Waves and Dreams Ch. 02

Story Info
Jack and Laney go swimming at the aquarium.
2.4k words
4.71
9.9k
00

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/10/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
leejames
leejames
86 Followers

Laney burst back into the house, feeling winded and pleasantly alive. Rex came bounding in behind her, moving quickly to jump on Tugger.

"Rex! DOWN!" In mid-flight, the giant dog dropped to the floor in a "down" position, looking wistfully at Tugger, who walked prissily past him, flicking his tail and giving a general glance of disapproval before going to rub on Laney's legs. Smiling, she reached down and scooped up the enormous cat. "Tugger, are you teasing that poor dog?" Tugger's eyes closed into half-slits, but she could see the smugness on his face. Smiling, she sat the cat down and went into the kitchen, idly opening the fridge. "We have to eat before work, guys. But nothing in here looks good." She let the door fall closed and went into the living room, Rex still laying on the floor and Tugger curled up in the papasan chair. Smiling, she called Rex to her and clipped his leash on, glancing at the clock. "We'll run to the store before work, and get some things." Rex smiled a wolfish smile back at her, as much as any dog could, and she went back out the door, leaving a sleeping Tugger to guard the house.

*****

"C'mon Jack! Don't take all day with this load; we still have two more coming in!"

Jack looked over at his boss, Larry, and sighed. This job was becoming more of a chore every day, and he couldn't stop the fighting urge to quit. But today, his thoughts were elsewhere as he threw fish, namely on that blonde from the beach. He hadn't seen her again for the rest of the week, even though he'd gone every day. His thoughts weren't lending much to his skill at stocking up fish, and he winced as the whole pile hit the floor. Larry whirled around, his eyes blazing. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! Can't even pay attention enough to stack a bunch of fish? Get outta here; come back when you can focus!!"

Jack didn't have to be told twice, he whirled around and left. He knew Larry well enough that when he would show up tomorrow, it wouldn't be mentioned. I really can't get any work done without thinking about that girl. Maybe I do need a day off. He moved down the sea wall, looking at the waves hitting the beach. He could feel the urge to surf rising up in his muscles, but he stopped short as he caught sight of a large movement of black. Outside of the local grocery store, a huge, black, furry dog was tied up to a bike rack. He knew that dog anywhere, and grinned to himself as he moved towards it. The dog looked over at him, its ears perking up and a grin covering its mouth.

"Hey, Rex, how ya doin' boy? Where's your pretty little mama?" Rex didn't answer his questions, but moved closer to him, eager for more of the petting he was receiving. Jack jumped when he heard a voice behind him, smooth like silk.

"Right behind you." Laney was grinning at him, her pretty nose wrinkled a bit in amusement. Jack whirled around and smiled back at her, sucking in a breath at the sight of her. Rex, however, completely changed, and offered a throaty growl, positioning himself between the two of them.

Jack shook his head. "He sure doesn't want anyone near you, does he?"

Laney laughed and untied him, petting the dog's head and idly stroking his ears. "He's pretty possessive. I really enjoy having him that way, though, since I live alone." Her cheeks flushed slightly under his gaze, and he got the feeling that she thought she shouldn't have mentioned that. Good, Jack thought to himself, no boyfriend. Or at least, no live-in boyfriend. He ran his fingers through his sun-bleached shaggy hair, his jade green eyes searching her face. She continued to look down at the dog, and he decided to go for it.

"So, hey, what do you think about getting some breakfast together?" he asked, not really sure what she might say. With girls he was always so sure, but this one seemed different. She smiled, brightly this time, and he felt his body burning again, but not because he wanted to get to the surf.

"I wish I could, but I have to work. Maybe next time," and with that, she started walking away, Rex trailing her. Jack blinked, not sure how to take the rejection. Was it a challenge, or was it just a refusal? He'd known girls in the past, he was far from being virginal, but this one didn't even act like she was interested. Sighing, he turned and began walking away, looking towards the beach. Maybe I'll do something besides surf today, he thought. After all, it wasn't too often that Jack got a day off.

*****

Laney smiled wearily. She was exhausted, but happier than she ever was when she was at home. Nikko nudged her hand delightedly, and she swatted back at him, watching as he backpedaled out of her reach. Or maybe back swam. Laney had always known that she wanted to work with dolphins, but she'd never thought she could make that dream a reality, especially after everything that had happened four years ago. Maybe that's why I've busted my ass so hard in the first place, she thought to herself, scrubbing at the sides of the pool distractedly. While getting the opportunity to train them was amazing, the research was just as satisfying, and she found more and more that she loved about her job every day. Still, it came with some tough chores, and right now she was trying to get Nikko's pool cleaned up. He was the youngest of the pod, and her special training project. He wasn't used in the shows, but he would be, when he was a little older. The tank had all glass walls, so people could see in, and she could see out, though she didn't often notice. However, with Nikko off inventing a game with a ball, she felt an intense gaze, and it wasn't directed at the dolphin. Slowly, she turned around, and was face to face with Jack, the man she'd met at the beach, and then seen that morning at the grocery store. She didn't think he would recognize her with her mask on, but he must've been looking closer than she thought. She smiled, though he probably couldn't tell, and waved tentatively. The smile he returned took the breath out of her, and he waved back just as shyly. She pointed to the top of the tank, demonstrating she'd get out, and he nodded, motioning to her that there was no rush.

