We Are the Day Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

How was it that this guy had turned the tides of our interrogation? We had been holding our own in the beginning, but now he had us under his blood soaked thumb, probably right where he wanted us. Both of us played into his trap. He wasn't going to tell us much more without incentive. I looked at Damian, hoping to pick his next mode of action from his mind, but found nothing. The blue eyed man that I knew and loved was gone and was replaced by a feral, yellow-eyed vampire. His lackadaisical stance was replaced by an angered rigidity. He was losing the battle with his temper, and our prisoner knew it.

The man continued his story. "He's plowin' into her and she's lovin' it, until his eyes turned. Went beyond the yellow to something I'd never seen-black. Straight black. She screamed bloody murder, which only made him feistier. He blew his load in her and what do we do when we come? We bite. He took a fucking chunk out of her neck; big as my fist. Blood everywhere!" He laughed as if this was the funniest thing in the world. My stomach churned. "He pulled out and started fucking her ass. She was still kinda alive at this point so, of course it hurt. I heard the tearing as he pounded her from behind. The blood from that drove him mad, of course. He came again and bit the other side of her neck. The shit looked like it was hanging on by a thread."

The heat of anger flooded my body as my eyes began to burn. I clenched and unclenched my fists; I wanted so bad to hurt this man. The way he talked about the brutal sexing and murder of a defenseless girl made me want to tear his insides out with my bare hands. Thunder sounded from above, booming in rhythm with my heart as Damian's words from our first night together came back to me.

Everything out there is not what it seems, he told me. There's a whole entire world out there that you can scarcely understand or even begin to survive in.

He was right, and after what happened to me within the last few hours coupled with what this vampire was telling us, I could never doubt him again. There was no way that I could survive anything in the vampire world as a human, especially if I was going to continuously be mixed in with the likes of the monster that sat before me.

I glared down at him as he continued to speak to me. "You're mad. I can taste it in the air, see the change in your eyes; but I haven't even gotten to the best part yet," the man said, making sure that I heard him above the constant booming of thunder. "So, he's goin' to town on this girl's ass-you'd think he'd be done after busting two loads but, no. Then what does he do? Balls up his fist, punches through the girl's back and takes her heart out." He chuckled as he continued to speak, "The shit was still beating! He drained it dry then jizzed on the girl's back. But, look; the moral of the story, vampires naturally enjoy that type of stuff. How long do you think you'll be able to hold out, D? A couple more months?" He looked at Damian before turning his attention back to me. "He'll want something more...enjoyable. Thrilling even.

"Humans can only take so much, trust me, I know. Since this sap is too pasty to really turn you, there's really only one option. He'll fuck you into oblivion and kill you, Taylor. Then he'll step right over your limp body and find something more durable. Then he'll get tired of the immortals and bed a human girl again...vicious cycle, really."

He was tipping me over the edge and he knew it. The way he said my name made me even angrier. He talked as if we were old friends; like we actually liked each other. That was far from the truth. I hated this man like I had never hated anyone before. I wanted to end his pitiful existence. Thunder boomed high above our heads and rain began to fall in torrents from the sky as the arrogant vampire began to speak again.

"Whether Damian and his pious bunch care to admit it or not, all of us that are of the Night have these urges, it's only a matter of time before we act on them," he shrugged, gloating in his victory over us. That's really what it was. We had gotten nothing from him besides he was in on the blood smuggling ordeal and that the Rogues wanted a new world order-which we already knew. He wasn't going to tell Damian anything, so it was my turn to try.

"We are not of the Night," I ground out, trying to keep my voice even. "If you haven't noticed, you're the only one here afraid of a little light," I said, moving to stand in front of the perpetrator. Damian flinched, but I ignored him. "We're Daywalkers."

"And that makes you special? You've only been a vampire for a few hours and you already think you know the lingo? Think you know the ins and outs of this world? You know jack shit, and my guess is that you're a sunbather by sheer luck and chance. Don't get cocky, baby."

"You're wasting my time; I don't have a lot of it, so I'm going to make this so simple, even you can't fuck it up." There was a hush over the entire house as people waited for my next move. To be honest, I had no idea what it was. "You're going to tell us whatever we want to know, and if you don't, we will kill you slowly and quite painfully. It'll make you slitting my throat look like a soft fucking caress, you got me?"

"Whoa! Look what we have here! Little Goldie Locks grew a pair!" His laughter turned into an inhuman snarl. "What are you gonna do to me, you little cunt? The most you're good for is a semi-good fucking. I'd bleed you fucking dry and move right on to the next in line."

As if on command, thunder pealed above us, louder than ever. Reach out your hand, I heard a voice as clear as day in my head-it belonged to no one I'd heard in my head before, but it had a familiarity to it that I had to respond to. I held my hand out and looked down. Lightning protruded from each fingertip. Damian jumped backward and our captive's eyes went back to green. I could smell a shift in the air, hear the rush of adrenaline. The prisoner was afraid; I used it to my advantage.

