Watercolors Ch. 02

Story Info
Can she love two men?
5.7k words
3.78
46.8k
12

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/27/2022
Created 11/20/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Things went well for several weeks. Although Ralph called every week, she was beginning to place him in her past. She thought that she'd ask him not to call so often and then in the Fall not to call at all.

The first week in August she brought up the subject of a physical again.

"I DON'T NEED ANY DOCTOR TO TELL ME THAT I'M OKAY. I'M FIT AS A FIDDLE, PROBABLY BETTER THAN MOST MEN TEN YEARS YOUNGER." Unfortunately she was sitting in the easy chair in the corner. He jumped in front of her blocking any escape. "Millie never complained about me. She found out what shape I was in every chance she got. One time she got me to go through Sutter's Fort with her. After checking that it seemed safe, she sat on one of the cannons in a little room. Pulled her dress up and showed me she wasn't wearing any panties. Had me do her right there. GODDAMIT, I'M STILL IN GOOD SHAPE."

He balled up his fist. She thought he was going to hit her, but he turned at the last instant and flexed his muscle. Then he stomped out of the room. She broke down and cried for several minutes before she grabbed her purse and jumped in her van to go to the mall.

The next day Ralph called. "How's it going?" He sounded bright and cheerful.

"Not so good." She related yesterday's incident.

"There's got to be something going on," he declared. "However, I think you need a cooling off period. Do you ever go out of town for classes?"

"I have once or twice."

"Let me look around and see what's going on in Monterey and Carmel. I've got your card. Is that still your address?"

"Yes." She had a Mailboxes Etc. drop that she used, so all the advertisements that go to businesses wouldn't come to the house.

When he called next week, she was excited. "I've signed up for the class in Monterey the week before Labor Day."

Three weeks later she was sitting in her motel room outside Monterey. "Hi, Ralph."

"Hi, yourself."

"I just got in. I haven't even unpacked yet."

"Can I come down and take you to dinner?"

"I'm a little tired after the drive. Tomorrow I'll want to find out what the day's and week's schedule is going to be. Why don't we meet Tuesday night at Flanagan's, where we went after the Aquarium?"

At the restaurant on Tuesday she decided to find out more about him. "What do you do to keep busy?"

"One day a week I deliver Meals-On-Wheels. You know us younger folks have to help those old codgers." He winked at her from under a white, receding hairline. "If the weather's good, I go surfing twice a week and bicycling two or three times. If I don't keep active, my doctor fusses at me."

It was funny how she wanted, no needed, to learn his routine, the humdrum things of his existence. She would be able to be in Sacramento and yet be with him as he drove a car or rode his bike.

They had both parked in the restaurant lot tonight. He put his arm around her waist when he walked her over to her car. She put her hand around his waist, too. At her car they kissed. It started with lips gently brushing lips, but progressed to an entanglement of tongues.

"Wou, would you like to follow me back to my motel?" She couldn't look him in the eye. Suppose he turned her down?

He pulled her chin up with his hand. "More than anything."

He met her at her door as she pulled the key card out. He took it from her and opened the door. As soon as they were inside he pulled her into another kiss. Later she remembered her blouse slipping off her shoulder, his lips kissing the roundness of her belly while he pulled her panties down. Then she was rolling on top of him, her skin sliding on his, her sex dripping on to his hip.

His kisses were like honey on her lips. His fingers skipped lightly across her back. They stroked down to her butt and gently traced the valley between her cheeks. At the same time he would break a kiss and nip along her throat. Once again, every place his skin touched hers she felt bolts of desire for another touch.

He rolled her on her back and his mouth descended to a nipple. Tonight he was more forceful and her breasts tingled as his tongue batted the nub back and forth. He leaned over and attacked the neglected one. Then he began kissing down to her belly button.

He blew a raspberry there and she convulsed briefly in laughter and joy. He kissed lower. What was he doing? She felt him licking at the hair at the top of her delta. He's going to put his mouth there! That's dirty! NO! Nothing we do together is dirty!

She felt a hot, wet lance open her lower lips. Everywhere it touched she felt a fire start that she knew would consume her. His tongue glided up and down her slit. He paused and thrust it inside her and wiggled it around. Then it moved up to her button. His licks were so light that she wasn't always sure he was still there, but every nerve cried out for more. She ran her fingers through his hair. When she needed more contact, she pulled his head in.

