We Are the Day Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He broke the silence first.

"You and your friend were looking hot down there."

"Yeah, well, we weren't exactly campaigning for peeping Toms," I said, turning to face my somewhat stalker.

He laughed and scooted closer to me. "Two beautiful women such as yourselves were bound to attract attention."

"How long have you been watching us?"

"Long enough." For some reason, this spread more fear within me. I continued to look at him as he looked over my body, licking his lips lightly. I fought the urge to vomit. "Are you enjoying the party?" He finally asked, scooting even closer to me.

"I guess." I folded my arms across my chest, hoping that my skin wouldn't leave my body. Every hair was raised to attention as the nameless man surveyed me.

He nodded, as he looked to be contemplating something. "I tried to make it as enjoyable as possible. I'm not used to throwing parties."

"So this is your house?"

"Yeah."

"How old are you?" He looked young to have a house this opulent.

"I stopped counting at nine hundred."

I tried to contain my composure. "Bullshit."

His eyes flashed yellow and I jumped backward, my back painfully hitting the sink. Apart from Damian and Carter, this was the only vampire I had ever seen, and I did not feel that this meeting would end well. A salacious grin spread over his hard face, making him look demonic.

"Don't try to act surprised; you reek of that fucker, Andros. I take it you're his mate; his scent lingers and mixes with your own. Though, why you're still human, I cannot fathom," he said as if this was a complete mystery to him, his eyes scrunched up in confusion. "You being human leaves both you and him so vulnerable...weak."

I tried to back away from the sink and make my way to the other door, but my path was instantly blocked. I knew that trying to get away would be no use; but the human instinct was to run in fearful situations, and I was still human-as the man pointed out. He laughed sardonically, his smile chilling.

"What do you want?" I asked, hoping it was something simple. Hopefully he would just take me and leave Kenna.

"I'd like for you to give Andros a little message for me-if you live, that is" he said, running his hands through his cropped hair.

If I live? So he wasn't planning to rape me...just kill me. Somehow, I found this to be a comfort.

The nameless vampire hooked a finger in the top of my dress and pulled me closer to him. I could feel his finger resting in my cleavage. "Tell your mate this: the fallen will rise again, this is his first and only warning. Well," he contemplated as his head bobbed from side to side, "and this." With speed that could only be vampiric, his hand reached out toward me. I felt and heard the tearing of skin at my neck; my hand reflexively reached up to where the blood came spurting out.

Hot, sticky liquid oozed from between my fingers as I collapsed to the floor. The nameless vampire licked his finger and within the same breath was gone. I couldn't yell for help, I couldn't move for fear. Pain shot through the gaping wound at my neck as panic took hold of me.

Damian! I tried to call to him from my mind, but I knew it was no use. He was too far away. My vision began to blur as I gasped for air on the plush, pink carpet that was now stained and soaked with my blood. Carter! Damian! I continued to call in my head to no avail.

Oh, God. My brain was beginning to get fuzzy as I still attempted to call out to Damian and Carter. It was no use. This man that had a quarrel against Damian had done what he set out to do. The thought caused tears to pool in my eyes. Damian was right. Maybe I did need protecting. I had been naïve for so long, and now I knew it. Not all vampires were like Damian and Carter; there were real monsters out there that wanted blood for the fun of it.

I put my heels against the base of the tub in an attempt to push off and get closer to the door. I failed. The bottom of my heels were too slippery with my own blood. Reaching my hand out, I tried to pull myself along the carpet. It was in vain: I had no more strength left in me to move, only to think.

Damian, please. I'm sorry. I knew he couldn't hear me, but I still tried. I had to try. He needed to hear my apology; to know how sorry I was...how wrong I was, but all the while, I knew it was too late. It was over. My art, my schooling, me and Damian...my life. Tears began to trickle down my cheeks, further blurring my vision. Damian, I love you.

12