"You feeling talkative now?"

"Not really," he tried to sound sure of himself, but his alarm was unmistakable.

"That's a shame."

"You're not gonna do shit to me. You're just as afraid of that lightning in your hand as your punk ass mate. Go ahead and put that away now."

I pointed my index finger in his direction, getting ready to tell him just what I was going to do when a bolt of lightning left the tip and entered the man's rib cage. Agonized screams tore through the room as the vampire writhed against his constraints. I was starting to feel sorry for hurting the man so much, but then he opened his mouth.

"Bitch!" He managed to get the word out between his screams.

The other vampires in the house started making their way into the room, their thoughts ranged from confusion to curiosity.

"You talk, or we let the light in, the choice is yours." I taunted.

The man spat at me, barely missing my face. Damian took quick action and plunged all three floating knives into the offending vampire's body. I shot two bolts of lightning into his chest, making the other vampires in the room mutter their surprise.

How is this even possible? She's still a Little One.

She's only partly vampire!

That shit's awesome! Carter's voice made me laugh.

The unnamed vampire hollered at me, "You think this is funny, bitch?! I'm the least of your worries. The war is coming and it's bigger than any of you think. The world will be ruled by the Children of the Night."

"I've heard enough for today," Carter said, rubbing his eyes. "Maybe some time baking in the sun will help you to remember something of use."

"Maybe, maybe not," the injured vampire smirked.

Damian's hand pressed the little red button and sunlight poured into the room. Smoke began to rise from our captive's skin as he made his pain known. Screams bounced off the walls as I watched the man try to get loose. His escape attempts only led him, and the chair he sat in, to fall sideways onto the floor.

"Come on, let's go," Damian said. I didn't have to read his mind to figure what he meant. He was really saying, "Come on before you change your mind and let him loose". As much as I wanted to see this man suffer, it was difficult to see him in so much pain. I wouldn't have let him loose, but I would've closed off the sunlight.

"Won't he burn to death if we leave him in that room?" I asked Damian when we got home.

He looked at me peculiarly before answering. "No, the glass has a special coating-kind of similar to how windows are tinted. He'll burn, but not as fast. Plus, I put a timer on it so he only gets a dose every few minutes or so."

I nodded. "You know, if you want to ask me a question, you can just ask," I told Damian as I laid on his bed.

"Did you know?"

"How could I have known? How'd I do it?" I went to answer his, and everyone else's, question before they had the chance to voice it. "I'm not sure. I was angry, then there was a voice in my head that told me to stick my hand out, so I did."

"A voice?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know who it was?"

"I'd never heard it before in my life. Does this make me even more of a freak? The way everyone reacted," I shook my head. "Don't other people have gifts like that?"

"I've never seen a vampire control the weather and shoot lightning through a body. Put that together with the fact that you're only half a vampire and a couple of hours old...what could you do if you were full-blooded? Cause a hurricane? Electrocute tens, maybe hundreds, of people at the same time? We don't really know. But does that make you a freak? No. More of a mystery than anything."

"I don't want the IV."

"What?"

"I can just stay like this."

"No, Taylor."

"Look, if it helps for me to have these...abilities, then I can stay a vampire. The guy said that there's a war coming, and if there is, I should be there to help," Damian closed his eyes tight as I continued to talk. "Plus, if I'm not human anymore, you won't have to worry about me all the time. I can protect myself."

"Taylor, you always think too much about other people. Is this what you want, really? Your emotions will be through the roof for months-last night and this morning was just a little taste of that. You'll thirst for blood, maybe even want to kill. If you kill someone, it'll destroy you, Taylor."

My mind wandered over all of the bad things that would happen to me if I did choose to end my human life; there was still the possibility of burning if I went out during the day, I would thirst for blood; there was potential for me to become a murderer, but there was also good things that could happen. I could help Damian's clan as well as the other clans. Not only could I help them, I could be a part of something. Ever since my parents were taken away from me, I had been searching to belong somewhere. Only when Damian came into my life did I feel like it was my chance to belong.

I could be sure that Damian wouldn't get bored with taking it easy on me sexually, too. Even though the nameless vampire was the only person that I had ever hated, his story hurt my heart because it could so easily come true. What if Damian did get tired of me and my human frailty? What if he wanted something that I couldn't give? I had tried so far to do my best in bed, but I had only lost my innocence a little over a week ago; that was no time to become a sex expert. I asked Kenna as many questions as I could, I studied male anatomy, I even took to reading male magazines and articles about what they liked in bed; but that still didn't make up for decades, or even centuries, of experience that these vampire women would have.

Damian gasped as he walked with vampire speed to the bed. "Taylor, why would you think that?"

I thought I had my walls up, but apparently I let them slip in my attempt to convince Damian to let me become a vampire. I sat and looked at the wall, unable to speak.