Suddenly it swept over her. She pushed her hips up as she pulled his head down. Her thighs snapped together and her knees swayed slowly side to side. Every muscle in her body fell apart.

A faraway voice was speaking in the room. "Come up here. I need you inside me."

He entered her gently. Her body vibrated with his thrusts because she could not control it. After several minutes she felt the urge building again. Her hips slapped against his. "I'm going to cum again," she whispered to him. "Cum with me."

It wasn't simultaneous, but near enough. As she lay there awash in her second orgasm, she felt him spurt inside her. After a minute he rolled to one side.

They dozed off. When the bed shifted as he rose, she woke. "I need to get home," he said as he pulled his clothes on. "Prince will be waiting for me with his legs crossed. Can I meet you for supper tomorrow?"

"The class has an evening field trip and discussion afterwards. How about Thursday?"

"I'll meet you here and take you to a place down the coast." He kissed her deeply.

She was still nude when they broke apart. She took his hand and pulled it gently to her breast. "You're a wonderful lover."

Thursday was a repeat of Tuesday. Friday was a sex fest for fifty somethings. Joe knew she hated to drive at night, so he understood her returning on Saturday. Ralph was waiting for her when her class got out at three. They went straight to her motel. They showered together and made love. They went to dinner. They returned to her room and made love again with Ralph using that wonderful tongue to drive her mad.

"You know what's funny?" She was caressing his chest as they lay there recovering. "That first time after we went to the Aquarium, I thought your thingy was on the small side. But now, after this week, I've gotten to know it better and it may be on the large side."

"The miracles of modern medicine.and Bob Dole."

"What do you mean?"

"Guys my age are not like twenty-year-olds. For unknown reasons some things are not as firm as when we were younger. Bob Dole tells us that a little pill can correct that, but you've got to plan ahead. I didn't think that we would do anything after the Aquarium trip. After all you were driving back to Sacramento."

"So I didn't take the pill. You are so exciting that I was able to perform anyway. This week, of course, I've been taking the pill. Listen to us. When we were in our twenties and you said The Pill everyone knew you were talking about women. Now at our age when you say The Pill everybody knows you're talking about men."

He slept with her that night. The next morning they made love one last time before she left.

"When will you be able to come back?"

"I don't know. I'm still married. I still love Joe. I need to take care of him." Ralph stood there waving until she couldn't see him in the rear view mirror any more.

When she got back home, Joe was ready again to fix dinner for her. This time he also encouraged her to go take a long hot bath to relax after the drive.

"What time do you want to go to Mass tomorrow?" He was starting to set the clock before they got in bed.

"Honey, I'm so tired. I think I'll sleep in and then lay around the house all day. I'll catch a Mass during the week."

Monday she made an excuse to go to the store. First she stopped at St Bernadette's for Confession. She was out in forty-five minutes.

I can't believe that adultery is so cheap. That young priest didn't even try to talk to me about it. It must be so common that they don't think it's worth the effort to fight.

Ralph called her on Friday for the next two weeks. He wanted to talk to her more often, but she couldn't think of another time when she was almost sure Joe would be out of the house.

The middle of September Ralph left for what he referred to as his annual pilgrimage to see his children. One son lived in San Jose, but his older son lived in Chicago and his daughter lived in Seattle. He managed to call her on Friday from each city.

Joe had been acting like the old Joe ever since she had come back from Monterey. She was relaxed around him, but feeling guilty also. The Fall Fest in Monterey was coming up. She thought she might ask Joe to come along. It would keep her from being tempted by Ralph and also be a reward to him for his good behavior, even if she didn't tell him that. The Friday one week before she would leave for Monterey, she was talking to Ralph.

They had talked almost thirty minutes before she got up her nerve. "Ralph, I'm going to ask Joe to come along next week."

The silence stretched out unbearably. "Well, I guess I knew that this couldn't last forever. I wish you good luck. I guess I shouldn't call again."

"You've been a really good friend. You've helped me when I needed it, but I'm married. I should be going to my husband for support."

On Saturday afternoon Joe was sitting in front of the TV watching a football game.

"Honey," she started. "Next weekend is Fall Fest in Monterey. I'll be staying overnight. I thought maybe you would like to come with me."