*****

Jack had thought that the little scuba diver cleaning the tank looked familiar, but he hadn't realized it was Laney until she'd waved at him. The little bit of her face that he could see stood out in his mind, and it scared him a little that he could recognize her so easily. When he'd decided to go to the aquarium during his day off, he'd had no idea that she worked there, or that he'd be seeing her. He just loved everything to do with the ocean, and the sharks particularly were his favorite. At least, they had been. He still loved them now, but it was with a wary, almost fearful reverence. He knew he should hate them, after what had happened, but he just couldn't be angry. It's not like they knew what they were doing; he'd reminded himself day after day. Still, four years from now, it was a daily battle. Lost in his thoughts, he snapped back to reality when he saw Laney emerge from the staff area, dressed in just a swimsuit that was meant for practically, but that had his thoughts moving faster than he could stop them. He saw the pouty smile on her full lips, and her blue eyes were lit up, which gave him the thrilling thought that she was happy to see him. He moved towards her, smiling. She seemed so at ease here, and so confident.

"Stalking me now, are you?" she grinned, a smile dancing on her face, mischievousness in her eyes.

"Well, I was determined to spend the day with you, so I figured if you weren't willing, I'd just have to follow you around at a distance. Guess I gave myself away..." he shot back, feigning mock repentance.

She laughed a full, deep laugh that set his nerves on fire. It wasn't shrill or high-pitched, but strong and bold. He found her surprisingly easy to be around.

"Well, listen, I've gotta get back to work, but why don't you hang around until closing? I can introduce you to my friends," she said, smiling at him. "Can't leave my stalker out on the high and dry, now can I?" She laughed again. He joined her, trying to hide his ecstasy at being invited.

"Sure, I'll meet you here when you get off, then?" he asked, trying to grin casually.

Laney nodded once, then turned and walked off, towards the coral aquariums. "See ya then."

****

Laney squirmed uncomfortably, becoming more and more nervous by the second. Why did I invite him?! I don't even know him. This was a terrible idea. She was still arguing with herself when she found Jack, right where he said he'd be. He was smiling, a boyish, sexy smile, and she felt smugly happy that she'd told him to stay, even though she was afraid. She'd meant to introduce him to Nikko, but now she was wondering if he even liked dolphins. He looked a little nervous too, though, so she felt better.

"I thought I'd introduce you to Nikko," she said breathily.

"Whoa, really???? One of the dolphins? In person?" Jack looked like a little kid who'd just gotten free run of the candy store. Laney was suddenly inordinately pleased she'd invited him. She nodded and motioned for him to follow her. They made their way up the staircase and into the aquarium floor, which was really just a platform to allow her a place to stand when training. Nikko jumped out of the water, showing off, and did a somersault before splashing down right beside them. She laughed along with Jack and pulled her clothes off, revealing that same suit from before.

"He loves attention; he's just showing off for you. He'll make a great entertainer, once I teach him a little more." Jack looked at her, eyebrows raised. "You train him?" She nodded and laughed, jumping into the water in a cannonball, soaking Jack. She normally wasn't so brave, but something about this place skyrocketed her confidence. She was in her element, here. She splashed around with Nikko for a few minutes, and then turned to Jack, who was watching her like a hungry wolf. His intense gaze made her blush.

"You comin' in, scaredy-cat?" she jeered at him. He shrugged his shoulders and peeled off his shirt, and she knew he heard the swift intake of breath she released without realizing it. He then peeled off his jeans, and she realized he didn't have on any underwear underneath. He made eye contact with her cockily before jumping in after her. She was grateful for the interval while he was underwater - she was bright red and could hardly breathe. He surfaced, and Nikko immediately engaged him in a game of ball. Nikko could be enamored with anyone; he just loved to play so much. Laney quickly swam over to them and took part in the game, laughing and enjoying some human company, for once. Nikko quickly grew bored of their company and swam off on his own, finding his favorite toys. At this obvious dismissal, she turned to face Jack, only to find him staring at her. He swam over to where she was treading water, easily coming within inches of her body.

"Thanks for asking me to stay, this is a blast. I've never gotten to do anything like," he murmured, so close now that anything louder would seem like shouting. She surprised him, and herself, by moving closer, so that their skin was touching. "I'm glad you accepted, it's so nice to have some company," she said, a little shyly. The heat between them was intoxicating, and she was grateful that they were alone there. She could feel his arousal pulsing against her belly, and when he moved his mouth closer to hers, tentatively, she couldn't help but lift her chin up, to receive his kiss. A jolt of hot fire coursed along her veins when his lips touched hers, and she submitted willingly, allowing him to deepen the kiss and coax her lips open, his tongue dancing with hers delicately. She could feel the desire deep in her stomach, her body aching with arousal and excitement.

He pushed his lips more hungrily to hers, and she felt his arms encircle her and lift her tight against him, so that his member actually hurt against her stomach, as close as he was holding her. She reflexively lifted her hips, allowing him to push against her, and she knew he could feel the chemistry between them to. He moved her over to the platform and braced both of them against it, his mouth moving away from hers and down her throat, gaining little gasps and moans when he found the right places on her neck to nibble. He moved one of his hands to tunnel in her hair, and was surprised at the ferocity with which she kissed him back, almost knocking the air out of him. His mouth ravished hers in return, and he let his fingers drop and run along her body in the water slowly, lightly, enough to draw goose bumps. His fingers traced the undersides of her breasts and she could feel his inhale of breath as sharply as hers. In a single, terrifying moment, she could feel how barely restrained his desire was, and she knew he wouldn't stop, in truth, she didn't want him to.

So, when he stopped and let her go, she felt very confused, and angry.

"I'm sorry, Laney. I shouldn't have let that go so far. I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you. I'll...I'll see you around," he mumbled, and hopped out of the tank, pulling his clothes back on and leaving her there alone, confused and incredibly aroused.

leejames
leejames
86 Followers