"Taylor."

"Yes."

"Yes, as in, that's what you think?"

I began to explain in a rushed manner, my words falling on top of each other. "How could I not think that? I was a virgin before I met you, Damian. If I become human again, there's no way that I'll be able to keep up with you. You'll want someone else. Or...you know."

"No. Never! You're my mate, Taylor. That counts for a lot."

"But you said that we weren't mated."

"Remember when I put my blood into you last night to save you?"

"A blood swap," I said, my heart leaping in my chest.

"Yes. That's what would've happened if you would've bitten me. My blood runs in your veins as yours does in mine," he grabbed my hand. "I wish it would've been better, it's usually a candlelight, lovemaking, sensual affair, but we were strapped for time."

I glowed on the inside. I had finally secured my mate. I could've done a happy dance, but I held it in.

"I'm designed to be with you and only you," he told me.

"But you've slept with other women," I rolled my eyes.

His stare was penetrating. "Yes. That was before I knew of the mating bond."

"Other human women?" The question popped out of my mouth before I had time to filter it out.

His gaze became pained as he looked at me. "Yes."

The glowing on the inside of me was exstinguished and was replaced by fear. My mind was quicker than ever now that I was partly vampire; which made matters even worse. "So, that's what the guy was talking about? You've hurt human women during sex?"

He nodded and my stomach dropped along with Damian's hand. I closed my eyes so tightly that they hurt. It made my head spin, how quickly emotions could change; how life could change.

"How many?"

"It was unintentional, I didn't mean-,"

"How many, Damian?"

"Three," he rushed to explain, "but it wasn't at all like the story that guy told. I would never intentionally hurt any woman like that." I heard what he was saying, but the thunder had already began to roll, bringing with it heavy rain.

"What happened to them?"

He swallowed before answering. "Two of them had to be Turned to save their lives. The other only needed stitches."

I laughed once without humor. "She only needed stitches. So, you only fucked her until she was split in two?"

"Taylor, I-,"

"Is this the 'thorough fucking' you were planning for me when I turned back?! Is this why you didn't want me to stay like this? You want me to be a little rag doll under you? You want to hurt me? To make me scream and beg you to stop? Do your eyes turn black, too?"

A bolt of lightning shot through the window, shattering the glass. I didn't even flinch as the shards nicked and tore at my skin; I knew the wounds would heal instantly.

Just seconds ago, I was in the high of my life; sure, I had my throat slit and almost died a few hours ago, but I was alive now; more alive than I had ever felt. I had secured my mate, and started to transition into a different type of life; now all of that was null and void. The rest of the windows shattered as my anger grew in volumes. Lightning flashed in and out of the glassless windows striking various objects within the room.

"What? Taylor, no! I've never wanted those things from any of the women I've been with! Did I hurt you when I took your virginity? I even had Carter come into the room to make sure that I wouldn't hurt you."

"You fucking liar. Carter wanted to fuck me just as much as you did."

Damian blanched. "No! It's true! I wasn't sure if I could take your virginity safely, so I had Carter come watch to make sure I didn't hurt you. I lied about it so you wouldn't be afraid of me, but I never wanted to hurt you. I could never hurt you! Things got carried away and Carter got involved, but I thought you wanted it, so I allowed it. You only have but to search my mind to find that I'm telling you the truth!"

He was right, but I was past the point of reasoning. I had to leave before I killed him and everyone in the house. I felt my eyes burn as I looked through the window; it was going to be a long fall, but I was sure that I could make it.

"Taylor, don't go!" Damian screamed over the howling wind and rain that poured into the windows of his bedroom. "We can talk about this! Just give me some time to explain!"

"Taylor! What are you doing?" Kenna made it to the room with Carter and the other Firsts.

"Come now, Little One. Let's not do anything rash," Luke said.

I'd heard Luke call me that in his thoughts before; I didn't mind it as much then, but now I just wanted to tear his throat out. My head whipped in his direction and he jumped at least five feet backward. Damian fell to his knees as Kenna covered her mouth. Carter and the others stood stark still, but their eyes and scents hinted at fear.

They all feared me.

I looked up, catching a glimpse of myself in Damian's antique mirror, the only piece of unbroken glass in the room. My hair whipped around my face, my jaw was rigid and I was positioned almost into a full crouch; but that's not what held my attention. I walked to the mirror, unable to look away from my reflection. My eyes were blue instead of their natural gray, and I had no pupils...or white spaces. Just a glowing blue with little flashing bolts of lightning.

I closed my eyes. "I...I'm sorry," I tried to gain composure, but I didn't know how I could. I tried to will away the storm, but it didn't work. Thunder continued to shake the house as lightning struck all around. I was out of control. Without thinking, I launched myself out of the window and landed on the ground with barely a thud.

"Tay!"

"Taylor!"

"Where is she going?"

I didn't even have the answer to that, but I needed to get away.