"I've been to Monterey enough. DAMMIT, THE ONLY THING I DO WHEN I'M AWAY ON THESE WEEKENDS WITH YOU IS SIT AROUND WHILE YOU TRY TO SELL YOUR PAININGS. YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SOME SUCKER TO BUY ONE OF THOSE CHEAP DOODLES." He had risen from his La-Z-Boy and moved to stand in front of where she sat on the couch. Now he leaned over her. She shrank back.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE STUCK IN SOME TOURIST TRAP FOR TWO DAYS!" He continued to loom over her for a minute. Then he moved back to the recliner and ignored her. She ran crying to her studio.

Once she had calmed down, she thought of calling Ralph. Just yesterday I told him it was over between us. Now I've had a fight with my husband and I want Ralph back. I hope I'm not that shallow and selfish. I can't go running to Ralph to save me from every mistake I make.

****

"Jan?" She looked up, but she already knew from the voice who it was.

"Ralph!" She leaped from her chair and wrapped her arms around him. "I was hoping you'd come by."

"I've been sitting at the cafe down the street watching you for over an hour. I didn't see anyone who looked like your husband. I just had to speak to you again."

"Joe didn't come. Can I buy you dinner tonight? I've got to talk to you."

"I'll buy you dinner. I want to talk to you so much. Flanagan's at seven?"

At the appointed time they entered 'their' restaurant and were ushered to a table. As the waitress left to retrieve a bottle of wine, Ralph spoke. "You look good. That blouse highlights your natural coloring."

"Thank you. You look like you got outside during your visits to your children, maybe even a little sunburned."

"Yeah. I took my grandsons hiking in the Cascades. I guess I didn't put on enough sunscreen." They slipped easily into small talk which continued through dinner. After dinner he ordered them each a snifter of cognac.

"Ralph, I feel like I've treated you badly. I guess the current phrase is 'I've been a bitch to you.' I want to apologize."

"There's nothing to apologize for. You haven't been a bitch. I went into this with my eyes wide open. To repeat an old phrase: 'Love means never having to say you're sorry'."

The conversation died for a minute as both of them realized what he had inadvertently revealed.

"Ralph," she took his hand. "I –, I don't deserve someone like you." Tears were glistening in her eyes. "You offer me your full support and I can't even admit how much I need you." She told him about the Saturday blow-up.

"Jan, this may be self-serving, but you should leave him. I'm afraid he's going to start abusing you."

"I'm afraid, too, but I've been married to him for more than thirty-three years. I'm sure that he's sick, like you've said. I just can't run away now." Silence weighed heavily over the table. "Ralph, I can't offer much, but I need you to hold me."

When they entered her motel room, they just lay on the bed with her head on his chest. After about twenty minutes she shifted and kissed his neck. He lay still. She kissed him some more. He pulled her up and she leaned down and kissed him on the lips. His tongue slipped out and she opened her mouth to him.

They kissed several times, interrupted by his nibbling on her ear lobe or her kissing his neck. Eventually he rolled her to her back and cupped a breast. After that her blouse and bra seemed to melt away. She loved how gentle he was with her nipples, generating a pleasant buzz through her body. He pulled her slacks and panties off and kissed her mound.

He stopped briefly to discard his clothes and returned to nibbling at her chest. Again his mouth descended toward her juncture and soon her knees were spread as he knelt beside her with his face between her legs.

She looked over and admired his strong bicycle thighs. She reached out and stroked the nearest one, starting at his calf and moving upward. She thrilled to feel the muscles tense as he moved his head around. Stroking on upward, she felt the back of her hand graze his sac.

When that happened, he began to shift around to lie down. At the same time he pulled her up on her side. She ended up looking at his cock. She reached out and stroked it The angle was somewhat awkward for her arm. He renewed his attention to her clit and she paused as the desire pulsed through her body.

When she opened her eyes again, she could see that there was a drop of moisture on the tip of his penis. Oh! He wants me to use my mouth. He's using his mouth on me. Shouldn't I return the favor? She had never done it before. She considered it dirty, but he was thrilling her with the dirty licks he was using between her legs. She stuck her tongue out and touched the drop. It tasted a little salty, but otherwise not much taste. She licked around the head.

"Use your mouth and your hand at the same time," he instructed before returning to his own movements.

