossible not to notice what a truly striking woman she was.

Now how to describe her, well if you were to ask me I'd just tell you she was a complete and total dish. Okay, okay that's not very helpful let me try that again. I can think of several celebrities she bears at least some resemblance to or parts of her do. For starters think maybe Kate Beckinsale's older sister, but not too much older. She's tall, lithe, and shares similar coloring and facial shape and those gorgeous penetrating eyes. Now give her the lush curvy lips of Mariska Hargitay and you have the beginnings of it. No wait better yet, she looks a lot like the stunning brunette Mary Page Keller, now add in a sprinkle of the saucy Gina Gershon and you have her, almost. Oh hell, she looks like all of them sort of and none exactly. You get the picture though she's beautiful, with strong very feminine features capable of turning heads and breaking hearts wherever she goes. Despite the glitz and glamour of a Hollywood persona, none of these lovely actresses had anything on my girl.

Her hazel eyes captivated you with some kind of indefinable intensity while their color seamed to shift depending on her mood and clothing. The fine laugh lines at the outer corners of her eyes left you with the unmistakable impression that this was no girl peering so intently across the table at you, but 100% pure woman. (Can you tell I've studied for this test?) At this point you may be asking, well what about her bod? Well let me just say that even these statuesque movie stars must have been in line well behind my girl when the good lord was handing out scrumptious curves. Of course, I was only guessing because rumors aside, her personal life was an absolute mystery around the office. I would have to say that she was in her late thirties maybe early forties. Did I mention she was tall? I would put her around five seven perhaps even a bit more. It was so difficult to judge with her always in heels. I don't believe it was her physical presence alone that made her seem so imperious to my coworkers and me. More likely, her innate self-confidence seemed to have people jumping when she merely uttered their names. She also had a disquieting knack for dressing as though she was on her way to a photo shoot for "Office Chic Magazine." If ever there were such a rag Claire McAllister would undoubtedly be their centerfold for life.

I never saw her in anything but a fabulous skirt and blouse or a smart looking dress in the office. On a few very rare occasions, she would come in modeling the female variant of the power suit. I believe they may have been from the Donna Karan collection if I overhead correctly. I only remember form-fitting skirts, in fine tweed or dark pinstripes, a matching jacket, no frills, all very conservative. On her though, the result was stunning. There was no indication within Ms. McAllister's wardrobe of the androgynous slacks or blazers like those so many women in our office donned each day. If I were guessing correctly, she always wore high quality stockings with a lusciously lacy garter belt beneath her pretty skirts, and never pantyhose. (At least in my fantasies that's how it was.) Her waist was slender flaring smoothly to meet nicely proportioned hips perched atop a pair of long shapely legs.

Her bust line was nice and full, if I knew anything about breast sizes I would guess she was at least an overachieving "C" cup but more likely a full firm looking "D." It was a bit difficult to be sure, without getting caught staring at her chest for too long, and that I couldn't afford. For me she epitomized feminine beauty and did so naturally with no need for affectation or trivial head games. The other women in the office always seemed a bit catty when discussing the "Ice Princess." I think they were jealous of her tight curvy body, her incredible fashion sense, and nearly flawless complexion. I could understand it completely. After all, there was no doubt in my mind she had more than enough to inspire such jealously.

I had everything I could do not to drool as she walked past my office. When she spoke, her voice was like honey to my ears. Her rich throaty contralto was enough to melt me in my chair whenever we attended the same staff meetings. Some of my disconsolate office mates seamed to share vivid fantasies of ripping out fistfuls of her perfectly coiffed mane. Hell, I thought her curly auburn locks were one of the least irritating and more fascinating aspects of her appearance. It cascaded midway down her back, swaying rhythmically with her every step it was to me, hypnotic. Nevertheless, what others found irritating even bitchy, I viewed as confidence mixed with a bit of grit. She wasn't here to make anyone happy or feel good about themselves. There was too damned much work to do.

I was never really intimidated by her. (Well maybe just a teensy bit, yeah right!) Nevertheless, I would always go as far as I had to go to keep from raising her ire in any way. Her reputation alone whether deserved or not it was more than enough to keep all of us knuckle-headed accountants in line. Well, most of the time anyway. She was a force to be reckoned with, as I was soon to find out. In less than two insane, magical, nerve-wracking weeks, she would transform my life completely. From the utterly mundane existence of a mid level corporate accountant to heights, so spectacular that my wildest dreams were but a pale shadow of what my life has since become.

Chapter 1

First Friday

(Share the Fun)

Two aspirin later, my head was still throbbing to the beat of a drummer I didn't much like. I was beginning to dream about how nice it would be to get out of here in a few hours. I wanted to escape this stupid audit that just wouldn't balance even more than just being freed from my tiny office. (The only real perk that came with my promotion) I was stuck bellybutton deep in it and it wasn't going away on its own. I couldn't make the claims authorizations and settlement totals agree and it was really pissing me off. I was dealing with our dreaded seven-state South East region. It's been a frequent trouble child for everyone in the division, not just me. Running east from Louisiana and north as far as Virginia, it was the area with highest claims activity whenever there was a major weather event. I had a nearly identical problem the last time I had been stuck auditing this region about three years ago. We rotated regions through the department on a periodic basis to help prevent staff burnout from dealing with the same exact drudgery day after day. (One of my more brilliant innovations since being promoted.) My memory returned for a moment to when I was on my way to lunch and passed the Ice princess's desk earlier today. I told her the problems I was having briefly and mentioned the similarities to the audit three years ago. Her interest seemed genuine but she couldn't offer me any helpful insights to bring it around. I left for a vending machine lunch knowing the damn thing would be waiting in my office to swallow up my entire afternoon.