She stroked him with her hand and she bobbed her head, her lips sliding back and forth over his ridge. She wasn't used to this. Her neck quickly got tired. She stopped bobbing and just held it in her mouth while continuing with her hand. After a minute she began swirling her tongue around the head.

She could feel herself rising towards that glorious peak. All of a sudden she felt him jerk in her mouth. Then a salty glob hit her tongue. More globs. She held her breath until the spurts stopped. She swallowed. The consistency was weird, but she could get by. She took in a gulp of air. She swallowed twice more. She remembered her first shot of liquor. She learned to drink that; she could learn this.

She had missed her peak. Now she felt him back between her legs, licks gentle as a butterfly's wings. The climb upward started again. Soon she went over.

They shifted around and cuddled. They kissed, each tasting their own juices. Soon they dropped off to sleep.

****

The next morning she called home. She picked a time that she thought Joe would be at Mass. She was right; the answering machine came on.

"Hi! It's me." She began leaving a message. "I ran into some of the gals I had the class with. They asked me to stay for a few days. I think I will. I should get back next Saturday. I'll call you again tomorrow, maybe. Love you."

Again, when she returned on Saturday, Joe was ready with steaks, salad, and baked potato. They cuddled that night and he gave her an orgasm by hand. She slept in Sunday. Monday she went to the store, but she didn't go to Confession.

Thanksgiving and Christmas were mostly uneventful. There was one yelling episode between the Holidays and several cruel arguments between Christmas and New Years, one of which Katy saw. Somehow she got through those days.

****

Stability had returned by the middle of January. One evening they were drinking some wine before dinner. "Honey, you still haven't had that annual checkup, yet."

"DAMMIT, I TOLD YOU I'M OKAY. WHY DO YOU KEEP HARPING ON IT? I DON'T WANT TO PAY ANY MONEY TO THAT OLD SAWBONES THAT I DON'T HAVE TO. JUST SHUT UP." He jumped up and threw his wine glass into the fireplace as he stomped out of the room.

She put her face in her hands and cried. After a few minutes she got the broom and vacuum cleaner. The grandchildren sometimes played in here and she needed to be sure all the glass shards were off the hearth and out of the carpet.

She slept on the daybed in her studio that night. The next morning, while he was meeting buddies for coffee, she packed two suitcases. When he returned, she told him she was going to visit friends in Monterey and she wasn't sure when she'd be back.

After she checked into her motel, she called Ralph, but only got his answering machine. "Ralph, this is Jan. I'm down in Monterey at my usual motel. I'm going to get some supper. I'll try again later."

She cleaned up a little and took the mystery novel that she was working on to the nearest Subway. About an hour later she came back. His car was sitting in the parking space right in front of her door. She pulled in beside him. By the time she got out of her van, he was there. She fell into his arms crying. After a minute or two they broke apart.

"Let's get you checked out and I'll take you back to my house."

"No, no. I'm tired, and I don't want to go anywhere. I just want you to hold me."

She told him about the wine glass and cried some more. They both fell asleep on top of the bed that night, fully dressed.

The next morning, he helped her check out and she followed him to Santa Cruz. When they got to his house, they were both old-fashioned enough that he put her bags in the guest room, but they both knew that was just a fiction. That night and each night thereafter, she slept in his bed.

The next week she called Katy. "Hi, Katy. I'm down in Santa Cruz visiting friends. I'll probably be here for a few weeks."

"Anything wrong?"

"No. I just thought I'd come down for a visit and do some sketching." They talked about the grandchildren for awhile. "Call your father weekly for me. Of course I'll be calling, too, but I think I'll feel better if both of us are checking on him. I'll call you next week."

"Is there a number where I can reach you?"

She was too ashamed to give Katy Ralph's number. "No, I haven't decided where I'm going to be staying long term. I'll let you know."

****

She hadn't thought about how long she would stay in Santa Cruz. She thought maybe three or four weeks. However, when she called Joe towards the end of the second week, she found him in a quandary.

"I'm running out of everything in the pantry. You left just before it was time to go shopping again. I went to the store to get cereal and milk, but I don't know what else to get."

"I'll drive up tomorrow afternoon."

She arrived Friday about five o'clock and Joe took her out for dinner. The next day she shopped and began washing and ironing. By Tuesday she had completely cleaned the house, restocked the pantry, filled the refrigerator with dishes to be microwaved and ironed enough shirts for the next two weeks.

12