Three years ago, I was struggling to use our new "streamlined system" pushed on us by the new CFO. For me it wasn't an easy transition because it contradicted what I had been doing here at C.C. & I. for all four years prior to his arrival. It did make the audit process easier and substantially faster but did so by eliminating many of the crosschecks and procedures we relied on in our old system. At the time, I wasn't new to doing regional audits by any means, but the omissions and assumptions allowed by the new system were foreign to me. When I had so much trouble reconciling my first one, I decided to rerun the entire audit reverting to the techniques I was more familiar with. The results I came up with were alarming, hell frightening to someone in my profession. Deciding to bring it to the attention of the "Ice Princess" seemed to be the only choice I had left.

I was so angry, embarrassed, and yes a little scared, that I was forced to involve her, I was on the verge of tears. This was something I should have been able to handle on my own easily. By that point, I was already hopelessly enamored with her and was really freaked when I finally went to see her. She quickly put me at ease with her patient listening and willingness to help. After explaining to her in detail, twice, what I had uncovered, she calmly helped me collect all of my notes, audit materials, and give them to her. I was told this was to be expected occasionally, that everything would be fine and I wasn't to worry. She also made a point of telling me I shouldn't mention her involvement to anyone. I thought it was somewhat odd but I was so relived to get out from under the infuriating job I didn't think to question it.

I didn't want to have to bring this one to her either, so I started checking over everything once more to make damn sure I hadn't made some stupid mistake. It seemed a wise course, since the discrepancy this time was huge! It was approaching $25 million dollars worth of huge! I was shitting bricks trying to figure out why. It was so much bigger than that last one I had been involved in that I was getting a little scared of what it might mean to the company as a whole. You see back in 2003 in the aftermath of hurricane Lily, operating budgets all over the company had been slashed right after that audit went bad. I could only imagine the horrors that a shortfall of $25 million would cause. The first one was a shade under $6 million, which was nothing to sneeze at, but I was really sweating this monster. My throbbing skull coupled with my spate of unbidden daydreaming left me completely unprepared when the "Ice Princess" appeared alongside my desk late that Friday afternoon. I was so lost in the nightmarish scenarios of what might befall the company and my department when this disaster was posted that I completely missed her quiet entry into my office. Hell, I didn't snap out of it until she said my name for the second time.

"Jane."

"Jane."

"Uh, yes," I stammered as I slowly swept my eyes across the papers piled recklessly all over my desk. My gaze wandered past her beautifully manicured nails resting on the only cleared space. Traveling upward along the arms of her stylishly ruffled silk blouse my eyes drifted over the swell of her lovely chest straining against the thin material. When my vision settled upon her wide set hazel eyes, I had to blink to clear my head. If nothing else I had to make sure she wasn't a hallucination induced inside my over-wrought brain.

"Sorry to have to throw this at you now Jane, but I need you to complete that history on overseas businesses we discussed earlier this week. It has to be on Mr. Adams desk first thing Monday morning," she told me with no ambiguity in her tone. "You do remember it Jane? It has to cover the policies we've written for the last five years, with the details we covered in Tuesday's staff meeting."

Stunned I barked, "Why Does he need it so damn fast? It's not due until the middle of the month and I haven't even got anyone started on it yet," I blurted out forgetting for a moment exactly whom I was addressing and instantly wishing I had softened my tone.

She folded her arms across her chest as she straightened and answered, "He's traveling to China next week with our C. E. O. and the chairman of Elmwood Industrial Tools. Their schedule has been pushed up and he has to have that report to review before the trip in order to land what's looking like an important new account."

I didn't think too much of Clifton Adams and didn't know our chief exec. I tried not to let my opinion of him show when I snapped back at her, "And no doubt, they'll need to use it as a baseline for milking max premiums out of the poor bastard."

"No doubt," she answered with a slight knowing smile, "Elmwood does have three new factories over there in need of blanket policies it could be really big for us."

"Christ on a crutch Claire there goes my whole damn weekend and I had plans too," I barked while my weary brain tried to calculate the mountain of work that had just landed in my lap.

I didn't really have much for plans beyond a few hours Saturday morning. I signed up as an instructor at my local community center teaching a basic self-defense to housewives and teenaged girls. I hated to beg out on the class but when I agreed to help out, I was entirely up front with them. I made it perfectly clear that if there were a scheduling conflict my job would to take precedence. Teaching that class was the only way I could insure myself any kind of workout at least once a week. Physically I was slender but that didn't happen by accident, it took some discipline on my part to stay in shape.

The Dojo where I used to train had closed a few months ago. Just before I was ready take my Dan-examination to earn my first black belt. When it closed it left me with nowhere to train or work out and wearing only a brown belt. It's silly I know, but the wrong color belt was making me feel like a bridesmaid stuck with a very expensive but ugly dress, and no prospects for wearing the pretty white one I really wanted. Anyway, helping to instruct the class was the best I could do until I found myself a new place to train. Hell even a ninth degree black belt would start getting rusty if their skills went unused for too long. This was all beside the point damn it, I enjoyed every minute of my time off from Continental, and at the miserly wages they parted with, I deserved it.

I glanced at the clock and did a double take before erupting, "Good god Claire it's 3:15 Friday friggin afternoon how the hell am I going to pull this all together by Monday morning?"

Frantically trying to think of anything that might save me from a looming professional disaster I protested lamely, "The best I can do in that amount of time is a rough summary anyway."

"You know it won't be any good to him without the specifics Jane. He is going to need the claims histories, rider details, premiums paid, lawsuits, the rate schedules, everything. Just give it your best effort Jane," she said without any flexibility in her tone.

J-Stroke
J-Stroke
91 Followers
123456...9